Author Topic: Wolverhampton Wanderers  (Read 63605 times)

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2020, 11:46:17 pm »
The best team we’ve played this season, in my opinion.

Their fans are c*nts but I like Nuno. United should look at him, but they won’t.

I wouldnt have minded Nuno appointed at all if we hadn't appointed Arteta.

There were several times he got on the ball tonight and I just went “oh shit, here we go.”

He’s gotten so much better and still only 23. Had Robbo on toast several times tonight.

There were some ignorant folk online having a go at Tierney because he struggled to handle him at The Emirates. My reply was that there will be a lot of full backs that struggle to handle him when he's on form. Think that's been proven tonight.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2020, 11:48:46 pm »
8 wins in 24 league games, how come? Are they are shower of game raising twats? The two games I saw against us suggest they would be clearly 4th in the league. Then again, most teams put everything in trying to beat us and lose their next match!

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2020, 12:08:11 am »
8 wins in 24 league games, how come? Are they are shower of game raising twats? The two games I saw against us suggest they would be clearly 4th in the league. Then again, most teams put everything in trying to beat us and lose their next match!

They had a horrific start, in large part it seems due to the early Europa rounds they were in. Got 2 points in first 6 games

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2020, 12:16:04 am »
Overrated.

They are a decent side and their manager is class. They are not as good as people make them out in particular the media.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2020, 12:17:57 am »
Really good team. Probably just need a couple of stars adding to properly make it fly. If Suarez leaves Barca at the end of the season with his sack full of medals and fancies a quixotic challenge then Wolves could be the one.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #245 on: January 24, 2020, 12:25:44 am »
Adama Traore is fucking ridiculous
His finishing it too erratic. He’s probably a 5-8 goals a season player which is why none of the big boys have picked him up since he left Barcelona. His final ball has improved significantly this season. I watched him a few times at Boro a few years ago and his legs nearly always moved considerably faster than his brain. If he adds another 5-10 goals before the end of the season I’m sure there’ll be a few major European clubs interested.

I’d rather have Raul Jimenez out the two of them. Proper striker who knows where the net is.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: January 24, 2020, 12:36:15 am »
His finishing it too erratic. He’s probably a 5-8 goals a season player which is why none of the big boys have picked him up since he left Barcelona. His final ball has improved significantly this season. I watched him a few times at Boro a few years ago and his legs nearly always moved considerably faster than his brain. If he adds another 5-10 goals before the end of the season I’m sure there’ll be a few major European clubs interested.

I’d rather have Raul Jimenez out the two of them. Proper striker who knows where the net is.

He's 23 and you can't teach physicality like that. He's also clearly a coachable player. Traore is worth a punt for most side IMO.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #247 on: January 24, 2020, 12:36:22 am »

Saw a comment that he was a bit 'Zaha' which seemed fair enough to me - everyone really bigs him up for the qualities he does have while overlooking those he's missing.

---

If they can keep hold of their manager and key players then these have got something to build on while so many other teams are in a shambles. But then that's applied to a lot of other teams who've had a decent season or two in the past, hasn't it?
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: January 24, 2020, 12:38:46 am »
Their fans are absolute gobshites. In fact, what is it with fan bases from the midlands? Villa, Birmingham, Wolves, Leicester. They're all the same.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
« Reply #249 on: January 24, 2020, 12:43:08 am »
He's 23 and you can't teach physicality like that. He's also clearly a coachable player. Traore is worth a punt for most side IMO.

I got slated for suggesting he wouldn't be a valuable squad player to push the starters. Not that he'd want that role but he's obviously one that works hard in training. Would be a good option off the bench for sure.
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: January 24, 2020, 01:16:50 am »
Their fans are absolute gobshites. In fact, what is it with fan bases from the midlands? Villa, Birmingham, Wolves, Leicester. They're all the same.

