Author Topic: How are you coping with not going  (Read 16839 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
How are you coping with not going
« on: September 20, 2020, 11:04:41 am »
Last night and today have hit me bad. Should of been in London last night on the piss and should of been waking up this morning, hungover and now *checks watch* back on it.

Miss the train journey, the landing at Euston(not as edgy as the good old days), the regular tube fiasco, the hustle and the bustle, having a grin, the tube up to the match and banter with their lot, all of it.

Think the aways are going to be the toughest to miss.

So, how are you coping?.... or are you not arsed?

Threw this in here as most in here go.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: How are you coping with not going
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 11:08:23 am »
Pretty much what you have said mate.

It’s not been too bad, in that I have met up with the lads I go the match with to watch the games on the telly last season, and also the Leeds game.

The supporters club on Lower Breck is open for a limited capacity, so that will be another little bit of normality back that we get.

I’m just dying to get back in the ground here. Saved a fortune mind.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 11:13:06 am »
Yep, meet up with my mates as well, but its just not the same.

It was sort of ok the back end of last season, but now a new season has started, am not taking it well.

Can't believe I wont be going to an away till next season at least and if they do open up the homes for a limited few, where is the fun in going - if say 80% of your mates are not pulled out the hat for that game.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 11:15:51 am »
One other - you just do not get the feel for the game. Yes you get more detail on a replay etc, but I get no feel for the game and you don't see the play developing as you would do, when there.

*titty lip*

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 11:24:37 am »
Going the game, especially the aways is about so much more than the game.

Some euro aways, the game was completely incidental, sometimes getting in the way of a good session with your mates. I have woken up the day after a euro away and had to ask what the score was.

Finding it hard watching it on the telly. I miss the mad celebrations.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 11:28:31 am »
We're saying the same, the social aspect of it, probably as big a loss, if not more, than actually being at the match. The Euro aways were/are, just brilliant mini-adventures. People get addicted to this.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 11:46:54 am »
We would always go on an all dayer for 1st home game of the season, so felt worse last week than this.

I think the fact that were all in it together, or not in it together more accurately, helps soften the blow. Really them to come up with a vaccine so we can be in the ground at maximuin capacity towards the business end of the season.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 11:48:50 am by Kenny's Jacket »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 12:08:31 pm »
It's the little things at times like I've been excited about Thiago and Jota and then realised I won't be there to see their debut. Not being able to give them a big welcome and bad for them as well - must feel a bit odd.

I feel for those players in their peak, having moments taken away from them. Thiago is what, 30 and signed for 4 or 5 years whatever it is. That could be up to the end of his career, and 1/4 of it might not be seen by anyone and not getting to be roared on by us to experience some of what he might have signed up for. That's sad. Peaks for players are very short.

Same not being able to welcome the champions last week - imagine the roar it would have been.

I miss elements, but I'd stopped enjoying it at times last year so I'm enjoying the break overall.

I miss the opportunity for european travel though. That I do miss. I miss researching 'things to do in Belgrade'.

Someone just said all being in it together helps. Yes you're right. Massively.

I'll look back in 10 years and realise how cruel and unfortunate it was to wait 30 years and not see us lift the trophy. I hope to see it again to make up for it. I don't think I've fully processed missing that moment yet. That trophy parade delay also seems like one to write off. Moment has gone.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 12:19:46 pm »
We're saying the same, the social aspect of it, probably as big a loss, if not more, than actually being at the match. The Euro aways were/are, just brilliant mini-adventures. People get addicted to this.
Definitely this, it's going to be horrible this season.

I watch us on TV and am like, God is this how some people actually support us the whole time? :o It's bad enough for a short time, I can't imagine never going to a game.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 12:21:23 pm »
It's the little things at times like I've been excited about Thiago and Jota and then realised I won't be there to see their debut. Not being able to give them a big welcome and bad for them as well - must feel a bit odd.

I feel for those players in their peak, having moments taken away from them. Thiago is what, 30 and signed for 4 or 5 years whatever it is. That could be up to the end of his career, and 1/4 of it might not be seen by anyone and not getting to be roared on by us to experience some of what he might have signed up for. That's sad. Peaks for players are very short.

Same not being able to welcome the champions last week - imagine the roar it would have been.

I miss elements, but I'd stopped enjoying it at times last year so I'm enjoying the break overall.

I miss the opportunity for european travel though. That I do miss. I miss researching 'things to do in Belgrade'.

I'll look back in 10 years and realise how cruel and unfortunate it was to wait 30 years and not see us lift the trophy. I hope to see it again to make up for it. I don't think I've fully processed missing that moment yet. That trophy parade delay also seems like one to write off. Moment has gone.
I was just going to write a few thoughts but you've pretty much said what I was thinking! :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 01:56:02 pm »

That was me all one post ago  ;D

Yes COVID certainly took away what would have been great memories and unless we win it again this year and were allowed to fill Anfield I will never get over that.

Dont get to all that many aways due to ticketing and probably wouldn't  have gone today, usually watching on telly is fine for me, but in an empty stadium its a bit shit.

