Author Topic: Stag in Liverpool  (Read 9357 times)

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
Stag in Liverpool
« on: September 2, 2011, 07:55:22 pm »
My mates having his stag in Liverpool and theres going to be about 15 lads probably dressed up like w*nkers. My question is, being from Liverpool myself i usually see lads/girls on stags/hens but iv no idea what bars/clubs allow them entry as i wouldnt usually drink in those places myself.

Any help/suggestions?

Cheers

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stag in Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: September 3, 2011, 01:53:33 am »
I'd say they'll be sound anywhere on Mathew Street. I can't really be more specific because like you I don't drink round there, but there is generally loads of tourists there and they should accomodate.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 3, 2011, 01:54:58 am »
I'd say they'll be sound anywhere on Mathew Street. I can't really be more specific because like you I don't drink round there, but there is generally loads of tourists there and they should accomodate.

This, just stick around there.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 3, 2011, 11:02:31 am »
Nice one lads, not my usual area but gotta do whats best for the stag!

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 09:41:01 pm »
Might be too late,

But I went to a stag do in Liverpool back in June.

We dressed up as celebrity women & spent the whole night doing most pubs & clubs down Matthew Street.

We had a superb night was warmly recieved by all , in fact we all said we had one of the best nights out ever.

Recommend Matthew Street
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 10:03:36 pm »
Yes, Matthew Street is the place, Went there last august and I was amazed at the sight of this social phenomenon... very amusing seeing people walking around in silly dresses, even the old 60-something lady dressed as a stripper from the 20's, feathers included with all her mates.
The Cavern Club was packed :D
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 04:19:18 pm »
Starting to think about plans for my stag do in the spring.  Where's the best place to go round Liverpool?  Is Concert Square really full of idiots (as I read in another thread on here)?  What's Matthew Street like?

They'll probably be a group of about 12 of us, with ages ranging from mid 20's to late 40's, so not too bothered about clubbing but some decent bar recommendations (and possibly a strip club) would be good...

It really depends on what sort of places you like. Personally, the idea of a night out on Mathew Street is my idea of hell, but I guess some people like it. You won't find many locals round there it'll mainly be tourists, and what locals there are will generally be older. The idea of what a night out in Liverpool is has changed and continues to change, maybe even since this thread was started. People care about what they drink a lot more these days but the likes of Mathew Street, to be fair, still caters for its market like it always has.

For me I wouldn't even consider going "that end" of town unless it was to the pubs around Dale Street, which is a good place to drink if you're around in the daytime. All the best bars and places to go are at the other end of town, around Seel Street, Parr Street, and all the little roads inbetween.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 07:54:05 pm »
You couldn't pay me to drink in Concert Square.  Full of glassy eyed meffs that place.  Plenty of decent bars and pubs nearby though.  Got The Swann on Wood Street and The Attic on Parr Street to name just two.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool stag ideas
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 10:04:07 am »
I've a mate's stag to plan in Liverpool in March.  Been to Liverpool loads but only for matches and when over I've stayed in hotels and (more recently) airbnbs or just gone there and back in a day.  Was wondering if you guys can give me recommendations for accoomodation for 10-12 people for 3 nights?

As they're all in their mid 30s, I thought serviced apartments might be a better idea than hostels, but I wouldn't rule out a budget hotel. The Groom doesn't want to put anyone to wild expense as the wedding will already set them back a fair bit in travel, but at the same time I can see some of these guys expecting more than a £35 a night hostel.

Totally clueless despite a lot of googling!

Any suggestions for good bars and restaurants would be lovely as well. 

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool stag ideas
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 10:37:21 am »

Some inspiration from grifter here mate:

Stag night c*nts. :no

Instead of spending cash on T shirts printed with slogans such as " Gary's stags on Tour 2004"  or " Derek's stag party..Prague 2007 "  Save money by writing  I'M A c*nt on your forehead in black felt tip, same effect but much cheaper. Fucking American stag do's too,  meat headed big gobbed " awesome man "  c*nts who get pissed after three bevies then start crushing empty cans on their heads, lightweight c*nts, stick to shandies and pack in getting the biggest galoot in your gang to dress as a woman, not funny yeh over patriotic bell ends. You Rock....c*nts. 

