Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 210766 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #520 on: February 10, 2020, 08:44:03 pm »
Got the Spiderman GOTY edition for 20 quid before, so gonna fire that up next...

That is a sweet game - the web swinging alone is worth the 20 squid  :D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #521 on: February 10, 2020, 11:11:45 pm »

I'm nudging my way through the story extremely slowly. I think I'm on Chapter 4 (in which there are three different branches of quests for information on the location of Myrinne) but I've already killed 70% of the cultists and I'm getting close to the top of the Mercenary ladder. There are definitely dialogue scenes which I skip my way through and missions which you get very much accustomed to but it's hard to get spectacular variety in such a vast game.

The setting makes up for much of the grind, and I totally agree with TL re horses. After RDR2 it's a breeze.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: February 11, 2020, 08:24:24 am »
Hammered the original Bioshock over the weekend, such an excellent game. Never played Infinite so will blitz through 1 & 2 and get onto that.

Also, I enjoyed AC a lot. Although I definitely preferred Origins to Odyssey, both can be overwhelming and I wasn't a massive fan of the huge emphasis on Naval combat in Odyssey mainly due to the era.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 08:26:41 am by Broad Spectrum »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #523 on: February 11, 2020, 10:06:57 am »
The setting makes up for much of the grind, and I totally agree with TL re horses. After RDR2 it's a breeze.

It went the other way for me, I played Odyssesy after playing RDR2 and couldn't stand it after the realism of Red Dead. I could also never seem to get my horse to follow the road and it'd always end up going in completely the wrong direction and getting stuck, though maybe I'm just shite ;D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #524 on: February 11, 2020, 10:12:47 am »
It went the other way for me, I played Odyssesy after playing RDR2 and couldn't stand it after the realism of Red Dead. I could also never seem to get my horse to follow the road and it'd always end up going in completely the wrong direction and getting stuck, though maybe I'm just shite ;D

I’ll admit to repeatedly pressing X to run with the horse after RDR2, then it starts running off down some random road i didn’t want it to ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #525 on: February 11, 2020, 10:17:58 am »
Hammered the original Bioshock over the weekend, such an excellent game. Never played Infinite so will blitz through 1 & 2 and get onto that.
One of my favourite gaming franchises/trilogies of all time. There is so much polish to the game, so many great ideas and oh my god is it gorgeous!

Would say Bioshock and Dead Space are my most replayed games...well besides BL2 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #526 on: February 11, 2020, 02:54:23 pm »
One of my favourite gaming franchises/trilogies of all time. There is so much polish to the game, so many great ideas and oh my god is it gorgeous!

Would say Bioshock and Dead Space are my most replayed games...well besides BL2 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. All 3 remastered on the PS4 looks so good (and on PS+ this month along with Sims 4)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: February 12, 2020, 10:12:51 am »
Been playing Unchartered Lost Legacy the last days on PS Now.

The only Unchartered game i never got round to buying.

Nice one. The only one I've not played either

Think Ill get this after I finish God of War.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: February 12, 2020, 11:52:17 am »
I’m after a decent racing game on Xbox, any recommendations? Tried Forza Horizon 4 but it felt like the track is made out of jelly as I kept slipping on corners. Project Cars 2 is horrible, can’t turn corners unless I’m doing 1mph and it’s just too technical.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: February 12, 2020, 03:01:02 pm »
I’m after a decent racing game on Xbox, any recommendations? Tried Forza Horizon 4 but it felt like the track is made out of jelly as I kept slipping on corners. Project Cars 2 is horrible, can’t turn corners unless I’m doing 1mph and it’s just too technical.

Horizon is a more arcade style racer using the Forza engine. The more technical game (although not as technical as Project Cars) is Forza Motorsport

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #530 on: February 12, 2020, 03:12:49 pm »
What kind of racing games have you liked in the past?

