Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 319099 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #4400 on: December 4, 2020, 02:16:04 am »
An idea for after the Maradona Draft -----   

RAWK World Cup

16 Managers are randomly assigned 2 Countries from which to build their starting XI and choose their players (i.e. Brazil and Croatia or Italy and Nigeria)
16 Managers build each team assigned from players comprised from the following decades (70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, to 2020) - 20 cap minimum
No team can have more than 3 players from one decade
Each decade must be represented

1 Wildcard Club player is allowed --- of the two countries you are given, you may choose 1 player from a club who resides in that country. 
       * in other words, if I was assigned France and Romania (I could choose one player off a team in either country such as Steau Bucharesti or PSG/Lyon/Marseille etc...
       * however, this player may not be allowed if he already resides in another players' starting XI in the World Cup (so if Veratti is selected for Italy while playing for PSG --- then no go.   

Team assignments will be random, but also staggered so as not to allow for Germany & Brazil to be captured by one manager randomly.    So Rankings will apply to even out the disparity and depth of teams.
However, you really don't know how many teams of quality or less than quality are in the tournament until after you submit your lineups to the Commissioner. 

Another way to think about this is that getting Brazil, Germany or Argentina does not mean you win the whole thing as you need two teams doing well to win this contest. 
Brazil might be paired with Tunisia or Germany might get paired with Canada etc..  So, the luck of the draw is only half of it, it is also what you make of it.

Once the commissioner has received all 32 lineups, they will be formatted uniformly in buildlineup.com to prevent people knowing who has what team and then we will have a draw. 

Group A  all the way to Group H (no manager will have both his teams in the same group).

No one knows who has been assigned which team until the end, which will make voting much more interesting.

We will go straight to Matchday 1 and finish group play.   

We'll do another draw in quarterfinal knockouts after tabulating points from group play.   Whomever gets the most votes through group play will get the #1 seeding and so on down the line (#1 plays #16 etc.)

Each day we'll do two games until we get to the semis and finals.

Big Reveal: only at the end, will it be uncovered who won the World Cup and the overall points total for both teams!

I'll run this if people are interested --- as I would want this to be a really fun experience for everyone.

IN

Tubby
Claus
Sheer
Samie
Nick
XabiArt
DeFuck It I'm In Facto
Gerry Attrick
Lawnmowerman
VivaBobbyGraham
Hazell
El Lobo
Andy Muller
« Last Edit: December 5, 2020, 04:38:09 pm by Treeisdecoratively »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4401 on: December 4, 2020, 02:18:58 am »
I'm in for whatever if it's footy-related.  The more wacky, the better.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4402 on: December 4, 2020, 02:36:01 am »
Hahaha Trend that's great, I'm (already) in
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4403 on: December 4, 2020, 02:43:08 am »
Hahaha Trend that's great, I'm (already) in

Just need 2 more...  I'll step in and take two scrub teams at the end if need be :)

« Last Edit: December 5, 2020, 04:38:30 pm by Treeisdecoratively »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4404 on: December 4, 2020, 10:17:54 am »
Yeah okay.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4405 on: December 4, 2020, 10:27:25 am »
Yesh

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4406 on: December 4, 2020, 10:30:55 am »
Trend if you can make it out that I get Brazil and one of Argentina/Italy/Spain/France/ Germany, I'll love you long time.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4407 on: December 4, 2020, 10:43:17 am »
Count me in please Trend. I think I understood you!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4408 on: December 4, 2020, 10:44:47 am »
Not even his missus understands him so fair do's.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #4409 on: December 4, 2020, 12:59:29 pm »
Seeing as I suggested it, I'd better participate. ;D

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4410 on: December 4, 2020, 01:01:09 pm »
Seeing as I suggested it, I'd better participate. ;D

Think this is Trends draft now, not the Maradona one yet
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4411 on: December 4, 2020, 01:59:35 pm »
Think this is Trends draft now, not the Maradona one yet

Perfectly happy to wait until after the Maradona draft ----  wanted to be in that one :)

Elzar, do you want in the World Cup Draft -
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4412 on: December 4, 2020, 02:01:08 pm »
Trend if you can make it out that I get Brazil and one of Argentina/Italy/Spain/France/ Germany, I'll love you long time.

Haha... this is the kind of draft you have been waiting for my friend (draft order is not relevant, and no one will know who is who, cheeky wildcard pick --- you just might get your next championship)!!!!
« Last Edit: December 4, 2020, 02:36:19 pm by Treeisdecoratively »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4413 on: December 4, 2020, 02:07:14 pm »
Anonymous is pretty cool! No voting for it against the name (not sure how often that actually happens!), just the team itself.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4414 on: December 4, 2020, 02:27:19 pm »
Anonymous is pretty cool! No voting for it against the name (not sure how often that actually happens!), just the team itself.

Yes.  Just the team itself.   

I am sure there will be arguments for why some team should have won and upsets too - which will make for a rich tapestry of shit talk and strategy of not outing which team you have --- :)

The Process will go something like this:

1. Once you have been assigned two teams -- you will then construct each from the criteria and submit it to me with any wildcard players (club players who played in one of the countries you been assigned) not selected elsewhere. 
2. Once approved via DM, then I'll go in and copy them into a universal format using the same un-discernible style.
3. Once everyone's teams are in ---- then there is the world cup draw. 
         - No one knows who has the other teams, except you know your own groupings --- and then the posting can begin as games unfolds ----  points are accumulated from both teams
         - No one knows who is winning either -- which is key and will pique interest for a longer time -- many will perceive they still have a chance and maybe they will :)
         - The only things people do know is that one manager's two teams cannot be drawn together in group play and will likely not be drawn together in the first round of knockout play.

