Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1519971 times)

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #8040 on: October 10, 2017, 06:39:45 pm »

they are still trying to get the xmas eve game sorted, the prem league need to be told to fuck right off.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8041 on: October 10, 2017, 07:59:26 pm »
Bastards!! You just know that will be us or another long distance one so people don't get home until late. :no

Should be a local match only if they MUST show a Xmas Eve game but hoping they decide against it. Would be good PR....though I still hate them! :butt
We are a team of one half.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #8042 on: October 10, 2017, 08:28:09 pm »
Bastards!! You just know that will be us or another long distance one so people don't get home until late. :no

Should be a local match only if they MUST show a Xmas Eve game but hoping they decide against it. Would be good PR....though I still hate them! :butt

Actually a local match is a good sensible suggestion.

So that's not going gto happen is it?

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8043 on: October 18, 2017, 04:44:05 am »
This popped up on my twitter feed yesterday -

Ap Singh Deol‏ @ApDeol8  8h8 hours ago
Never experienced this, not even in Moscow, not even after 8 years of following the reds in Europe . Our own fans start kicking me,

Any of the traveling fans know what happened?

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #8044 on: October 18, 2017, 05:12:21 am »
This popped up on my twitter feed yesterday -

Ap Singh Deol‏ @ApDeol8  8h8 hours ago
Never experienced this, not even in Moscow, not even after 8 years of following the reds in Europe . Our own fans start kicking me,

Any of the traveling fans know what happened?

Saw it on Twitter as well, lad doesn't go into specifics. Looks like the club's already involved.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8045 on: October 18, 2017, 07:16:59 am »
Saw it on Twitter as well, lad doesn't go into specifics. Looks like the club's already involved.

Yeah. Unfortunately, on the face of it, sounds like the last thing I would expect from Liverpool fans, that too those going for away games.

Harinder Singh‏ @Harinder1977  9h9 hours ago
Replying to @markbrucerevell @PeterMooreLFC @TonyBarrett
It’s about idiots who just cannot accept diversity by sounds of things. Saddening

Harinder Singh‏ @Harinder1977  8h8 hours ago
Replying to @bullyred @ApDeol8
Just glad you’re both ok. No-one deserves to be singled out at a match because of someone’s warped belief of what we should look like

But good job by Peter Moore to get involved almost immediately.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8046 on: October 18, 2017, 07:18:53 am »
Ffs, that's shocking.  A small minority of shit houses follow us away unfortunately. c*nts.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8047 on: October 18, 2017, 07:27:23 am »
Ffs, that's shocking.  A small minority of shit houses follow us away unfortunately. c*nts.

True. But in my experiences they come out of the woodwork for aways in and around London. Never seen anything like this in European always...that I can recall.

Worst i’ve seen were aways in the League Cup at Reading a few years back and Chelsea away (though that’s enough to bring the worst out in me even.)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:30:11 am by Gus 1855 »
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #8048 on: October 18, 2017, 12:15:09 pm »
Hope they find the scum and kick them out of the club! No place for that!

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8049 on: October 18, 2017, 12:20:14 pm »
Sickening stuff. Good to see that the club got straight on the case but it's a symtomatic of the sad sad world that we live in.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8050 on: October 18, 2017, 12:20:24 pm »
We do have a few c*nts that follow us unfortunately. Met a few in a boozer near Anfield a few months back - just a bunch of weird fat brexiteer lads from down south who seemed to think they were a firm.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #8051 on: October 18, 2017, 12:27:46 pm »
Horrible stuff, glad the lad is physically ok and not hurt. I can't believe our fans did this to someone who looked different than what they believe a football fan should look like,, let alone to a fellow red.  :no

Good on the club for responding quickly.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8052 on: October 18, 2017, 01:06:13 pm »
As others have said good on the club getting involved and not only that someone with some real clout to get it sorted all being well

