Author Topic: Daniel Sturridge  (Read 387929 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #3040 on: August 14, 2017, 05:56:32 pm »
Orrr he's just a crock who will probably miss that too.

Or you can listen to the manager and what the manager is saying?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3041 on: August 14, 2017, 06:05:52 pm »
Or you can listen to the manager and what the manager is saying?
“He is close – he was already close for this weekend, but now for Tuesday it is pretty sure he is ready.”

Guess who said that :)

Lets hope he's ready this weekend.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #3042 on: August 14, 2017, 06:35:33 pm »
Is the juice worth the squeeze anymore?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3043 on: August 14, 2017, 06:37:33 pm »

Id expect he starts on Saturday for someone. Unless we are planning to use Mane, Salah and Firmino over the next 4 games.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #3044 on: August 14, 2017, 06:39:34 pm »

You'll see, you'll all see. Daniel Sturridge is kwalitee.

15-20 goals this season guaranteed. Klopp has him figured out now.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3045 on: August 14, 2017, 07:33:02 pm »

His ability has never been I doubt.

15 -20 goals from as many games is unlikely though. Let us hope that after his arduous start to the season, Klopp can ease him back in gently.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3046 on: August 14, 2017, 07:52:21 pm »
I can see him being used as a sub for a few games before he's expected to do 90 minutes. Klopp will know how to use him!

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #3047 on: August 14, 2017, 07:57:54 pm »

I'm thinking this is sarcasm but i'll bite anyway. What is there to figure out?

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3048 on: August 14, 2017, 08:09:22 pm »
What was the injury this time?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3049 on: August 14, 2017, 08:09:40 pm »

fatigue.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3050 on: August 14, 2017, 08:14:04 pm »

Basically he wasn't fully fit when he scored that amazing goal, and his body went into a state of fatigue.

I love that lad, but that 5 seconds was his career in brief  :butt :D

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #3051 on: August 14, 2017, 08:16:46 pm »
fucking tampon.

Do feel for him, his body is letting him down, but I don't think he helps himself either. He has gained quite a reputation for being soft

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3052 on: August 16, 2017, 12:54:44 am »
“Sturridge is in a good way, he was really close [to being available],” he revealed. “Two more sessions and he will be ready for the weekend.”

Klopp on Danny.

Let's hope we see him show us what we were missing at the weekend!

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3053 on: August 16, 2017, 01:04:26 am »
“Sturridge is in a good way, he was really close [to being available],” he revealed. “Two more sessions and he will be ready for the weekend.”

Klopp on Danny.

Let's hope we see him show us what we were missing at the weekend!

The injury itself wasn't anything serious at all, probably a normal pre-season twinge that most players will feel to some extent. But Klopp does like to see players coming back from injury have a few sessions  first, so in reality it was hardly anything to worry about.

If he can be on the pitch while we are creating the chances we are early in this season then we'll be sound. At times we need a clinical finisher like him on the pitch.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3054 on: August 16, 2017, 01:55:29 am »
Id expect he starts on Saturday for someone. Unless we are planning to use Mane, Salah and Firmino over the next 4 games.
I'd kind of be surprised if he starts but for sure he should be on the bench and come in later in the game.  I do wonder if Klopp will rotate a little at the weekend though. 

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
« Reply #3055 on: August 16, 2017, 02:15:24 pm »
I'd kind of be surprised if he starts but for sure he should be on the bench and come in later in the game.  I do wonder if Klopp will rotate a little at the weekend though.

I've got a feeling there will be minimal rotation, I would like to see some (ie Mane given a bit of a break) but I've not got my hopes up too much.
Hoping for around 45 minutes for Sturridge on the weekend.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3056 on: August 17, 2017, 02:57:50 pm »

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/272310-lfc-injury-latest-sturridge-coutinho-and-clyne

Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Daniel Sturridge is set to be fit for Saturday’s Anfield clash with Crystal Palace.

The striker returned to full training at Melwood this week and is likely to come into contention to make the squad for the Premier League encounter against the Eagles.

Elsewhere, Philippe Coutinho will miss the game due to a back injury.

Asked by journalists whether the duo would be ready to face Palace, Klopp told his pre-match press conference: “Daniel yes, I would say.

“Yesterday he was part of the complete session and looked really good, but always after injuries you have to wait to see how the player reacts to this intensity.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3057 on: August 17, 2017, 04:09:33 pm »
Hmmm

His facial expression doesn't look like he's taking his job seriously, has his back to one of our first teamers, he's taking pressure off his right leg (probably nursing an injury) and quite honestly that point is one of the most embarrassingly non-Liverpool points I've ever seen. Just atrocious body language all round. And he believes in god. Oh yeah, and fingerless gloves in August? Ridiculous. Unless they're gloves to try and avoid hand injuries.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3058 on: August 17, 2017, 05:01:03 pm »
would be nice to have the weapon available.

I can't however see him starting a game again for us.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3059 on: August 17, 2017, 05:09:47 pm »

:o

Dare I ask why?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3060 on: August 17, 2017, 05:11:09 pm »

I wouldn't put money on that if I were you.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3061 on: August 17, 2017, 05:13:19 pm »
:o

Dare I ask why?

