Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5737085 times)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Re: General Arsenal Thread
« Reply #46160 on: August 19, 2017, 09:50:40 pm »
All their fans talking about how they urgently need to bring some players in all the while AW says in the post-match PC they've got 33 players and need to sell before they can think about buying. Lulz.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #46161 on: August 19, 2017, 10:08:11 pm »
All their fans talking about how they urgently need to bring some players in all the while AW says in the post-match PC they've got 33 players and need to sell before they can think about buying. Lulz.
precursor for sanchez  going to bayern or city then?
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46162 on: August 19, 2017, 10:27:25 pm »
Sign some fackin players says Claude
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #46163 on: August 19, 2017, 10:30:34 pm »
They played well and were unfortunate not to come away with something from that game...a couple of clear penalty shouts denied and Lacazette's goal should've stood <insert Lucas behind the curtain gif> - can see him bagging plenty this season though when fully settled..clearly has an eye for a goal.....will be the usual season for Arsenal, ie discontent from the blud/fam brigade culminating in a sturdy finish to the season, a possible cup and possible top 4
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #46164 on: August 20, 2017, 12:17:22 am »
It's going to get ugly at the Gooners earlier than usual I reckon.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #46165 on: August 20, 2017, 02:14:29 am »
Sign some fackin players says Claude

SPEND SOME FACKING MONEY! SPEND SOME FACKING MONEY!

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46166 on: August 20, 2017, 02:23:33 am »
They played well and were unfortunate not to come away with something from that game...a couple of clear penalty shouts denied and Lacazette's goal should've stood <insert Lucas behind the curtain gif> - can see him bagging plenty this season though when fully settled..clearly has an eye for a goal.....will be the usual season for Arsenal, ie discontent from the blud/fam brigade culminating in a sturdy finish to the season, a possible cup and possible top 4
The goal was just off side.

Online whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46167 on: August 20, 2017, 02:45:01 am »
Ars prob need VVD

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #46168 on: August 20, 2017, 08:53:26 am »
When is Alexis back?

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #46169 on: August 20, 2017, 09:06:06 am »
When is Alexis back?

Against us. Of course.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46170 on: August 20, 2017, 09:09:30 am »
Against us. Of course.

Hopefully he'll be gone by then.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46171 on: August 20, 2017, 09:13:29 am »
Is there any defender for whom playing 3 at the back is absolutely fundamental? I ask because at the moment all those who played yesterday seemed uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 09:37:50 am by Red Bird »

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #46172 on: August 20, 2017, 09:20:59 am »
The goal was just off side.
Correct, there's a picture in Guardian showing that he was marginally off. Of course it means Arsenal was unlucky while an offside goal against us last week was simply brushed off under the carpet. 😀
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #46173 on: August 20, 2017, 09:52:09 am »
Correct, there's a picture in Guardian showing that he was marginally off.

nah...there's no way that should have been flagged.....unless the linesman is one of the Fantastic Four and has X-ray Fly-vision, he couldn't have seen that tiny freeze frame dependent infraction....in normal play he's level and level means he's onside....and lets have it straight, if that had been us, and it was Mane, or Salah who's equalizer gets chalked off we'd have been going fuckin nuts...and quite rightly so
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46174 on: August 20, 2017, 10:08:56 am »
nah...there's no way that should have been flagged.....unless the linesman is one of the Fantastic Four and has X-ray Fly-vision, he couldn't have seen that tiny freeze frame dependent infraction....in normal play he's level and level means he's onside....and lets have it straight, if that had been us, and it was Mane, or Salah who's equalizer gets chalked off we'd have been going fuckin nuts...and quite rightly so
'
Yeah but it was offside wasn't it.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46175 on: August 20, 2017, 10:12:20 am »
Yeah but it was offside and linesman made the correct decision.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #46176 on: August 20, 2017, 10:25:05 am »

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #46177 on: August 20, 2017, 10:27:41 am »
Well,  he flagged it and it was a correct decision. And no, if it were us, if it were a correct decision,  would not be mad., would applaud the ref, but would whinge at players for not being able to score. 😂
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #46178 on: August 20, 2017, 11:26:09 am »
'
Yeah but it was offside wasn't it.

No.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46179 on: August 20, 2017, 11:38:42 am »

No.

He's offside mate. Inch or a mile. Offside is offside. Zoom in.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46180 on: August 20, 2017, 11:39:34 am »
Priceless Arsenal moaning about decisions after the blatant handball in the  build up to their 3rd goal against Leicester. Swings and roundabouts.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #46181 on: August 20, 2017, 11:44:44 am »
He's offside mate. Inch or a mile. Offside is offside. Zoom in.

Zoomed in. As Gerrard pointed out, the Stoke player's shoulder is playing him on. Should have stood, if not what's the point of the attacker gets the benefit rule? ....just hope we dont get the same officials when we're down there.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #46182 on: August 20, 2017, 11:47:57 am »
The fact that it's hard to tell even when you're looking at a still image kind of suggests to me it should have stood. But it's funnier that it didn't.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46183 on: August 20, 2017, 12:10:16 pm »
Are people actually serious saying that he wasn't offside? Look at the pic above, Lacazettes right foot is clearly closer to the goal than ANY part of the defenders body, including his shoulder.

And this is looking at it from an angle that massively favours the defender - if the linesman was in line with them then it would have been even more clearly offside. Correct decision, stop moaning.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:12:35 pm by Xabi Gerrard »

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46184 on: August 20, 2017, 12:21:51 pm »
Should have stood, if not what's the point of the attacker gets the benefit rule? ...

::) I see Andy Gray's punditry wisdom is still lingering. There is no such thing as the attacker gets the benefit of doubt in the Offside Law.

Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46185 on: August 20, 2017, 12:36:43 pm »
Seems some of you lot are more bothered about the offside than I am, it was offside, it was marginal, and whether the linesman called it through luck or judgement or doesn't really matter now.

There were a couple of good shouts for pens, but this doesn't mean a great deal when the side gave Shawcross a chance to make it 2-0 with a free header in the box.

Fundamentally the side has no balance.  Playing a right back at left back, an attacking midfielder at right back and two left backs at CB makes it a generally accident-prone team - Xhaka and Ramsey are crying out for a Kante like figure behind them, but even his industry doesn't hide the defensive balance issue.  Ozil and Lacazette were playing well, creating best they could and an absolute forest of runs - there just wasn't enough invention, with the side content to pass it around until losing possession. 

New names, but seems some things appear to be staying the same at Arsenal this season.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46186 on: August 20, 2017, 12:44:42 pm »
So many decent players at Arsenal, but not enough really good ones. There's a tendency to keep players at the club for way too long too, Joel Campbell is still an Arsenal player for fuck sake  ;D Walcott, Wilshere, Perez, Campbell, Welbeck, Coquelin, Jenkinson, Gibbs and Debuchy should all have been sold to fund 2 or 3 gamechangers.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46187 on: August 20, 2017, 12:53:04 pm »
Clearly offside lol

People now complaining linesman got a close decision correct . Seriously smh

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46188 on: August 20, 2017, 01:28:46 pm »
Okazaki was miles off for Leciester in the first game and it still counted(no one ever mentioned it after the game because a handball 2 minutes before we scored was more relevant), the linesman couldnt wait to put his flag up yesterday, like the referee decided to not see at least one penalty.
I thought we were unlucky yesterday, last season we lost a lot of games where we didnt turn up, yesterday wasnt the case, in the end if we had Sanchez instead of Welbeck we would have won easily, which is why keeping him is crucial.
That was a great finish by lacazette, and onside, I thought in those cases the benefit goes to the attacker.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46189 on: August 20, 2017, 01:42:40 pm »
Okazaki was miles off for Leciester in the first game and it still counted(no one ever mentioned it after the game because a handball 2 minutes before we scored was more relevant), the linesman couldnt wait to put his flag up yesterday, like the referee decided to not see at least one penalty.

Bloody hell mate you sound more paranoid than us with the whole world being against you!!

That was a great finish by lacazette, and onside, I thought in those cases the benefit goes to the attacker.

I don't think its ever been the case that the benefit goes to the attacker when the attacker is clearly offside.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #46190 on: August 20, 2017, 01:49:39 pm »
Zoomed in. As Gerrard pointed out, the Stoke player's shoulder is playing him on. Should have stood, if not what's the point of the attacker gets the benefit rule? ....just hope we dont get the same officials when we're down there.

Are people actually serious saying that he wasn't offside? Look at the pic above, Lacazettes right foot is clearly closer to the goal than ANY part of the defenders body, including his shoulder...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #46191 on: August 20, 2017, 02:31:04 pm »
I gotta be honest, 'offsides' like these do my head in. It's like a kop out for shit defending .

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #46192 on: August 20, 2017, 02:31:56 pm »
Don't worry it will all even out over the season

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #46193 on: August 20, 2017, 02:48:01 pm »
I gotta be honest, 'offsides' like these do my head in. It's like a kop out for shit defending .

But it's offside?

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46194 on: August 20, 2017, 04:06:25 pm »
They garner no sympathy from me, remember a few years back when we were chasing them for top 4, were playing poorly and got a few jammy last minutes wins. Think there were a couple of penalties that weren't and an offside winner.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #46195 on: August 20, 2017, 06:47:20 pm »
Last week when liverpool got a lousy decision the media response was "Syill bad defending". This week all they can do is moan about the ref.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #46196 on: August 20, 2017, 08:30:24 pm »

What do you mean?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46197 on: August 20, 2017, 08:55:03 pm »
Haha what a nonsensical chat. It can only take a biased fan to not see that's offside. Every point lost to the likes of Stoke is crucial, so lets have more of that please.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #46198 on: August 21, 2017, 04:43:17 pm »
‘If all goes well through the week, he should be available to be selected for the next game."

- Arsene Wenger on Alexis Sanchez

Of course just back in time to play against us.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46199 on: August 21, 2017, 05:20:57 pm »
Is there any defender for whom playing 3 at the back is absolutely fundamental? I ask because at the moment all those who played yesterday seemed uncomfortable.

In fairness, two of them are leftbacks. Monreal can do a decent job there but usually he does that alongside actual centrebacks

Excellent work linesman for offside call, frustrated with the ref not giving us at least one penalty though. We didn't play too badly in midfield but it was our third and final third were we had trouble, overall was sort of performance where we weren't quite at it so we needed to keep it tight and get a goal but we conceded and didn't do enough going forward. Wenger's bizarre "one centreback at a time" (I assume Metersacker wasn't fit to start but Chambers and Holding couldn't be used?) and "we have two left-wing backs so let's play a right-footed player there instead" policy really didn't help, our back three struggled against Stoke counterattacks and they had a few good chances, for goal Xhaka gave ball away and lost his head by charging after it rather then dropping off.

Going forward, we had some nice dinked balls behind so the impressive Butland had to come out to deal with it which he did well or Stoke brought down our player with the ref forgetting the rules. Didn't feel our wingbacks really took the game to Stoke and provide crosses in so we kept going through the centre. When we did have the rare chances we missed them and when momentum was on our side, Wenger's use of the bench seemed to rob us of momentum.