Glad the fella is safe and well. Let’s hope they find the culprits and bin them off from the club.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8053 on: October 19, 2017, 12:23:37 am »
Doesn't have to be about race.  I'm white and I've been on the receiving end of grief from other white fans in our away end more than once.  I've seen things kick off between others several times at aways, but never seen it happen over a racial issue, but I daresay things are different in Slovenia.  Common denominator is always the presence of a few bellends in our end and the absence of any decent stewarding/policing.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #8054 on: October 19, 2017, 09:43:56 am »
Doesn't have to be about race.  I'm white and I've been on the receiving end of grief from other white fans in our away end more than once.  I've seen things kick off between others several times at aways, but never seen it happen over a racial issue, but I daresay things are different in Slovenia.  Common denominator is always the presence of a few bellends in our end and the absence of any decent stewarding/policing.
How so?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8055 on: October 19, 2017, 01:41:50 pm »
Arsenal v Liverpool will not be moved to Christmas Eve after fan backlash
• Match is switched by Sky to the evening of Friday 22 December instead

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/19/arsenal-liverpool-christmas-eve-sky
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Toshack_Keegan_One_Nil

• Anny Roader
  • Sometimes I fantasise...
« Reply #8056 on: October 19, 2017, 01:54:48 pm »
Not sure when you are talking about but we haven't played later than Dec 23rd since 1992. Personally I would ban games on Xmas Eve and NYE due to all the problems it causes, as SoS list above, but given we played on NYE last year....

In fact 1966 was the last time we played on Christmas Eve.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8057 on: October 19, 2017, 02:05:19 pm »

And that was the first time I ever saw a Liverpool team play live. I still have the programme and ticket. The ticket was 15 shillings (seventy-five pence)!

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #8058 on: October 19, 2017, 02:14:55 pm »

Was that Chelsea? Missed the coach after the game. Mate's dad sorted out the train from Euston for three of us. Got home about 3 am Christmas morning. Two points so Merry Xmas😄

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8059 on: October 19, 2017, 02:17:17 pm »
Was that Chelsea? Missed the coach after the game. Mate's dad sorted out the train from Euston for three of us. Got home about 3 am Christmas morning. Two points so Merry Xmas😄

Yes, it was Chelsea away. And we also played them at Anfield on Boxing Day. And won both matches 2-1.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8060 on: October 19, 2017, 03:10:18 pm »
Yes, it was Chelsea away. And we also played them at Anfield on Boxing Day. And won both matches 2-1.
Did your rickets trouble you?
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #8061 on: October 19, 2017, 07:24:04 pm »
And that was the first time I ever saw a Liverpool team play live. I still have the programme and ticket. The ticket was 15 shillings (seventy-five pence)!
What was the street food like back then

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8062 on: October 23, 2017, 01:36:35 pm »
Not the best yesterday. The ground doesn't help. The performance didn't help. Arguments amongst ourselves in the ground doesn't help.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8063 on: October 23, 2017, 04:19:20 pm »
There was zero atmosphere on the concourse too pre match
So big isn't it..everyone so spread out
+6 ticket exchange

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #8064 on: October 23, 2017, 04:26:42 pm »
Complete waste of money and time yesterday.

Everything about it was shite.

Fighting among our own fans again.......

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #8065 on: October 23, 2017, 04:32:39 pm »
Complete waste of money and time yesterday.

Everything about it was shite.

Fighting among our own fans again.......

Vocal or actual scraps?
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8066 on: October 23, 2017, 04:45:39 pm »
I didn't see any. We just said it was more like Arsenal, whereas at WHL you used to get a bit of atmosphere. Full of daytrippers taking selfies at "Wemberlee" and outside. There was even a bloke a couple f rows in front of us filming it on a camcorder with a boom mic attached!!! wtf?!

