Author Topic: Ever the Optimist.  (Read 57640 times)

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
Re: Ever the Optimist.
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2017, 10:49:51 am »
*We're going to win our next 4 games. Arsenal will beat Chelsea. Momentum will be back with us. The treble will be on. Everyone else will shit themselves.

*Well that's the plan anyway

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2017, 12:06:24 pm »
We are still a work in progress under Klopp. A couple more transfer windows and we will be up there with less of these blips.

All I want from this season is a top 4 finish and a bonus would be a cup.

Top 4 must be our ultimate priority, forget the league or even 2nd, we don't yet have the consistency but top 4 this year, transfer window in the summer and then we are cooking !

Other than the monetary upswing of playing in the Champions League, what does finishing top 4 offer a club like ours??

I have been seriously thinking about this and the more i think about it, the more I feel that Champions League could be a hindrance for a club like ours.

Over the last few years, almost every pundit/expert worth their salt, says the lack of European football helps keep a squad fresh through the course of the season. Leicester won it last year, without European football.. Chelsea look like winning it this season (hope not) without any European football.
Heck, we nearly won it in 2013/14 without any European football.

If we make the top 4 this season and qualify for the champions league, then will it help us kick on next season for the title or will it hinder our pursuit of what for many of us is now ultimate glory in the form of the league title?

Needless to say, I'm not sure which side of the fence I'm on right now..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2017, 12:09:09 pm »
Other than the monetary upswing of playing in the Champions League, what does finishing top 4 offer a club like ours??

I have been seriously thinking about this and the more i think about it, the more I feel that Champions League could be a hindrance for a club like ours.

Over the last few years, almost every pundit/expert worth their salt, says the lack of European football helps keep a squad fresh through the course of the season. Leicester won it last year, without European football.. Chelsea look like winning it this season (hope not) without any European football.
Heck, we nearly won it in 2013/14 without any European football.

If we make the top 4 this season and qualify for the champions league, then will it help us kick on next season for the title or will it hinder our pursuit of what for many of us is now ultimate glory in the form of the league title?

Needless to say, I'm not sure which side of the fence I'm on right now..
Relax, United and City will be in the Europa so the top 6 will all have similar commitments  :P

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2017, 12:26:49 pm »
Relax, United and City will be in the Europa so the top 6 will all have similar commitments  :P

But that's my point..

Leicester did not finish in the top 6, the season before last and went on to win the PL last season..

Chelsea did not finish in the top 6 last season and look the most likely to win the league this season..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2017, 12:36:58 pm »
But that's my point..

Leicester did not finish in the top 6, the season before last and went on to win the PL last season..

Chelsea did not finish in the top 6 last season and look the most likely to win the league this season..

Leicester was an anomaly, it'll be highly unlikely that any team not in the current top six will win the league any time soon.

Chelsea were shit last year and are only really top because of a freak run of wins which, even then, hasn't really put them all that clear of the chasing pack.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2017, 01:20:10 pm »
Top 5 passes of the ball in each team in the Top 6, we don't have one attack minded player in ours.

Lovren is actually 5th in the whole league.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2017, 01:06:37 am »
I was gutted with our loss the other day, but the big picture is simple

We have the manager and the hunger and the players. We aren't that far off. Title dreams are one thing, but we should be hanging in the champions league and I think we very much will be. We are that calibre with the system, the method, the balance and the spirit and Klopp will attract the right players.

When I look at our club, I think of one word. Destiny.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2017, 12:20:46 am »
Top 4 finish will be a great season, throw in an FA Cup and it will be brilliant, above all expectations!...both still very much possible.

Tonight was disappointing, but our main goals are still well within reach.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2017, 04:11:35 am »
Another loss.

It's hurting me more than it normally should.

But the things I care about and want and need are still in place. I have utter faith in Jurgen. The plan, the hunger, the longterm. The prize of hanging in the Champions League where we belong. All the tools are there. It is simply a matter of application.

My head turns to the league. All is not lost.

Is not about how you fall down. It is how you get back up again.

Destiny.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2017, 04:24:43 am »
Black January.

Come on lads! Dust if off. Get your chin off the floor. Pick yourself up. And we go again!

Prove to the doubters that they are wrong ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2017, 07:27:18 am »
Come on boys you can turns things around we have the talent, and the manager to do that. We just need a bit more patience, hard work is everything. Still looking forward to seeing us play as I know we will get over this blip. There is still a lot to play for.  :scarf
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2017, 08:28:53 am »
I think we will turn it around and finish top four, but this period of shit has resigned us to no title challenge and missing out on a cup final. We're not as bad as we're showing. It's disappointing but there's no crisis
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2017, 09:06:09 am »
I think we will turn it around and finish top four, but this period of shit has resigned us to no title challenge and missing out on a cup final. We're not as bad as we're showing. It's disappointing but there's no crisis

Spot on 👍

In a months time , things will be looking much rosier

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2017, 10:02:29 am »
Jurgen didn't even choose most of this team.

