Author Topic: The Concerts and Festivals Thread!  (Read 119212 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Concerts and Festivals Thread!
« Reply #520 on: February 7, 2018, 10:08:05 am »
Managed to see The War On Drugs last night in Sydney. The 'Lost in the Dream' tour back in 2014 was superb but this was on another level. All the songs off 'A Deeper Understanding' sound even richer in the flesh.

Still, highlight for most once again was 'Red Eyes'. Cracker of a tune.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #521 on: February 9, 2018, 09:21:47 am »
Just bagged some nice seats for Paul Simon in Manchester on July 10th. Allegedly this is his last tour, although there may be one offs after these last few UK shows.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #522 on: February 13, 2018, 05:08:54 pm »
The Reading line up... wtf  :puke2

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline ChrisOH

• Main Stander
« Reply #523 on: February 13, 2018, 05:21:34 pm »
It hasn't been investing any money on the line up for years now. Embarrassing compared to European festivals. Looking back at the line up's from the naughties makes for a depressing sight.
Ye wha la.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #524 on: February 13, 2018, 05:28:39 pm »
It hasn't been investing any money on the line up for years now. Embarrassing compared to European festivals. Looking back at the line up's from the naughties makes for a depressing sight.

It hasnt gone down well on Twitter people taking the piss and putting past line up from the past proving the point you said.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: February 13, 2018, 05:52:11 pm »
Worst festival going anyway ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: February 13, 2018, 06:25:35 pm »
Shit line up. Crowd been changing slowly over the last few years.Will be chav city this year with that shite
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: February 13, 2018, 06:28:24 pm »

bollocks

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: February 13, 2018, 06:55:22 pm »
Off to Rewind festival this year. Gonna get bladdered!!!
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: February 14, 2018, 04:17:07 pm »
Wow, that Leeds Festival line up is terrible, went every year from 2002 up til 2014. Not even sure who there aiming at getting to buy tickets anymore.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: February 23, 2018, 09:28:04 pm »
Went to see The National in the Sydney Opera House forecourt on Thursday night. Fantastic band live and the new album translated well. I love how they finish a show with an acoustic rendition of Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks with the microphones turned around to the crowd singing.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #531 on: February 23, 2018, 10:23:33 pm »
Went to see The National in the Sydney Opera House forecourt on Thursday night. Fantastic band live and the new album translated well. I love how they finish a show with an acoustic rendition of Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks with the microphones turned around to the crowd singing.
Ridiculously jealous.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: February 23, 2018, 11:07:44 pm »
Ridiculously jealous.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bff2vsgHOiI/?taken-by=iandabean

Matt and the lads had a decent view of us from the stage.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: March 6, 2018, 05:07:58 pm »
Charging for LIMF now.

Fuck off.

The park should be free. What was a nice day out ruined now as it's going to be £20 a head for me and family and we can't take drinks in. I was never that arsed about seeing all the big acts anyway apart from the odd good one they'd get in.

Fuck off.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #534 on: March 6, 2018, 10:48:19 pm »
Just ordered my Stereophonics tickets at Dublin's 3Arena March 16th, nice way to start off Paddys Weekend!!
Y.N.W.A.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #535 on: March 6, 2018, 11:57:34 pm »
Went to see Beck last Wednesday in Melbourne, what a show.

I had lost touch with his music years back, probably Sea Change and Midnight Vultures were the last one's I listened to much. Odelay is still a big favourite. So, despite only knowing one in every three songs he played it was still a fantastic gig.

He's a proper showman is Beck.
We are Liverpool!

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: March 7, 2018, 10:10:44 am »
Charging for LIMF now.

Fuck off.

The park should be free. What was a nice day out ruined now as it's going to be £20 a head for me and family and we can't take drinks in. I was never that arsed about seeing all the big acts anyway apart from the odd good one they'd get in.

