Author Topic: Claimimg back PPI (Loan Insurance)  (Read 35051 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Claimimg back PPI (Loan Insurance)
« Reply #160 on: November 8, 2017, 10:40:47 pm »
I had an Egg card a while back so interested to see how you all get on! Anyone claimed through Nat West? Had a cr sit card with them til I did a balance transfer to Egg. Again, don’t recall ever having any kind of PPI but probably no harm in asking.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #161 on: November 9, 2017, 10:30:49 am »
Yeah well that's what I always did. What would you say the average time is from the claim to hearing whether you are entitled to anything?

Sorry for not replying sooner mate. The banks have 8 weeks from the date of the claim to have it sorted one way or the other.

Someone asked how far back you can go, I had a payout on a loan from 1998, I didn't have any statements or anything, just contacted Barclays and they confirmed the PPI, they even gave me the account and policy numbers.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 9, 2017, 01:21:28 pm »
Sorry for not replying sooner mate. The banks have 8 weeks from the date of the claim to have it sorted one way or the other.

Someone asked how far back you can go, I had a payout on a loan from 1998, I didn't have any statements or anything, just contacted Barclays and they confirmed the PPI, they even gave me the account and policy numbers.

That's why nobody should use a "PPI claims expert". The banks know full well who they owe money to - its should be the other way around that they contact you.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #163 on: November 9, 2017, 03:17:48 pm »
That's why nobody should use a "PPI claims expert". The banks know full well who they owe money to - its should be the other way around that they contact you.

Defo. These claims companies are the biggest rip off going. I was surprised how easy it was when I first claimed.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2017, 07:33:23 am »
Defo. These claims companies are the biggest rip off going. I was surprised how easy it was when I first claimed.

So how do I get money back from Lombard direct then?
Nah.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2017, 10:27:33 am »
So how do I get money back from Lombard direct then?

RBS sold PPI via Lombard so contact them first

http://personal.rbs.co.uk/personal/support-centre/how-to-complain/ppi-complaints.html
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2017, 10:22:42 am »

No problem, thanks for the reply mate!
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2017, 10:29:25 am »
So I made a PPI enquiry on the Barclay's website last week and I've just a letter through saying they have found 4 accounts in my name that had PPI on them, dating back to 1998. So I guess now I should but a complaint and the letter says their PPI team will investigate but have Barclay's ever contacted anyone and asked them why they think the PPI was mis-sold?

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2017, 12:34:02 pm »
I went through the moneysupermaket site and applied for loads (not knowing if I've ever had anything). I've had store cards and dfs sofas etc but really couldn't say whether ppi was involved. I think because my applications were so vague I won't get anywhere.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2017, 12:34:26 pm »
Got a link for the barclays mate? Ive got a credit card with them i got about 5 years ago.

Offline Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2017, 12:40:35 pm »
Got a link for the barclays mate? Ive got a credit card with them i got about 5 years ago.

https://www.barclays.co.uk/important-information/ppi/

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2017, 12:42:26 pm »
So I made a PPI enquiry on the Barclay's website last week and I've just a letter through saying they have found 4 accounts in my name that had PPI on them, dating back to 1998. So I guess now I should but a complaint and the letter says their PPI team will investigate but have Barclay's ever contacted anyone and asked them why they think the PPI was mis-sold?

Normally when you submit the claim you fill in the reason in the letter. In your case I would just say you were unaware it was on.

I went through the moneysupermaket site and applied for loads (not knowing if I've ever had anything). I've had store cards and dfs sofas etc but really couldn't say whether ppi was involved. I think because my applications were so vague I won't get anywhere.

You'll get letters stating that PPI wasn't taken (if it wasn't). By now, they well know who they owe refunds to.

