Author Topic: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC - pointless speculation in here please...  (Read 174848 times)

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Having been bogged down with a heavy amount of work of late, my current support has waned a bit - I know- for a fact - that I am not alone in this and browsing around, it is clear to see that there is a lot going on at the moment, within the club. If my support was an human organ of some kind, it would most certainly be surviving on the lowest quality/amount of sustenance possible; otherwise known as Sky Sports.

So I just wondered if there was a reference point where folk could pop in-and-out with minimal fuss, to keep up to date with latest events, happenings and rumours within, and surrounding LFC.

I don't know what it is like where you are currently situated - but here there is a rather strange stand-off between different supporters. It is pretty hairy and stagnant - an Evertonian a dozen or so steps away from me, stood up and shouted, "He's GONE! - WOOHOO!"

A handful of us stood up, looking puzzled, myself with my LFC mug asked who - to which he giggled, and sat back down. After ten or so minutes of rummaging around on various sports papers, I found out that he was talking about the late Rt. Hon Gentleman Charles Kennedy (R.I.P)...  :-\

Half of me is wondering how long a thread like this could survive - half of me hopes that the next few days and spurn some qualitative and formal discussion of recent events and/or happenings.

We'll see I guess.

Meanwhile: 99 Red Baloons is on, on the radio - And I for one hope discussions between one Mr. Werner and Mr. Rodgers (et al) are going swimmingly productive.

« Last Edit: June 5, 2015, 09:15:30 pm by Alan_X »
Continually on 11,420.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Meeting's over. He's safe. Onwards to next season
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Meeting's over. He's safe. Onwards to next season

I thought the meeting was tomorrow?

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
as did I, im confused now..mind thats not hard

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Liverpool FC boss Brendan Rodgers holds "positive" talks with club chairman Tom Werner

Brendan Rodgers has today held “positive” talks with Liverpool chairman Tom Werner as part of the club's end-of-season review.

Rodgers met with Werner and Fenway Sports Group executive Mike Gordon in Liverpool city centre to assess a disappointing campaign with the Reds having failed to win silverware or qualification to the Champions League.

The talks are believed to have been progressive, with both parties having agreed to move forward together.

It would therefore confirm the long-held belief there is no appetite for FSG to change manager despite Rodgers commenting after the dire 6-1 defeat to Stoke City on the final day of the campaign that “if the owners want me to go, then I go”.

Rodgers was expected to be quizzed on where the season went wrong, what mistakes were made, his opinion of the transfer committee and his plans for the future.

Werner arrived in Merseyside on Tuesday night, with completing a free transfer deal for chief summer target James Milner also high on his agenda.

Liverpool have already held advanced talks with the 29-year-old, whose contract at Manchester City expires at the end of the month, and are believed to have offered a deal in the region of £150,000 a week.

And while City are making late efforts to persuade Milner to stay, the player has been reluctant to commit his long-term future over fears of a lack of playing time, with Liverpool a more likely opportunity for more regular football in his preferred central role.

Arsenal are among several other clubs interesting in Milner but Reds chiefs want to tie up the deal in the next few days, with the player involved in England's friendly against the Republic of Ireland on Sunday ahead of their Euro 2016 qualifier versus Slovenia.

Confident of capturing Milner, Liverpool will then turn their attention to Danny Ings, another player out of contract in the summer.

Ings, also being tracked by Tottenham Hotspur, is understood to prefer a move to Anfield, but aged just 22 the Burnley striker would command a fee set by a tribunal, despite being available on a free transfer.

Liverpool must improve their bid for Southampton full-back Nathaniel Clyne having had a £10m offer rejected, while they are pondering an approach to Aston Villa over Belgian forward Christian Benteke.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-boss-brendan-rodgers-9377812
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Any chance they can come out and publicly back him if that's the case? Constant speculation is getting very tiresome and we can get on with supporting him if he's staying on.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2015, 05:53:20 pm by DangerScouse »

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
 chief summer target James Milner - chief target.....oh dear what about a decent striker....
was on blankety blank once and came second.........

Online archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
Plenty of constructive comments below that Echo article.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

As did everybody. But Sky reported the meeting was today and he was safe. This wasn't a "SSN understands" either. They showed him coming out of the meeting

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
chief summer target James Milner - chief target.....oh dear what about a decent striker....

