Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 387414 times)

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #4560 on: October 24, 2017, 01:28:55 pm »
Is it safe to say that FTWD is the superior show in the franchise now.

I think it is now.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #4561 on: October 24, 2017, 01:31:39 pm »
This is from about 5 years ago. They still using the same formula?

Sums it up for me, I started to watch the show when it first came out but lost interest then checked it out again and watched a few episodes where literally nothing happened.

Part of it is me, I would much rather watch a good movie than a never ending series that shows no sign of actually coming to a conclusion.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4562 on: October 24, 2017, 03:28:24 pm »
So fucking stupid.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #4563 on: October 24, 2017, 06:39:41 pm »
Is it safe to say that FTWD is the superior show in the franchise now.

I think it is now.

It's possible, but nothing really happens in that one either  ;D

With both of these, I can't help feeling like they are taking a great set-up and shitting the bed with it. A while ago in here someone said something about searching for a cure - I'm too lazy to go find it, but anyway - it has always seemed to me like that would be a lot more interesting than watching these numpties trying to build a white trash Jamestown out of the postapocalypse. For all its flaws, "The Stand" is how you do one of these stories. It's probably not fair to ask this to be as good as "The Stand," but it would be nice to see them pushing it forward instead of constantly spinning their wheels.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #4564 on: October 24, 2017, 07:53:18 pm »
Personally would like to see The Stand as a TV series, should've made Dark Tower that way from start.  But read somewhere that former is being touted as a 4 part films.  Off topic, I know, yet a lot more interesting since topic at hand has dwindled down to idiot-ism...and I do mean show, not thread

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stand_(miniseries)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #4565 on: October 24, 2017, 08:12:00 pm »
Remember watching The Stand, saw it about 5/6years ago. Damn it had aged. Love to see it have another shot. Dark Tower should have always been a six part mini.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4566 on: October 24, 2017, 10:19:05 pm »
Is it safe to say this has jumped the shark now
People not being arsed spoilering and more importantly no one being arsed and moaning about people not spoilering seems to hint so

How many times now have we seen the Bond Villan discuss the plan in detail rather than just shooting technique over the entire series
+6 ticket exchange

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4567 on: October 24, 2017, 10:27:50 pm »
I mean seriously, I'd love to see a rational defence of that episode. The writing is now at the point where it's not stupid, it's just downright disrespectful to the audience.

Anywho, here's my rant on this episode.

Spoiler
We literally see the group taking out lookouts with ease, sometimes with one shot from a significant distance, but for some reason they don't stick a bullet/bolt in Negan's head as soon as he pops through the door. I mean they even said that the whole point of this was to kill Negan, no one else had to die, so just shoot him! You have dozens of automatic weapons aimed right at him!! He's not even in cover, at all! Just shoot him!

Then minutes later, Negan is completely unarmed, cowering just 20 yards away from Rick. Just walk up to him and shoot him, you've got him it's over, shoot him!! Oh no wait, Rick has to go for some reason cos it#s not about him, no fucking shit mate, it's about Negan, you know the guy I'm aiming at right now!!

Then at the end. "You're going to shit your pants in a minute!" No mate, you've got a bat, I've got a loaded machine gun, you're going to shit yourself right fucking now. Bang! Game over! But no, Negan will get the upper hand I'm sure, oh and those hundreds of walkers surrounding him won't be a problem either, I mean there's probably a dumpster to hide under so he'll be fine.

Fuck it's just ridiculous. If you want Negan to stay alive cos he's the big bad, then fine, just don't write yourselves into a position where it's downright ridiculous for him not to die.
[close]

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4568 on: October 25, 2017, 01:58:49 am »

I think so too. And I also agree with FTWD being superior now. Rick has turned into a cartoon post apocalyptic Jesus now, and Negan is...well...he's Negan. No development there.

It's practically turned into a 90's Saturday afternoon schlockfest. It's got all the tame action of Baywatch, but without the added bonus of tits. Well, I could say Rick's entire group are now a bunch of tits. They act like it. And whoever had the idea of pairing Michonne with Rick shouldn't be allowed to lift a pen again. Those two have all the romantic chemistry of a mouldy wet wilted lettuce you'd find at the bottom of your fridge. I was OK with it initially, but, yeah, that episode reminded me of why it was just a shit idea.