Look at us getting miffed we aren't immediately winning trophies and titles left and right  ;D

Other teams already find us scary. Fair play to Southampton they figured us out but it's one fixture.

After another proper transfer window with the lure of Champions League and the best manager there is, Phil sewn up for years to come, Jurgen looking like he belongs in our dynasty, compare to Pep at oil billionaires saying it's a big job to do... Ambramovich thinks he's playing Football Manager and has ADHD and Chelsea have a fluke... Man, I love being a red. You look at certain stats and you see what's on the pitch sometimes and it's like poetry in motion.

A down period don't mean nothin when you're building something great. The Beatles broke a few guitar strings in their day.

I love this club, and I think the best is yet to come. And for all the talk we can do now, all the dreams and plans...

It'll be sweet as fuck to see that come off on the pitch.  ;D

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 10:07:42 am by ToneLa »

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2017, 11:23:30 am »
How could you not be optimistic with the manager we have. When he manages to get rid of all the shite he inherited we'll be on a different level. The league cup and fa cup will still be there waiting for us next season, they're not a priority right now, we don't have the squad for it.

We're 22 games into the season and our points total isn't too bad. Last season Arsenal were top after 22 games with 44 points. Leicester were second also on 44 points. We have 45 points right now. After a disappointing result you give the players a deserved bollocking and move on. We're going places.

Offline redboxingyeti

• Main Stander
  • Jurgen Believer
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2017, 12:10:58 pm »
Results like last night are obviously disappointing, and the performances in January have been short of what we expect, and certainly what we were seeing at the beginning of the season...

BUT, barring a monumental mental collapse, we are still fighting for a top 4 place, and if we beat Chelsea, who knows, a possible title challenge. Yes it's a big if, but if our performances can drop at the drop of a hat, then on the flipside, they can also improve. If we scrape a win on Tuesday, we'll have come through our worst lull of the season only 7 points behind the leaders - surely this has to be something to be positive about ?

If we don't, then we still have one of the world's best managers with a full season under his belt and surely things can only get better.

Disappointing though results have been, we are in a far healthier position than last year, and for many years. I grew up watching Keegan, Dalglish Barnes et al and it was fantastic winning everything, with Klopp as manager I feel sure we can challenge again for years to come.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2017, 12:19:15 pm »
Top 5 passes of the ball in each team in the Top 6, we don't have one attack minded player in ours.

Lovren is actually 5th in the whole league.

The attack minded players are rotated / subbed / injured more. The players topping the list have had the most game time. So it is hardly surprising that they have more passes. 

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2017, 01:42:53 pm »
Top 4 finish will be a great season, throw in an FA Cup and it will be brilliant, above all expectations!...both still very much possible.

Tonight was disappointing, but our main goals are still well within reach.

At the moment it feels like both are going very much beyond our reach...No other teams in top 5 other than us have struggled so badly in 1 month.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2017, 06:32:59 pm »
At the moment it feels like both are going very much beyond our reach...No other teams in top 5 other than us have struggled so badly in 1 month.

This is the optimist thread.

Of course we can turn it around and we will. For twenty minutes in last night's game you could see some confidence returning. We just need a win that will turn the tide and make people believe again. Up the Reds.  :scarf

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2017, 06:46:30 pm »
Come on boys you can turns things around we have the talent, and the manager to do that. We just need a bit more patience, hard work is everything. Still looking forward to seeing us play as I know we will get over this blip. There is still a lot to play for.  :scarf

There is. I never expected to go through this season without a drop in form, nor did I expect (or demand, which seemed to be case for some reading the post match thread from last night's game) Klopp to win the league. So while our recent results have been disappointing, in that respect, I'm not at the point of self harming just yet.

Despite this last month, our season isn't over by any stretch. Heck we might not even make the Champions League or win the FA Cup. And if that happens, then like (but not as much as) after the Europa League final last season, I'll be gutted. But then, it depends on whether I think we'll continue to improve under Klopp and the evidence so far points to the positive. So I won't be in hysterics.

Things change quickly in football and I have no idea how we'll finish the season - I'm so looking forward to it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2017, 08:42:33 pm »
This is the optimist thread.
They need "Ever the Pessimist" thread
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2017, 02:43:35 pm »
I'll never agree with Klopp that you rest this many players in the only cup competition left - if you got no trophies left to fight for then what good will it do if you're rested. Rotation is one thing but what you can do for example is play your first choice defence and give the kids a better platform to succeed, you can't tell me CBs need as much rest as other players.

