Author Topic: Stephen Lawrence Suspects Dobson & Norris GUILTY!  (Read 12896 times)

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Stephen Lawrence Suspects Dobson & Norris GUILTY!
« on: May 18, 2011, 11:35:24 am »
Close to my heart this is. He went to my school and I was having a battle on Streetfighter 2 at the local chippy with him at lunch time, on the day he was murdered. Like we did most lunchtimes.

He was a top bloke with a really bright future. The failings of the police and the institutional racism was just appalling. Really hoping justice is finally served, and the scum rot in jail.

RIP Stephen

Two men are to stand trial accused of being part of a racist white gang that "targeted and killed" the black teenager Stephen Lawrence because of the colour of his skin, the appeal court has said.

The killing in 1993 in Eltham, south-east London, is one of the most high-profile unsolved murders in Britain.

The men charged are David Norris, who has never before been charged over the stabbing, and Gary Dobson, who stood trial previously and was found not guilty.

Dobson was acquitted of killing Lawrence, 18, after a private murder prosecution brought in 1996 by the parents of the talented youngster who dreamed of being an architect.

A new law established in 2003 abolished the longstanding ban on people being retried for the same crime after being found not guilty, if "compelling" new evidence came to light.

The appeal court agreed on Wednesday that new evidence was compelling enough to allow Dobson's acquittal to be quashed.

In effect, the appeal court, in a ruling by the lord chief justice of England and Wales, wiped the legal slate clean. This means Dobson and Norris will stand trial for the murder of Lawrence, in November at the Old Bailey in central London.

The Crown Prosecution Service and police charged Dobson and Norris in September 2010, but some of the toughest reporting restrictions on the media meant the dramatic development in the long-running case could not be reported until now.

In March, a hearing was held at the appeal court to decide if the acquittal of Dobson could be set aside, watched by Lawrence's parents, Doreen and Neville. The media was also banned from reporting that hearing.

The judgment says the murder of Stephen Lawrence was a "calamitous crime" and declares he was "a young black man of great promise, targeted and killed by a group of white youths just because of the colour of his skin".

The new evidence that convinced the appeal court to quash Dobson's acquittal is based on forensics.

The media is restricted in its reporting to Wednesday's judgment from the court of appeal.

According to a summary of its judgment: "The present application depends on the reliability of new scientific evidence which by reference to the grey bomber jacket (LH/5) and the multi-coloured cardigan (ASR/2) closely links Dobson with the fatal attack on Stephen Lawrence.

"It does not and could not demonstrate that Dobson wielded the knife which caused the fatal wound, but given the circumstances of the attack on Stephen Lawrence – that is, a group of youths in a violent enterprise converging on a young man, and attacking him as a group – it would be open to a jury to conclude that any one of those who participated in the attack was party to the killing and guilty of murder, or alternatively manslaughter (a verdict which would, if there had been sufficient evidence, also have been available at the first trial).

"If reliable, the new scientific evidence would place Dobson in very close proximity indeed to Stephen Lawrence at the moment of and in the immediate aftermath of the attack; proximity, moreover, for which no innocent explanation can be discerned."

Counsel for Dobson, Timothy Roberts QC, argued the new forensics were unreliable because they "are likely to be the product of contamination over the years, that is, by contact with Stephen Lawrence's blood and his clothing". This was "the result of outdated or incompetent storage or packaging or transporting arrangements".

Furthermore, Roberts said Dobson's acquittal should stand because "the huge wave of constant publicity over the years, directly identifying some of those suspected of the murder with involvement in the crime" meant there could not be a fair trial.

In the judgment by the lord chief justice, the appeal court decided there was enough new evidence for Dobson to stand trial for Lawrence's murder for a second time: "There is sufficient reliable and substantial new evidence to justify the quashing of the acquittal and to order a new trial.

"This decision means – and we emphasise that it means no more than that – the question whether Dobson had any criminal involvement in Stephen Lawrence's death must be considered afresh by a new jury, which will examine the evidence and decide whether the allegation against him is proved. The presumption of innocence continues to apply."

The judgment states that its ruling does not mean that Dobson is guilty and stresses that the court of appeal "is certainly not required to usurp the function of the jury, or … indicate to the jury what the verdict should be".

Lawrence was murdered just after 10.35 pm on 22 April 1993. He was waiting at a bus stop in south-east London with a friend, Duwayne Brooks.

According to the judgment: "As they waited peacefully for the bus, a group of white youths crossed the road towards them. One of the youths used abusive racist language. This was followed by a sudden and immediate attack, as the group converged on or charged at them.

"Duwayne Brooks managed to make his escape, but Stephen Lawrence was felled.

