Author Topic: The 'illegal' coach welcome!  (Read 60913 times)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: The 'illegal' coach welcome!
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2018, 03:26:14 am »
This will just make people want to do it even more :D Excellent

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2018, 05:33:00 am »
Whole situation hasn't been helped by the Twitter knobhead who created the Social Media "flyer". All for the sake of likes and attention when these things happen just fine (better in fact) without any need for that kind of bollocks. Media have then whipped it up into something it isn't. No way it puts people off - It's tradition.

Spot on.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2018, 07:39:44 am »
City fans had loads of empty seats for a semi final against Real Madrid.

Emptyhad is a library every home game with blue seats on show,they just don't know how to build or maintain a atmosphere in their own ground how will they do it outside the ground before a game.

Atmosphere and City fans in the same sentence just doesn't compute. :D

A friend of mine stewards at the emptyhad told me they don't even sell out the manc derby
Kenny Godglish

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2018, 07:47:25 am »
Don't city arrive at away grounds in a fleet of Emptyhad airways helicopters.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2018, 07:56:36 am »
It's not. The bone of contention is the use of pyro.

That, and the inevitable missiles lobbed at the bus.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2018, 08:17:23 am »
Talk about small time mentality and media hype over nothing. We have done this for years and never a word spoken, other than occasional praise for the passion shown.

They may have billions, poster boy manager and think they're big time but they are just showing themselves up as the championship club with money that they are. Fuck me, they wouldn`t get enough fans together to create a welcome other than perhaps some etihad sponsored flag to be waved by some manc in flared 1990 jeans from 'stolen from ivor' (what the fuck happened to that shop by the way)

Tossers*

(*I do like oasis though)

"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline commando

• Main Stander
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2018, 08:21:52 am »
Talk about small time mentality and media hype over nothing. We have done this for years and never a word spoken, other than occasional praise for the passion shown.

They may have billions, poster boy manager and think they're big time but they are just showing themselves up as the championship club with money that they are. Fuck me, they wouldn`t get enough fans together to create a welcome other than perhaps some etihad sponsored flag to be waved by some manc in flared 1990 jeans from 'stolen from ivor' (what the fuck happened to that shop by the way)

Tossers*

(*I do like oasis though)

Stolen from Ivor. Now there's a blast from the past. 

BTW, my Mrs is a City STH and it's true about the Manc derby. A few years ago before she had her ST she got an email from the club the day before the match saying there were tickets available.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 08:24:44 am by commando »

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2018, 08:47:02 am »
https://i.imgur.com/OMUKdF2_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

That's pretty cringeworthy on lots of levels. I don't mind them crowing about being this season's best team or soon to be champions but you'd think that they'd have just a bit more respect for the only team to beat them in the league this year.

And that line about how grown adults act? You're not lining up on the side of the road for polite applause mate, you're calling for chanting, singing, celebrating with wild abandon, intimidating your opponents with your level of noise and the passion of your support. The only "grown adults" at this should be the coppers making sure everyone is safe, everyone else should be lost in the moment.

But no, the traffic will be heavy and go for a pint beforehand, by all means. And don't forget your ticket!  ::)

Longest. Two. Weeks. Ever.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2018, 09:00:07 am »
That's pretty cringeworthy on lots of levels. I

It's a wind up mate.
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2018, 09:45:14 am »
Still one of my favourite pictures

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2018, 10:07:59 am »
Love how city want to create a rivalry with us like the red mancs and us. Sorry guys. Whilst you're better than utd you will never be a big club like them. As soon as your owner fucks off you'll be back to being nothing and that time can't come soon enough.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2018, 10:16:25 am »
A friend of mine stewards at the emptyhad told me they don't even sell out the manc derby

A Spanish lad I work with who lives in Manchester fancied taking a game in and just tried to get a ticket the day before the Chelsea game, he was able to get 3 for himself and his mates, said there was literally rows of empty seats all round them. All they have is money.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2018, 10:26:18 am »
our coach welcomes don't need to be madly promoted within our own to get going. When the situation calls for it, it happens....from pre-Spurs in 2010 to the 13/14 run in and Europa welcomes....to now I guess but the whole news story over all of this is a joke.

hope the publicity over it all dies a death quickly and if we do it we do it and its no different to when we've done it before, we have our reasons for welcoming OUR coach and its fuck all to do with them the cryarses
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2018, 11:23:17 am »
We're in their heads already  ;D

Make the most out of it and crush them in the first 45 mins, they won't recover from the mental anguish of it all.