But it is what it is and we have to move on. You can quote me on this - we'll finish 2nd comfortably.

It hurts big time right now but we will regroup and recover, we'll have all the time in the world between games, in up to 8 days we'll be fully complete and I have no doubt we'll start twatting teams regularly again in no time.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2017, 04:44:10 pm »
Not long ago Arsenal lost twice in a week and the usual calls for Arsenes head were being heard. Also not long ago Spurs couldn't score for toffee. Both have turned it around .... as will we on Tuesday.

Nothing like a game against the plastics to slap us out of this slump.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2017, 05:04:47 pm »
Beat Chelsea and we can begin another run, which will hopefully keep us in top part of the table. Fingers crossed that Mane will come back early too.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2017, 05:07:01 pm »
Strangely enough I think top four has been secured after the events of the last four days , we will undoubtedly perform better on Tuesday ... And we can win and everyone will be uplifted amd as we go into the last 15 games we can knowing were back to plenty of time to prepare like we could in Sept , oct and nov while all our rivals have either Cl , Europa , Fa cup and league cup fixtures worry about .

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2017, 05:11:09 pm »
What we all need is a good win for Cameroon tonight.  :)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2017, 05:12:23 pm »
What we all need is a good win for Cameroon tonight.  :)

I'm hoping that if they do, Mane might be able to start on the bench against Chelsea, but if they do beat Senegal then he should be back for next weekend at the latest.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2017, 05:13:46 pm »
We are freed up for the league, and our manager is someone who can analyse his defeats instead of licking his wounds  :)

It's only January.

Destiny is a funny bitch...

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2017, 05:15:50 pm »
Nice to have this place as a bit of a sanctuary on the main forum. I've stayed well away from other threads in the past week as I would've only gotten in to arguments. We still have a lot to play for/look forward to this season. We were never going to go through the whole season without a blip in form. It's how we respond to this that will ultimately decide the fate of our season and I'm confident we have the right man in charge to ensure we respond in the correct fashion.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2017, 05:18:51 pm »
Nice to have this place as a bit of a sanctuary on the main forum. I've stayed well away from other threads in the past week as I would've only gotten in to arguments. We still have a lot to play for/look forward to this season. We were never going to go through the whole season without a blip in form. It's how we respond to this that will ultimately decide the fate of our season and I'm confident we have the right man in charge to ensure we respond in the correct fashion.

I agree. This place is a tranquil of serenity from all the b/s on the rest of the site. But things will turn for the better, Klopp is too good to allow this to slide permanently.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2017, 05:19:29 pm »
I'm hoping that if they do, Mane might be able to start on the bench against Chelsea, but if they do beat Senegal then he should be back for next weekend at the latest.

Having Mane back would be a great gee up for everyone, we have missed him.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2017, 05:28:13 pm »
We've got just 6 games to play over the next 60 days.

We'll probably be the freshest , most rested team around. Can you even imagine a Klopp team with all that time to rest, freshen up and prepare for games? It's gonna be absolutely glorious especially when you consider we'll be completely healthy and chomping at the bit.

All the while our rivals will have to deal with Europe and cup competitions. I know I'd rather be in their place but now that it's over and it's just the league till the end we have to take advantage of it and I`m convinced with every bone in my body that we will and then some.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2017, 05:33:52 pm »
I just looked at the table. We are still top 4 and only 2 points behind 2nd.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2017, 05:57:56 pm »
*We're going to win our next 4 games. Arsenal will beat Chelsea. Momentum will be back with us. The treble will be on. Everyone else will shit themselves.

*Well that's the plan anyway

What's plan B?
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2017, 06:00:07 pm »
What's plan B?

This is the optimism thread, not the "Sunderland supporting troll pretending to be a Liverpool fan" thread.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2017, 06:02:25 pm »
What's plan B?

Get lost the guy who started this thread wants only optimistic comments in this thread. Go and spread your negative bollocks else where.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2017, 06:05:44 pm »
Get lost the guy who started this thread wants only optimistic comments in this thread. Go and spread your negative bollocks else where.

It was an optimistic question, what's wrong with y'all?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #158 on: January 28, 2017, 06:06:31 pm »
What's plan B?

Take every game as it comes, don't wet your knickers at every bad result, give the manager and team support, and see what decisions and choices Klopp makes as he shapes the team.

It's pretty simple really.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #159 on: January 28, 2017, 06:12:19 pm »
Take every game as it comes, don't wet your knickers at every bad result, give the manager and team support, and see what decisions and choices Klopp makes as he shapes the team.

It's pretty simple really.

It really is Zeb.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.