Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1045579 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #13640 on: October 3, 2017, 01:01:31 pm »
Question. Can anyone tell me what post Barry is replying to?

Someone started a thread (since deleted) on how much they'd get selling a washing machine.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #13641 on: October 3, 2017, 02:36:27 pm »
 :thumbup Thank you both
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13642 on: October 3, 2017, 02:51:42 pm »
I see Barney is right in there when it comes to the subject of white goods.

Did you send them a PM asking if it needs moving?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13643 on: October 3, 2017, 03:09:23 pm »
I see Barney is right in there when it comes to the subject of white goods.

Did you send them a PM asking if it needs moving?

My services are always available  :wave
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13644 on: October 7, 2017, 04:20:41 pm »
Slightly chipped my front tooth and looking at getting it mended. Anyone dentists/people in dentistry who'd know whether I'd be paying band 2 or band 3? (filling or crown basically) Cheers
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13645 on: October 17, 2017, 10:27:55 am »
Where is the best place in Liverpool or surrounding area to get things like safety boots and work pants in small sizes? By small sizes I mean petite woman or junior small. I’ve got limited time so don’t want to take a punt with online orders, I would prefer to try stuff on to make certain it fits. I’ve been pointed in the direction of the likes of Screwfix and Toolstation already but is there anywhere else I could visit?

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #13646 on: October 18, 2017, 07:56:47 pm »
Where is the best place in Liverpool or surrounding area to get things like safety boots and work pants in small sizes? By small sizes I mean petite woman or junior small. I’ve got limited time so don’t want to take a punt with online orders, I would prefer to try stuff on to make certain it fits. I’ve been pointed in the direction of the likes of Screwfix and Toolstation already but is there anywhere else I could visit?

Arco in Warrington are ok, Industrial Clothing in George St, St Helens are decent. Used both in the past
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #13647 on: October 27, 2017, 08:45:19 am »
Anyone here good with phone/computer stuff? Basically my phone is really old, like IPhone 4 or something I think? I dunno but its a good few years old and not up to anywhere of the new standard of smartphones.

Anyway a couple of weeks ago I was at a family wedding and recorded the speeches on my phone just in case nobody else did. Lo and behold nobody else did, and while the quality isn't great it is still audible and clear and obviously something people want to watch as they were fantastic. Now I can't send the video (its 17 minutes long) by Imessage or via email because the file is too long. The phone is too old to support the latest version of WhatsApp so I cant send on there. I am trying to upload it to the computer to send by email that way perhaps but I cannot find a way to upload it, only my music files are showing up on iTunes when I connect the USB to the phone. I obviously don't want to do anything stupid and delete the video as it is the only video of the speeches so I'm treading carefully here.

Long story short, is there a way to get this video to send to someone via the phone, and/or am I being stupid in not knowing how to upload it to my laptop to then forward on that way? I'm fucking clueless with this stuff.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13648 on: October 27, 2017, 08:47:14 am »
Install Dropbox/OneDrive/Google Drive on the phone? You can then sync it back to your PC, or share it directly from Dropbox/OneDrive/Google Drive.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #13649 on: October 27, 2017, 08:52:29 am »
Install Dropbox/OneDrive/Google Drive on the phone? You can then sync it back to your PC, or share it directly from Dropbox/OneDrive/Google Drive.

The phone needs to be updated to IOS 9 to support those apps. This phone wont update anything above 7.1 or something  ;D

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13650 on: October 27, 2017, 08:57:12 am »
The phone needs to be updated to IOS 9 to support those apps. This phone wont update anything above 7.1 or something  ;D

Has your laptop got Bluetooth? Can transfer files via that.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #13651 on: October 27, 2017, 09:09:42 am »
Has your laptop got Bluetooth? Can transfer files via that.

Will try my luck with that, although up to now this phone isn't picking up the Bluetooth signal from the laptop, although the laptop can pick up the phone signal. Fucking nightmare this :D

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #13652 on: October 27, 2017, 09:35:39 am »
Have you tried connecting it to a Windows PC with a USB cable and just looking in Windows Explorer?