"He was stabbed twice to the upper torso … Major blood vessels were severed. The injuries were fatal.

"Mortally wounded, Stephen Lawrence managed to get to his feet. He ran after Duwayne Brooks, but after a little while, he collapsed on the pavement. He died shortly afterwards in hospital."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/may/18/stephen-lawrence-suspects-stand-trial
« Last Edit: January 3, 2012, 03:20:10 pm by 2u4rez/7 »

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stephen Lawrence Suspects to Stand Trial
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 11:37:16 am »
And it's too easy to forget those caught up in the aftermath.

His parents divorced after spending so many years trying to fight for justice.

And sadly, his best friend, who also went to our school, committed suicide a few weeks after the funeral.

Offline rafa_thebosphorus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 11:47:21 am »
Close to my heart this is. He went to my school and I was having a battle on Streetfighter 2 at the local chippy with him at lunch time, on the day he was murdered. Like we did most lunchtimes.

He was a top bloke with a really bright future. The failings of the police and the institutional racism was just appalling. Really hoping justice is finally served, and the scum rot in jail.

RIP Stephen

And sadly, his best friend, who also went to our school, committed suicide a few weeks after the funeral.

just bloody tragic mate, lets hope they get some proper justice this time.
I knew one of his cousins, and if she's anything to go by i'm sure he was a lovely fella and no doubt sadly missed by friends and family.

Offline Chinbits

• Has a Purpoise in life
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Factor 3rd Place WINNER
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 12:03:45 pm »
Fingers crossed that justice is served.
Hold a powerful magnet against your stomach and then run it up your body until it's under your chin.

While wearing your mum's skin as a hat.

Offline ClaireW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "If I can't dance, it's not my revolution"
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 12:29:43 pm »
This is great news.

The changes in the double jeopardy law had totally passed me by.

Offline Naughtykid

• Ignore everyone else, listen to me. I SAID LISTEN TO ME!!! Oi! Where are you all going?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 12:43:02 pm »
Remember seeing a program on telly a few years back, about some undercover evidence they had on the lads who stabbed him.

Shocking to see the care free attitude they had to knives.

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
  • i fight the empire, i fix the robots.
    • imdb
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 12:45:25 pm »

Must be horrible for you too mate.
Let's hope they see justice, it's been too long. I'm so glad i don't live there anymore.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 01:09:59 pm »
So glad they will stand again. I went to a school not far away from there at the time and my parents knew the Lawrence Family.

He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 01:10:54 pm »
This has made my day. I hope they rot.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 01:14:49 pm »
Really hope those horrible, arrogant, scumbags get nailed this time.

Then locking them up with black inmates would be perfect.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 01:18:33 pm »
Remember seeing a program on telly a few years back, about some undercover evidence they had on the lads who stabbed him.

Shocking to see the care free attitude they had to knives.

Wasn't just their attitude to knives that was shocking.

It sounds like their must be some fairly damning new evidence brought to light - hopefully justice will be done.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 01:19:21 pm »
Hopefully justice will be done this time.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 01:48:00 pm »
Good. Hope the bastards get what's coming to them.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 01:53:53 pm »
Let's hope they see justice, it's been too long. I'm so glad i don't live there anymore.

I moved to Eltham for a 6 or so years after I got married, and walked past Stephen's plaque every day on my walk to the station. Still a number of dickheads live there, Mate.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 02:47:13 pm »
waited a long time for this,

RIP Stephen Lawrence

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 03:07:02 pm »
It's about time.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
  • i fight the empire, i fix the robots.
    • imdb
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 03:07:59 pm »
I moved to Eltham for a 6 or so years after I got married, and walked past Stephen's plaque every day on my walk to the station. Still a number of dickheads live there, Mate.
Yeah unfortunately i still have to go back there a fair bit to see friends and family. Its full of arseholes and i cant see it getting much better.

Offline evenflow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 05:24:54 pm »
Fuck them.  Really did leave an impact on our community at the time.  Hope these two get what should be coming to them. 
Quote from: rowan_d on Today at 05:49:28 PM
And though Jacob once did ascend unto the Holy Mountain, Christ the Healer declared unto him, 'Mad Men has had a mare in this thread.'

Jacob, 3:16

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 06:34:42 pm »
Long overdue, hope they don't fuck it up again.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 06:36:57 pm »
good, the racist c*nts
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 06:48:43 pm »
Hope they get their punishment.

I remember watching them come out of the court when they were acquitted.Total scumbags!!

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 08:54:09 pm »
Hopefully his parents will get justice for him.

I grew up in Eltham, and knew of Dobson through my secondary school - not a nice bit of work.