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 11:03:18 am »
Mid thirties stag do... we've already booked in a wine tasting dinner.  We're a different kind of c**t.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 03:56:27 pm »
I've a mate's stag to plan in Liverpool in March.  Been to Liverpool loads but only for matches and when over I've stayed in hotels and (more recently) airbnbs or just gone there and back in a day.  Was wondering if you guys can give me recommendations for accoomodation for 10-12 people for 3 nights?

As they're all in their mid 30s, I thought serviced apartments might be a better idea than hostels, but I wouldn't rule out a budget hotel. The Groom doesn't want to put anyone to wild expense as the wedding will already set them back a fair bit in travel, but at the same time I can see some of these guys expecting more than a £35 a night hostel.

Totally clueless despite a lot of googling!

Any suggestions for good bars and restaurants would be lovely as well.

Have a look at the Z Hotel for accommodation mate. Not too pricey at all, minimalist approach inside and there's free wine and cheese every evening. Located right by Matthew Street as well so you're right by all the life. Last time my bird stayed there think she spent about £50 for two nights and was very nice apparently, though she did book a long way in advance.

If you want good restaurants then look at the Art School (Sugnall St) or some of the gaffs on Hope St (60 Hope St, the Carriageworks). There's also the Old Blind School on Hardman Street. Salthouse Bacaro (Castle St) is a nice little Italian and Lunya does some great tapas and has a fucking great wine list. The Hanover St Social (on Hanover St, obviously) is also a nice little spot with some top beers - the food isn't spectacular but it's still more than decent and it's a great room. Gusto is also very nice. Etsu is a great Japanese restaurant though I haven't been in a couple of years and Buyers Club (Hardman St again) has a really nice menu, as well. Remora (just off Hardman St, can't remember the exact name) is the best Indian I've ever had in the city but you'll need to bring your own booze for that.

Bars? Fucking hundreds to choose from, mate. All the places on Hope St are great. The Pen Factory is a great little spot with a nice wine list and good tapas, Jenever is a great little gin bar, the Clove & Hitch is another really good gaff with a boss beer garden if you get lucky with the weather.  Frederik's (also on Hope St) is a nice spot and gets quite lively. There's also another little gin bar called Hard Times and Misery on Back Maryland Street which has some great gins if you're into it (everyone seems to be these days). You could go to Kaz Gardens or Berry and Rye as well, both are great. There's also the Merchant or Blind Tiger which are a bit livelier but still classy by all means. Kabinett (Myrtle St) has a lovely wine list and is my favourite sort of establishment ie it's set down from the street. Dead Crafty on Dale Street is a good spot as well, loads of nice craft beers there.

If you want more old fashioned, traditional boozers then get to Peter Kavanagh's (Egerton St, bit out the way), The Fly in The Loaf (Hardman St), the Globe (right opposite Central station in town), the Lion Tavern (Moorfields) or Shenanigans (Tithebarn St). Shenans would be fucking great for a stag, actually. There's also an abundance of nice drinking spots down on the docks such as Circo. Then there are all the gaffs on Matthew St like the Cavern and what not. Ye Cracke is boss as well, it's genuinely one of the weirdest pubs in the city centre but it's great. Liverpool has the best nightlife in the country as far as I'm concerned, there really is an incredible amount of diversity so you won't be short of places to go. Oh the Philharmonic is a boss little pub as well (check the bogs out, they're mad). Oh, there's also the Ship and Mitre and the Exelsior which are next door to each other at the top of Dale Street. It's not a place I go much these days but the Liverpool on James Street gets fucking mad on a Friday night so have a look there if you're into all that. Red Door is also sound, that's on Berry Street (it's a cocktail bar rather than a pub though).

Few ideas there, mate. I'm a bit younger than you but I go all those places regularly (or semi regularly in the case of the restaurants) and there's a good mix of people in all of them agewise. No student meffs in any of them, either.

Hope that's of some use. Happy to suggest more if you want, that's only scratching the surface of everything in Liverpool.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 04:48:57 pm by TravisBickle »
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 04:20:18 pm »
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 05:56:12 pm »
Something else might be the bongo bingo at camp and furnace.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 06:13:59 pm »
Something else might be the bongo bingo at camp and furnace.

Great shout, that.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 06:29:18 pm »

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 07:11:04 pm »
Cheers, mate, very helpful!

