Author Topic: Match Preview: Liverpool vs. Crystal Palace [Saturday 19 August, K.O. 15:00]  (Read 33384 times)

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
Having to rest Mane is exactly the fucking reason we should be buying a cover speedster. One to sit on the bench and rotate. Not square pegs in round holes eg dropping Firmino back.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline dangerpuss

• A bit like bagpuss. But more.....um.....dangerous.....um.....
  • Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
I'd like to see Ryan Kent start. Having genuine pace and width on both flanks is important when playing these sorts of teams. Origi won't stay wide.

I think he'll start Sturridge upfront with Firmino on the left. I hope he rests at least one of the midfield three. Miller in for Hendo. Woodburn on the bench because he's probably one of the few link players we have in the absence of Kalpana and Coutinho. I'm not sure if Grujic can do that.

Mugs
Moreno Lovren Matip Trent
Can Milner
Gini
Mo Studge Firmino

I'd like:

Migs
Moreno Lovren Matip Trent
Can Grujic
Woodburn
Mo Firmino Kent

I don't think he'll start more than one youngster in midfield.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:52:11 am by dangerpuss »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Having to rest Mane is exactly the fucking reason we should be buying a cover speedster. One to sit on the bench and rotate. Not square pegs in round holes eg dropping Firmino back.
Err.. Salah...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
What I worry about is the obvious political coup an attack on a football game, especially a Premier League or Champions League game would be.  I'm not trying to spread panic but please, be vigilant at all games home or away and without going over the top, it's wise to notice anything unusual you might see and if you think it's out of place, don't feel daft reporting it. 

Be careful out there! 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Hope and cope. As the man himself says we'll be fine if we get no injuries. So if we don't sign anyone I can only assume we aren't going to get injuries this season. Which is brilliant news
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yep, we are pretty desperate for one in my opinion, shocked at the lack of links (well not really, leaving ourselves short is what we do) but something like Saturday - Salah/Boss new guy, midweek - Mane/Salah, Saturday - Mane/Boss new guy or whatever variation would be great, keeps everyone fresh but also everyone gets plenty of game time and gives us a quality sub. Instead we've got nothing but a load of strikers to put out of position, or Kent who's not even been trusted enough to make the bench yet. Coutinho is an option when he stops feigning injury I suppose but then he can't really be moved with Lallana's injury sooooo..!  ;D

Anyway, hopefully we can beat these, get through in the CL then finally do something in the transfer market.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
We should play the strongest side we can. This is a game where we must get three points. I expect the same eleven again. Possibly with one or at most two changes. For example Milner in for Henderson.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
Still hurts the defeat against this lot last season. I believe the team is ready to whoop 'em good! 2-0 for us.

Online Believe

• Legacy Fan
Think Sturridge will start this one, looking forward to it - we should win comfortably

Offline Koplad83

• Main Stander
We're gonna smash these no marks 8) 5-0 to the red men. This is no time for doubters, get behind the lads and they'll reward us with a cracking performance!

Offline heylookitsjacob

• 's Cream Crackers
  • Anny Roader
Yep, we are pretty desperate for one in my opinion, shocked at the lack of links (well not really, leaving ourselves short is what we do)

So you thought Liverpool should have bought two speedy wingers this window? Just to clarify for my sake.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Still hurts the defeat against this lot last season. I believe the team is ready to whoop 'em good! 2-0 for us.
No way we're going to see a 2-0. Just no way.
That's so rare and it happens when you've got a very good defense AND attack and the mentaility to score just enough to win the game and see it out quite comfortably.

3-1
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 12:36:57 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Still hurts the defeat against this lot last season.

and the season before that......and the season before that.......bit of a bogey team and no mistake...hopefully their appointment of a non-Neanderthal manager might sway it back in our favour....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
3 points pls . No matter how we get em

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
So you thought Liverpool should have bought two speedy wingers this window? Just to clarify for my sake.

Without a doubt, it would make situations like today and two games a week, so much easier to handle. For me, it was actually a no brainer after witnessing the horror shows at the turn of the year, when we had zero pace in the team.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline daj79

• Main Stander

It would've made sense seeing as they're a massive part of how the team open up an oppositions defence.  Salah and Mane can't play every game, Origi isn't anywhere near good enough either.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
The subs the other night were the giveaway. Hendo will get an hour then Milner will come on second half. The big change I reckon will be up top; if Sturridge is ready to go he'll start today with Firmino just behind him. If anyone will drop down to the bench it'll probably be Wijnaldum.