C'mon Oxford Uni you clever c*nts, get that Vaccine sorted. 

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2020, 03:04:33 pm »
Pretty much what you have said mate.

It’s not been too bad, in that I have met up with the lads I go the match with to watch the games on the telly last season, and also the Leeds game.

The supporters club on Lower Breck is open for a limited capacity, so that will be another little bit of normality back that we get.

I’m just dying to get back in the ground here. Saved a fortune mind.

When did it reopen mate again. I live in Norris green and I go by there every day for work and I normally go in there before every home game. I never saw it open before the Leeds game though.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2020, 09:06:31 pm »
The one thing for me that has made it bearable, is that we wasn’t playing when we won the title. Had all the family around me when we took the trophy and my 3 year old niece went ballistic when Keita scored against Chelsea at Anfield.

I miss the camaraderie, seeing your mates being excited for the match, washing the nerves away with a few scoops beforehand. The let off when we score, bouncing the off the ceiling after a big win.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2020, 10:39:04 pm »
It’s a struggle but the fact no one can go is the only comfort for me. It’s the whole buzz of a match day, waking up early, the anticipation of what might happen and meeting your mates and talking football for hours on end. The escapism from normal mundane every day life and the sheer emotion of when we score is unrivalled - whereas can you hug the person next to you or fall down three rows and it to feel acceptable.

Dribs and drabs attendance is better than nothing but it’ll never compare to full capacity.

"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2020, 12:13:10 am »
The three main things I do for enjoyment football, concerts and travel are all essentially gone but I guess I'm at peace with it really for the greater good. Still can meet up with people to watch on TV or whatever, not quite the same but it is what it is.

I think it'd definitely be a bit crap when fans start going and some regulars inevitably miss out. Also crap that this is probably our best team of all time and we'll miss a significant portion of it potentially.

What I think we all need to take solace in is at *some point* full crowds should hopefully be let back in safely FOR ALL. When that moment comes, I can guarantee it'll be one of the best matchgoing moments we'll experience. Just general relief, happiness and gratitude that all fans, young, old, vulnerable or not, can enjoy the match like we once used to. We'll take it a lot less for granted.

Also, David earlier mentioned the title parade will be a write off. I think realistically any such parade won't happen any time soon. But fingers crossed we can merge it with other trophy parades. If not, it'll still be a mental weekend in Liverpool. We've definitely been robbed of that moment and i can imagine we've all dreamt of how crazy it'd have been, but I would argue we'll be even more grateful at whenever the next parade will happen - it'll be the biggest and best ever.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 12:16:22 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Online SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2020, 03:16:25 am »
In three short words: not very well.

Had a tough few years with one thing and another, and going the game was my escape from all that.

So to have it taken away, and with no end in sight, is just getting harder and harder as the weeks go by. Missing last week was really tough to take, Anfield would have been absolutely bouncing for that.

And as David has already said above, none of us being able to be there to see us finally lift that trophy... so cruel. Niggles at me almost daily.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2020, 01:01:38 pm »
Horrible. Depressing, really miss the away games and European aways.

Can't see there being a trophy parade now either and to be honest what would be the point now the season has started, would feel weird and the moment's gone for me

Online VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2020, 02:22:12 pm »
Agree with the trophy parade being pretty much a write off. Would probably have been looking at crowds of up to a million people, when is that likely to ever be justified? Certainly not before this season ends.

We need to win it again and get that moment back.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2020, 04:37:12 pm »
Not great to be honest, yesterday really hurt as it would of been a great away. I'm ready to go back now and I bet a lot of others are aswell. Sooner the better imo hopefully they get the ball rolling soon.

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 06:04:48 pm »
Miss everything about it if I’m honest.

I think the not knowing when we will get back in makes it worst.
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2020, 02:14:03 pm »
It might sound daft but one of my current biggest worries right now is having certain players leave at the end of this season that I might not get to see play again. We already didn't get to say goodbye to Lallana and Lovren alongside celebrating our league title, and the thought of some other players leaving without me seeing them again live is killing me a bit. :(

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2020, 03:51:23 pm »
Missing it like mad, like a alcoholic being told they can't drink or a smoker who can't smoke any more.

I've even said I'd accept not winning anything this year, if we could just go to the game like we used to.

Everything about match day, the mates, the pub, the game. So hard to take and like someone mentioned, the not knowing when we may all be back makes it worse.

And that's without what we missed out on the end of last season.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2020, 03:54:55 pm »
I can't remember if it was open for the Leeds game - but was open for Chelsea before. Went to May Duncan's for the Leeds game. Fuck knows how that's gonna do the table service!

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2020, 04:28:18 pm »
Might be a full year if not more before we get back in at this point. Absolutely killing me to be honest.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2020, 11:17:52 am »
This new 6 month rule makes it even harder to stomach

Any small hope of getting near a match gone for at least 6 months.

Horrible

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2020, 11:55:43 am »
I don’t go every week only about half the home prem games and all the cups but I’m missing the buzz of waiting for the tickets to be released..not having a hope of going until probably next season at the earliest is sad.

