Author Topic: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC - pointless speculation in here please...  (Read 174835 times)

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
Re: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #720 on: June 3, 2015, 11:33:40 pm »
Is that the case with the majority of fans?
Wouldn`t say majority of fans Killer, no, we all know there`s different characters and groups of fans.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #721 on: June 3, 2015, 11:34:20 pm »
Is that the case with the majority of fans?
No just the ones who posted abuse towards Rodgers in here for weeks ! A vocal minority I would call it
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #722 on: June 3, 2015, 11:40:43 pm »
See the way I look at it last season is history and we all start with a clean slate fans, team, manager, owners! Certainly be a lot healthier if everyone did this instead of regurgitating the past all the time!

Thing is Geoff I think most reasonable Reds can get on and look to the future maybe with some trepidation but many cant forget the 6-1 drubbing by Stoke, the capitulation to Palace at home where the scoreline could have been worse than the Stoke match, Villa etc..... ... you get the point.
So it will take a bit of time and positive results from Rodgers to heal the damage that many real he is responsible for to our great club.

We know you blind faith so I will save you the effort, don't bother replying.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #723 on: June 3, 2015, 11:41:45 pm »
That's fair enough mate, discussion should be had. Problem with that is, a fair number of fans don`t want discussion, they just want their negative views to be heard, not for the reason of debate, but to say "Told you so".

It looks like some of these fans just can`t wait for Rodgers to fail, can`t accept him any more. You just know, at the first hint of a problem, the knives will be out and the abuse will start.

It`s nailed on mate.

We're going to have to be able to discuss these issues without getting into acrimony though. The reality of the situation is the games post United at home have left most supporters pretty dazed, and even the most positive and optimistic folk can see how potentially treacherous and toxic the first few months of next season can be. All sorts of questions arise from this.

Of course a few great signings can change the mood overnight, stuff can change, but as long as people aren't abusive or personal about Brendan we have to give people the space to express their thoughts even if there is dread or trepidation in it. At least for a while.

As I said before, loyalty to our manager is the ideal at LFC, but it can mean questioning some things get stifled. Even if you wanted him to stay, nobody has a desire to see Liverpool experience infinite seasons like the one we just had.

I also said that Liverpool is the impossible job in many ways. What worries me is the impossible job just got harder for Brendan.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: June 3, 2015, 11:46:45 pm »
Oh behave

I generally do. You're stating a lot of opinions with not much to actually progress with. No-one states you shouldnt but genuinely there are opinions and then some absolute bollocks that gets spewed left right and centre from all corners

Is there anything you can actually do to effect the change you perceive to become realities? It's a serious question for anyone really. I can't and I know I can't as I'm not one in the sphere of influence that can effect a change of any sorts. I've made my sentiments clear too

Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: June 3, 2015, 11:50:07 pm »
We're going to have to be able to discuss these issues without getting into acrimony though. The reality of the situation is the games post United at home have left most supporters pretty dazed, and even the most positive and optimistic folk can see how potentially treacherous and toxic the first few months of next season can be. All sorts of questions arise from this.

Of course a few great signings can change the mood overnight, stuff can change, but as long as people aren't abusive or personal about Brendan we have to give people the space to express their thoughts even if there is dread or trepidation in it. At least for a while.

As I said before, loyalty to our manager is the ideal at LFC, but it can mean questioning some things get stifled. Even if you wanted him to stay, nobody has a desire to see Liverpool experience infinite seasons like the one we just had.

I also said that Liverpool is the impossible job in many ways. What worries me is the impossible job just got harder for Brendan.
Your right there, Stussy, it`s a bit of catch 22 in many ways for many of us to talk about what`s gone on. Some fans will be waiting In the wings, waiting to pounce on any mistake/ problem next season, other fans know this and are ready to pounce on anyone who question`s or show negativity.

I believe the manager/club/players should always be questioned about their performance but at the same time don`t want to give ammunition to people who can`t accept Rodgers and are willing him to fail.

