Author Topic: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC - pointless speculation in here please...  (Read 175118 times)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #680 on: June 3, 2015, 09:11:27 pm »
I only wanted Brendan gone if we had a chance of Klopp.  Presumably Klopp has told FSG he wants no part of their unambitious plans, so on we go with Brendan, with a chance to rebuild his and our reputation.

Although I'm glad Rodgers has been given another season I also fear he may have been second choice and remains because Klopp wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.  Which is depressing in itself.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #681 on: June 3, 2015, 09:12:02 pm »
Or maybe back the lads at the match, create an atmosphere, sing and shout, intimidate the opposition, do the things that we`ve done for an eternity (until recently of course).

Negative atmospheres will affect the players. You can feel it at Anfield at times, not so much booing, but you can fee the negativity sweeping the ground at times and that will transfer to the pitch.

Sometimes the Anfield crowd gave up last season as well as the players.

Yep. Pretty much echoed what I said.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #682 on: June 3, 2015, 09:16:43 pm »
Although I'm glad Rodgers has been given another season I also fear he may have been second choice and remains because Klopp wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.  Which is depressing in itself.
What`s the point of seeing the depression in that if we have no actual real evidence that we did approach Klopp?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #683 on: June 3, 2015, 09:31:11 pm »
I'm gutted he's staying.  Sorry but I am,  he's just too dislikeable as a character and chat's too much shite.  I could cope with these a little bit if he was a great manager,  but he's not,  he's just talks a good job.  I'd rather have a manager who DID a good job,  who'd actually won something,  a manager with a proven track record,  not this charlatan :(

Have a day off.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: June 3, 2015, 09:32:18 pm »
The shite atmosheres at the ground lad. They don't help. The players need the support. 

Look no farther than the mx of support these days at the ground, esp big games like UTD.  Never seen so many tourists at Anfield than there were for UTD this season.  No evidence to show like but wouldn't be surprised if many more tickets went out via Thomas Cook's premium packages obviously at the expense of those who would compete for them via fan card/general sales.  Traditional supporters have been gradually priced out of it.  Ironically it's slowly killing the atmosphere which is a big selling point for the owners.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: June 3, 2015, 09:35:15 pm »
Please explain how the knee-jerk bunch of walker fans caused us to take a big fat Stoke shaft up the ass to the tune of 6-1?
There's too many people here who have forgotten what Liverpool Football Club was. It's not even the score, it's the complete lack of fight in the players we put on the pitch. But carry on, everything is fine.

its self righteous tripe on the whole.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #686 on: June 3, 2015, 09:36:37 pm »
I think this is a good post. The constant bitching about FSG does my nut in. A year ago we were sat here and literally EVERYONE was saying "oh I hope FSG don't sack Brendan if next season doesn't happen to live up to this one". When Kenny got the sack, and Brendan was hired, everyone was saying "I hope they're going to stick with him and not get rid of him after one bad season"... and look at the vultures now. Gutted that the club stood by their man. You could hardly make it up. Except of course it was entirely predictable.

I'm fucking DELIGHTED that they've not bowed to the pressure. I'm fucking DELIGHTED that they recognise this season wasn't good enough, but are going to try to put things right within our current system, not just fuck it all off and start again.

They couldn't win really though. Even if they had sacked Brendan, you can bet everyone on here would have been all "I can't believe they've sacked him after one poor year, back to square one, just what they wanted, all part of their plan for perpetual mediocrity"... blah blah blah.

So, needless to say, while last season was a huge disappointment, and mistakes were made, and bad decisions were made... the answer is not to rip it up and start again. The answer is continuity. The answer is to stick together. The answer is to correct the mistakes. But no. Everyone wants things NOW, don't they?

The biggest problem at our club is not FSG or Brendan Rodgers or Mario Balotelli or Ian Ayre or Raheem Sterling... no. It's our kneejerk bunch of wanker fans.