Forza Horizon 4 is an arcade racer with ot drift mechanics but it's about as accessible as you can get on xbox one. All the other arcade racers have similar styles, I cant see you enjoying rally games like dirt or the f1 games if you dont enjoy the physics of FH4 and PC2 respectively.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: February 12, 2020, 04:37:14 pm »
Burnout Paradise Remastered

or

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed :wave

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: February 13, 2020, 10:04:48 am »
Horizon is a more arcade style racer using the Forza engine. The more technical game (although not as technical as Project Cars) is Forza Motorsport
What are the physics like on Forza 7? Might give it a go if it’s anything like Gran Turismo which has always been my favourite

What kind of racing games have you liked in the past?

Forza Horizon 4 is an arcade racer with ot drift mechanics but it's about as accessible as you can get on xbox one. All the other arcade racers have similar styles, I cant see you enjoying rally games like dirt or the f1 games if you dont enjoy the physics of FH4 and PC2 respectively.
Yeah it's the drift aspect that I can't get used to. I’ve always loved Gran Turismo and the TOCA games, only reason I got an Xbox is to play FH4 as I heard great things but now I’m thinking I might switch back to PS4.

Burnout Paradise Remastered

or

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed :wave
Nice one, will give those a try. Also downloaded a demo of Gravel which is surprisingly fun

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #533 on: February 13, 2020, 11:09:25 am »
The mainline forza games are the closest you will get to Gran Turismo.

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: February 13, 2020, 12:01:20 pm »
FM7 is as close to a GT game you'll get. I personally think they are better overall than anything other than GT2. Think they can be picked up quite cheap

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #535 on: February 17, 2020, 06:26:29 pm »
Mentioned earlier in this thread id picked up Spiderman GOTY edit for 20 quid, fired it up yesterday , and oh my, what a fking masterpiece this is so far! The web slinging and the opening mission with the kingpin were superb, how did i miss this on launch in 2018????? great stuff so far!
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: February 18, 2020, 08:15:35 am »
Mentioned earlier in this thread id picked up Spiderman GOTY edit for 20 quid, fired it up yesterday , and oh my, what a fking masterpiece this is so far! The web slinging and the opening mission with the kingpin were superb, how did i miss this on launch in 2018????? great stuff so far!

Knew you'd like it  ;D it's absolutely boss. I love doing acrobatics in between swings!

I reckon Spiderman 2 is gonna help launch the PS5

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #537 on: February 22, 2020, 06:47:43 pm »
Not sure where else to post this.

If you're into your nostalgia, especially sega, you may like this book.

https://twitter.com/mikko/status/1230423986288369665

Looks pretty cool.  Theres a better video on gamingbible on facebook if you want a better look.  I remember pretty much all these games, showing my ripe old age!

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: February 25, 2020, 12:12:25 pm »
Holy fuck! In the space of about 5 weeks...

TD2 - DLC, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Doom Eternal, Control DLC, Resi Evil 3, FFVII all drop! Busy busy busy ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: February 25, 2020, 02:18:49 pm »
Holy fuck! In the space of about 5 weeks...

TD2 - DLC, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Doom Eternal, Control DLC, Resi Evil 3, FFVII all drop! Busy busy busy ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Always happens at the end of a console generation. Especially with Sony

I remember when the PS2 was announced that they released FF9 for the PS1

Feels like a very good your for gaming

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #540 on: February 26, 2020, 07:53:04 am »
for the first time in ages I'm taking the day off work to play a video game on launch day. Can't wait for Doom Eternal. Even though it sounds like there's a lot more platforming in this one (which I don't much like the sound of)
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: February 27, 2020, 09:04:49 am »
Currently playing through Yakuza 0 now it's been released on Xbox. Thought I'd hate it after the opening scenes and early gameplay but I absolutely love it

Offline db1animal

• Anny Roader
« Reply #542 on: February 27, 2020, 10:36:41 am »
Short Answer:
Replayed TLOU last weekend, been playing Two Point Hospital since it’s release on PS4 on Tuesday

Long Answer:
Growing up in the 90’s I had an Amiga 600 then eventually a PS, Sim City, Theme Park, Theme Hospital & Final Fantasy VII defines my gaming memories.
Being a console only single player gamer (PS4) the last few years of GTA, RDR2, The Last of Us (which I replayed last weekend, still so emotionally powerful), Horizon Zero Dawn, God Of War, Spider-Man, and even Days Gone, have been my gaming bread and butter and throughly enjoyed them (and the guilty pleasure that is most Lego games), but getting Cities Skylines (modern version Sim City) late 2018 really brought back games that were for so long only able to run on PC.