This has been going on for years mate and will probably never change.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: June 3, 2015, 11:50:40 pm »
Thing is Geoff I think most reasonable Reds can get on and look to the future maybe with some trepidation but many cant forget the 6-1 drubbing by Stoke, the capitulation to Palace at home where the scoreline could have been worse than the Stoke match, Villa etc..... ... you get the point.
So it will take a bit of time and positive results from Rodgers to heal the damage that many real he is responsible for to our great club.

We know you blind faith so I will save you the effort, don't bother replying.

Blind Faith was a cracking super group probably before your time though, ! You could reply you might learn something!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: June 3, 2015, 11:54:27 pm »
Who if anyone is willing Rodgers to fail? I've seen this said a few times in recent weeks but have yet to see any Liverpool fan willing us to fail.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2015, 11:58:29 pm by RK7 »

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #728 on: June 3, 2015, 11:55:53 pm »
Walshy isn't hoping we fuck up. He's concerened about where we're heading.

Damn right. I don't want Rodgers to fail.

What I wanted was some ambition from the club but we haven't got it so we have to plough on.

What I want from Rodgers now is to get back to the football of last year, dump this lone striker and crappy formation he loves and get us working like he's proved he can. My worry is that it's not his philosophy to play that way, it was simply a means to an end. That's why we are after that donkey Benteke.

Why can't we have a couple of creative mobile strikers like last season? It's because Rodgers doesn't want them.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2015, 11:58:49 pm by Gumbo »
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #729 on: June 3, 2015, 11:56:12 pm »
Oh and cheers stussy
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: June 3, 2015, 11:57:23 pm »

Blind Faith was a cracking super group probably before your time though, ! You could reply you might learn something!

Not from blind faith mate I'm more of a Cure and Jesus and Mary Chain Fan.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: June 3, 2015, 11:58:53 pm »
Not from blind faith mate I'm more of a Cure and Jesus and Mary Chain Fan.

Jesus? How long have you been around?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: June 3, 2015, 11:59:44 pm »
Jesus? How long have you been around?

Erm longer than you!

Offline robygerrard

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #733 on: June 4, 2015, 12:02:22 am »
And who is the white knight who is going to ride in and save the club from these pesky Americans?
That remains to be seen but if their strategy is to maximise the value of the club & sell it on for a big fat profit then good luck to them. Surely the best way of doing that is by investing in the team & a name manager (if Rodgers goes tits up, which I hope he doesn't)  & the aim has got to be consistent Champions league qualification. We can take the piss out of Wenger & Arsenal but in these times that's what really matters whether we like or not.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: June 4, 2015, 12:06:16 am »
Damn right. I don't want Rodgers to fail.

What I wanted was some ambition from the club but we haven't got it so we have to plough on.

What I want from Rodgers now is to get back to the football of last year, dump this lone striker and crappy formation he loves and get us working like he's proved he can. My worry is that it's not his philosophy to play that way, it was simply a means to an end. That's why we are after that donkey Benteke.

Why can't we have a couple of creative mobile strikers like last season? It's because Rodgers doesn't want them.
I agree mate, I want to see a return to the free-flowing technical 433 of the 2nd season. I think he is going for his original Swansalona model. As we haven't really seen it in his three year's with us, it is hard to tell what it will be like. But like you I prefer us targeting Suarez-lite players and try to recreate some of the best football I have seen by any side in recent times.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: June 4, 2015, 12:06:19 am »
Who if anyone is willing Rodgers to fail? I've seen this said a few times in recent weeks but have yet to see any Liverpool fan willing us to fail.
You think people would come out and openly say "I don`t accept Rodgers anymore and want him to fail"?

Don`t be so naïve mate. The after match threads tell a story. When we win, there`s a handful of pages, when lose? It`s a fucking phone book.