Lol. What if Ings is our primary striker target? Sturridge Balotelli Ings Origi. Stranger things have happened.

I laugh because I'd cry otherwise

Offline seal75

• Kopite
To add insult to injury, our chief summer target is a free deal  ;D
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Maybe they meant chef summer target - Milner's gonna be our head cook as well

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yikes.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada

Bloody hell didn't notice that a lot of anger about.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
Time to back the manager I guess. Give him goalscorers, lets evaluate again in December.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Bloody hell.

If we don't start the season brightly all hell will break loose.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2015, 07:11:28 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Bloody hell.

If we don't start the season brightly all hell will brake loose.

Woah! Woah!

Slow down there buddy.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan

It seems strange that it's often been overlooked the general fan reaction to Rodgers, I'd go as far as to suggest he's lost perhaps a majority of the fanbase and is on a hiding to nothing trying to win them back.

If we don't start next season well it could all go very toxic, very quickly. It's not entirely unfeasible that a poor start could see his position simply untenable (in the eyes of the fans) within 10 odd games next year.

Rodgers or no Rodgers, I'm desperately disappointed that there appears to be no effort to learn from mistakes or make the necessary changes at the club moving forwards, and to be honest I don't see the current set-up (manager, TC, strategy, etc.) being sustainable for more than another year.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
It seems strange that it's often been overlooked the general fan reaction to Rodgers, I'd go as far as to suggest he's lost perhaps a majority of the fanbase and is on a hiding to nothing trying to win them back.

If we don't start next season well it could all go very toxic, very quickly. It's not entirely unfeasible that a poor start could see his position simply untenable (in the eyes of the fans) within 10 odd games next year.

Rodgers or no Rodgers, I'm desperately disappointed that there appears to be no effort to learn from mistakes or make the necessary changes at the club moving forwards, and to be honest I don't see the current set-up (manager, TC, strategy, etc.) being sustainable for more than another year.

he truly is fucked if milner is our chief summer target.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Woah! Woah!

Slow down there buddy.

Seriously, the atmosphere is going to be absolutely toxic if we don't have a good start to the season mate. The knives are well and truly out for Brendan I'm afraid.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Seriously, the atmosphere is going to be absolutely toxic if we don't have a good start to the season mate. The knives are well and truly out for Brendan I'm afraid.

I agree with you.

Mine was a joke on a misspelling.

Sorry.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
Woah! Woah!

Slow down there buddy.
Haha

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.

no change then sadly
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
I am more pissed off than I ever was at the way Kenny was treated.

Offline Haggis36

• Legacy Fan

I think he's at the point where nothing less than starting the season on fire will turn things back in his favour. If we're hovering midtable when we hit December (which I personally think is very possible) I don't see how he can survive it. One nasty result (maybe not 6-1 Stoke level...) to a lower placed team (which we manage every year, 3-1 Villa, Palace, etc) will see it all kick off.

Offline acks

• Kopite
Brendan has huge balls because if he fucks up in the first 10 games of the season, the atmosphere is going to get pretty nasty. He'll bear the brunt of it, because those cowards who own our club will be hiding as usual.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan

Double standards really isn't it.  In hindsight I guess Kenny was sacked for his backing of Suarez in the evra situation rather than the results.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I am too, a club legend, 2 cup finals with 1 won and gets fucked off like nobody's business.

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Judging by the comments barring a minor miracle his a dead man walking, you get the feeling a lot of fans would rather see him fail.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Double standards really isn't it.  In hindsight I guess Kenny was sacked for his backing of Suarez in the evra situation rather than the results.

Kenny was sacked because he wasn't FSG's man. He was only meant to be a stop gap.

Brendan is, so rightly or wrongly he has more leeway with the owners.

Offline Haggis36

• Legacy Fan

Kenny was sacked because they never particularly wanted him in the first place, they were just looking for an excuse to get rid of him. Brendan however is their man, and they've backed him handsomely. I'm staggered they're sticking with him, but the Kenny situation isn't particularly directly comparable.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I find them quite informative. I presume most of the posters are locals and not OOTs'.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Judging by the comments barring a minor miracle his a dead man walking, you get the feeling a lot of fans would rather see him fail.