Offline Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2017, 01:03:53 pm »
Thanks Rob. Just started to make a complaint and yes you're right it asks for the reason. Will have to go with I was unaware it was on excuse, it's nearly 20 years ago so I haven't got a clue if I knew about it or not.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2017, 01:22:47 pm »
The banks have got huge vaults of hundreds and hundreds of millions of pounds set aside for PPI claims, I wouldn't have thought you'd have too much bother just saying you weren't aware.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2017, 03:20:52 pm »
If you got paid by work for sickness/unemployment, you had no need for PPI. That's one of the reasons I always put. Also, you can say you didn't know you had it, but if they have your original credit agreement and you've ticked the box for it, you're on shaky ground there. A lot of them back in the 90's were "opt out" agreements, so that is a big reason for mis-selling. They usually won't have the credit agreement for old accounts.

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2017, 03:54:13 pm »
Just filled out the online Barclays one. Must have had about 20k with them over the years. 3 loans, one of which was 9k, another one for 5k and another for 2 or 3k plus a bank account with a 2k overdraft and a Barclaycard with a £750 limit.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2017, 03:57:27 pm »
co-sign do not use a company to do this.

Offline Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2017, 04:59:40 pm »
If you got paid by work for sickness/unemployment, you had no need for PPI. That's one of the reasons I always put. Also, you can say you didn't know you had it, but if they have your original credit agreement and you've ticked the box for it, you're on shaky ground there. A lot of them back in the 90's were "opt out" agreements, so that is a big reason for mis-selling. They usually won't have the credit agreement for old accounts.

That's one of the questions for the Barclay's complaint, how would I have met the repayments if I was sick or lost my job. Can't remember if my work package offered income protection at the time so would people suggest that I put I did on the form? I don't see how they would be able to prove otherwise.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 14, 2017, 06:15:47 pm »

I knowingly took PPI on my Egg loan of £2500 to take my HGV licences, as I'd had an illness that made me unfit for work for 2 years and the PPI had cleared my cards and loan. However my reason for the mis-selling was I declared my medical history, telling the agent I had been treated for constrictive pericarditis (bet hardly anyone on here knows what that is without googling it - Gulley doesn't count btw) and he put me on hold while he "checked with a supervisior". Within a minute I was cleared for PPI. When I had to fill in the forms for the HGV provisional, I had to wait 3 months after my medical while the DVLA checked all about my previous illness. The reason I gave for mis-selling was there was no way they could clear me for PPI in a minute with no knowledge of what my previous illness was.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2017, 06:16:35 pm »
That's one of the questions for the Barclay's complaint, how would I have met the repayments if I was sick or lost my job. Can't remember if my work package offered income protection at the time so would people suggest that I put I did on the form? I don't see how they would be able to prove otherwise.

I answered that with  I'd get financial assistance from family.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2017, 10:36:38 pm »
Can you write any old shit on the form (when it comes) like this (I'm not saying yours is, but something they could never verify in a million years) as long as it's plausible?

I wouldn't advise it as its then fraud. I genuinely was dying and could prove it if they wanted verification, so I wasn't arsed if they asked for medical records or stuff. On another claim, I just said I had no memory of even being offered PPI and they paid out.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2017, 06:56:36 am »
Cheers mate. It's not so much that I would need to lie, I just wouldn't have even known what PPI was when I was 19, so Christ knows (assuming I did tick it) what I thought I was signing up for.

In all honesty I don't think I stand much of a chance as I had my Egg a long time ago anyway, and apparently very few older claims are settled. Worth a go though.

Thats the line I'd go with, having no idea what it was and it not being fully explained. Hopefully you will get something back.

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2017, 09:54:53 am »
Thats the line I'd go with, having no idea what it was and it not being fully explained. Hopefully you will get something back.

That's the approach I have taken with Barclays. It was a long time ago and I was young and wouldn't have understood what PPI was. One of the things I have stressed aswell is that I remember a woman telling me at Barclays that a loan was more likely to be agreed if I agreed to PPI

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2017, 12:26:31 pm »
That's the approach I have taken with Barclays. It was a long time ago and I was young and wouldn't have understood what PPI was. One of the things I have stressed aswell is that I remember a woman telling me at Barclays that a loan was more likely to be agreed if I agreed to PPI

That's a definite case of mis-selling, I reckon.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2017, 12:28:49 pm »

That's a definite case of mis-selling, I reckon.

Nailed on mis-selling that.