You can see it in people`s postings, there straight away when there`s a problem/fuck up/issue, not quite so quick to give praise. Not all of these posters who post during negative times want Rodgers to fail, obviously, but there will be a number within that group who will want to see him fall.

It`s human nature, different types of characters.

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #736 on: June 4, 2015, 12:18:28 am »
You think people would come out and openly say "I don`t accept Rodgers anymore and want him to fail"?

Don`t be so naïve mate. The after match threads tell a story. When we win, there`s a handful of pages, when lose? It`s a fucking phone book.

You can see it in people`s postings, there straight away when there`s a problem/fuck up/issue, not quite so quick to give praise. Not all of these posters who post during negative times want Rodgers to fail, obviously, but there will be a number within that group who will want to see him fall.

You really think we have supporters that want Rodgers (and therefore, by definition, Liverpool FC) to fail?

Just makes no sense.

You're essentially saying we have supporters that want us to be shit.

I don't see how that can possibly be true, unless they really haven't grasped the concept of football and the notion that winning is somewhat more enjoyable than losing.

People jump on his back after we get embarrassed by the likes of Stoke? Yes.
People enjoy jumping on his back, and enjoy the fact we lost because it means they get to indulge a vendetta against a bloke that coaches a football team? No
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: June 4, 2015, 12:24:07 am »

It is human nature to want to post when the team is not doing well. Try and dissect where we were going wrong. What can you say after winning 5-0? played brilliant end of. Most of the time I'm getting pissed happy with the result etc and just do something else. Personally I feel people are going a tad overboard with this type of thing. You can only take what is written on forum posts at face value. We have no way of knowing what posters ulterior motives are, its pure conjecture.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: June 4, 2015, 12:29:07 am »
Predominantly owners for allowing us to begin the season with an injury prone striker, two strikers that manager never wanted and a striker bought for the bench. They have to learn from it and they have to change their transfer policy a bit and be far more aggressive when it comes to signing difference makers which more often than not happen to be forwards.

Even now we have good numbers/depth in the squad and a lot of quality now it`s time to show that aggression and sign people that our group of young players desperately need. Time for a sofa or two rather than lamps again.
The owners don't pick the players. They have spent money, loads of it. So any criticism of them not spending money, or "they're only trying to make money to sell us for profit" is nonsense. As has been said many times on this forum by the more perceptive posters, these billionaires made their money in easier ways before, and they could simply do it that way again. Why subject themselves to the criticism of the press and yahoos like us everyday?

The problem is who is picking the players. And yes, it is indeed on the owners to put those proper people in place. I'm not particularly excited about how this summer's transfers are lining up. But hopefully the big meeting this week is leading to a more intelligent transfer system. If that gets fixed, the future will be bright. If it doesn't, uggh.... 
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Obviously

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: June 4, 2015, 12:48:19 am »
You really think we have supporters that want Rodgers (and therefore, by definition, Liverpool FC) to fail?

Just makes no sense.

I don't see how that can possibly be true, unless they really haven't grasped the concept of football and the notion that winning is somewhat more enjoyable than losing.

People enjoy jumping on his back, and enjoy the fact we lost because it means they get to indulge a vendetta against a bloke that coaches a football team? No

I don't think there are many that want him to fail, but my impression however is that there are many who thinks he wont succeed here, so they would rather get someone new in now, who they believe can achieve something, instead of wasting time and money. The other option is just waiting for the inevitable(him getting sacked), and from that point off view its easy to understand why they don't support him. You want what's best for the club, and if you 100% believe that Rodgers isn't good for the club, its hard to back him. For some, its kind of like the Hodgson situation..

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: June 4, 2015, 01:00:56 am »
I can't be the only one disappointed by this decision. Personally, I want him out. We have a manager who's only achievement is winning the Championship play-off final. He is far too small for a club of Liverpool's size.

But if the owners want him to stay, then I have to get behind the club and now support their decision.