So...
Spoiler
Rick and co. drive up the the enemy's lair and their brilliant plan was for some reason to shoot in tandem up in the air to reveal themselves, then when Negan saunters out 10 feet away, no one snipes him? I mean Daryl can ping a zombie, or people, with his crossbow with Ninja accuracy to the head from 100 yards. Nothing doing there. Instead they decide to shoot windows for a bit and Negan gets away. I get it: Negan and Rick are the story, but fuck me whoever is green lighting these terrible scripts needs a beating. Nobody questions the logic of the writing? Not a single person? They all must think its great. I suppose this is what happens whenever viewer counts don't dip enough, or they are still raking in the cash from it.
[close]
I'll continue to watch, purely out of curiosity of how bad it can actually get.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4569 on: October 25, 2017, 05:29:52 am »
Oh, this came back? I stopped following a while ago, I see that there is no reason to tune back in ;D It continues being stupid I see.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #4570 on: October 25, 2017, 06:08:15 am »
Spoiler
Genuinely one of the worst episodes I think I can remember, not just the walking dead, in TV. The speeches are laughable and the writing is a joke. Why is Rick so hellbent on being the king of everything. Just fuck off mate. Get in a car, with your kid, maybe a few others and fuck off. Drive off. Live somewhere else. The country has gone to bits, you can live ANYWHERE. But Rick wants to Live 20 minutes up the road from the guy who wants to torture him.

Imagine this. You're on the road, and you get stopped by a nutter and all his mates 20 minutes from where you live. He takes a baseball bat and smashes your best mates head in, so his eyes pop out. You then get to to go. Do you, in that situation A. Stay, and live 20 minutes up the road. or B. Get a car, and fucking drive as fast as you can in the opposite direction. Hmmmm, tough one.

The only argument that this hasn't happend, is that it'd make shit TV. Watching this is no better. Not 1% better.

The scene outside Negans. Do they have unlimited Ammo? Why are they shooting at windows aimlessly ?

The scene with Karl and the Asian guy, why is Rick firing his gun in the open, when there could be walkers or enemies about? 

Negan is stood outside the factory - shoot him. Go on. You've got rifles, you're all there. 1 shot. It's all it'll take. Nope.

Negan is on the floor, by himself. Shoot him. Nope.

I'm actually at the stage now where I'd love it if Rick died. He's a ridiculous character. At first all of his decisions were fueld by keeping his family safe, now it's about his ego. I hope Negan caves his face  in.

[close]

Spoiler

The bolded 3.

They are shooting the glass so it falls down on the people inside, but that can easily be defended against by stepping a few paces back...or they are maybe shooting the glass in case there is a stair well above?

Shoots in the air to scare him away, but yes you are right as a walker then appears.

Yep, one single shot to Negan stood there, or when he is on the floor crawling really slow, but no, Rick cant hit shit whereas you have Daryl going round on a motorbike 1 shotting everything he needs to!

And as for your, just move away....yup!

[close]
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4571 on: October 25, 2017, 10:58:22 am »
People not being arsed spoilering and more importantly no one being arsed and moaning about people not spoilering seems to hint so

How many times now have we seen the Bond Villan discuss the plan in detail rather than just shooting technique over the entire series

It has been shown in the UK so spoiler free is probably fair game. If you get spoilered in this topic after the UK air date, it is pretty well your own stupid fault. When the UK air date lagged more behind the US one, spoilers were more essential. For the UK based of us, don't read this topic on Mondays.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4572 on: October 25, 2017, 11:23:14 am »
They took a polaroid. They are aiming to dismember the Saviours' organisation. They are deliberately causing lots of visible damage, so they can show other bases that they have trashed Negan's HQ. They are succession planning. They don't want a bunch of mini-saviours setting up shop. They are trying to get all of the Saviours bases to join them rather than have to crush them.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4573 on: October 25, 2017, 01:33:51 pm »
That was pretty shit. For a 100th episode that was terrible.

So Negan goes inside his MASSIVE FUCKING FACTORY HOMEBASE and somehow comes out the front again, where his enemies are firing 100s of rounds of ammo at him?

If the show had any sense of humour then Gregory would have been shot in the face, mid-sentence.