4.  Games begin - votes are tallied and 3 points victory and 1 for a tie. 
5.  The team with the most points wins for both - this means winning the World Cup Final does not mean you've won the whole enchilada (total points for two teams - taking away the advantage of owning Brazil or Germany etc.) 
         - but in the end winning this will depend upon the teams built, the matchups in the draw, and anonymous voting for the most part.

The selection thread will be replaced with the voting thread -- so everything will be contained within one area.  Each day there will two games, and it will be interesting to see if people can guess who has who :)     
« Last Edit: December 4, 2020, 02:38:40 pm by Treeisdecoratively »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4415 on: December 4, 2020, 02:33:02 pm »
Fk it, I'm in.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4416 on: December 4, 2020, 02:42:40 pm »
Perfectly happy to wait until after the Maradona draft ----  wanted to be in that one :)

Elzar, do you want in the World Cup Draft -

Not sure I do sorry, works been busy this week! Will watch from the sidelines and help set up the teams in formation if you want though
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4417 on: December 4, 2020, 02:46:12 pm »
Not sure I do sorry, works been busy this week! Will watch from the sidelines and help set up the teams in formation if you want though

I am still thinking that the Maradona one will go first -- so you may have some time as the holidays approach.

Anyhow, thank you for the offer of help.  Cheers.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4418 on: December 4, 2020, 03:35:47 pm »
Maradona first sounds easier to do

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4419 on: December 4, 2020, 05:19:08 pm »
In

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4420 on: December 4, 2020, 07:24:57 pm »
Samie, see if you can get 4 more? 

I'll work on a few mates but see if you can get Betty, Lobo, KL, and Lastrador (there will no bias -- and no one will know whose team is who's until the reveal...

And if you want I can run the Maradona one too if Xabi does not want to organize it (before we do the World Cup over the holiday time).....

On my list of possible recruits:

Red Viper
Chakan
Djozer
« Last Edit: December 4, 2020, 08:17:48 pm by Treeisdecoratively »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4421 on: December 4, 2020, 07:56:05 pm »
Awesome stuff Trend, definitely up for this.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4422 on: December 5, 2020, 03:22:01 pm »
I’ll have a bash!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4423 on: December 5, 2020, 04:20:26 pm »
:thumbup
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4424 on: December 5, 2020, 04:26:34 pm »
Now that I'm out of the godforsaken 70s draft let's get this Maradona one going
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4425 on: December 5, 2020, 04:37:22 pm »
Now that I'm out of the godforsaken 70s draft let's get this Maradona one going

Do we have a leader for this draft?  Maradona draft?

The World Cup Draft will be after that. 
« Last Edit: December 5, 2020, 04:39:32 pm by Treeisdecoratively »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #4426 on: December 5, 2020, 05:08:52 pm »
Do we have a leader for this draft?  Maradona draft?

The World Cup Draft will be after that.

I'm sure Claus has time on his hands...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4427 on: December 5, 2020, 06:22:00 pm »
Xabi suggested it, surely he'll run it?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4428 on: December 5, 2020, 06:39:48 pm »
I’ll participate.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4429 on: December 5, 2020, 07:46:54 pm »
Fuckin' hell which one we doing?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4430 on: December 5, 2020, 07:58:48 pm »
Yeah I dunno which one I've signed up to now, thought it was Trend's wacky one.  But I'm in for any footy draft anyway.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4431 on: December 5, 2020, 08:01:58 pm »
Bin the Maradonna one off. Unless those who championed it get off their arses and run it, let’s start trends next I say

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4432 on: December 5, 2020, 08:07:07 pm »
Happy to do one then the other, the order doesn't matter. Trend is Always Online so that helps get things going.

Just give me the Dutch pal, that's all I ask.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4433 on: December 5, 2020, 08:14:38 pm »
A couple things

1. Whichever draft we do - we still need participants

A. World Cup draft needs 3
    B. Maradona draft needs 16 (many have committed but there is no signup page

2. We should probably do both drafts because they are good ideas but

- someone needs to step up and organize the Maradona one
    - XabiArt or Claus need to commit

3.  The World Cup draft will take awhile - I recommend it for over the holidays as a gift to you lads

Let’s make some decisions

Samie get me 3 managers who will be active for WC draft
Claus get with Xabi and find out who is running the Maradona
And I’m putting it on the finishing touches if WC draft

Let’s be drafting soon
« Last Edit: December 5, 2020, 08:16:09 pm by Treeisdecoratively »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4434 on: December 5, 2020, 08:18:37 pm »
You can't say "take a while" and expect people to sign up for it. When they sign up they expect a day or two at best before we begin.  :D

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4435 on: December 5, 2020, 08:29:34 pm »
Do a sign-up thread Trend. I'll do the Maradona one after if Xabi doesn't want to.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4436 on: December 5, 2020, 08:33:58 pm »
You can't say "take a while" and expect people to sign up for it. When they sign up they expect a day or two at best before we begin.  :D

I think trend means let’s get a sign up going for it so as to at least get an indication where we are with the Maradona draft numbers. For me it was a bit knee jerk after the great man’s passing but there is some merit in the format. Got to be run properly for best effect. Didn’t lobo have a lobon for it?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4437 on: December 5, 2020, 09:43:01 pm »

I meant a World Cup draft will take longer to complete in duration but I’ll get to work on start up page https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=346583.0
« Last Edit: December 6, 2020, 02:58:56 am by Treeisdecoratively »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #4438 on: December 6, 2020, 05:28:44 pm »
Alright lads sorry, working loads at the minute.

I'm not sure what running a draft means other than updating the top post in the selection thread and setting up the match threads. I dont mind doing it but it might be a bit slow going unless someone can commit more time?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4439 on: December 6, 2020, 05:32:15 pm »
It's okay mate, going with Trend's draft for this one. You're up next.  :D