There’s not many better highs than going the game, especially missing the European ones will be most difficult. Last season my only concern was getting a kop seat in the ACS

Don’t enjoy footy half as much if I’m not at the ground.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2020, 02:02:18 pm »
To answer the title of the thread - what are you guys doing instead?

I'm mainly just watching Netflix, signed up to a few random free online courses and I've taken workouts a lot more seriously.

Think football like a whole host of things is a great release for peoples' mental wellbeing. Think it's worth us all seeing if we can fill that void as best as we can (ideally without just smashing 10 pints a day ;D)

Check in with your match pals too.
YNWA.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2020, 03:36:13 pm »
Missing the Euro aways , missing trains , sleeping in bushes , shagging random Spanish birds , planning mad routes , foreign ale etc...
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2020, 05:13:12 pm »
To answer the title of the thread - what are you guys doing instead?

I'm mainly just watching Netflix, signed up to a few random free online courses and I've taken workouts a lot more seriously.

Think football like a whole host of things is a great release for peoples' mental wellbeing. Think it's worth us all seeing if we can fill that void as best as we can (ideally without just smashing 10 pints a day ;D)

Check in with your match pals too.

I’ve been the gym 60 days on the bounce, doubt I went that many times in that whole of 2019. Watched a shed loads of box sets before the football came back behind closed doors. Watched 9 games over the weekend and the one before. Spending lots of time running around after my niece & nephew and doing shopping for my folks.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2020, 06:14:09 pm »
I don't do the aways, but I'm putting the inability to attend every home game in the back of my mind. I've made much of it all a don't wander there subject. The thought of us not being there to celebrate, have a parade or sing champions of England agonises. And we're unlikely to have the latter two either.

So I've mustered a tremendous happiness from us finally winning it and I'll find a positive from not going to Anfield in the pending cold winter months, but its frigging weird isn't it.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2020, 10:28:50 am »
Missing it badly.

What I would do for the chance to hit refresh on the ticket screen every minute of every ticket office opening hour now! Something I never thought I'd wish for :lmao

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2020, 10:44:53 am »
Missing it badly.

What I would do for the chance to hit refresh on the ticket screen every minute of every ticket office opening hour now! Something I never thought I'd wish for :lmao

Just quoting this for when you're moaning about it in a year's time ;D

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2020, 10:47:41 am »
Missing the aways and jumping on random ppl after we score etc. But I also realise for a lot of people survival is a more important than football atm.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2020, 05:37:20 pm »
Miss it like mad, but I'm trying to make the best of it. I made peace with last season in some way, but I think only because it was the only choice. Always thought there'd be a parade at some point... but I think that's gone now. We'll have to wait for the next one, but in some ways I hope the next one is next season because I don't think we get back in the ground this season either. I hate that idea. But then I hate the idea that someone passes away because they caught coronavirus at the match more.

The other day John C texted that Thiago song and as soon as I saw it I was just fucking desperate to be back in the ground singing it. It's the little things that brings it all back.

And also I'll be fucking livid if I don't get to enjoy a full couple of seasons of Thiago at his best. Chops is right - you don't get the feel for it the same from watching on the telly and Thiago will be an absolute joy to watch every week. The sort of player that you appreciate all the more when you can see the whole pitch.

Also also never been to Elland Road and reckon that's off the cards too.

Fuck's sake.

Take care all.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2020, 07:10:26 pm »
Hate it and the announcement on Tuesday gutted me, when it was mentioned about the 13k restriction i was living off the thought of getting 1 game in 3 or 4 but now that is done I’m devoed , I miss the whole routine of going game with the lads i go with, hate watching on tele and Sky’s shite coverage
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2020, 05:35:39 pm »
Just quoting this for when you're moaning about it in a year's time ;D

Haha, I will be as well!

Online Craig67

• Main Stander
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2020, 09:50:54 am »
It's just rubbish.

Only get to about ten home league games, plus domestic cups including away depending on allocation. But really miss having something specific to look forward to. 

Completely understand 'why', but it's still rubbish.

EDIT: when I say rubbish - not that the decision is rubbish, it just leaves me feeling rubbish.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 10:30:57 am by Craig67 »

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2020, 05:44:31 pm »
Did a train ride out to Buxton v Whitby today, was nice just to be back in a football ground with a pint.

Listening to Damian Kavanagh on TAW this week talking about the Gary Mac song and how it builds it just made me so sad that I haven't been able to sing it in a pub for months and won't for more months. It's the little cadences of the football day you realise you miss tremendously.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2020, 04:25:53 pm »
Missing out on the remaining games last season felt awful, first title in 30 years and I can only dream what the scenes would have been like in Liverpool at the last few home games and celebrations afterwards.

For this season I'm really going to miss the European nights at Anfield more than anything. 

Miss the crowds at the games, the banter and the days out, but I keep reminding myself that our health is more important.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2020, 09:36:00 am »
How good would last night have been?
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly