Author Topic: GAA Thread 2010  (Read 197142 times)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
Re: GAA Thread 2010
« Reply #1920 on: August 18, 2010, 10:13:44 pm »
Dublin aren't selling games out this year though, hence them not getting the standalone for the quarters.

Thats because their fans thought it was only a matter of time before they got another beating similar to the one Meath gave them

Now that they're in the semi, they'll all be back out in full numbers. I'll actually be suprised if this isn't full on Sunday
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1921 on: August 18, 2010, 10:18:33 pm »
Thats because their fans thought it was only a matter of time before they got another beating similar to the one Meath gave them

Now that they're in the semi, they'll all be back out in full numbers. I'll actually be suprised if this isn't full on Sunday

and theres a recession

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1922 on: August 18, 2010, 10:24:19 pm »
Dublin aren't selling games out this year though, hence them not getting the standalone for the quarters.

The gaa are anticapating a sell out and I agree, as billy said the fair weather crowd will be there and Cork should bring between 15,000 to 20,000, which would have been more had the hurlers not played last week.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1923 on: August 18, 2010, 10:25:52 pm »
The gaa are anticapating a sell out and I agree, as billy said the fair weather crowd will be there and Cork should bring between 15,000 to 20,000, which would have been more had the hurlers not played last week.

Don't say that, you'll get BTK started on the "damn us being so good at both codes" :P
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Fontaine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1924 on: August 18, 2010, 10:29:48 pm »
Clearly the rebels are going to win you knack. Can someone do Irish society a favour and nuke Hill 16 on sunday, fucking shower of junkies. ;D

Get out of it you absolute freak out nature and go back to cork.  Dubs 4 point + win.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1925 on: August 18, 2010, 10:30:42 pm »

and theres a recession

Thats a wank excuse didi and you know it. Dont even try to pull that one lad, because you'll make yourself look a tit if you do

Plenty of other counties have drawn equally if not better followings than Dublin this year.

The vast majority of Dubs have fuck all travel costs except for a couple of quid to hop on a Bus to O'Connell Street. Thats a damn sight cheaper than the 58 euro I and many others forked out last week to get the train up. I'm sure many spent in around the 40 euro mark too on petrol to drive up. Numerous other counties are also in the same boat as Cork.

So dont go giving it the poor mouth in order to excuse the fact that the majority of your fanbase are bandwagon jumping whoppers. I aint having that, no fooking way, and I'll bet the majority of people in this thread (those outside of Dublin at least) will back me 110% on this one
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1926 on: August 18, 2010, 10:31:09 pm »
Doesn't matter which of you win, we're gonna beat Kildare and batter ye in the final.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1927 on: August 18, 2010, 10:34:53 pm »
Cork should bring between 15,000 to 20,000, which would have been more had the hurlers not played last week.

This is true. I can barely afford to go on Sunday. There was a group of 12 of us at the hurling last week

Only 3 of us are going Sunday :(

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1928 on: August 18, 2010, 10:39:52 pm »
Thats a wank excuse didi and you know it. Dont even try to pull that one lad, because you'll make yourself look a tit if you do

Plenty of other counties have drawn equally if not better followings than Dublin this year.

The vast majority of Dubs have fuck all travel costs except for a couple of quid to hop on a Bus to O'Connell Street. Thats a damn sight cheaper than the 58 euro I and many others forked out last week to get the train up. I'm sure many spent in around the 40 euro mark too on petrol to drive up. Numerous other counties are also in the same boat as Cork.

So dont go giving it the poor mouth in order to excuse the fact that the majority of your fanbase are bandwagon jumping whoppers. I aint having that, no fooking way, and I'll bet the majority of people in this thread (those outside of Dublin at least) will back me 110% on this one

check dublins attendances the last 5 years from the Leinsters right thru to when we were knocked out and let me know then why its so different this year

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1929 on: August 18, 2010, 11:00:33 pm »
check dublins attendances the last 5 years from the Leinsters right thru to when we were knocked out and let me know then why its so different this year

Im not quiet sure what you're trying to get at here

Dublin have been the most supported team in football in the last 5 years. Croke Park has been near full during each semi and final of your 5 previous successful Leinster campaigns. As well as the games you played in the AI series. When you were winning, the support was out in force. When it appeared that you lot had hit the rocks so to speak this year, most of that support stayed away. The only ones that did bother to turn up were bringing banners asking for Gilroy to get the chop. Now that you lot are in the semi's and the garden is rosey again, the stay-awayers will no doubt be back out in force on Sunday. Spare me the recession arguement, it doesn't stand up