No worries, mate. I'd definitely try get a night around Matthew Street in if I were you. It's rammed on the weekend and all the bars round there are happy for you to let your hair down a bit.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:41 pm »
Buyers Club (Hardman St again)
all good suggestions in your post. can't endorse this place though for reasons I don't want to get into online. bad money
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 10:18:01 pm »
all good suggestions in your post. can't endorse this place though for reasons I don't want to get into online. bad money

PM'd mate.

Offline Semi Skimmed

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 01:06:13 pm »
Word of warning about the Z Hotel if there's a load of you (much as the hotel is superb).... there are no twin rooms, as me and my brother found out upon arrival there last year for a game. All doubles! He went down to reception to see if he could get us a twin room, landed back with a spare duvet!

Top hotel though.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2017, 04:15:41 pm »
Got a decent rate at the Holiday Inn so went with that.

In terms of 'activities,' we've booked in wine-tasting and I'm gonna go with Ghetto Golf as well. Unfortunately only two of the guys are reds (including me) so watching a game is a no go.

Now to look through all the food/drink suggestions.  I think an Indian is in order...

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2017, 06:48:39 pm »
Got a decent rate at the Holiday Inn so went with that.

In terms of 'activities,' we've booked in wine-tasting and I'm gonna go with Ghetto Golf as well. Unfortunately only two of the guys are reds (including me) so watching a game is a no go.

Now to look through all the food/drink suggestions.  I think an Indian is in order...

Please post to let us know how Ghetto golf is.

As for Indians, our group tend to go Indian Delight on Renshaw street, nice food, friendly staff and open lateish.

Get them out!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2017, 07:52:37 pm »
Please post to let us know how Ghetto golf is.

I'll let you know tomorrow Shazz, my daughter & nieces are on their way there now :)

Offline Shazz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2017, 09:22:23 pm »
I'll let you know tomorrow Shazz, my daughter & nieces are on their way there now :)

Great stuff, cheers John  :wave

Get them out!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2017, 10:05:41 pm »
I haven't got a clue whats going on down there but she's sent me a pic of a 'don't buy the S*n' gravestone. It may be the first Tee :)

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2017, 06:19:29 pm »
Ghetto golf was good fun but have a bit of a problem. We had a booking for tomor night in the Remora but they just rang and cancelled saying they 'closed due to a gas problem'.

Any suggestions for a decent alternative eaterie within walking distance of lime street? Doesn't matter what type of cuisine, really, as long as it's good food.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2017, 11:58:54 pm »
Ghetto golf was good fun but have a bit of a problem. We had a booking for tomor night in the Remora but they just rang and cancelled saying they 'closed due to a gas problem'.

Any suggestions for a decent alternative eaterie within walking distance of lime street? Doesn't matter what type of cuisine, really, as long as it's good food.

For burgers etc. Death Row Diner (just went tonight), or Free State Kitchen which are both at the top of Hardman Street on Hope Street, and Maryland Street respectively.

Head over to Bold Street for Lucha Libre (mexican),  Nolita Cantina (American style scran), Miyagis, and Mowgli (Indian).

Basically there's loads of stuff. Pity about Remora as I thought it was great when I went.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2023, 10:51:19 pm »
This looks like the most appropriate thread to bump, rather than creating a new one.

Got my brother's stag on the horizon, and I'm keeping it local. Going to organise karting for the Friday evening, and there are enough people local that we can cover off accommodation that night - no plans for everyone as it's always a bit hot, sweaty, and dirty anyway.

Saturday - looking for an activity or two for the afternoon, somewhere that can take a big crowd for food, and bars that are happy to accommodate such a group too.

I know about half of the group - shouldn't be a rowdy one and there'll be nothing 'seedy'. Any suggestions very much welcome - eateries and bars for big groups...?

Had been thinking of simple crowd-pleasers for the afternoon (escape room, bowling, Roxys, etc - figure it's more about getting people together than what you necessarily do), but I'm thinking of the Baltic Triangle and surrounding area after reading above. Probably ticks lots of boxes.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2023, 10:52:59 pm »
How many people are you talking?

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2023, 11:03:54 pm »
This looks like the most appropriate thread to bump, rather than creating a new one.