I do fear though, if we start the season badly, the knives are going to be well and truly out!

COME ON LIVERPOOL!!!!

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #741 on: June 4, 2015, 01:41:53 am »
Agree mostly - if it comes to Christmas and we are no better off...  :wave

Still can't help but feel that Klopp is somewhat going to be hanging over him like a barn owl. The whole timing of it all...

We'll see I guess, but if I was in Brendan's position and I knew Klopp was taking a holiday from the game - I know what I would be thinking...
Continually on 11,420.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: June 4, 2015, 02:14:12 am »

Just makes no sense.

Exactly. When we did well last season, all of us were genuinely happy. This time with the results being as bad as they have been, many are genuinely concerned and appalled by how we have performed this season and I think that is justified. Nobody wants the club to fail just to be proven right - that was so even in the days of Hodgson's tenure. All of us want the glory days to be back - when all of Europe and not just the premiership feared Liverpool FC.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2015, 02:16:13 am by ThePoolMan »

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #743 on: June 4, 2015, 03:05:30 am »
The more historically minded amongst you are no doubt aware that since we returned to the top flight in 1962 the lowest we've finished is 8th. Just take that in for a minute. Okay Arsenal & Everton have been in longer but our record since we came back up is better than anyone.
If that doesn't entitle us to expect certain standards I don't know what does. What am I trying to say? Rodgers & his players have just delivered the worst result in over 50 years & for me the most depressing season in my 42 year supporting history. (Hodges half season was worse but mercifully Kenny took over & Suarez arrived).
I genuinely fear we're on a downward spiral . How many teams will look at what Palace & Stoke did to us & will see no Gerrard there either.  The fear factor has gone.
The proposed signings don't inspire confidence either. The more I think about it my head hurts but like others I feel that FSG have hung Rodgers out to dry to some degree. Rodgers hasn't helped himself with his transfer dealings (yes I know the TC too but apparently he has final say).
I'm more than willing to give Rodgers more time but if we use our record of the last 50+ years as a standard & that starts to slip then he'll pay the price. Then for me the onus will fully be on FSG. We will need a big name, experienced, winning manager & no excuses. If they go the Rodgers route again & continue signing potential to sell on for a profit then as far I'm concerned they should sell up & f**k right off thank you very much for the stadium.
Like someone else said this club must not become a museum piece where things  used to be won & past glories celebrated.. Ironically our history dictates this!
If FSG don't live up to this I & I'm sure most on this forum will rightly crucify them. My torch will be lit & my pitchfork sharpened & in true all American Western fashion they will be run out of town . Yee ha! Rant over. I feel a bit better now.
We finished 6th, in what fucking universe is that the worst season in 50 years?

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #744 on: June 4, 2015, 03:27:16 am »
Football like 2013/2014 please Mr. Rodgers :)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #745 on: June 4, 2015, 04:24:33 am »
We finished 6th, in what fucking universe is that the worst season in 50 years?

I think he might mean in relation to where we were at this time last year and given the money we spent. To go from 2nd to 6th in such a shocking manner after spending £120 million on players is rather amazing for all the wrong reasons.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #746 on: June 4, 2015, 04:52:54 am »
Straight after the Stoke game I wanted him out as well as half the side.

While I'm still concerned that nothing major seems to have changed which had us 5-0 down by half-time at Stoke, since the end of the season I was leaning more towards him staying.

I still think he's in credit for the first two seasons.