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1930 on: August 18, 2010, 11:04:18 pm »
Im not quiet sure what you're trying to get at here

Dublin have been the most supported team in football in the last 5 years. Croke Park has been near full during each semi and final of your 5 previous successful Leinster campaigns. As well as the games you played in the AI series. When you were winning, the support was out in force. When it appeared that you lot had hit the rocks so to speak this year, most of that support stayed away. The only ones that did bother to turn up were bringing banners asking for Gilroy to get the chop. Now that you lot are in the semi's and the garden is rosey again, the stay-awayers will no doubt be back out in force on Sunday. Spare me the recession arguement, it doesn't stand up

one flag billy get over that one will ye, majority of bubs are behind gilroy i know

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1931 on: August 18, 2010, 11:12:11 pm »
one flag billy get over that one will ye, majority of bubs are behind gilroy i know

Well if I promise to apologise for my sweeping generalisation about the flag, will you promise to be courteous enough to reciprocate? by apologising for your sweeping generalisation? you know, the one about the recession being the cause for half your fan base walking out on your team? Because lets face it, you're arguement doesn't stand up. I know it, and every other match going person who frequents this thread knows it.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1932 on: August 18, 2010, 11:32:03 pm »
Well if I promise to apologise for my sweeping generalisation about the flag, will you promise to be courteous enough to reciprocate? by apologising for your sweeping generalisation? you know, the one about the recession being the cause for half your fan base walking out on your team? Because lets face it, you're arguement doesn't stand up. I know it, and every other match going person who frequents this thread knows it.

we all have our fair share of fair weather fans and Dublin I agree more so then any county due to the large support we have but this year i do put down the low attendences alot with the recession...yes we were winning leinster titles for five years but we were also filling croker there abouts for first round games and also suffered humilating defeats along the way and still turned up the following year in huge numbers....dont get me wrong sunday will be more or less sold out with dubs but we dont derserve to beat tarnished with a fickle fan brush were every other year bar this year we have always turned up considering we havint won Sam in 15 years,
Seems to me theres alot of lads and lasses in this thread who not from the capital like to give it up to the dubs, but alot of what they say is bull....mind you Billy i cant say your one of them as your posts are fairly balanced (most of the time)

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1933 on: August 18, 2010, 11:32:34 pm »

and theres a recession

Frankly thats just an insult. Try making the trip from the wilds of the Black Valley our the darkest depths of Iveragh. You Dubs dont have a clue!

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1934 on: August 18, 2010, 11:47:53 pm »
we all have our fair share of fair weather fans and Dublin I agree more so then any county due to the large support we have but this year i do put down the low attendences alot with the recession...yes we were winning leinster titles for five years but we were also filling croker there abouts for first round games and also suffered humilating defeats along the way and still turned up the following year in huge numbers....dont get me wrong sunday will be more or less sold out with dubs but we dont derserve to beat tarnished with a fickle fan brush were every other year bar this year we have always turned up considering we havint won Sam in 15 years,
Seems to me theres alot of lads and lasses in this thread who not from the capital like to give it up to the dubs, but alot of what they say is bull....mind you Billy i cant say your one of them as your posts are fairly balanced (most of the time)

didi, with all due repect, you've kind of shot your own arguement down there with that post. Yes Dublin have filled out Croke Park in nearly every game they have played there in the last 5 years. And yes you filled Croker when you were badly beaten by Tyrone and Kerry. But the thing is, those beatings (to Kerry and Tyrone) signalled the end of the campaign for you. Thats was it, you were out, there were no more games to follow.

The Meath defeat on the other hand was not the end of the campaign, you still had the qualifiers to embark upon. Yet all of a sudden the Dublin support nose dived. A lot of the Dublin fanbase were no longer arsed to attend when it appeared that your team were only 1 game away from the next beating. As it has transpired, the Dublin footballers have proved the pessimism of many of your fans to be wrong. And in a way I doff my hat to them.

I just find it hard to believe that the majority of the 60,000+ Dubs due to arrive on Croker on Sunday were abscent in previous games due to the recession. The truth of the matter is, they didn't believe in their team after witnessing the defeat to Meath so they stayed away. Now that they are 70 minutes away from a possible final appearance, they have decided to start supporting again. For what its worth though, I certainly don't put you in the same bracket as the fair weather gang. I trust you are loyal to the Dublin cause, through good and bad times. Alas, I look forward to Sunday, regardless of who or how many show up

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1935 on: August 18, 2010, 11:51:08 pm »

and theres a recession

He's got half a point there. I live ten minutes walk from the Park in Cork and I brought my young fella down for some game or other recently. They wanted €20 for him and €25 for me for the stand and he's 8. Terrace suited us fine (€5 for him, €20 for me) as the game wasn't that crowded. Still, if you want to bring two kids and sit down plus a couple of cokes, you're looking at no change from €70. 