The whole Negan thing has been one big:

• Rick's gang get chilled, kill a few Saviors, think they are masters of the universe
  • OH SHIT, we are outnumbered and screwed, so Negan will do a hammy speech and kill/torture some of us
  • Rick wants to kill himself
  • Somehow not dead, maimed or bereaved, Rick fights back but doesn't kill Negan with a clear kill-shot
RINSE with blood. REPEAT
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 01:35:33 pm by lionel_messias »
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4574 on: October 25, 2017, 01:55:15 pm »
The writing is so shite isn't it, the concept of TWD is essentially risk free too, I mean how can you go wrong with a zombie survival tv series? Everyone loves that.

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4575 on: October 25, 2017, 03:53:28 pm »
Oh shoot, forgot about the Emo-goths who want to shag Rick.

They'll come fighting back with their stupid pudding haircuts and sub-Mad Max style zaniness.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4576 on: October 25, 2017, 03:55:26 pm »
Oh shoot, forgot about the Emo-goths who want to shag Rick.

They'll come fighting back with their stupid pudding haircuts and sub-Mad Max style zaniness.

The group that seem to have forgotten the English language in the (relatively) short time frame since the apocalypse?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4577 on: October 25, 2017, 04:13:19 pm »
The group that seem to have forgotten the English language in the (relatively) short time frame since the apocalypse?

Yeah :)

Team Swampy.

And another thing, is it not about time Michonne cut someone's head clean off with that Samurai sword? Preferably a bad guy or gal?

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4578 on: October 25, 2017, 04:49:23 pm »
the gregory part at the end was just fucking ridiculous as well.
cyas

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4579 on: October 25, 2017, 06:55:50 pm »
I'll tell you what, if you want to cringe yourself to death, watch "Talking Dead." Chris Hardwick is a really good guy, always has been, but this thing is like a support group for traumatized dipshits who think the show is a reality series.

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4580 on: October 26, 2017, 08:55:46 am »
I'll tell you what, if you want to cringe yourself to death, watch "Talking Dead." Chris Hardwick is a really good guy, always has been, but this thing is like a support group for traumatized dipshits who think the show is a reality series.

I haven't seen that. My only exposure to Chris Hardwick has been the Nerdist podcast which he hosts. He did brilliant talks with Bryan Cranston and Mark Hamill, that I've enjoyed so far, and Max Brooks (son of Mel, World War Z writer) was surprisingly good as well.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4581 on: October 26, 2017, 11:37:08 am »
Thought it's quite good except for this weeks one as the venue was too big.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4582 on: October 26, 2017, 04:03:21 pm »
Thought it's quite good except for this weeks one as the venue was too big.

I think it just depends how you see the show, mate. If you think it is unmitigated crap, it is going to seem like "Talking Dead" is taking the whole thing too seriously. If you think "The Walking Dead" deserves the kind of devotion you get on there, it's going to seem fine. Like I said, he's a very likeable guy and makes most things palatable, but I'm more in the former group who thinks TWD is kind of shit ... maybe not shit, exactly, but a massive missed opportunity. Maybe it's just not to my tastes, I don't know.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4583 on: October 27, 2017, 12:21:06 am »
Superb opener.

A show that never lets you down nor lets you escape from its vice-like grip. Thank fuck.

Tense as fuck throughout with delicious flashbacks and teases of possible future scenes/dreams sprinkled all over the shop to add to the tension.

Cannot believe the shite posted in here the past few pages.

Am I the only fucker who actually gets it on here?

Think so.

:lickin

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4584 on: October 27, 2017, 09:44:34 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4585 on: October 27, 2017, 12:09:22 pm »
Superb opener.

A show that never lets you down nor lets you escape from its vice-like grip. Thank fuck.

Tense as fuck throughout with delicious flashbacks and teases of possible future scenes/dreams sprinkled all over the shop to add to the tension.

Cannot believe the shite posted in here the past few pages.

Am I the only fucker who actually gets it on here?

Think so.

Nice fishing.

Yeah I think we get it. I've wrapped my addled brain around the concept of two factions of people running away from zombies and failing to shoot each other at point blank range.

I still watch because I want it to be better and I want to see what happens with Negan.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4586 on: October 28, 2017, 12:20:52 am »
Nice fishing.

Not at all Lionel. I love the fucking show. Ever since day one, it's never failed to grab me. And I speak as someone who wouldn't even cross the fucking room to find the remote to watch the usual run of the mill mind numbing zombie crap.