I like the sentiment however for me the reality is somewhat different. They haven't come out and given Brendan a ringing endorsement, they haven't changed strategy indeed this years prospective signings are worse than previous years. What they have done is pushed Brendan under a bus. They have skulked of into the shadows and turned the spotlight onto Brendan and guess what they are empowering our kneejerk bunch of wanker fans by creating this debate in the first place.

When Wenger for instance was under the cosh you didn't see the Arsenal hierarchy briefing journalists or having a end of season will they wont they pantomime. They have deflected the spotlight from their mis-management, their failed structure and their laughable transfer committee and set the manager up as the fall guy with the spectre of Klopp hanging over him if we don't have a good start to the season.

I wonder who their advisers are because they are far more adept at the dark arts of spin and media manipulation than they are at running a football . 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline banksybanks

• Legacy Fan
  • Oranges and cigarettes
« Reply #687 on: June 3, 2015, 10:18:04 pm »
I hope this results in the club putting a solid - experienced, coaching team in place. No disrespect to Messrs Pascoe, Marsh & co, but where is the knowledge and expertise backing Rodgers up when it all turns to shit? Who has the authority to challenge some of his decisions?

We're obviously going to be together for the next few months at least, and we need to give him all the support he needs

Offline Jools

• Didn't believe at half time against Dortmund
  • Main Stander
Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #688 on: June 3, 2015, 10:19:09 pm »
Liverpool FC can no longer afford to pay the best wages in football and therefore we won't get the top players at the peak of their footballing careers anymore - whilst any younger players who come good will want to leave.

Maybe our best bet for the future is signing the older top players who are now just a little bit passed their best but still good enough for 3 o 4 years and combining them with youngsters that are coming through our youth teams.

Who knows we may just get lucky one year!

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #689 on: June 3, 2015, 10:24:52 pm »
The shite atmosheres at the ground lad. They don't help. The players need the support.  Same goes for the players, they need to give the fans something to go off. They both need to feed off each other.

We're all in this together. We all have a part to play.

The atmosphere is like that because the dedicated average fan has been pushed out by corporate greed. On the players issue, since when has Balotelli or Lambert been a loan striker? When has Sterling been a striker? Since when has Can been a right back? Or Markovic a wingback? Or Henderson a wingback or DM?
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: June 3, 2015, 10:27:44 pm »
The biggest problem at our club is not FSG or Brendan Rodgers or Mario Balotelli or Ian Ayre or Raheem Sterling... no. It's our kneejerk bunch of wanker fans.
We are not that important. And even if we do have 'wanker fans' they are the best 'wanker fans' in the world...;) I don't disagree with the continuity argument, and still feel that giving Rodgers a good attack is the shortest path to success. A good attack however costs money though, not sure we have that, and even if we did, players don't see us as an attractive place to play.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #691 on: June 3, 2015, 10:33:56 pm »
The atmosphere is like that because the dedicated average fan has been pushed out by corporate greed. On the players issue, since when has Balotelli or Lambert been a loan striker? When has Sterling been a striker? Since when has Can been a right back? Or Markovic a wingback? Or Henderson a wingback or DM?

Look, The manager has made mistakes most definitely. But I think some of those players out there didn't put a shift in either.

As for the fans, yes some have been priced out. But that isn't the only reason why the atmosphere has been shite. There is a tension, a negativity that has been sweeping round the ground like Teflon said and that's not just coming from day trippers that's also coming from locals.  There is negativity that has managed to destroy the atmosphere on here as well.

Like I said earlier, we all have a part to play in this. Win lose or draw.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2015, 10:37:29 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: June 3, 2015, 10:34:05 pm »
To be fair we don't need war and peace, and it's hardly like the a normal end of season. Even Brendan's confidante's have turned on him.

Few words backing the manager would have gone a long way.

I wonder if FSG are hedging their bets in case BR gets off to a poor start to the season ?

I suspect he is on the Managerial equivalent of a Final Warning.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: June 3, 2015, 10:40:38 pm »
Since when did you become a qualified manager who works with the players and knows what`s best for them?

Look mate, we can all be managers and look at certain situations and think we`d change this or that but the fact is, until your the one in the hot seat, with the pressure of expectation of the club and fans and sponsors and owners etc you`ve no idea if you could do a better job.