My hype and anticipation of the FFVII remake is off the charts it looks incredible and have booked 2 weeks off work to enjoy, plus TLOU part II & Ghost of Tsushima to follow make for a potentially great year of games*, however Planet Coaster coming to consoles this summer will devour hundreds of hours, and this week the release of Two Point Hospital on console has given me a brilliant diversion from the FFVII remake anticipation to disappear into for a few weeks.

The ability of console gaming to now include traditional sim genre games and the attention they’re getting from the developers to configure them for console gaming namely controller controls over mouse and keyboard is hugely appreciated. Plus the release of new consoles at the end of the year already touting backwards compatibility and up scaling its a great time to be a gamer.

* I know that Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be incredible and I enjoyed what I’ve played of the Witcher 3, keep meaning to go back and play more, but for me Cyberpunk is a lesser interest, will almost certainly purchase at some point but I struggle to get into and enjoy 1st person perspective games.
Boston Strong. JTF96.  YNWA

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: February 27, 2020, 10:49:57 am »
Ghost of Tsushima
It looks amazing but I'm also somewhat dubious they will deliver...hope they smash it out of the park though!

I'm also looking forward to Witchfire, a game made by The Astronauts (The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Bulletstorm), but there's still no release date beyond 2020 :'(

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: February 27, 2020, 12:37:02 pm »
Two Point Hospital is fantastic. Plays so well on console and is so much fun

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: February 27, 2020, 12:49:00 pm »
for the first time in ages I'm taking the day off work to play a video game on launch day. Can't wait for Doom Eternal. Even though it sounds like there's a lot more platforming in this one (which I don't much like the sound of)

I can't wait for Doom Eternal  :D Haha a day off work for it, hmm, that's got me thinking...

I hate FPS platforming but think this will do it well, for a few reasons. That super shotgun grapple hook looks boss, but a few previews mention how easy it is to get around, Doom Slayer can go vertically and climb and double jump, so hopefully the platforming isn't awkward but simply just about verticality in a shooter

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #546 on: February 27, 2020, 12:58:16 pm »
Yep, always dubious about the controls and menus on these games, but they’re excellent on this.

Gameplay is basically just Theme Hospital, so that’s a winner.
AHA!

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #547 on: February 28, 2020, 01:12:49 am »
Messing around with Battlestar Galactica Deadlock. Turnbased WEGO tactical space combat with a light 4x-ish strategy layer. It's alright. Wish I could put the TV show's music into the game. The devs have put a lot into trying to finesse it since release a fair while back but still find the UI a bit clunky, and it still irritates that ships can't rotate on their own axis. Does catch the vibe of the remake series so that's a positive.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #548 on: February 28, 2020, 11:48:20 am »
I can't wait for Doom Eternal  :D Haha a day off work for it, hmm, that's got me thinking...

I hate FPS platforming but think this will do it well, for a few reasons. That super shotgun grapple hook looks boss, but a few previews mention how easy it is to get around, Doom Slayer can go vertically and climb and double jump, so hopefully the platforming isn't awkward but simply just about verticality in a shooter
I loved Doom 2016, but for some reason the more I see of Eternal, the less enthused I am.  It just seems to chaotic and lacking any sense of "dark" atmosphere that 2016 had.  Bright childish neon things everywhere, 100mph gameplay....I don't know. Maybe I'm just getting old!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: February 28, 2020, 03:37:00 pm »
I loved Doom 2016, but for some reason the more I see of Eternal, the less enthused I am.  It just seems to chaotic and lacking any sense of "dark" atmosphere that 2016 had.  Bright childish neon things everywhere, 100mph gameplay....I don't know. Maybe I'm just getting old!
I thought the same thing for the 2016 version. To me, Eternal has more of the classic Doom DNA in it than the first one, but that's mostly down to how they changed a lot of the demon and weapon designs, and things like the classic rad suit and armour pickups. The Doomguy looks more like himself rather than a Master Chief knock off. Still, I agree, I'd rather have something like the PSX or N64 versions atmosphere. Not a fan of that rock metal/dubstep bollocks they use for music now either, and as you say, it's just too fast. The Aubrey Hodges ambient score is probably still the best in any game I've ever heard. It completely transformed the original for the better, even if it's not as iconic as the original midi music.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: March 2, 2020, 07:46:19 am »

I see what you mean; I think it'll be overwhelming for some, balls-to-the-wall, maybe so demanding it's exhausting. A few previews decry how beautiful the environments are - because you don't get to stop to look about.