I'm guessing it's all about expectations. I guess mine are low if the bollocks some of you fellas spout about craving something more ambitious plot/character wise carries any validity. From day one I've just never had any yearning for these huge plot/character development expectations from the show which so many on here seem to have. Not for me. If I want great plotting/characterisation I watch other stuff with amazing plotting/characterisation as well documented by many on here. As it is I happen to love the day to day limited dimensional plodding along punctuated by the odd free for all so I'm scarcely ever disappointed in any single show or, more significantly, any season. In fact I love it most when fuck all happens. I actually crave and expect the same restricted formula, the same repeated cycles of boring and/or tense survival and/or confrontation with whoever or whatever happens to chance along. 

Nor am I bothered in the slightest about the trillion plot/character flaws per episode. What the fuck. It's intrinsically flawed by its ridiculous fantasy world subject matter fer fuck's sake. Plot/character consistency would be ridiculous. Nor do I particularly love any of the characters. That said, most of them do the business as far as I'm concerned in one way or another and I do kind of like them as an enitity. I certainly don't have a favourite although I did used to quite fancy ogling Rick's missus early doors it has to be said [and I also loved her less skinny minnie self in Prison Break too]. 

I guess when you boil it down for me it's simply that right from the very start I found myself instinctively captivated by the whole post-apocalyptic survival context, the craving for that post-apocalyptic fellowship ambience and connection, the wonderfully ridiculous plot inconsistencies  :) and simply identifying with how I'd fit in like a fucking glove with all the mundane shite punctuated with the odd skirmish.

Love it to bits so all youse naysayers can all fucking do one for me.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 12:38:59 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #4587 on: October 28, 2017, 10:03:40 am »
Well said Timbo.

Anyone who thinks that things make sense in a world where dead people come back to life is seriously deluded.

I for one can't wait for all these posters that hate it won't be coming back here to post how they watched it again hated it again. You're not making sense.

Now leave us alone and let us Zombie lovers crack on.
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4588 on: October 29, 2017, 12:41:49 am »
Just because the show has outlandish elements to it, it still doesn't excuse it for having even more outlandish and braindead decisions that the shows writers and directors have come up with, which have gradually gotten worse as its went on. They've compounded themselves by placing the characters in forced, ridiculous and often contrived scenarios that falls apart even when scrutinised within the boundaries of its own internal logic.

There are a fair few examples of TV shows that have either fantasy, horror, or sci fi themes to them, but don't nearly contain as many eye rolling moments of whatthefuckery about them like TWD does. This has the running of 16 episodes. I don't know about anyone else, but if we're subjected to more characters gardening, mopping and contemplating their futures in a world thats went to shit, well, then it can fuck off. There needs to be some kind of hook to bring viewers back, and sadly for me, even Greg Nicotero's amazing zombie effects won't be enough. I was one to usually give this show a pass because it had a solid foundation once, but after the last series, it's got to do something drastic to pull me back on board with it.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4589 on: October 29, 2017, 11:31:09 am »
Just because the show has outlandish elements to it, it still doesn't excuse it for having even more outlandish and braindead decisions that the shows writers and directors have come up with, which have gradually gotten worse as its went on. They've compounded themselves by placing the characters in forced, ridiculous and often contrived scenarios that falls apart even when scrutinised within the boundaries of its own internal logic.

There are a fair few examples of TV shows that have either fantasy, horror, or sci fi themes to them, but don't nearly contain as many eye rolling moments of whatthefuckery about them like TWD does. This has the running of 16 episodes. I don't know about anyone else, but if we're subjected to more characters gardening, mopping and contemplating their futures in a world thats went to shit, well, then it can fuck off. There needs to be some kind of hook to bring viewers back, and sadly for me, even Greg Nicotero's amazing zombie effects won't be enough. I was one to usually give this show a pass because it had a solid foundation once, but after the last series, it's got to do something drastic to pull me back on board with it.

It's sad like Mac lad but it sounds like you've simply got a real bad terminal case of the diminishing return blues. It happens. It's a real bitch but unfortunately it's a universal law and there's fuck all you can do about it once it's got you by the goolies. Except, of course, bleat and fucking moan on internet forums or in the ale house.