Yeah their fans are grade A weapons, an absolute fckin embarrassment. Their team deserve better though - if they put in the effort for every match that they have against us this season they'd already be top 3. They may lack Leicester's consistency but based solely on the evidence of their performances against us I'd say they've got better players, a better team ethic and a better manager.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #251 on: January 24, 2020, 02:33:00 am »
I'd take Traore here.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2020, 07:20:46 am »
Traore is ridiculous
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: January 24, 2020, 07:28:11 am »
Traore has definitely improved and he's not just someone with direct pace.

What worries me is how susceptible he would be to injuries - looks far too muscular for a footballer.

He'll be on the radar but you'd imagine Wolves will want Zaha money for him.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: January 24, 2020, 07:31:13 am »
Traore has definitely improved and he's not just someone with direct pace.

What worries me is how susceptible he would be to injuries - looks far too muscular for a footballer.

He'll be on the radar but you'd imagine Wolves will want Zaha money for him.

Saw an article recently saying £70 million! Way too raw to be throwing around that sort of money.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #255 on: January 24, 2020, 08:12:10 am »
Thoughts on Traore: first half when we denied them space, he was totally invisible for 90 percent of the time. 2nd half we got sloppy and gave the ball away needlessly quite a few times, and that gave him the space he needs.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #256 on: January 24, 2020, 08:50:57 am »
Thoughts on Traore: first half when we denied them space, he was totally invisible for 90 percent of the time. 2nd half we got sloppy and gave the ball away needlessly quite a few times, and that gave him the space he needs.

I think Wolves changed his role for the second half - he seemed to have a floating role in the first half to add some unpredictability, but their players were never sure where he was so he didn't see nearly enough of the ball.  In the second half he was very much in the right wing trying to isolate Robbo - they knew where to find him to get him the ball and it worked.  He is much more effective with a specific job to do rather than improvising across the pitch.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: January 24, 2020, 09:30:26 am »

couldn't really tell on the telly, what were they singing that upsets you ?  they sang a lot was all i could tell .

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #258 on: January 24, 2020, 11:10:11 am »
Do their fans just copy every single one of our songs, just change player names and sing it about theirs  ;D

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: January 24, 2020, 11:17:15 am »
He is clearly still learning. He has only this season become a crucial member for that team...on the learning curve he is currently on, who knows where he will be two years from now.

Its rare to see Klopp being so easy to divulge praise, the way he did for him.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: January 24, 2020, 11:24:51 am »
Reminds me a bit of Hulk.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #261 on: January 24, 2020, 11:25:44 am »
I honestly can't imagine Traore and that ridiculous bulk he's carrying trying to play for Liverpool, it'd be hilarious to watch, he'd be blowing out his arse 10 mins into the game.

He's the most ridiculous looking player in the league.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #262 on: January 24, 2020, 11:50:38 am »
Adama Traore is fucking ridiculous

Honestly would give a lot of credit to Nuno Espirito Santo for his development, one of my best buds is a Boro fan and he hated him there, it's where the "no end product" thing really solidified.

At Wolves hes come on leaps and bounds, fair fucks as he's still only just about to turn 24 so he can really kick on and become something special, he has insane change of pace.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #263 on: January 24, 2020, 12:43:54 pm »
In other news, they are about to sign Daniel Podence from Olympiacos. About as tall as Shaqiri :) , good on one on one but no great goal return. Another Mendes client.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #264 on: January 24, 2020, 02:22:08 pm »
Lets hope Uniteds season picks up....wouldnt like them eyeing up their manager

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: January 24, 2020, 03:51:22 pm »
He is clearly still learning. He has only this season become a crucial member for that team...on the learning curve he is currently on, who knows where he will be two years from now.

Its rare to see Klopp being so easy to divulge praise, the way he did for him.

So far this year he's praised Mbappe and Martintelli.  I dont think it means he's going to buy them... He just answers the questions from the journalists.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 03:52:54 pm by rebel23 »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #266 on: January 24, 2020, 04:44:03 pm »

Because no one really pays any attention to teams in 8th place you don’t really notice the amount of pretty shit results and performances they’ve had, particularly because they’ve had some notably good ones and played decent against us.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #267 on: January 24, 2020, 04:46:03 pm »
Because no one really pays any attention to teams in 8th place you don’t really notice the amount of pretty shit results and performances they’ve had, particularly because they’ve had some notably good ones and played decent against us.