Fuck off.
Yes was talking about the charging in the pub with some mates, wont be going again. This is how the Food festival went as that was free initially, gets popular then introduce charges, wouldn't mind but loads of the publicity was "Europes biggest free music festival.." or some bollocks, greedy twats.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: March 7, 2018, 10:35:29 am »
Yes was talking about the charging in the pub with some mates, wont be going again. This is how the Food festival went as that was free initially, gets popular then introduce charges, wouldn't mind but loads of the publicity was "Europes biggest free music festival.." or some bollocks, greedy twats.

No pass out as well - you pay, you stay. so no nipping to the Lane for a break, or Tesco for food/booze.

It's fucking annoying. The park is public, I hate it when they fence bits off to make money for some corporate bastards.

The Food festival, like you say, haven't been since they started charging - I wouldn't mind if you actually got some free food with the entry price, but you don't, so fuck them. I don't want to pay to get in somewhere to pay for slightly inferior-to-the-restaurant versions of food...nah.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: March 7, 2018, 04:55:25 pm »
Smithdown festival has been OK, I have been going since it first started and its getting bigger, 5th-7th May.
www.smithdownfestival.com/

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: March 7, 2018, 05:40:35 pm »
Smithdown festival has been OK, I have been going since it first started and its getting bigger, 5th-7th May.
www.smithdownfestival.com/

Yeah it's good, played there before. Nice vibe. Better bands every year as well, keeps improving.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #540 on: March 17, 2018, 01:05:02 pm »
Just ordered my Stereophonics tickets at Dublin's 3Arena March 16th, nice way to start off Paddys Weekend!!

What a great night that was, 2 hours and 15 minutes on stage :thumbup
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #541 on: March 22, 2018, 09:47:34 pm »
Hoping to get Rolling Stones tickets in the morning for there Croke Park Gig.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: June 16, 2018, 04:53:13 pm »
Would love to see Massive Attack @ Eden Sessions. Very jealous.

Tonight's the night

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: June 17, 2018, 01:45:22 am »
Saw the national in Dublin tonight. My tenth time seeing them - first was nearly 16 years ago! Some mad stories over the years too.

First time seeing rostam and he was magnificent.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: June 17, 2018, 02:07:52 am »
Massive Attack were fucking brilliant, a gathering of some proper old mates and a belly full of drink and interesting narcotics, fucking lovely.

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #545 on: June 21, 2018, 01:17:57 pm »
Foo Fighters tomorrow night in London at West hams ground. Went to Guns n Roses there last year and as long as close enough the acoustics were ok. Good venue with plenty of bars etc and looking forward to Foo Fighters again!

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #546 on: June 26, 2018, 02:51:32 pm »
Anyone traveled over to Zagreb for the InMusic Festival these days? 

Started yesterday and headliners were David Byrne, The Kills and Queens Of The Stone Age. It was great. 

Can't wait for Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds tonight.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 02:53:03 pm by firing squad »
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #547 on: July 3, 2018, 07:48:53 pm »
Foo Fighters tomorrow night in London at West hams ground. Went to Guns n Roses there last year and as long as close enough the acoustics were ok. Good venue with plenty of bars etc and looking forward to Foo Fighters again!

They were amazing in the Etihad a few days before, hope the london gig was good too ?

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #548 on: July 4, 2018, 12:19:59 am »
Just back from the Eels at Manc Academy. Funny night. Part way through and half the crowd is watching the penalty shoot out on phones. Culminates in loud cheers of course and the mood turns celebratory. Cue the lead singer saying, I’ll have to remember to play that song again! (Tongue in cheek as he knew exactly what was going on).

Great gig btw

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: July 17, 2018, 12:04:20 pm »
No pass out as well - you pay, you stay. so no nipping to the Lane for a break, or Tesco for food/booze.

It's fucking annoying. The park is public, I hate it when they fence bits off to make money for some corporate bastards.

The Food festival, like you say, haven't been since they started charging - I wouldn't mind if you actually got some free food with the entry price, but you don't, so fuck them. I don't want to pay to get in somewhere to pay for slightly inferior-to-the-restaurant versions of food...nah.