And we'll see it written all over the faces of their players and coaching staff.

Amp it up like never before and revel in the big smile and wave from Klopp at the end of an amazing nights work.

:scarf :scarf :scarf

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2018, 12:07:48 pm »
Firstly, It's mad that City and the press are making a thing of this. Secondly, I think it's a good thing their fans are making a thing of it. I think they are worried about the impact of our crowd. They saw what it was like in the league game. The CL home leg will be notched up a level or 2 at least.

However, what I don't like is the rhetoric that City have a shit fanbase. The stuff on Blue Moon is not representative of all City fans. It's the same as when some dickhead Liverpool fans spout shite on social media. I also have an issue with the perception that City having shite attendances. City are a club who in the late 90's and early 00's spent 5 out of 6 seasons outside the top division ( 4 in The Championship and 1 in League 1). Their average league attendance was over 30k for those 6 seasons. You don't do that with fair weather fans or without a sizeable fanbase. There's no doubt that City don't fill their ground now. They got a stadium that is probably too big for them at the moment. They've also probably got a local fans who have been pushed out by rising ticket prices. Where Manchester City is located in Manchester is a poor area. There won't be loads of local City fans who are willing or able to spend vast amounts of money on season tickets when previous match goers are pushed out by rising costs. We know a lot of our match going fans from the 80's and 90's fans have been pushed out of going by rising costs. We have this surplus fans who could fill the gap but maybe we've lost something in terms of match going culture and atmosphere during this process. I think City may have had a similar situation to this though they don't have the numbers of surplus fans to regularly fill the gap but also increase attendance.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2018, 12:23:29 pm »
didn't this start as some concern that Man City as a club raised...

obviously there's a safety concern that Man City are showing, which is fair,s but in some ways i get the impression it's tactical as well. What's the one thing everyone bangs on about when it comes to Liverpool at Anfield... special European night and the atmosphere it creates, which helps the team.

Part of that is our welcoming of the team bus prior to it getting to Anfield. So what would they think would help neutralize this? Try and stop a morale boosting welcoming of the our team's bus. They think that it will impact on the atmosphere and thus help them out.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2018, 12:40:33 pm »
Taken from this

https://equaliserblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/21/the-power-of-anfield/

But they had also done it with the help of 40,000 fans. Afterwards, Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho said he ‘felt the power of Anfield’, John Terry admitted that ‘all of us found it a bit of shock’ and Joe Cole said ‘it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up’, whilst Liverpool’s John Arne Riise simply stated that ‘we wouldn’t have been able to run as much as we did without the energy from the stands.’ The following day, every paper in Britain spoke of the impact the fans made, and it was a view echoed around Europe, from the Gazzetta Dello Sport in Italy to Marca in Spain. Typically, though, it was summed best by Simon Barnes of The Times, who wrote “The Liverpool crowd had done an astonishing thing. They made Chelsea play worse than they can, they made Liverpool play better than they can, they made the referee turn a crucial decision their way. That’s twenty-three people all behaving in the way the Liverpool crowd wished. It was, in the most literal sense, a triumph of hope over expectation.”

Much more of the same, please  ;D

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2018, 12:52:03 pm »
Firstly, It's mad that City and the press are making a thing of this. Secondly, I think it's a good thing their fans are making a thing of it. I think they are worried about the impact of our crowd. They saw what it was like in the league game. The CL home leg will be notched up a level or 2 at least.