Got my brother's stag on the horizon, and I'm keeping it local. Going to organise karting for the Friday evening, and there are enough people local that we can cover off accommodation that night - no plans for everyone as it's always a bit hot, sweaty, and dirty anyway.

Saturday - looking for an activity or two for the afternoon, somewhere that can take a big crowd for food, and bars that are happy to accommodate such a group too.

I know about half of the group - shouldn't be a rowdy one and there'll be nothing 'seedy'. Any suggestions very much welcome - eateries and bars for big groups...?

Had been thinking of simple crowd-pleasers for the afternoon (escape room, bowling, Roxys, etc - figure it's more about getting people together than what you necessarily do), but I'm thinking of the Baltic Triangle and surrounding area after reading above. Probably ticks lots of boxes.
You’d probably want to split into smaller groups of 3/4 people max for the evening so you can get in everywhere where you want to go. Especially if there’s people who are more lightweight than others as bouncers seem more strict these days.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2023, 11:16:28 pm »
You’d probably want to split into smaller groups of 3/4 people max for the evening so you can get in everywhere where you want to go. Especially if there’s people who are more lightweight than others as bouncers seem more strict these days.

Yep, good thinking. Looking at a few places around Baltic/Cains and I can see they take bookings for larger groups too, so I should get on the phone tomorrow.

How many people are you talking?

He's given me a list of about 25 to invite, but there'll inevitably be a handful who can't make it/can't stay into the evening or whatever.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2023, 11:25:19 pm »
Probably the Baltic Market area, they've got crazy golf, plus Arcains which is a place filled with arcade machines, were you just pay for entry.

Plenty of bars etc round there now as well.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2023, 12:44:10 pm »
PINS Social Club on Duke Street is worth a stop, they do bowling, pool, arcade stuff and all sorts of food and beers.

Big enough to take a crowd of you in.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2023, 11:47:15 am »
Probably the Baltic Market area, they've got crazy golf, plus Arcains which is a place filled with arcade machines, were you just pay for entry.

Plenty of bars etc round there now as well.

Thanks John for basically organising this for me ;D

15 of us went karting near Brunswick on the Friday night, with a handful of us going for a pizza beforehand and the pub afterwards too (was particularly pleased that my brother & I qualified 2nd & 1st respectively, although we let the 15yo opt for a reverse-grid start and so I could only fight back to 3rd from last!).

Then on the Saturday, my brother & some of his old school pals met for brunch and he showed them some of the city whilst another handful of us watched the match. We then all met at Arcains for an hour and then went on to Golf Fang (formerly Ghetto Golf). I imagine we could have spent a bit longer in Arcains really - no complaints from anyone, but we probably weren't there long enough for everyone to get value of their money. Everyone seemed to have a good laugh at Golf Fang though, and we had quite a bit of buffer time in the bar either side which was handy for everyone getting to know one another.

Booked Love Lane for food & drinks afterwards - they sorted us with the mezzanine space, told us not to worry about the pre-determined minimum spend, and did a really good job of looking after us despite the fact that my request for menu picks in advance ended up being hit & miss at best! A few of us went to Punch Tarmey's afterwards, whilst another group headed off into town.

Had a cracking weekend. Had been a bit worried about some of the venues, etc, being familiar to my brother, but none of that seemed to matter once the rooms were filled & tables surrounded by his friends & family who perhaps didn't know the places.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2023, 07:20:28 pm »
Bump.

Mate of mine is best man to an ex-emo who wants an emo/goth/alternative-themed stag in Liverpool. Any recommendations for bars or clubs to cater? Cheers.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2023, 07:21:40 pm »
Krazyhouse or whatever it’s called these days still has a floor for that stuff, I think.
AHA!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2023, 09:31:34 pm »
Krazyhouse or whatever it’s called these days still has a floor for that stuff, I think.

Its the Electrik Warehouse now https://www.electrikliverpool.co.uk/
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2023, 09:32:42 pm »
Five (sticky) floors, wonder if it still stinks of greasy chips.
AHA!

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2023, 10:21:09 pm »
The Swan is a decent metal pub around the corner from Krazyhouse. The Pilgrim another decent pub near the Anglican where you also get metal/alternative stuff on the jukebox (and occasionally bands upstairs) and you'll always find a few sweaty mosher types drinking in there.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2023, 03:21:38 pm »
Beer Engine on Hardman Street is metally
Believer