I should have explained better I realized - his body doesn't seem to allow him to work with Klopp's high energy system, so asking him to play 90 is probably too much. Then - you don't want to have a player in the starting XI that you know will be needed to be substituted 60, 70, 80 mins every game. So I expect him to be an impact sub and not a starter.

(Klopp could of course start him at the weekend and make me eat my words - I just don't think that will be his role for us this season)

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #3062 on: August 17, 2017, 05:19:08 pm »
Hmmm

His facial expression doesn't look like he's taking his job seriously, has his back to one of our first teamers, he's taking pressure off his right leg (probably nursing an injury) and quite honestly that point is one of the most embarrassingly non-Liverpool points I've ever seen. Just atrocious body language all round. And he believes in god. Oh yeah, and fingerless gloves in August? Ridiculous. Unless they're gloves to try and avoid hand injuries.

:lmao :lmao
:D

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3063 on: August 18, 2017, 12:01:42 am »
its going to be interesting if Klopp picks DS on the bench. I dont think he will have Origi, Solanke and DS. You cant have 3 strikers out of 6 subs. I wonder if Klopp might rest Mane or Salah and play 2 up top.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3064 on: August 18, 2017, 12:19:11 am »
I should have explained better I realized - his body doesn't seem to allow him to work with Klopp's high energy system, so asking him to play 90 is probably too much. Then - you don't want to have a player in the starting XI that you know will be needed to be substituted 60, 70, 80 mins every game. So I expect him to be an impact sub and not a starter.

(Klopp could of course start him at the weekend and make me eat my words - I just don't think that will be his role for us this season)

Well, Klopp does make substitutions - technically he goes into every match thinking up to three of his players might need to come off..

I do agree with the impact sub thinking, but if he manages to 1) play well enough to displace someone else, and 2) actually be bloody available often enough, I do see him starting.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3065 on: August 18, 2017, 01:30:48 am »
Thinking he will be our super sub..........new addition to last year. 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #3066 on: August 18, 2017, 01:50:18 am »
Like a new signing

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3067 on: August 18, 2017, 01:59:23 am »
It's funny because it's all true. He scores goals though.

To the guy who said Sturridge will never start for us again, just no.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3068 on: August 19, 2017, 02:04:17 pm »

AHEM!

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #3069 on: August 19, 2017, 05:02:41 pm »
Sad to see, he's so diminished athletically.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3070 on: August 19, 2017, 05:03:52 pm »
AHEM!

;D

So glad to see him start again, I think he could get back to his best if he starts a few more this season.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3071 on: August 19, 2017, 05:04:36 pm »
Thought he was OK in the first half to be honest. His ability with the ball at his feet is mesmerising, the Palace players didn't know what to do with him. His pace isn't there anymore sadly, but he was never a "speed merchant" to begin with. Think he'll have a big say in our season.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3072 on: August 19, 2017, 05:05:26 pm »
Zero service which was sadly predictable as that midfield is just poor until we get Phil and Adam back.

Klopp will need to consider moving Bobby back to AM as he's the only playmaker in the team right now.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3073 on: August 19, 2017, 05:07:23 pm »
Suffered from our cautious set up in the first 60 I think. Really doesn't suit being so isolated. But we know this. I'm not sure why any managers don't seem to know this. Thought he did okay with the scraps he had. Some of those turns in tight areas are just gorgeous.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3074 on: August 19, 2017, 05:09:31 pm »
Zero service which was sadly predictable as that midfield is just poor until we get Phil and Adam back.

Klopp will need to consider moving Bobby back to AM as he's the only playmaker in the team right now.
We should have set up from the beginning how we did when Solanke came on, a 4-2-3-1 with Firmino behind.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3075 on: August 19, 2017, 05:10:56 pm »

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3076 on: August 19, 2017, 05:22:45 pm »
We should have set up from the beginning how we did when Solanke came on, a 4-2-3-1 with Firmino behind.
Yup, there's no point in going with 433 if two AMs are not creative or on the same page to move the ball quicker and up the tempo. Bobby has to play through the middle as he's our most creative player right now; our only chance of creating space in the final third which would make it easier to create quality chances for Sturridge/Solanke.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #3077 on: August 19, 2017, 05:26:14 pm »
With his Injuries and our tactical setup,  we are never going to see the best of him on a consistent basis.  He is clearly in decline the days of 13/14 are long gone,  sad to see.  Excellent option to have in the squad though.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3078 on: August 19, 2017, 05:26:45 pm »
Yup, there's no point in going with 433 if two AMs are not creative or on the same page to move the ball quicker and up the tempo. Bobby has to play through the middle as he's our most creative player right now; our only chance of creating space in the final third which would make it easier to create quality chances for Sturridge/Solanke.
I was surprised we didn't start like that, we looked much better when we made that change, although we'd scored then which meant Palace had to attack a bit more. Feel sorry for Sturridge though having to play for an hour with that set-up.

Hopefully Klopp will consider it now he's seen it work and we're without Lallana and Coutinho.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3079 on: August 19, 2017, 05:27:10 pm »
I thought he was ok but he doesnt work well in a front 3 on his own. We need another body up front with him and Solanke would be perfect.