To be fair they raised their game against City as well.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: January 24, 2020, 06:09:27 pm »

Shop window.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #269 on: January 24, 2020, 06:22:14 pm »
Do their fans just copy every single one of our songs, just change player names and sing it about theirs  ;D

Annoys the hell out of me that does

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: January 24, 2020, 06:53:30 pm »

Are all of our songs *that* original? Or any team’s for that matter.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: January 24, 2020, 08:29:15 pm »

Yeah, all the highlights I see of Traore involve him bursting into space, but teams park the bus against us so I can't see him as a Liverpool player. No idea how his underlying numbers would look in the Edwards matrix.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #272 on: January 24, 2020, 08:32:06 pm »
Yeah, all the highlights I see of Traore involve him bursting into space, but teams park the bus against us so I can't see him as a Liverpool player. No idea how his underlying numbers would look in the Edwards matrix.
He scores one goal in 10

Mo scores 7 in 10

Some goon was saying we should sell Mo and sign Traore in the post match thread...

Incredible
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #273 on: January 24, 2020, 08:36:35 pm »
He scores one goal in 10

Mo scores 7 in 10

Some goon was saying we should sell Mo and sign Traore in the post match thread...

Incredible

Name and shame  ;D
Believer

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: January 24, 2020, 08:38:37 pm »
He scores one goal in 10

Mo scores 7 in 10

Incredible

Mo is one of the most underrated players I've seen at the club, which is shocking given that he's a back-to-back golden boot.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: January 24, 2020, 09:01:21 pm »
I honestly can't imagine Traore and that ridiculous bulk he's carrying trying to play for Liverpool, it'd be hilarious to watch, he'd be blowing out his arse 10 mins into the game.

He's the most ridiculous looking player in the league.

Err, you are aware that Phil Jones is still in the league too?  ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #276 on: January 24, 2020, 09:03:49 pm »
Err, you are aware that Phil Jones is still in the league too?  ;D

good point!  I'll rephrase, Traore has the most ridiculous looking body, being as he looks like a rugby player, the guy has such big arm and leg muscles that he barely fits in a football kit, Phil Jones definately has the most ridiculous looking face  :P

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #277 on: January 24, 2020, 09:18:28 pm »
Traore is ridiculous
For me he's more of a winger (chalk on boots) and has been played as a winger for most of his career so far, which explains his low numbers.
He's an anomalous one- I can't see him here at this moment though, because his numbers are too low and his decision-making needs to improve, since he's always been a frustrating player for supporters wherever he's been. I'm constantly reminded of Puncheon when I think of him. Fabulous skill and speed, but very low output.
Klopp though, can improve almost any player.
What impressed me most is that he managed to maintain that sprint and speed throughout the game. It remains to be seen if he can do it over a season.

Having said that, I think he's more someone that United would be interested in, because they have a tradition of wingers and they are in dire need of one. I won't be surprised if their interest has been peaked after his performances against City and Liverpool. United make the weirdest decisions these days and like I said- I won't be surprised if they go after him just because he gave us a game. For instance, Oleh's pleading for more time and some United supporters also- are using Klopp as a yardstick and everything these days for them are in reference to Liverpool. They are odd like that.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 09:36:38 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #278 on: January 24, 2020, 09:30:59 pm »
They have a few very likeable players. I wouldn't mind if we brought Conor Coady home at some point to strengthen the Scouse continent.

I'm all for strengthening it, mate. Let's invade Southport. Liverpool Country....
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: January 25, 2020, 03:45:38 am »
Saw an article recently saying £70 million! Way too raw to be throwing around that sort of money.
Given a choice between Traore and Sarr of Watford I'd take the latter.