Author Topic: Stoke City This Season  (Read 20138 times)

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stoke City This Season
« Reply #160 on: May 7, 2018, 06:51:52 pm »
That is genuinely fucking brilliant
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: May 7, 2018, 06:53:35 pm »
Everton should take note of this.  They're making a lot of the same mistakes.

As for that Henry fella, well it was mildly amusing but what's with the hate?  Stoke are a pain in the arse to be sure, but they're hardly like Aston Villa.  Seems a pretty pathetic thing for somebody to do.

How many here would want a ticket to Goodison in the hopes of seeing Everton go down?  I'd avoid it myself - I'd likely choke to death on the fewms!

Think Arsenal's hate (if you can call it that) stems from the Ramsey injury all those years ago.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: May 7, 2018, 07:16:44 pm »
Think Arsenal's hate (if you can call it that) stems from the Ramsey injury all those years ago.

That's fair enough.  I mean I don't even know if that thing is real, but if it is then that Henry fella is seriously well dedicated to his hate!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 7, 2018, 07:25:25 pm »
that Egyptian guy will deffo leave as well...

wouldn´t mind Allen back tbf... i was not happy to see him leave in first place.
Ramadan.

A clear example of what two years of coaching under the likes of Hughes and Lambert can do to a young player.

He had the trickery to put any defender on his ass and the vision to slice any defense open and within two months of being coached under Hughes, he had the talent coached out of him and all what was required off him was to track back, maintain shape and stay compact.

For his own sake I hope he moves away from England like Salah, to a league and a team that makes him regain his confidence because the lad had an ability that was similar to Coutinho.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #164 on: May 7, 2018, 07:32:20 pm »
that Egyptian guy will deffo leave as well...

wouldn´t mind Allen back tbf... i was not happy to see him leave in first place.

He'd provide nothing to team that Gini doesn't already.

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: May 7, 2018, 07:39:31 pm »
He'd provide nothing to team that Gini doesn't already.
Sure would have been handy to have when almost all of our midfielders bar Gini, Hendo and Milner are injured.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #166 on: May 7, 2018, 07:40:18 pm »
Sure would have been handy to have when almost all of our midfielders bar Gini, Hendo and Milner are injured.

To do what? Never understood what people saw in Allen. He was average at best.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 7, 2018, 07:48:58 pm »

So what would he be doing when all of the other ones aren't injured? You think he'd be happy to be on the bench ?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 7, 2018, 07:49:36 pm »
So what would he be doing when all of the other ones aren't injured? You think he'd be happy to be on the bench ?
Going around churches in Liverpool preaching ;)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 7, 2018, 10:37:21 pm »
Paul Lambert’s future at Stoke in doubt due to contract clause

• Manager unable to maintain Premier League status
• Winless run under Lambert stands at 13 matches

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/07/paul-lambert-stoke-manager-future-contract-clause?CMP=share_btn_tw

So between him and Pardew who will get the Cardiff gig when they inevitably fire Warnock in December when they are bottom of the table?

Online MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: May 7, 2018, 10:48:20 pm »
To do what? Never understood what people saw in Allen. He was average at best.

I quite liked him, but he seemed to get injured too often.
Justice for the 96!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 7, 2018, 11:02:45 pm »
Butland is sounding off about some of the signings they've made. I actually agree with him, but why no mention of your shit goalkeeping, Jack?

Just read that Charlie Adam thinks some four or five of his colleagues don't work hard enough. Those in glass houses?

But of course, it won't be Brits. They all work really hard... None of them are overweight or smokers or anything

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: May 7, 2018, 11:06:11 pm »
Just read that Charlie Adam thinks some four or five of his colleagues don't work hard enough. Those in glass houses?

But of course, it won't be Brits. They all work really hard... None of them are overweight or smokers or anything
The same fella who against Brighton argued to take the penalty, missed and then had the slowest ever reaction to the rebound?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 7, 2018, 11:09:17 pm »
The same fella who against Brighton argued to take the penalty, missed and then had the slowest ever reaction to the rebound?

Yeah that one. The one who looks like he's never worked on his tackling, and who looks like a 10k jog in a friendly might kill him

Fucking hell, he and Carroll used to play for us. Embarrassing times, pathetic professionals

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #174 on: May 7, 2018, 11:31:33 pm »
Stoke is a funny one. Under Pulis boring but defensively sound. Under Hughes more entertaining but gradually defence went to pot. Wasted 50m on Wimmer, Berahino and Imbula. How Stoke thought Lambert could keep them up is a mystery. Cracking player in his day but Norwich aside poor manager.
Selling Arnautovic was a mistake.
Potentially a good job for an up and coming manager. Coates gives his managers time and money. Lambert aside two managers in 12 years.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 8, 2018, 01:39:12 am »
I think I speak for all of us when I say FUCK STOKE

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #176 on: May 8, 2018, 03:21:44 am »
Paul Lambert’s future at Stoke in doubt due to contract clause

• Manager unable to maintain Premier League status
• Winless run under Lambert stands at 13 matches

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/07/paul-lambert-stoke-manager-future-contract-clause?CMP=share_btn_tw

So between him and Pardew who will get the Cardiff gig when they inevitably fire Warnock in December when they are bottom of the table?