You could use something like WeTransfer.com directly from the phone. Just open the page in the browser and upload the files. Bonus is that you can email the link to the other guests without reuploading.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13653 on: October 27, 2017, 03:07:09 pm »
Does anyone know what Barca's Rawk is?

Genuine question. I want to read their thoughts on today's developments from their perspective, from life in general to everything else.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13654 on: October 27, 2017, 05:03:56 pm »

Genuine question. I want to read their thoughts on today's developments from their perspective, from life in general to everything else.

And pyramids?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #13655 on: October 27, 2017, 05:24:28 pm »
And pyramids?
Leave Andy alone; he's a sound giza.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13656 on: October 27, 2017, 09:59:56 pm »
And pyramids?

Hahaha pyramids is so last month. All about the bearded friend of TAW now.  ;D

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13657 on: October 28, 2017, 01:24:26 pm »
Bit of local knowledge required :

Having driven through both the Wallasey & Birkenhead tunnels, why isn't the Birkenhead one built straight?

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #13658 on: October 28, 2017, 03:56:31 pm »

Do you speak català?
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13659 on: October 30, 2017, 11:49:06 pm »
Maybe not the best place to ask this but ill ask anyway.

I've recently separated from my wife, i have received a letter from her solicitor regarding a matrimonial agreement. Basically, cutting a long story very short, the house we lived in was in her name only with no mortgage. I have since bought an apartment in my name only with a mortgage and also am named on the deeds of my parents house. I lived in that house with her for 13 years, I dont want any equity etc etc from this house. What i am potentially worried about is that she will have transferred the deeds to her parents name, therefore not owning anything and coming after my equity in the apartment and my parents house.

I have spoken to a solicitor but i didnt think to ask this question and they did not cover it. They just explained to me how a matrimonial agreement works and the process of it.

Anyone able to shed any light on whether she could have went down this route and where that would leave me?

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13660 on: October 31, 2017, 06:31:41 am »
Bit of local knowledge required :

Having driven through both the Wallasey & Birkenhead tunnels, why isn't the Birkenhead one built straight?

Think it'll be something to do with rock when building. The older tunnel bends probably on that basis, clay would have been easier to get through. Could be wrong.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13661 on: October 31, 2017, 11:15:42 pm »
Maybe not the best place to ask this but ill ask anyway.

I've recently separated from my wife, i have received a letter from her solicitor regarding a matrimonial agreement. Basically, cutting a long story very short, the house we lived in was in her name only with no mortgage. I have since bought an apartment in my name only with a mortgage and also am named on the deeds of my parents house. I lived in that house with her for 13 years, I dont want any equity etc etc from this house. What i am potentially worried about is that she will have transferred the deeds to her parents name, therefore not owning anything and coming after my equity in the apartment and my parents house.

I have spoken to a solicitor but i didnt think to ask this question and they did not cover it. They just explained to me how a matrimonial agreement works and the process of it.

Anyone able to shed any light on whether she could have went down this route and where that would leave me?

Do you have proof that you lived in her house and made a contribution to the house when there?  ie council tax, utility bills etc?

When did you come to be on the deeds of parents house? Was it left to you in a will for example? The crux on this is your relationship with ex-mrs when you got parents house.

Which house did u live in for 13 years? Her house with no mortgage or your parents house, its not clear.
When did she transfer the deeds?

Im currently going through a divorce, quite amicable at the moment, however I may have asked my solicitors similar questions.  PM me if u want mate.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13662 on: November 1, 2017, 11:05:35 am »
I have a visa for the States from last year, how do i amend the address for a trip later this month?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13663 on: November 1, 2017, 11:16:23 am »
Why not just get an ESTA rather than the faff of amending a previous Visa?
Thats what i meant i had sorry.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #13664 on: November 1, 2017, 11:20:22 am »
Thats what i meant i had sorry.
Do you mean amend the address you entered when you first applied for the ESTA?

You shouldn't have to. As long as your ESTA is valid you can visit different places.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13665 on: November 1, 2017, 11:22:16 am »
Think it'll be something to do with rock when building. The older tunnel bends probably on that basis, clay would have been easier to get through. Could be wrong.