However, what I don't like is the rhetoric that City have a shit fanbase. The stuff on Blue Moon is not representative of all City fans. It's the same as when some dickhead Liverpool fans spout shite on social media. I also have an issue with the perception that City having shite attendances. City are a club who in the late 90's and early 00's spent 5 out of 6 seasons outside the top division ( 4 in The Championship and 1 in League 1). Their average league attendance was over 30k for those 6 seasons. You don't do that with fair weather fans or without a sizeable fanbase. There's no doubt that City don't fill their ground now. They got a stadium that is probably too big for them at the moment. They've also probably got a local fans who have been pushed out by rising ticket prices. Where Manchester City is located in Manchester is a poor area. There won't be loads of local City fans who are willing or able to spend vast amounts of money on season tickets when previous match goers are pushed out by rising costs. We know a lot of our match going fans from the 80's and 90's fans have been pushed out of going by rising costs. We have this surplus fans who could fill the gap but maybe we've lost something in terms of match going culture and atmosphere during this process. I think City may have had a similar situation to this though they don't have the numbers of surplus fans to regularly fill the gap but also increase attendance.

Fuckinell insight and sense at last. I was beginning to think this place was like twitter taking the piss out of facebook.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2018, 12:53:13 pm »
Taken from this

https://equaliserblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/21/the-power-of-anfield/

But they had also done it with the help of 40,000 fans. Afterwards, Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho said he ‘felt the power of Anfield’, John Terry admitted that ‘all of us found it a bit of shock’ and Joe Cole said ‘it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up’, whilst Liverpool’s John Arne Riise simply stated that ‘we wouldn’t have been able to run as much as we did without the energy from the stands.’ The following day, every paper in Britain spoke of the impact the fans made, and it was a view echoed around Europe, from the Gazzetta Dello Sport in Italy to Marca in Spain. Typically, though, it was summed best by Simon Barnes of The Times, who wrote “The Liverpool crowd had done an astonishing thing. They made Chelsea play worse than they can, they made Liverpool play better than they can, they made the referee turn a crucial decision their way. That’s twenty-three people all behaving in the way the Liverpool crowd wished. It was, in the most literal sense, a triumph of hope over expectation.”

Much more of the same, please  ;D

Makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up just reading that. Never forget what we are capable of. The ultimate "12th Man"
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2018, 12:56:25 pm »
Makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up just reading that. Never forget what we are capable of. The ultimate "12th Man"

Exactly!  ;)

And with a bigger capacity now versus then, we can be even more magnificent  :wave

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2018, 01:26:25 pm »
Huh! I was curious who the illegal coach was.  :-\

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2018, 01:56:38 pm »
Fuckinell insight and sense at last. I was beginning to think this place was like twitter taking the piss out of facebook.

Fans of all teams need to accept that the majority of every teams fans talk absolute fucking shite.

It's been cringeworthy from both camps to be honest. It's gone from something we naturally did that genuinely boosted our team, to a parody of itself. Organised spontaneity. People can't just act on impulse anymore.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2018, 02:29:00 pm »
Huh! I was curious who the illegal coach was.  :-\
Bob Higgins.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2018, 02:52:14 pm »

That was one of the happiest nights of my life, remember it like it was yesterday and hopefully we do it again in the stands and on the pitch and continue to create life lasting memories, success that will echo in eternity like we have in the past.

I am beyond excited for this round, I know our lot will do us proud.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2018, 03:38:08 pm »
That, and the inevitable missiles lobbed at the bus.

Pack it in lad, no ones planning to start lobbing missiles or bricks at the coach ffs. If you’d ever turned up to these before you’d realise that it passes without incident and is a bit of a carnival type atmosphere, like we did against the red Mancs and they’re actually our rivals. Guess what? No one stormed the bus or start smashing it up. Maybe you should have a look on YouTube to previous gatherings and see for yourself, perhaps form a better opinion of your fellow supporters..?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 03:41:06 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2018, 03:41:32 pm »
Pack it in lad, no ones planning to start lobbing missiles or bricks at the coach ffs. If you’d ever turned up to these before you’d realise that it passes without incident and is a bit of a carnival type atmosphere, we did it against the red Mancs and they’re actually our rivals. Guess what? No one stormed the bus or start smashing it up. Maybe you should have a look on YouTube to previous gatherings and see for yourself, perhaps form a better opinion of your fellow supporters..?

I think he was talking about the journalists claiming/fearing that our fans would do that, which wouldn't happen.