None other than Sam Allardyce after Everton sack him at the end of the season

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #177 on: May 8, 2018, 10:26:40 am »

To be fair, I think Charlie cut down from 40 fags a day to 30 (on match days). You can't ask for more effort than that.  Hashtag #Professionalism.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 8, 2018, 11:09:30 am »
To be fair, I think Charlie cut down from 40 fags a day to 30 (on match days). You can't ask for more effort than that.  Hashtag #Professionalism.
I don't want anyone doubting my professionalism.
20 on match days. Pre match meal - all day breakfast, double egg - fried.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 8, 2018, 01:51:29 pm »

On an individual basis, Charlie Adam is more to blame for Stoke’s relegation than any other player. He missed a penalty in the last minute that would have beaten Brighton, and then got sent off whilst Stoke were drawing in a very winnable home game against Everton. If it wasn’t for him, they would be at least two points better off, if not three or five.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 8, 2018, 02:02:12 pm »
The fact that Charlie Adam made it as a professional footballer, really gives me hope still that I too can make it or would have made it if I had the opportunities he did.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 8, 2018, 02:22:56 pm »
Whatever else happens to Stoke, I wish for one thing:  That under no circumstances do we sign Jack Butland.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 8, 2018, 02:53:36 pm »
Whatever else happens to Stoke, I wish for one thing:  That under no circumstances do we sign Jack Butland.

We never will, no matter how hard the papers try to make this a thing.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 8, 2018, 03:10:38 pm »
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/993513458531520514

This is hilarious.
That's fucking brutal. I tend to feel bad about taking any pleasure in anyone else's pain (yeah, even Stoke and their fans) but that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Anyone know who this Henry is? The guy deserves a medal.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #185 on: May 8, 2018, 03:11:42 pm »
Bit of a gobshite thing to do, but given it's Stoke it's pretty hilarious  ;D

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #186 on: May 8, 2018, 03:17:51 pm »
On an individual basis, Charlie Adam is more to blame for Stoke’s relegation than any other player. He missed a penalty in the last minute that would have beaten Brighton, and then got sent off whilst Stoke were drawing in a very winnable home game against Everton. If it wasn’t for him, they would be at least two points better off, if not three or five.

So true! That bloke's lack of self-awareness knows no bounds.

I'm bemused by how surprised some are at Stoke's relegation. They've got two genuinely good footballers: Joe Allen and Shaqiri (N'Diaye looks okay, too, but only signed in January). I think Butland, Choupo-Moting and Zouma are decent, too, but they've been inconsistent/injured this season. They've then got a load of players who were once decent, but are long over-the-hill, like Adam himself, Shawcross, Johnson, Ireland, Fletcher and Crouch. Then physical players with limited ability who won't look out of place whatsoever in the Championship like Peters, Bauer, Cameron, Diouf. Most glaringly, absolutely nothing up front.

All seems a perfect recipe for relegation to me. They'll be alright because of Coates but I can't see them bouncing back straight away, too much of a rebuild job required.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 8, 2018, 03:35:39 pm »
That's fucking brutal. I tend to feel bad about taking any pleasure in anyone else's pain (yeah, even Stoke and their fans) but that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Anyone know who this Henry is? The guy deserves a medal.

That was the funniest thing I've ever seen. [or lately]

Pure savagery pure genius

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 8, 2018, 03:35:58 pm »
Berahino still hasn't scored a single goal for them, 30 games and nothing at all. Crazy to think it's the same guy who hit 20 for West Brom just 3 seasons ago.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 8, 2018, 03:40:06 pm »

It was out of order, but so brilliant at the same time.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: May 8, 2018, 05:29:11 pm »
Bit of a gobshite thing to do, but given it's Stoke it's pretty hilarious  ;D

Considering Stoke's shite fans were singing "Aaron Ramsey, he walks with a limp" at the lad when he made his comeback, was well deserved.  Loved seeing them relegated, now we just need Spurs to go down...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2018, 03:01:31 pm »
Lambert has been sacked. Terrible appointment from the start.

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/club-statement-17

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2018, 03:01:51 pm »
Lambert has left. I wonder which one of Allardyce, Moyes or Pardew they'll be linked with first?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2018, 03:03:31 pm »
Lambert has been sacked. Terrible appointment from the start.

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/club-statement-17

Bizarre. I thought the whole idea of Stoke hiring Lambert and Swansea hiring Carvahal was that they were hiring managers capable of steadying the ship if they did get relegated and putting the foundations in place to come straight back up. Now both clubs are in a complete mess.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2018, 03:08:29 pm »
Is that about five managers gone now who were appointed during the season? Moyes, Allardyce, Carvahal, Lambert and I think Pardew?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2018, 03:11:27 pm »
:lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2018, 03:19:23 pm »
Bizarre. I thought the whole idea of Stoke hiring Lambert and Swansea hiring Carvahal was that they were hiring managers capable of steadying the ship if they did get relegated and putting the foundations in place to come straight back up. Now both clubs are in a complete mess.
Carvalhal had a decent spell with Sheffield Wednesday at least where they reached the playoff finals then the semis the following season, Lambert got Norwich promoted once, but since then, his spells in the Championship have been really bad, 15th with Blackburn in 2015-16 and the same position with Wolves the following season.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2018, 03:23:59 pm »
#Sausages

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2018, 03:30:11 pm »
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/993513458531520514

This is hilarious.

Sorry. Going to go against the grain here. It's pathetic. Some kid could have gone with her Dad to support their local team and this prize c*nt takes the tickets off them. It's dedicated, I will grant him that much.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019