I'm glad I moved away too.

Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 08:57:49 pm »
hope your mates family get justice chivas mate, horrible vile sick twats.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 10:15:33 pm »
hope your mates family get justice chivas mate, horrible vile sick twats.

Cheers fella. Can't claim I was good mates with him. Just knew him like everyone seemed to. He was really popular.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 03:16:52 am »
holy shit, that is a surprise, good policing if they've got new evidence.

Offline cathy-lfc-taff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 08:18:42 am »
I hope justice is finally done. Any murder like this is heartbreaking, but the Stephen Lawrence and Damilola Taylor killings really get to me, they were young innocent boys killed because of the colour of their skin, its senseless and is something I'll never understand.
I wish my balls were as big as Dirk's.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2011, 09:11:57 am »
I hope justice is finally done. Any murder like this is heartbreaking, but the Stephen Lawrence and Damilola Taylor killings really get to me, they were young innocent boys killed because of the colour of their skin, its senseless and is something I'll never understand.

I could be wrong Cathy, but I’m pretty sure Damilola Taylor wasn’t a race related murder, horrible as it was

Offline AnyGivenSunday

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 10:28:40 am »
Fingers crossed that justice is served.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 11:15:20 am »
Fingers crossed on this one.  Can't believe how long it's taken.

Offline cathy-lfc-taff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 06:29:40 pm »
I could be wrong Cathy, but I’m pretty sure Damilola Taylor wasn’t a race related murder, horrible as it was

Hi Nick, no you're right, I thought i'd mentioned the accusations of police racism and that's why I brought up Damilola Taylor, but obviously I thought you'd psychic-aly know what I was on about. I did say Damilola was killed because he was black, and honestly it took you to remind me that he wasn't to make me remember (which probably doesn't say good things about me). I just don't get the whole issue of race, why kids die because of their skin colour, or why racism for example in the police means that cases like these don't get investigated properly (which I believe was an allegation made in both the Lawrence and Taylor cases), I just don't understand it.
I wish my balls were as big as Dirk's.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2011, 09:22:30 pm »
Hi Nick, no you're right, I thought i'd mentioned the accusations of police racism and that's why I brought up Damilola Taylor, but obviously I thought you'd psychic-aly know what I was on about. I did say Damilola was killed because he was black, and honestly it took you to remind me that he wasn't to make me remember (which probably doesn't say good things about me). I just don't get the whole issue of race, why kids die because of their skin colour, or why racism for example in the police means that cases like these don't get investigated properly (which I believe was an allegation made in both the Lawrence and Taylor cases), I just don't understand it.
TBF I doubt most  right minded people would understand.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2011, 02:13:31 am »
BIG TIME..

His poor family and friends deserve some closure after all these years.

Offline Lord Roger Hunt

• Elevated to the RAWK Peerage. Furious Legend In His Own Lunchtime.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Humans were harmed in the making of this picture
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2011, 11:02:26 am »
Fair play to the detectives who didn't give up pursuing these scum - lets just hope now that the jury finishes the job.
From the Country of Liverpool

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 3, 2012, 02:46:39 pm »
GUILTY!

Justice at last. Hope the c*nts rot in jail.

Surreal feeling.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #34 on: January 3, 2012, 02:59:09 pm »

It was, but it's taken FAR too long.

RIP Stephen Lawrence. May these c*nts rot in prison, and hopefully be dry-bummed.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #35 on: January 3, 2012, 03:06:27 pm »
Better late than never I suppose. What will happen to the rest of the gang involved? Or will they get away with it due to lack of forensic evidence? I assume that’s why only these two were tried for it?

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 3, 2012, 03:15:56 pm »
Justice at last - shame the rest of the c*nts didn't stand trial.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: Stephen Lawrence Suspects Dobson & Norris GUILTY!
« Reply #37 on: January 3, 2012, 03:20:49 pm »
Excellent. Can the other 3 still be done, does anyone know?

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 3, 2012, 03:23:14 pm »
Better late than never I suppose. What will happen to the rest of the gang involved? Or will they get away with it due to lack of forensic evidence? I assume that’s why only these two were tried for it?

Two others still walking around free. Doubt they'll ever be purnished now. But this goes a long way to putting things right.

Incredibly happy for Stephen's parents. The diginity and fight they've shown has been inspirational.

Never give up the fight for justice.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: Stephen Lawrence Suspects Dobson & Norris GUILTY!
« Reply #39 on: January 3, 2012, 03:24:34 pm »
Excellent. Can the other 3 still be done, does anyone know?
Was just thinking exactly the same when I heard the news.
Hopefully they will face some sort of justice.