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1936 on: August 18, 2010, 11:52:27 pm »
Yeah had we had to pay for that first game back in Ballybofey in May it would have cost us 75 euro for the 3 of us to sit.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1937 on: August 19, 2010, 12:02:40 am »
He's got half a point there. I live ten minutes walk from the Park in Cork and I brought my young fella down for some game or other recently. They wanted €20 for him and €25 for me for the stand and he's 8. Terrace suited us fine (€5 for him, €20 for me) as the game wasn't that crowded. Still, if you want to bring two kids and sit down plus a couple of cokes, you're looking at no change from €70. 

There's no doubt that the recent dwindling attendences around the country can be attributed to the recession. But the recession kicked in long before Dublin met Meath this summer. The notion that Dublins attendences nose dived this year due to the recession is bollox IMO. Their fanbase is by far and away the biggest in the country, there is afterall roughly 1.8 million of them. If you want to seek an explanation to Dublins recent dwindling in attendences, then I think you'll find it correlates far more with their teams recent results as opposed to the state of the economy

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1938 on: August 19, 2010, 12:10:48 am »
Jeffiner I'll be an Antrim supporter from next year on. I'm expecting you take me to a lot of Ulster games, provided you have hot mates of course :)

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1939 on: August 19, 2010, 12:12:43 am »
Gonna be in France from end of September (which is why I'm still up cos I'm doing my resignation letter) so find someone else.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1940 on: August 19, 2010, 12:32:43 am »
Gonna be in France from end of September (which is why I'm still up cos I'm doing my resignation letter) so find someone else.

Are you turning me down? You slag :P

Offline Spirit_of_Istanbul

• 100ş Proof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1941 on: August 19, 2010, 12:17:40 pm »
Clearly the rebels are going to win you knack. Can someone do Irish society a favour and nuke Hill 16 on sunday, fucking shower of junkies. ;D

How is it clear? You know nothing about GAA and barely know where Croker is so I will not be listening to any of your comments.
"There is no one, anywhere in the world, at any stage, who is any bigger or any better than this football club."

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1942 on: August 19, 2010, 12:22:49 pm »
How is it clear? You know nothing about GAA and barely know where Croker is so I will not be listening to any of your comments.

Word of advice

You don't have to take everything you read on the interweb uber seriously :wave

• 100ş Proof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1943 on: August 19, 2010, 12:32:22 pm »

I love the way the call the Dubs fair weather fans when we are the only county that actually ever comes close to filling croker. The only other time it's full is for the finals, but you never hear anything about other counties being fair weather fans, it's just the dubs as usual. Every county has it's fair weather fans not just Dublin
"There is no one, anywhere in the world, at any stage, who is any bigger or any better than this football club."

• 100ş Proof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1944 on: August 19, 2010, 12:38:05 pm »
Word of advice

You don't have to take everything you read on the interweb uber seriously :wave

I'm having  a go at him as he's a (so called!!) mate, it's banter, But he actually doesn't have a clue, hating all things dublin and been living here for 30yrs. Likes to think he follows cork but this will prob be his 2nd time in crokers in 3 years!

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1945 on: August 19, 2010, 12:46:29 pm »
I love the way the call the Dubs fair weather fans when we are the only county that actually ever comes close to filling croker. The only other time it's full is for the finals, but you never hear anything about other counties being fair weather fans, it's just the dubs as usual. Every county has it's fair weather fans not just Dublin

The 2 main reasons why Dublin fill Croker is because

1. There is over a million and a half people living in Dublin, hence you have the largest fanbase
2. It costs the majority of Dubs only a couple of quid to get to travel to games, a luxury which the rest of us don't have

I agree that every county has its fair weather fans. But weather you want to admit it or not, Dublin has more fair weather fans than any other county. And this summer was glaring proof. You're all very quick to go beating your own drums telling everyone thats willing to listen about how the Dubs always fill Croker. Thats all fine and well when you're winning Leinster titles year on year. But the truth is, after Meath spanked you lot early in the championship this year, most of you decided to stay away. Your attendences after that game would just about have filled Parnell Park. So dont go giving it the whole "we're the only ones who fill Croker" line as if youre some sort of die hards that are more loyal than the rest of us, because you're talking out of your fucking arse
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 12:54:27 pm by Billy The Kid. »