As we all should do, pull in behind the manager and support the club.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline JayNY

• DoeY
  • Main Stander
« Reply #747 on: June 4, 2015, 04:52:54 am »
I think he might mean the Stoke result in relation to the worst result in 50 years

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: June 4, 2015, 05:09:44 am »
Exactly. When we did well last season, all of us were genuinely happy. This time with the results being as bad as they have been, many are genuinely concerned and appalled by how we have performed this season and I think that is justified. Nobody wants the club to fail just to be proven right - that was so even in the days of Hodgson's tenure. All of us want the glory days to be back - when all of Europe and not just the premiership feared Liverpool FC.
I don't think Stoke fear us anymore. I don't think any mid table club fear us. I don't even think Norwich fear us now that Suarez is gone.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #749 on: June 4, 2015, 05:24:46 am »
The owners don't pick the players. They have spent money, loads of it. So any criticism of them not spending money, or "they're only trying to make money to sell us for profit" is nonsense. As has been said many times on this forum by the more perceptive posters, these billionaires made their money in easier ways before, and they could simply do it that way again. Why subject themselves to the criticism of the press and yahoos like us everyday?
Henry's feeling the heat at home at the moment. As far as LFC are concerned, FSG and the structure they have set up, manpower included has pissed away spent the money, no doubt. 

"They're only trying to make money to sell us for profit". Well, he's done it before when he bought and sold his stake in the Yankees, then bought and sold the baseball team Florida Marlins and also a senior baseball league(a year before it went bust). So why is that so far fetched? He's doing it for the love of the club then?

"these billionaires made their money in easier ways before". His businesses haven't done that well lately (I believe he closed his business in 2012). So it's obviously not as simple as that. Isn't his latest investment purchasing the newspaper Boston Globe? Good luck with that.

"Since the start of the 2014 season, only the Rockies, Diamondbacks, and Phillies have lower winning percentages than the Red Sox, who are 94-120 after Tuesday’s 1-0 win over the Minnesota Twins, 23-29 this season." Good thing they don't have relegation in baseball because they'd be relegation zone material. A very expensive one at that.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle between the "yahoos" with the knives out and the Henry/FSG apologists.

This article from yesterday's Boston Herald: "But while the Sox were wildly successful at exploiting market inefficiencies and defining a winning philosophy during the first decade of Henry’s tenure, ownership and the front office have come off like blind men feeling around for answers in the past three or four years."

Ouch. Thank Robbie it doesn't sound familiar.  8)

« Last Edit: June 4, 2015, 05:43:58 am by LiverBirdKop »

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #750 on: June 4, 2015, 05:43:04 am »
I think it would help if fans became a little bit more informed about FSG back in Boston. Make up your own minds, don't be influenced by the apologists or the ones who blame FSG for world hunger. Interesting article here from June 02 2015. From the same newspaper Henry owns.  8)

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/06/02/john-henry-says-farrell-cherington-jobs-are-safe/61q3ZlwbLjJahNqaXCNJwK/story.html

Henry arrived alone to a room behind the press box and took questions from a group of reporters standing around him as team officials watched from the outskirts.

I’m here to be accountable and tell you how I see it,’’ Henry said.

Wonder who'll do the same at LFC?  ::)

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: June 4, 2015, 06:12:34 am »
Surely this is the right thing to do? We've sacked our last 2 managers (not including Hodgson) after one poor season and it's not gotten us anywhere. What is the saying - doing the same thing and expecting different results is insanity. Maybe the right thing is to actually give Brendan another season, instead of sacking him after one poor season. And let's support him and see how it goes.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #752 on: June 4, 2015, 06:43:19 am »

Surely this is the right thing to do? We've sacked our last 2 managers (not including Hodgson) after one poor season and it's not gotten us anywhere. What is the saying - doing the same thing and expecting different results is insanity. Maybe the right thing is to actually give Brendan another season, instead of sacking him after one poor season. And let's support him and see how it goes.

Let's hope they do things differently this year and allow Brendan to bring in some proven quality.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: June 4, 2015, 06:47:53 am »
If I am being honest if Rafa, Klopp or Carlo were available I would have liked a change.  But that is because I honestly think they are an upgrade. Like you would upgrade a player if a better player was available, reality is its all a guess they may all have had a shocker and Brendan might have a fantastic one. Now hoping for some decent signing's and if we can't get them use the academy.
  Sick of buying average players for the sake of it.
Hopefully this season will have done Brendan a lot of good.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2015, 06:50:16 am by lgvkarlos »

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #754 on: June 4, 2015, 07:29:51 am »
Agree mostly - if it comes to Christmas and we are no better off...  :wave

Still can't help but feel that Klopp is somewhat going to be hanging over him like a barn owl. The whole timing of it all...