Of course they would. Not only because they love a bit of an 'I told you so' but because they've gone so overboard nailing their 'Rodgers Out' colours to the mast that it would mean they'd have to eat humble pie if he turned it round.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada

Ben SmithVerified account
‏@BenSmithBBC

Brendan Rodgers will stay as #LFC manager after meeting with Tom Werner. All parties agreed improvements must be made

Offline faisfais

• Kopite

Sadly "image" is very important to Americans. Looks like I was wrong about FSG. I thought their ruthless streak with the Red Sox would translate to Liverpool. But it appears that they are planning on selling LFC once the stadium renovations are complete. Hopefully oil prices are up by that time. ;)

The good thing is Brendan Rodgers has been quiet in the media for the past week. Hope this is a trend as well next season!

Offline Haggis36

• Legacy Fan
Of course they would. Not only because they love a bit of an 'I told you so' but because they've gone so overboard nailing their 'Rodgers Out' colours to the mast that it would mean they'd have to eat humble pie if he turned it round.

In fairness, I think that's a bit oversimplistic. I think it's far more likely that people just don't think he's the right man and/or don't trust him anymore, and are concerned that the longer we stick with him the further we'll fall (and this is likely in no small part influenced by Rodgers' preferred signings for the summer).

I am quite set in believing he isn't the right man for us anymore, but I can be respectful about it, and I'm not scared of being wrong. If we go on a charge next season and get back into the top four, or at least perform much better than we have been, I'd happily eat my words. I really mean that.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think he's at the point where nothing less than starting the season on fire will turn things back in his favour. If we're hovering midtable when we hit December (which I personally think is very possible) I don't see how he can survive it. One nasty result (maybe not 6-1 Stoke level...) to a lower placed team (which we manage every year, 3-1 Villa, Palace, etc) will see it all kick off.

Well, a lot of people have well and truly nailed their colours to the mast. I mean, even if he gets off to a flier, any slight wavering and it'll be "I told you so." Granted, as Geoff said, it's kind of always been like this, hasn't it? It's just more people want him gone now, that's all.

I'll be very disappointed if the changes are purely cosmetic - back room staff and such - as there are far more deeply embedded issues at the Club, in terms of hierarchy & delegation of duties. I have yet to write my season review post and may do so tonight.

At this point, if we're just "going again, again" regarding management and recruitment policies - as seems to be the case - I just hope everyone has "bought in" to the idea: no excuses, no blame game, no he-said-she-said, cloak-and-dagger nonsense - we had enough of that last summer. If we're giving Rodgers more power to get his players, in the mould he wants, then get them: don't settle for second- or third-choices and then repeat this same mantra of failure again next summer. And if we're taking away Rodgers's "veto power," giving all decision-making with regard to player recruitment over to the committee, then I hope Rodgers has truly, genuinely bought into this concept, too, and isn't just nodding along to keep himself in the job; if we're going this route, Rodgers needs to accept that he's simply a coach, and it's his job to get the best out of the pieces he's been given.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2015, 06:38:22 pm by Kopenhagen »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
‏@BenSmithBBC
All parties agreed improvements must be made

Hmmm what sort of improvements? Just an expectation that Brendan must do better in the league or are they going to change the way they recruit players?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
In fairness, I think that's a bit oversimplistic. I think it's far more likely that people just don't think he's the right man and/or don't trust him anymore, and are concerned that the longer we stick with him the further we'll fall (and this is likely in no small part influenced by Rodgers' preferred signings for the summer).

I am quite set in believing he isn't the right man for us anymore, but I can be respectful about it, and I'm not scared of being wrong. If we go on a charge next season and get back into the top four, or at least perform much better than we have been, I'd happily eat my words. I really mean that.

I never said all would, and replied to a guy who also never said all (he said a lot).

You'd be one of a smaller group I'd imagine given the venom we've seen on here (to a lesser degree, and that's saying something) and to other less well moderated sites out there. There are clearly 'fans' who have thrown a whole host of disrespectful shite at the manager in the last few weeks who are hoping he fails now.

I have nothing against anyone who feels he isn't the right guy btw, as long as they're able to respectfully argue that case.

Offline acks

• Kopite
‏@BenSmithBBC

Brendan Rodgers will stay as #LFC manager after meeting with Tom Werner. All parties agreed improvements must be made

I wonder how they define 'improvements'. Seems a bit vague.