Can understand the kick off regarding the £5 fence-off for LIMF to a certain extent. However to say they are making money is incorrect. They will make loss just like every other year. It is a shame as the old format was wonderful and the cynic would say that this is a fiver for a fence to up to be charged fiver a pint.

However, I can understand why some controls need to go in place. Back in the Mathew St festival days it turned into a pissed up kid convention and I know there were some issues with this last year at LIMF.

It was fun while it lasted but ultimately a victim of its own success and there was likely a fair bit of pressure to ticket it.

Offline IrishSu

• percalifragilisticexpialidocious. I am WOman, Hear me RAWK!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Like an Irish Stew, just not as lumpy
« Reply #550 on: August 18, 2018, 11:14:57 am »
Hi guys, I have a 2 day Bronze camping ticket for Creamfields up for grabs. Had 2 but managed to shift one. Can't travel due to unforeseen circumstances It's for next Sat/Sun.  If anyone genuinely wants to go to the concert let me know. Can post it on Monday. Shame to leave it go to waste.  :)
JFT96 YNWA

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: October 15, 2018, 02:01:21 am »
Caught Nils Frahm @ The Sydney Opera House last night. Have a whole new level of appreciation of his talent after seeing him move from keyboard to synthesizer to grand piano. Also, managed to come across as very humorous in his breakdown of what he's doing and performing.

Played for over 2 hours and literally had everyone in awe for the whole time. Main concert hall of the Opera House felt like the perfect place.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: November 21, 2018, 04:10:20 am »
Finally got to see David Byrne after following him for 30+ years. The American Utopia set-up rivals the 'Stop Making Sense' concerts from the mid-80's.

Phenomenal musician and showman who's surprisingly spritely in his constant dance moves for a 66 year old. First time I've been to a gig where no instruments were fixed to the stage. The whole band carried them and moved fluidly over the whole area.

Can't wait for it to be issued on DVD.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: January 8, 2019, 10:10:38 pm »
Managed to see Conversations with Nick Cave @ The Sydney Opera House last night. Just him and a piano and and open mike Q&A on any questions from the crowd. Totally, unfiltered including the death of his son, his heroin addiction to what music he listens to.

Managed to squeeze in a few tunes which were at the request of the audience. With the exception of one question by some drop-kick about what he feels about the likes of the Louis C.K. the whole night was enlightening. A well spent 2.5hours.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: February 22, 2019, 09:28:05 am »
Booked tickets to go to Mad Cool in Madrid in July. Line up is good with The Cure, Iggy Pop and a few others playing over the 3 days. Anyone been before?

Staying in a hotel in Madrid and will travel to the site each day. 8 of us going so should be good. I've done Benicassim and that was class so I'm hoping for more of the same

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #555 on: February 27, 2019, 07:18:40 pm »
Going to see Muse in June

And not quite a concert but still a live event, I'm going to see Eric Prydz and Carl Cox in may

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: February 27, 2019, 10:57:46 pm »
Booked NOS Alive tickets this week. Pumpkins, Cure, Robyn, Chems, Thom Yorke, Cut Copy, Sharon Van Etten and Vampire Weekend, in the Portuguese sun. Should be pretty good.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 11:00:37 pm by Sheer Magnetism »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: February 28, 2019, 08:57:03 am »
Booked NOS Alive tickets this week. Pumpkins, Cure, Robyn, Chems, Thom Yorke, Cut Copy, Sharon Van Etten and Vampire Weekend, in the Portuguese sun. Should be pretty good.

Thats a superb line-up. Hope there's not too many clashes with set times.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: February 28, 2019, 10:27:22 pm »
Off to Rewind festival this year. Gonna get bladdered!!!

Did that myself too ;D

Going again this year too.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:28:54 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: February 28, 2019, 10:32:28 pm »
Going to see Thee Oh Sees in May for two evenings in row. Pretty much the only band alive I want to see ripping it up live.