As for whatthefuckery/contrived ridiculousness - try making any distinction preposterousness-wise between Rick's hospitalisation and miraculous emergence into an already decimated wasteland in episode one and the short-sighted pot shots trying to nail " good/bad old miraculously dodge the fatal bullets" Negan in the most recent episode.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll simply keep donning my suspend disbelief hat and keep savouring the mouthwatering prospect of Monday night's joyous communion in post apocalyptic heaven and hell as a new episode wraps its loving arms around me and my lovely missus, whilst continuing to pray that the passing of our perhaps inevitable Walking Dead sell by date is still a long way into the future.

:)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 11:33:54 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4590 on: October 29, 2017, 12:21:39 pm »
I was fine, nothing more, with the first episode once it got past the bad speeches but I agree with most here, the logic at times in that episode was really really bad so I can only sympathize with those whose enjoyment was wrecked by it. 

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4591 on: October 30, 2017, 01:23:26 am »
I knew if I popped back in here I'd see Timbo defending the show until his dying breath  ;D
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4592 on: October 30, 2017, 01:25:48 am »
Almost a year to the day and the thread's barely changed!

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=261112.msg14983662#msg14983662
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4593 on: October 30, 2017, 02:46:04 pm »
Everything else aside, I love that big kitty.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4594 on: October 30, 2017, 09:03:57 pm »
King Ezekiel carrying this show on his back right now, what a man

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4595 on: October 30, 2017, 11:05:39 pm »
"Protect your King" ;D

Amazing that a character in the earlier episodes of the show has popped up 8 seasons later.

Good episode.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #4596 on: October 31, 2017, 12:25:23 am »
Bad actors all over the world watching King Ezekiel n Rick and thinking ''WE'RE GONNA EAT WELL THIS CHRISTMAS KIDS.PAPPIES GONNA BE A STAR''

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4597 on: October 31, 2017, 06:53:49 am »
Not bad last night. Still I'm not feeling the way the action scenes are being executed. There was something more real about avoiding/killing a pack of zombies than this human on human violence

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4598 on: October 31, 2017, 01:43:15 pm »
Not at all Lionel. I love the fucking show. Ever since day one, it's never failed to grab me. And I speak as someone who wouldn't even cross the fucking room to find the remote to watch the usual run of the mill mind numbing zombie crap.

I'm guessing it's all about expectations. I guess mine are low if the bollocks some of you fellas spout about craving something more ambitious plot/character wise carries any validity. From day one I've just never had any yearning for these huge plot/character development expectations from the show which so many on here seem to have. Not for me. If I want great plotting/characterisation I watch other stuff with amazing plotting/characterisation as well documented by many on here. As it is I happen to love the day to day limited dimensional plodding along punctuated by the odd free for all so I'm scarcely ever disappointed in any single show or, more significantly, any season. In fact I love it most when fuck all happens. I actually crave and expect the same restricted formula, the same repeated cycles of boring and/or tense survival and/or confrontation with whoever or whatever happens to chance along. 

Nor am I bothered in the slightest about the trillion plot/character flaws per episode. What the fuck. It's intrinsically flawed by its ridiculous fantasy world subject matter fer fuck's sake. Plot/character consistency would be ridiculous. Nor do I particularly love any of the characters. That said, most of them do the business as far as I'm concerned in one way or another and I do kind of like them as an enitity. I certainly don't have a favourite although I did used to quite fancy ogling Rick's missus early doors it has to be said [and I also loved her less skinny minnie self in Prison Break too]. 

I guess when you boil it down for me it's simply that right from the very start I found myself instinctively captivated by the whole post-apocalyptic survival context, the craving for that post-apocalyptic fellowship ambience and connection, the wonderfully ridiculous plot inconsistencies  :) and simply identifying with how I'd fit in like a fucking glove with all the mundane shite punctuated with the odd skirmish.

Love it to bits so all youse naysayers can all fucking do one for me.

Fair enough!

And you know what, I'm still watching the goddamn show so there is that!

I hope for an all out WAR between Rick and Negan that is not just one side being amazing, then the other side inexplicably shit etc rinse repeat.

Like to see them both take loses, and go brutally, blood-curdlingly against each other - with some accurate shooting please!

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #4599 on: October 31, 2017, 01:48:54 pm »
You'd think after eight seasons they'd be able to film decent shoot-outs at least.