Rodgers fucked up last season in certain situations, most of us can see that, but it happened.

He`s here to stay for at least one more season, there`s no changing that now.  I`m hoping that he`s learnt a hell of a lot from last season and it will stand him and us in good stead for the future. What`s the point in pointing fingers at him, getting pissed off? It helps no one. Not you or the club. Why don`t we, as a fan base, just get behind the lad and the players in the hope that we can all help the club to move forward?

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: June 3, 2015, 10:44:18 pm »
A 2 hour meeting doesn't seem to suggest they went too in depth into what went wrong last season either.

Actually what happened was that  Werner and BR spent two hours scrunched over Werner's Macbook going through RAWK, chomping on each fucking post with Werner asking Brendan to explain himself.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: June 3, 2015, 10:46:49 pm »
Actually what happened was that  Werner and BR spent two hours scrunched over Werner's Macbook going through RAWK, chomping on each fucking post with Werner asking Brendan to explain himself.
"Do us a favour Brendan, ye gobshite, any danger of you explaining yourself to Fordy here"  :lmao

Offline nevoo36

• Not One Of Us.
  • Kopite
« Reply #696 on: June 3, 2015, 10:47:48 pm »
What`s the point of seeing the depression in that if we have no actual real evidence that we did approach Klopp?

For all we know Klopp has been sounded out for the job, Klopp said I want a year off, Rodgers (hypothetically) given another year.

It all falls down, Klopp ready and waiting.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: June 3, 2015, 10:52:59 pm »
For all we know Klopp has been sounded out for the job, Klopp said I want a year off, Rodgers (hypothetically) given another year.

It all falls down, Klopp ready and waiting.
No one has any evidence that we approached Klopp, so it`s a moot point.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: June 3, 2015, 10:53:47 pm »

Genuinely what are you doing to make things better? What are you changing to make things work? What are you personally responsible for? Who are you responsible to for effecting changes at Liverpool Football Club? Who is taking heed of what you have to say at Liverpool Football Club? Who is listening to you and you alone at FSG?

We will never know what happened and who was responsible for what. It's a bit of a harsh reality but it's a reality. Not one based on any conjecture or slanted opinion but one simply on rationale. 3 years ago was there a public disclosure of the root and branch that led to a change of manager?

People fucked up. What happens next to rectify it is anyone's guess but this consumption that leads to wanting to simply throw things around is deeply abrasive and one that serves a purpose that isn't healthy

I cannot tell you how to behave. You're your own man/woman. I can tell you however that one day this site will have had simply enough of it
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline nevoo36

• Not One Of Us.
  • Kopite
« Reply #699 on: June 3, 2015, 10:54:50 pm »
No one has any evidence that we approached Klopp, so it`s a moot point.

You are right, am not suggesting in any way that this is indeed the case.

At least it will wind up the conspiracy theorists amongst us.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: June 3, 2015, 10:55:20 pm »
Do we honestly think things are suddenly going to change next season without actual change? What football knowledge/Experience do those conducting these reviews have?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: June 3, 2015, 10:56:44 pm »
You are right, am not suggesting in any way that this is indeed the case.

At least it will wind up the conspiracy theorists amongst us.
True mate, but I`m trying not to create waves and bring theorists back into the land of the living and start backing Brendan again  :D

Offline nevoo36

• Not One Of Us.
  • Kopite
« Reply #702 on: June 3, 2015, 11:04:00 pm »
True mate, but I`m trying not to create waves and bring theorists back into the land of the living and start backing Brendan again  :D

Wont take a great deal mate to get them shivering.

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: June 3, 2015, 11:04:09 pm »
Whether or not if Brendan reflects on his own shortcomings will make or break him, in my opinion. He has to look at what has worked for him and what hasn’t worked this past season and bin the things that simply didn’t work. To persist with them would be madness on his behalf.

I hope that last season has taught him a few things as a manager and that he strives to prove a lot of people wrong. One of the positives from this year was that fourteen game unbeaten run in the league. But the huge negative is how we finished the season with those final run of games after two defeats to Manchester United and Arsenal.