• 100ş Proof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1946 on: August 19, 2010, 01:18:51 pm »

1. There is over a million and a half people living in Dublin, hence you have the largest fanbase
2. It costs the majority of Dubs only a couple of quid to get to travel to games, a luxury which the rest of us don't have

I agree that every county has its fair weather fans. But weather you want to admit it or not, Dublin has more fair weather fans than any other county. And this summer was glaring proof. You're all very quick to go beating your own drums telling everyone thats willing to listen about how the Dubs always fill Croker. Thats all fine and well when you're winning Leinster titles year on year. But the truth is, after Meath spanked you lot early in the championship this year, most of you decided to stay away. Your attendences after that game would just about have filled Parnell Park. So dont go giving it the whole "we're the only ones who fill Croker" line as if youre some sort of die hards that are more loyal than the rest of us, because you're talking out of your fucking arse

You are unreal, Of the 1.2 m people living in Dublin do all of them follow Dublin GAA? No I don't think so. There are a lot of country folk and foreigners who have no interest in what Dublin do. The majoprity of peole down the country are from that county  so you are talking out your arse on that one.

Ticket prices are still the same price if you are from Dublin or Cork so you are only talking about travel costs whihc fair enough ican be expensive. Dublin don't moan about costs when they have to travel tho, they actually look forward to it.

Maybe have a look at the attendance between Cork and Limerick before talking to me aboput loyalty

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1947 on: August 19, 2010, 01:24:26 pm »
at least the Dubs spent a few bob at the match and have a few drinks and leave the flask of tea and sambo's at home
Like Mary says not everyone in Dublin supports GAA

I was in Carlow a few year back when we played Offaly and there was more Dubs there then Kerry, Cork, Kilkenny fans that attend an All Ireland semi final

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1948 on: August 19, 2010, 01:27:18 pm »

Billy Cork are shite travellers, and you cant even fill Pairc Ui Chaoimaoih ffs....Kerry are worse supporters. Dublin lost to Westmeath 6 year ago in the championship and still filled Croker after that....you dont even know the capacity of Parnell Park so dont go there....your backed up by the majority on these thread cause like it or not its 31 v 1 when it comes to the Dubs

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1949 on: August 19, 2010, 02:11:53 pm »
You are unreal, Of the 1.2 m people living in Dublin do all of them follow Dublin GAA? No I don't think so. There are a lot of country folk and foreigners who have no interest in what Dublin do. The majoprity of peole down the country are from that county  so you are talking out your arse on that one.

Obviously not everyone living in Dublin follows GAA. But having over a million people is a pretty big catchment area, wouldn't you agree? Even if only 1 out of every 20 people followed it, you'ld still have enough to fill Croke Park. And I think it's pretty safe to say the ratio is far more than 1:20. So its easy for you to fill Croker, especially as it's on your doorstep

As for your ridiculous comment about people down the country being from that county, I suggest you rethink that one before you go accusing me of talking out of my arse. That has got to be one of the most retarded things I've read in this thread. Of that at least, you can be proud. Seeing as you fancy yourself as an authority on demographics, care to take a stab at how many polish people live in Cork? Or Brazilians in Galway? Or the black community in Ennis Co. Clare?

Ticket prices are still the same price if you are from Dublin or Cork so you are only talking about travel costs whihc fair enough ican be expensive. Dublin don't moan about costs when they have to travel tho, they actually look forward to it.

Firstly, I'm not moaning about travel costs. I enjoy the day out. But the thing is, by the time I get home on Sunday evening, I'll have spent over 200 euro on travelling costs alone this summer following Cork. That is solely on travelling. It doesn't include match tickets. You see its easy for you and didi to claim you and the rest of Dublin look forward to travelling and that you never moan about the costs, but your need for travelling is rare. I bet my travel costs this summer alone is more than yours and didis combined in the last 5 years. "Fair enough it can be expensive" ? Can be? There is no fucking "can be" about it. It is expensive and is always expensive

Maybe have a look at the attendance between Cork and Limerick before talking to me aboput loyalty

See, now you've gone and made yourself look an even bigger tit and opened a can of worms for yourself.

Seeing as you are so quick to mention the attendance at the Cork and Limerick game, could you please enlighten my not so knowledgeable self and tell me how many of you and your Croker filling compatriots turned up to watch your hurlers in the Leinster semi final? You really ought to think before you type. 2 can play this game fuck chops

Billy Cork are shite travellers, and you cant even fill Pairc Ui Chaoimaoih ffs....Kerry are worse supporters. Dublin lost to Westmeath 6 year ago in the championship and still filled Croker after that....you dont even know the capacity of Parnell Park so dont go there....your backed up by the majority on these thread cause like it or not its 31 v 1 when it comes to the Dubs

didi up until this year, Pairc Ui Chaoimh has been full every time our Hurlers have played a Championship game there. To be fair, our Hurlers are probably the best supported hurling team in the country. I honestly do not recall the last time we were out numbered at a championship match. There was 45,000 at the hurling semi, and I can guarantee you that at least 30,000 were from Cork, even though we knew in all likelyhood we were in for a hiding off Kilkenny. Thats a pretty good number considering.

But as a said earlier, its easy to go labelling Cork and Kerry supporters as shite travellers, especially when they play more games outside of their county every summer than Dublin have done in the last decade. I don't deny that Dublin have brought decent attendences around the country over the years. But your need for travel is rare.

Just out of curiousity, could you tell me how many championship games you have attended outside of Dublin in the last 10 years? Because I bet whatever the number is, myself or KERRYKOP have probably travelled to more away games this summer alone. Its easy to bring a big attendence the odd time you have to play outside of Dublin. But try doing it all summer every summer, you'ld quickly change your tune
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 02:14:58 pm by Billy The Kid. »

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1950 on: August 19, 2010, 03:12:44 pm »
The ignorance shown by the two lads is mind boggling. If they honestly think that Kerry and Cork supporters are on a level playing field with Dublin as far as match attendance go they're ovbiously retarted.

As for travelling for games, I'm lucky if I get to  two games at home in any given year, for instance in 2009 I travelled to Cork, Longford, Tullamore, and after that Dubin 3 times. I would be afraid to add up the combined cost. To call me and the people I make that journey with "shite supporters" is insulting and I would like an apology.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:14:45 pm by KERRYKOP »

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1951 on: August 19, 2010, 03:47:37 pm »
Just for fun I totted up the combined mileage that my 2001 Golf did last year following the Kingdom in the championship, it was aproximetdly 1910.094 miles. Just to put it into perspective that would be enough to drive from Liverpool to Sicily I wonder would the vast majority of Dubs would be up for that.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 04:00:33 pm by KERRYKOP »

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1952 on: August 19, 2010, 03:54:59 pm »
Just for fun I totted up the combined mileage that my 2001 Golf did last year following the Kingdom in the championship, it was aproximetdly 1910,094 miles. Just to put it into perspective that would be enough to drive from Liverpool to Sicily I wonder would the vast majority of Dubs would be up for that.

Actually, that would be enough to drive to the Moon and back four times.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1953 on: August 19, 2010, 04:00:07 pm »
Actually, that would be enough to drive to the Moon and back four times.

Excellant "point"

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1954 on: August 19, 2010, 06:24:31 pm »
To be honest, Kerry win it so often they can't afford to travel every year. :P

YNWA Rafa.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1955 on: August 19, 2010, 07:05:29 pm »
To be honest, Kerry win it so often they can't afford to travel every year. :P

Honestly that is a factor, there's no novelty in Kerry being in Croke Park, its actully a novelty this year that we wont be there in the later stages

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1956 on: August 19, 2010, 07:16:34 pm »
First time you've failed to reach the semi finals since 1999 isnt it? (and back then there was no back door)

YNWA Rafa.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1957 on: August 19, 2010, 07:38:31 pm »
First time you've failed to reach the semi finals since 1999 isnt it? (and back then there was no back door)

That is correct, I dont no what to do with myself. Drinking on the street this weekend for the lovely girls compatition should sort me out, hopefully the weather holds up. It never does, but thats part of the fun of it.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1958 on: August 19, 2010, 07:39:52 pm »
That is correct, I dont no what to do with myself. Drinking on the street this weekend for the lovely girls compatition should sort me out, hopefully the weather holds up. It never does, but thats part of the fun of it.

Is that this weekend? Down Rose is from Newry, apparently I used to work with her boyfriend.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Razorblade

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1959 on: August 19, 2010, 07:42:14 pm »

And about 5 of the Dubs fans travel anywhere, you barely fill Parnell park for your league games. Fair weather fans the Dubs...Cork brought about 20-25,000 for the hurling against Kilkenny even though all and sundry said they would get a beating and they duly got one but still showed up.

Dublin will be up against it on Sunday and Corks experience in the past few years should see them through with a few points to spare