Tah just wondered as it seems strange. But that would make sense

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13666 on: November 1, 2017, 06:14:54 pm »
Do you mean amend the address you entered when you first applied for the ESTA?

You shouldn't have to. As long as your ESTA is valid you can visit different places.

Yup. If it's still valid, just crack on. Obviously make sure you write that address on your immigration card though, just for avoidance of hassle.

I know it's a bit of a daunting place to think about visiting at the moment, but having been myself since Trump's Circus came to town, it didn't feel any different from when I went in the Bush Era and the Obama era (that being said, I'm a caucasian male with no criminal record, so I'm least likely to face any hassle I guess).
Thanks. Wouldn't i need to update my new location of stay in the states? My mrs has to put her home address as our new place so i will need to amend mine really.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13667 on: November 1, 2017, 10:36:33 pm »
Whats the website to check if a website is safe to buy something from?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13668 on: November 1, 2017, 11:07:02 pm »
Google the site name and the word scam. It usually works.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13669 on: November 2, 2017, 08:07:58 am »
Whats the website to check if a website is safe to buy something from?

Trustpilot

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13670 on: November 2, 2017, 08:41:23 am »
Thanks. Wouldn't i need to update my new location of stay in the states? My mrs has to put her home address as our new place so i will need to amend mine really.
No, you don't need to amend the ESTA, just put the address of the place you are staying on the first night of your arrival on the Immigration Landing card you get on the plane.
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13671 on: November 2, 2017, 11:02:45 am »
Just do a new one buddy. They come through in a couple of working days.

No, you don't need to amend the ESTA, just put the address of the place you are staying on the first night of your arrival on the Immigration Landing card you get on the plane.
Thanks both.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13672 on: November 2, 2017, 09:09:53 pm »
Bit of a weird one this but it's kinda freaked me out a bit so need help on whether to forget it or investigate further.

So at work today our receptionist came to me asking was my old name Ashcroft as someone was asking to speak to me on the phone.  There was nobody on the line when I took it but they phoned back virtually straight away. 

This guy full of himself started going on about a meeting I'd had with his colleague on 25th October about reducing my business rates on my commercial property.  When I replied I'd no idea what he was talking about he hung up but I asked Chloe to 1471 the number to look into it.

That name he used was my previous married name that I've not been known as since my divorce in 1991 and I've never owned commercial property although I have had my own business in my maiden name which I sold in 2002 (the business not my maiden name [emoji16])

I've googled the phone number and the company is legit but still dodgy in that the money charged for business rates reduction is exorbitant and the appeals are rarely successful and with plenty of nuisance calls from that number reported.

Here comes the really weird bit though, nobody, not even my hubby has my works phone number, except I had to give it to my bank this morning. 

Is this just a coincidence or is it possible that my bank has passed on my personal info?  but even if they have how the hell has this company attached that number to a name I haven't used in over 25yrs?  and wtf was the shite about a meeting I'd had??

Proper doing my head in now!  The more I think about it the more it's annoyed me [emoji48]

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13673 on: November 3, 2017, 03:52:02 pm »
How do I locate and replace the boost contact valve in an insignia? Thanks.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13674 on: November 3, 2017, 04:14:06 pm »
How do I locate and replace the boost contact valve in an insignia? Thanks.

Is this what you mean? http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/index.php?threads/boost-control-valve.469568/

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13675 on: November 5, 2017, 09:31:55 am »
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13676 on: November 7, 2017, 09:36:35 pm »
snip
meh appears too complicated [emoji852] looks like mechanic money. Cheers anyway rawk.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2017, 09:41:33 pm by tray fenny »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13677 on: November 9, 2017, 02:52:04 pm »
If someone is Self Employed, what is the earliest date they can submit a tax return? Is it just 6th April?

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13678 on: November 9, 2017, 07:23:05 pm »
If someone is Self Employed, what is the earliest date they can submit a tax return? Is it just 6th April?

Yes. You can’t submit earlier than the end of the relevant year.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13679 on: November 10, 2017, 01:53:49 pm »
In this YouTube video, James Corden starts singing a song at 5:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCQ7OHSKfFk

What is it? I recognise it, but he's altered the lyrics. It's eating me up!