We'll see I guess, but if I was in Brendan's position and I knew Klopp was taking a holiday from the game - I know what I would be thinking...

This is what is so depressing about it all.
Brendan is almost a lame duck manager now. A stooge. Someone who's now not allowed any leeway in results for the first half of next season "or else" the new manager will come Klip Klopping round the mountain.
Brendan's departure - unless his season is sensational - is I think as guaranteed as his next mini-slump in results.
Brendan's support from FSG has been in terms of "we're not getting rid of you" and there's been nothing solid in the PR i.e. quotes etc from FSG saying Brendan is definitely our man and will remain so this season (unless I missed something).
It all seems so half baked and half hearted - no good really for us, for LFC or Brendan.

It's not about being pro-anti Brendan, it's about wanting FSG to have a governance system that works and a managerial / team set up that allows us all to see what style of play the manager wants and for us to recognise how the types of players fit with that style without us all scratching our heads.

It's a dog's dinner at the moment.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: June 4, 2015, 07:30:13 am »

Just makes no sense.

Certainly do mate. If you think there`s no people out there in society who have such self obsessed negative views on life then I don`t know what to say really, it`s pretty naïve really.

Like I said, it`s human nature for some.

Second highlighted point - Your being either naïve, blinkered or just don`t understand the different types of personalities out there.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #756 on: June 4, 2015, 07:34:33 am »
Can Brendan turn the supporters around? Of course -with results! If he finishes top four next year everyone will be nice and happy again.

I really hope they make some changes in how we recruit players, because it's as bad as ever with no sign of improvement.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: June 4, 2015, 07:35:08 am »
It is human nature to want to post when the team is not doing well. Try and dissect where we were going wrong. What can you say after winning 5-0? played brilliant end of. Most of the time I'm getting pissed happy with the result etc and just do something else. Personally I feel people are going a tad overboard with this type of thing. You can only take what is written on forum posts at face value. We have no way of knowing what posters ulterior motives are, its pure conjecture.
Again mate, I won`t labour the point now because I`m probably getting boring but if you think there`s no deeply self obsessed fans out there in amongst us who see life that way then we can agree to disagree.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #758 on: June 4, 2015, 07:39:37 am »
I've not always seen eye to eye with Walshy on things but he's a right to express his ideas, isn't abusive, and there's some legitimate concerns in his stance now.

There is being concerned and critical in a constructive way about how you feel the club's being run and then there's throwing the toys out of the pram and throwing a massive paddy every time something you don't like happens to the club.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: June 4, 2015, 07:59:22 am »
I don't think there are many that want him to fail, but my impression however is that there are many who thinks he wont succeed here, so they would rather get someone new in now, who they believe can achieve something, instead of wasting time and money. The other option is just waiting for the inevitable(him getting sacked), and from that point off view its easy to understand why they don't support him. You want what's best for the club, and if you 100% believe that Rodgers isn't good for the club, its hard to back him. For some, its kind of like the Hodgson situation..

This is obviously wrong on so many levels the bits i highlight especially.

So as if your right they believe its just a matter of time are they going to back him or hope he fails to confirm their loaded opinion?

Whether you think Rodgers is the right man or not while he is the manager you back him yes or no?

This is so far removed form Hodgson its unreal but it gives these people who wont back him a feeble excuse for their poor attitude.

Finally any justification that only negative people want whats best for the club which again is bandied about is frankly total bollocks, the best for this club right now is to get behind the manager and the team not to say he isnt good enough , they are not good enough so lets hope we get rid soon!