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2017, 03:41:59 pm »
Nailed on mis-selling that.

Fingers crossed. I really hope so!!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2017, 03:44:15 pm »
No PPI with Barclays. Didn't think so as is the most recent CC I've got and still use. They were quick looking into it and letting me know.

Few more being a bit slower.

Offline Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2017, 03:58:48 pm »
Yeah Barclay's were really quick with me. Had a letter from them within 3 working days advising I had PPI on 4 accounts with them dating back to 1998. Have put in my complaint so fingers crossed I got a response back within the next few weeks and hopefully some $$$

Had a reply from Halifax today also. They sent through a questionnaire for me to fill out for a credit card I had with them. Called them to find out the date the card was taken out and ask them if it did have PPI on it which they couldn't confirm. Would like to think it did otherwise they wouldn't have sent the questionnaire to me.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: November 15, 2017, 04:08:12 pm »
Yeah in my friend's case he was contacted by the bank, i thought that was the case with everyone?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2017, 04:39:01 pm »
The way they financial institutions are constantly being taken over, replacing systems and outsourcing work to cheaper locations etc. I'd be amazed if they have complete records and if a claim is lower than what it would cost for the customer to take them to the Ombudsman, I suspect they'll pay out when push comes to shove. Lloyds who I've heard have awful IT systems, doesn't surprise me that they've been hit very hard by this.

Offline red_lfc_costello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: November 20, 2017, 03:13:09 pm »
Been meaning to look into this for a while now. Don't think I have any, but I spent most of my student lift a short time afterwards in my overdraft and I have a credit card. Just filled in one of the things on MSE so we'll see how that goes!

So just over a week later I get a letter from Natwest / RBS. They have gone through my accounts and said that the only thing I had PPI on was my credit card but for some reason that was cancelled a few years ago. Not sure how or why as I didn't do it. Anyone know of banks automatically cancelling PPI?! It did say that the value of the insurance up to that date was around £1,500.

Ive got some forms to fill in and send back so will do that and see where it goes, just found it strange that it gives a date when it was cancelled, but I didn't cancel it as I didn't know I had it!
You appear to hve mistaken 'the funny photo thread' for the 'pointless, pre-pubescent nonsensical not even porn but "look, look, it's a girl" thread'

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2017, 04:26:50 pm »
All but one of mine have come back now (including an Egg one) and no PPI, as expected.

Was fairly sure I hadn't taken it, or noticed it coming out (and fairly up on noticing that sort of thing) so didn't think I'd have anything but given how easy it is to check I thought I would.

Offline Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #193 on: November 23, 2017, 10:36:42 am »
Had a positive result on two Barclays loans from 1998/99 and 700 quid is in the post. Just waiting to hear back from Halifax also.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #194 on: November 23, 2017, 12:08:16 pm »
Sadly the Egg enquiry came back with a blank as they couldn't find any record of me which is annoying.

That's annoying.

I had no info on the account I had with them other than my personal details and the address I was in at the time and they managed to find the account.

Offline Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #195 on: November 23, 2017, 12:32:34 pm »
Sadly the Egg enquiry came back with a blank as they couldn't find any record of me which is annoying.

Was the card still open when Egg was transferred to Barclays? If not you could try here.

https://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/complaints-egg.do

Offline Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #196 on: November 25, 2017, 11:25:41 am »
Had a response back from Citibank this morning confirming I had PPI on an old Egg Loan so it's definitely worth an enquiry with them.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: November 25, 2017, 06:22:32 pm »
Didn't think i'd be able to claim on my old credit card, but tried it with Money Saving Expert's tool and hey presto, one phone call and this morning suddenly £6200 paid into my bank account!
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2017, 03:13:02 pm »
Didn't think i'd be able to claim on my old credit card, but tried it with Money Saving Expert's tool and hey presto, one phone call and this morning suddenly £6200 paid into my bank account!

Nice one!

Offline red_lfc_costello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2017, 03:14:43 pm »

Nice! What bank was that with!?
You appear to hve mistaken 'the funny photo thread' for the 'pointless, pre-pubescent nonsensical not even porn but "look, look, it's a girl" thread'