But who am I to try and guess what the boss will do? As long as we register that first home win I'll be happy, 1 nil or 5 nil.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
What is the source saying mane isn't starting? Just a bit thrown by it
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
The subs the other night were the giveaway. Hendo will get an hour then Milner will come on second half. The big change I reckon will be up top; if Sturridge is ready to go he'll start today with Firmino just behind him. If anyone will drop down to the bench it'll probably be Wijnaldum.

But who am I to try and guess what the boss will do? As long as we register that first home win I'll be happy, 1 nil or 5 nil.

I like your faith in our ability to keep a clean sheet. :D

Offline mechinate

• Anny Roader
Think Sturridge will start this one, looking forward to it - we should win comfortably

How could you possibly think that we'll win comfortably?  :butt

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Because he's a Liverpool fan?

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
Wouldnt be surprised to see one of Mane, Salah and Firmino on the bench. Haven't really had the options to replace them until now and its almost like a Christmas schedule at the minute with 4 games in 11 days.. at the start of the season!

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Because we are, infact, better than Crystal bloody Palace.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Last match I predicted a gut wrenching draw but Moreno would do okay. Pretty close ay.

Reckon there will be 3 goals in this game. 2-1 Liverpool. Come on just win!
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Err.. Salah...

I know he's quick, but really, you're expecting him to play his own position and cover for Mane at the same time?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline mechinate

• Anny Roader
Because he's a Liverpool fan?

So despite our average start to the season, shipping 4 goals in 2 games, having a glut of injuries (and tired players - expect Mane and TAA to not play) and Palace having had the extra rest...none of that factors in?

Offline Andy2508

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
Match Preview: Liverpool vs. Crystal Palace [Saturday 19 August, K.O. 15:00]
« Reply #266 on: August 19, 2017, 01:31:26 pm »
Hoping the Liverpool we saw in pre season shows up today rather than he one of the past two games! I'm gonna go for a 2-0 win. Mane and Trent swapped for Gomez and probably Origi.

Maybe we'll see Robertson today aswel?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 01:33:32 pm by Andy2508 »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So despite our average start to the season, shipping 4 goals in 2 games, having a glut of injuries (and tired players - expect Mane and TAA to not play) and Palace having had the extra rest...none of that factors in?

A draw that could easily have been a win if their third goal was correctly ruled offside, a win with two away goals against a team that went all of last season unbeaten at home isn't too bad a start to the season.

Palace are missing Zaha, their manager seems out of his depth and they lost 3-0 to Huddersfield last weekend. At home.

Maybe it's a bit unrealistic to expect a comfortable win, but you can't criticise a fan for thinking his team will do well.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
No way we're going to see a 2-0. Just no way.
That's so rare and it happens when you've got a very good defense AND attack and the mentaility to score just enough to win the game and see it out quite comfortably.

3-1

3-1 will do just fine  ;)

Offline mechinate

• Anny Roader
A draw that could easily have been a win if their third goal was correctly ruled offside, a win with two away goals against a team that went all of last season unbeaten at home isn't too bad a start to the season.

Palace are missing Zaha, their manager seems out of his depth and they lost 3-0 to Huddersfield last weekend. At home.

Maybe it's a bit unrealistic to expect a comfortable win, but you can't criticise a fan for thinking his team will do well.

If you're honest with yourself we didn't deserve to win against Watford, and we got lucky against Hoffenheim. This delusion and rose-tinted mentality does my head in.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Matt Critchley‏ @MattCritchley1

Nothing confirmed but as they've just walked into ground in suits and away from rest of team, looks like TAA and Moreno not involved today

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If you're honest with yourself we didn't deserve to win against Watford, and we got lucky against Hoffenheim. This delusion and rose-tinted mentality does my head in.

We deserved at least a draw from that game. As for Hoffenheim, we could have scored more than two if we had taken our chances.

Offline mechinate

• Anny Roader
We deserved at least a draw from that game. As for Hoffenheim, we could have scored more than two if we had taken our chances.

Agreed on deserving a draw, and we got what we deserved. I was gutted to concede in the last minute but fair result.

As for Hoffenheim, we could easily have conceded another two goals too, so it's a moot point that we could have scored more.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Matt Critchley‏ @MattCritchley1

Nothing confirmed but as they've just walked into ground in suits and away from rest of team, looks like TAA and Moreno not involved today

Wednesday getting  priority?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Wednesday getting  priority?

As it should

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Anfield looking wonderful.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sturridge is starting, as is Mane!

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lovren on the bench, surprising but probably for the best considering his form. Great to see Robertson start.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A