That's what I want though! Non-stop mayhem that needs my co-ordination at its best.

As Macphisto80 mentioned, the more faithful monster designs etc. are a huge positive.

I loved the soundtrack of Doom 2016 - it's underrated, really creative. As for the original Doom I/II - the music was basically MIDI versions of metal back in the day! "Shawn's got the Shotgun" is just Slayer's "South of Heaven"  ;D

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #551 on: March 2, 2020, 10:23:25 am »
I see what you mean; I think it'll be overwhelming for some, balls-to-the-wall, maybe so demanding it's exhausting. A few previews decry how beautiful the environments are - because you don't get to stop to look about.

That's what I want though! Non-stop mayhem that needs my co-ordination at its best.

As Macphisto80 mentioned, the more faithful monster designs etc. are a huge positive.

I loved the soundtrack of Doom 2016 - it's underrated, really creative. As for the original Doom I/II - the music was basically MIDI versions of metal back in the day! "Shawn's got the Shotgun" is just Slayer's "South of Heaven"  ;D

I'm not sure if it's a pre-order exclusive or not but you're also getting the classic Doom 64 with Doom Eternal as well
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: March 2, 2020, 10:32:18 am »
I'm not sure if it's a pre-order exclusive or not but you're also getting the classic Doom 64 with Doom Eternal as well

Ace! Never played that  :)

Classic weapon stuff as well. Thank god for CDKeys - where the deluxe version costs the same as the standard does everywhere else!

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: March 2, 2020, 03:16:50 pm »
Oh I installed Long War of the Chosen for Xcom 2 at the weekend

It's amazing, totally rejuvenated Xcom 2  :D

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: March 3, 2020, 12:59:05 am »
Did anyone play Snake Pass? It just went off Xbox Game Pass, not before I completed it. I hated the game for an hour because the controls were so unlike anything I've ever played before, but then it just 'clicked' and I couldn't put it down. Really fun gameplay and lovely graphics style.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: March 9, 2020, 07:31:18 pm »
Two Point Hospital. Plays exactly like the old Theme Hospital from the 90's

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: March 9, 2020, 11:47:51 pm »

Aye, been playing this on Xbox the past week or so since it hit Gamepass. Definitely reminds me of the old Theme Hospital and Theme Park games. Simple and fun. I am mainly playing sim games these days, I have accepted I’m too slow now for online and shooters. I am enjoying my gaming again, having left the frustration and rage behind.

Two Point Hospital
Cities Skylines
Stellaris
Farm Together
Elite Dangerous

They are my current installs. Still intend to play through RDR2 again though. I will also give Planetfall a go in the near future.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2020, 11:49:37 pm by Kage »

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #557 on: March 13, 2020, 04:47:29 pm »
Not played anything for ages but might get back into some Far Cry to start getting my head round some apocalyptic scenarios, importance of scavenging and foraging etc.

Start off with 3/4/5 and if things take a turn for the worse then it might have to be Primal.
Legacy fan

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #558 on: March 13, 2020, 06:29:51 pm »
Gonna dig out Street Fighter 2 this weekend.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #559 on: March 14, 2020, 09:27:58 am »
Whats everyone's idea of gaming fun during this crisis then? I've got Animal Crossing pre-ordered for the Switch and hopefully thats some wholesome reassurance in these troubling times.

This year I have finished Jedi Fallen Order and Anthem (which was a gift for Xmas so I was obligated to play it, what a load of crap it was). Genuinely considering getting the PS3 out and playing Mass Effect trilogy again (or something along those lines) while I wait for work to shut up shop at some point soon.