Offline NYCRedsFan

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destination Anfield(postponed)scratch that.Sorted
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2018, 04:10:38 pm »
It would be fabulous if this could be skyped or periscoped.  I recall the run-in for the Europa Cup when some supporters periscoped from Anfield Rd and I was able to follow it... I know it's a big ask with mobile bandwidth, charges and the like, but hopefully this will happen again...
Not your typical OOT. Do-er of good deeds.

Offline DittonScouse

• Boys Pen
  • 70's Koppite
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2018, 04:16:40 pm »
Blimey...... if its not one Manc team its another.....
At least we have not gone as far as this......  http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43484557

Possibly leave song sheet for "Cum Bye Ya" in the Shity End?

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2018, 06:29:08 pm »
We’ve already got one of them rattled lads [emoji23] https://twitter.com/thelowerkenny/status/976498310528798720?s=21

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2018, 06:45:04 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DzXDu0-i4k

Goosebumps, I hope we better that, seeing as how much these lot are whinging

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2018, 08:00:35 pm »
Fuck City & everything that goes with them,they're no different to when Chelsea came here in 2005 with their  same over inflated egos spouting the same shite..sure they are favourites but they will be given a better test in this game than any other that they could have drawn,win or lose over the 2 legs i know our boys will have given their all.
They will be met with a great reception from us en route..if they feel intimidated in any way i couldn't give two fucks.
Anyone who takes pyros know the risks & anyone intent on launching anything other than vociferous reds support at their bus will be on the wrong end of a left hook from me,that's not we are about so kindly fuck off with the thought if you have it.
Show them what a euro night is all about & do it the right way..the Liverpool way.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2018, 10:17:28 pm »
This is just going to make more people go down, make more people bring red smoke, make more people up for it, make the city players shit themselves even more.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2018, 11:01:13 pm »
Fuck City & everything that goes with them,they're no different to when Chelsea came here in 2005 with their  same over inflated egos spouting the same shite..sure they are favourites but they will be given a better test in this game than any other that they could have drawn,win or lose over the 2 legs i know our boys will have given their all.
They will be met with a great reception from us en route..if they feel intimidated in any way i couldn't give two fucks.
Anyone who takes pyros know the risks & anyone intent on launching anything other than vociferous reds support at their bus will be on the wrong end of a left hook from me,that's not we are about so kindly fuck off with the thought if you have it.
Show them what a euro night is all about & do it the right way..the Liverpool way.
100% spot on.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2018, 11:15:18 pm »
I peered into this thread this morning with a 'No!? Surely not! ;D' face. Went to work and got the 'so your lot out to create agro apparently?' type question... wtf?

They've a forum with 50+ pages running on it? :lmao

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2018, 05:52:14 am »
Stuart Brennan is a little cock-faced weasel. >:( Because of his cry-arse article and his continual shit-stirring on twitter, I have seen some of the vilest stuff posted and tweeted about the city of Liverpool, the club, scousers and in particular Hillsborough in a long, long time. >:(

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2018, 10:09:43 am »

Good post.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline owenbradsley

• Boys Pen
  • Believer
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2018, 11:03:19 am »

Couldn't agree more

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2018, 11:49:44 am »
Pack it in lad, no ones planning to start lobbing missiles or bricks at the coach ffs. If you’d ever turned up to these before you’d realise that it passes without incident and is a bit of a carnival type atmosphere

Who were the team we played a year or two back and one of their players filmed it from on their team bus? There were definately bottles and other objects hitting the windows. It's representative of about 0.1% of the fans who turned up but there's always a couple of dickheads.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2018, 11:52:07 am »
Such a precious little team and manager, cry to the league and put in official complaints cos their poor little precioius babies are getting tackled in matches, like no other player gets any rough treatment. And now crying to the police about this.

Pathetic.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2018, 11:55:37 am »
Who were the team we played a year or two back and one of their players filmed it from on their team bus? There were definately bottles and other objects hitting the windows. It's representative of about 0.1% of the fans who turned up but there's always a couple of dickheads.

Villarreal, although I don't remember the missiles to be honest.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854