Some people let him down last season on the pitch, for sure. But I think Brendan was second guessing himself at times and maybe lost some confidence over his selections etc. He has shown a willingness to adapt and make changes in the past. Next season will hopefully be different for us but we need to see what unfolds over this summer first. Hopefully everyone at the club is pulling in the same direction – otherwise, we won’t move forward.

I still think that Brendan is a good young manager and I’m glad he has been given another season. He didn't have a great season as our manager but to place the blame on his shoulders is unfair. The whole team needs to take responsibility too. I think FSG will have acknowledged that there was many factors such as Suarez leaving, the long-term injuries to Daniel Sturridge, our failure to buy a decent striker and Steven Gerrard announcing that he was leaving this summer for why we had an average season, and as such, it explains their logic behind giving Brendan at least one more season to try and put things right.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: June 3, 2015, 11:04:49 pm »

I cannot tell you how to behave. You're your own man/woman. I can tell you however that one day this site will have had simply enough of it

No one is it's simply my opinion of the situation. That's why we are on a forum. If criticism of situations gets Rawks goat so much they should just open a blog instead and invite fans to write nice things about the team.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: June 3, 2015, 11:05:55 pm »
No one is it's simply my opinion of the situation. That's why we are on a forum. If criticism of situations gets Rawks goat so much they should just open a blog instead and invite fans to write nice things about the team.

There is critique and then absolute bollocks.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #706 on: June 3, 2015, 11:14:01 pm »

Is this site relocating to China?

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: June 3, 2015, 11:15:20 pm »

Oh behave

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: June 3, 2015, 11:17:17 pm »
Now it looks like he is going to be here next season the fans need to stick together and get behind the team from the off in the new season.  No point being bitter about the decision as that wont help nothing and will only hamper our push for top 4.
choose Life.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #709 on: June 3, 2015, 11:19:00 pm »
Season 13/14 :
lambert :13 goals,11 asists in 37 games
balotelli :14 goals,6 asists in 30 games
borini : 7goals ,3 asists in 32 games
all stats are from transfermarkt.
Now,if you think these players represent a big fat zero, YOU have to open your eyes.
 I dont know if you are a rodgers fan or not, but a proper manager would find a way to use these players for the benefit of the team .After all,we theoretically were a superior team ,with superior teammates compared to these players' previous teams. Truth is ,our young ,outstanding tactician managed to take 4 (!) goals combined.
As for next season, well ,origi is a member of the worst 11 of the french league and  danny ings had a lot worse season compared to charlie austin  under similar circumstances .As for the new player ,no one knows ,but it seems he wont be a so called world class cf.
I am not saying that these players are useless, but i simply cant see how you can be optimistic that rodgers will make them work.
Of course , no one knows the future, but you remind me of those guys that really believe in aliens . i am not saying they dont exist, all i am saying  is ,in fact, that nobody has seen them .And there is a real difference between optimism and realism.

You know what.

I can't be arsed responding to this blinkered shite.

We'll just have to wait a few months to see whether you're right or I'm right.

That's unless one of us gets abducted by these pesky fuckin Martians in the meantime.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2015, 11:22:26 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #710 on: June 3, 2015, 11:19:19 pm »
I've not always seen eye to eye with Walshy on things but he's a right to express his ideas, isn't abusive, and there's some legitimate concerns in his stance now.

This has seemed to become a discussion on who is authentically loyal to the Liverpool way of getting behind the manager. I think we can all get behind the manager and still reflect on things that have happened, why its happened, and what it all means.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: June 3, 2015, 11:19:30 pm »
So Rodgers stays. I'm happy the decision is made. Now we can move forward. Think of next season, without speculation about the manager.