But, I agree the performance and shape of our bit didn't help. Hope the new WHL is better - I know we are in a corner and that they have made it quite upright so that should help. I saw it part-built in August and it did look high and steep so hopefully. But then next season we will get loads of daytrippers/corporates/sponsors etc wanting selfies at the new ground and contributing nothing....   :-\
We are a team of one half.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8067 on: October 23, 2017, 05:03:15 pm »
Couple of young really trendy looking Brazilian lads stood in front of me.  They were conversing with an Irish guy and I caught the gist of the convo. They were mates of either Bobby or Phil.

They looked as pissed off as the rest of us tbf.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8068 on: October 23, 2017, 07:11:33 pm »
Some absolute embarrassments around yesterday. One guy started taking photos at 2-0 down, a group of people came back from the concourse with about 20 hot dogs 20 minutes into the game, hundreds streaming out in the 70th minute and not much noise at all.

Online wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #8069 on: October 23, 2017, 08:23:30 pm »
shocking away support yesterday. didnt help conceding in first few mins but would expect a lot better playing a top 4 rival, hopefully a 530 Saturday kick off at West Ham will help even though its another crap ground

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8070 on: October 24, 2017, 11:08:34 am »
Looking forward to West Ham away...sort of...need to find a decent away pub for a bit of a sing song

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8071 on: October 24, 2017, 01:01:44 pm »
Looking forward to West Ham away...sort of...need to find a decent away pub for a bit of a sing song

It was good in the lower last year, although obviously the sunshine and the performance helped. It did feel a bit cut off from the upper though.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline epsomred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • half man half biscan. OOT and proud of it.
« Reply #8072 on: October 24, 2017, 04:59:28 pm »
Went last year, saw a few pissed up middle aged WHFC fans outside the ground embarrassing themselves trying to goad total strangers into fighting with them just because they support a different club to us. Similar provocation inside the ground. It felt like going back in time to the 1980s. Needless to say no takers from our side. Lots of people openly laughing at them mind.   
Believe in yourselves and we can do this.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #8073 on: October 29, 2017, 12:04:00 pm »
Went last year, saw a few pissed up middle aged WHFC fans outside the ground embarrassing themselves trying to goad total strangers into fighting with them just because they support a different club to us. Similar provocation inside the ground. It felt like going back in time to the 1980s. Needless to say no takers from our side. Lots of people openly laughing at them mind.   

Football Factory/Green Street nerd copycats. London clubs are snooing with them.

Offline epsomred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • half man half biscan. OOT and proud of it.
« Reply #8074 on: October 29, 2017, 09:53:17 pm »
The London stadium is a bit odd though Big bowl, not much atmosphere and you are a llong way from the pitch. The old Upton Park was much better. Proper old school atmosphere.
Believe in yourselves and we can do this.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #8075 on: November 4, 2017, 08:06:29 pm »
Excellent away today. Only thing that spoiled it was the young lads starting YNWA all over the shop. Sounded dreadful.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #8076 on: November 4, 2017, 08:08:15 pm »
The London stadium is a bit odd though Big bowl, not much atmosphere and you are a llong way from the pitch. The old Upton Park was much better. Proper old school atmosphere.

We were in the lower tier at the front. Went off after every goal.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8077 on: November 4, 2017, 08:22:08 pm »
I thought it was dreadful until we got the 4th. I was lower tier on the divide by the corner flag. It felt like a flat, mid-table end of season match for 75 mins.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #8078 on: November 4, 2017, 08:26:39 pm »
Excellent away today. Only thing that spoiled it was the young lads starting YNWA all over the shop. Sounded dreadful.

Thought it was quiet until the goal

And yes, it’s a problem with acoustics, hard for the whole end to sing in time together

Will hopefully be a problem for championship away fans next season
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8079 on: November 4, 2017, 08:44:26 pm »
Missed today, sounded a dead atmosphere throughout, seemed like the mikes were turned down.   Could hear our fans in a muffled TV sort of way but nothing from the home fans.
We are Loyal Supporters