My main concern is how we fell apart at the end. We ran out of energy and we need to correct that as soon as possible. Inject some energy for next season. Should we start poorly next season, things won't look good for Rodgers. And then we can look stupid. I fear we could run out of energy very early on and basically write the season off in October. That's a bit negative, I know. What to do? We need to give him the best possible odds to be successful. Get him a couple of top players. If our plan is to sign half a dozen decent players for the future, Rodgers will most likely lose his job during next season.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #712 on: June 3, 2015, 11:19:56 pm »
Is this site relocating to China?
Other sites are available in China or elsewhere
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline robygerrard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #713 on: June 3, 2015, 11:24:32 pm »
The more historically minded amongst you are no doubt aware that since we returned to the top flight in 1962 the lowest we've finished is 8th. Just take that in for a minute. Okay Arsenal & Everton have been in longer but our record since we came back up is better than anyone.
If that doesn't entitle us to expect certain standards I don't know what does. What am I trying to say? Rodgers & his players have just delivered the worst result in over 50 years & for me the most depressing season in my 42 year supporting history. (Hodges half season was worse but mercifully Kenny took over & Suarez arrived).
I genuinely fear we're on a downward spiral . How many teams will look at what Palace & Stoke did to us & will see no Gerrard there either.  The fear factor has gone.
The proposed signings don't inspire confidence either. The more I think about it my head hurts but like others I feel that FSG have hung Rodgers out to dry to some degree. Rodgers hasn't helped himself with his transfer dealings (yes I know the TC too but apparently he has final say).
I'm more than willing to give Rodgers more time but if we use our record of the last 50+ years as a standard & that starts to slip then he'll pay the price. Then for me the onus will fully be on FSG. We will need a big name, experienced, winning manager & no excuses. If they go the Rodgers route again & continue signing potential to sell on for a profit then as far I'm concerned they should sell up & f**k right off thank you very much for the stadium.
Like someone else said this club must not become a museum piece where things  used to be won & past glories celebrated.. Ironically our history dictates this!
If FSG don't live up to this I & I'm sure most on this forum will rightly crucify them. My torch will be lit & my pitchfork sharpened & in true all American Western fashion they will be run out of town . Yee ha! Rant over. I feel a bit better now.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: June 3, 2015, 11:24:35 pm »
I've not always seen eye to eye with Walshy on things but he's a right to express his ideas, isn't abusive, and there's some legitimate concerns in his stance now.

This has seemed to become a discussion on who is authentically loyal to the Liverpool way of getting behind the manager. I think we can all get behind the manager and still reflect on things that have happened, why its happened, and what it all means.

See it depends if now the decision is made if they are behind the manager or actually hoping he fucks up as for walshy their is criticism and broken record criticism !
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #715 on: June 3, 2015, 11:28:26 pm »
See it depends if now the decision is made if they are behind the manager or actually hoping he fucks up as for walshy their is criticism and broken record criticism !

Walshy isn't hoping we fuck up. He's concerened about where we're heading.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: June 3, 2015, 11:28:43 pm »

That's fair enough mate, discussion should be had. Problem with that is, a fair number of fans don`t want discussion, they just want their negative views to be heard, not for the reason of debate, but to say "Told you so".

It looks like some of these fans just can`t wait for Rodgers to fail, can`t accept him any more. You just know, at the first hint of a problem, the knives will be out and the abuse will start.

It`s nailed on mate.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: June 3, 2015, 11:29:39 pm »
See the way I look at it last season is history and we all start with a clean slate fans, team, manager, owners! Certainly be a lot healthier if everyone did this instead of regurgitating the past all the time!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: June 3, 2015, 11:30:47 pm »
That's fair enough mate, discussion should be had. Problem with that is, a fair number of fans don`t want discussion, they just want their negative views to be heard, not for the reason of debate, but to say "Told you so".

It looks like some of these fans just can`t wait for Rodgers to fail, can`t accept him any more. You just know, at the first hint of a problem, the knives will be out and the abuse will start.

It`s nailed on mate.

Is that the case with the majority of fans?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #719 on: June 3, 2015, 11:32:59 pm »
If FSG don't live up to this I & I'm sure most on this forum will rightly crucify them. My torch will be lit & my pitchfork sharpened & in true all American Western fashion they will be run out of town . Yee ha! Rant over. I feel a bit better now.

And who is the white knight who is going to ride in and save the club from these pesky Americans?