Author Topic: Simon Mignolet  (Read 279288 times)

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
Simon Mignolet
« on: October 6, 2013, 01:52:24 pm »
Can't find a thread on him but fuck me what a player, save upon save, I love him. Once he gets better with his feet we'll have such a slick GK, keep it up Simon,

loves

FernandoSusoLFC.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2017, 11:54:12 pm by John C »

Offline gaijin_lfc

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Simon Mignolet is boss thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 6, 2013, 02:06:48 pm »
Felt like he's improving his distribution as he starts to gel with the defense more and more. Yesterday he was throwing out the ball and picking out passes instead of just booting it long like he did over the first few weeks.

Starting to round himself out a bit more, and it's great to see.

Offline RoshanA

• Shows some fawcets of Paul Merson's character. Rashid clone. Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour
  • Kopite
« Reply #2 on: October 6, 2013, 02:08:06 pm »
It's great to see shots on target being saved again.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #3 on: October 6, 2013, 02:11:36 pm »
He doesn't fill me with confidence I gotta say. He doesn't seem commanding enough for me.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 6, 2013, 02:14:26 pm »
Can't find a thread on him but fuck me what a player, save upon save, I love him. Once he gets better with his feet we'll have such a slick GK, keep it up Simon,

loves

FernandoSusoLFC.

If it weren't for him our league position would look a lot different.  Brilliant keeper.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 6, 2013, 02:19:02 pm »
He doesn't fill me with confidence I gotta say. He doesn't seem commanding enough for me.

If it weren't for him we would've been been in a worse position.  He's been one of our best players so far.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 6, 2013, 02:21:21 pm »
Fills me with confidence in the sense that when the opposition break free or try their luck from far out I'm confident he will save it, however it's clear where his weak spot is. Crosses. But it's something that he can improve on, it's not unfixable.

Offline The Gigi

• Legacy Fan
  • Where once we watched the King Kenny play
« Reply #7 on: October 6, 2013, 02:22:56 pm »
The saves he made during the first 3 games saved us 3 wins and his reflex save yesterday was class. This boy is a cat.

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 6, 2013, 02:23:24 pm »
an upgrade
YNWA

Offline maher

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone..
« Reply #9 on: October 6, 2013, 02:25:18 pm »

That is really strange, what do you want him to do more than he did?

Offline Mali1

• No chance. Not all. Never. Hope died long ago, left dangling pitifully and listlessly from my tree of despondency and despair. Oh yes.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #10 on: October 6, 2013, 02:30:12 pm »

It is true his distribution & command to improve. But I am more confident with him than Pepe to be honest.

Last season, so many games I felt we dominated and needed so many chances to get a goal, only to conceded easily when the opposition had 1 chance.

It was definitely this kind of shot stopper that we needed. Pepe concede too easily whereas Simon protect our leads times and again.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 6, 2013, 02:31:00 pm »
He doesn't fills me with confidence I gotta say. He's doesn't seem incredibly commanding enough for me.

fixed.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #12 on: October 6, 2013, 02:32:53 pm »
fixed.

Thats your opinion mate.

He is dodgy from crosses, his distribution is poor, he seems to panic when a player passes the ball back to him when an oppo player is coming at him.
JFT96 - YNWA

Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 6, 2013, 02:33:56 pm »
There isn't a keeper that I've seen in the modern world of football that is amazing at crosses. Almost everyone of them flaps at them because there is more attention paid to blocking off the keeper than there used to be. That said comparative to his contemporaries he is pretty good really. The goal yesterday was less his fault than the defenders.

I feel more confident in his cross catching than I did with Pepe to be fair. Pepe was better at punching though, so swings n roundabouts.

Whatever comparisons made, which is natural for us fans, both were are very good goalkeepers for us so far. Personally I feel more confident with Mignolet in the sticks than Pepe (of the last few years at least).

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 6, 2013, 02:35:26 pm »
I know it might seem a bit unfair on Pepe but there's been several times already this season where I'm looking at saves from Mignolet and thinking to myself "Reina of the last two seasons wouldn't have saved that".

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 6, 2013, 02:35:29 pm »
Thats your opinion mate.

He is dodgy from crosses, his distribution is poor, he seems to panic when a player passes the ball back to him when an oppo player is coming at him.

it's true that it's my opinion - but on the flip side he makes amazing save after amazing save.  Saves that were not being made the last 3 seasons.  The fact that he single handedly (or two handedly) has gained us points this year says it all for me.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2013, 02:41:13 pm by newterp »

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 6, 2013, 02:39:22 pm »
Thats your opinion mate.

That is true but all can be worked upon is goalkeeping is one best in league though and that what counts the most and great platform to build upon.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #17 on: October 6, 2013, 02:39:45 pm »
Yep.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 6, 2013, 02:40:39 pm »
Never has a thread title been so right...

Offline Hayer

• World Class Whinger. Sorry, winger.....or was I right the first time.....?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 6, 2013, 02:41:55 pm »

We've got a Reina fanboy.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #20 on: October 6, 2013, 02:43:35 pm »
That is really strange, what do you want him to do more than he did?

Score goals!!

Nah just kidding, the lad is fucking class honestly.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 6, 2013, 02:44:09 pm »
He's won us games and saved points single handedly this season. We'd be in a worse position without him.

He is, indeed, boss.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #22 on: October 6, 2013, 02:45:34 pm »
I love that feeling of security when somebody takes a shot on our goal I never expect it to go in. I still love Pepe but only now with Mignolet`s arrival I discover that feeling again.

Offline evanz89

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #23 on: October 6, 2013, 02:46:14 pm »
I think people are being a bit harsh on Pepe. Mignolet had a very good start though - very promising and looks more confident with every game. Shame he didn't get a clean sheet in the last few games. Only thing were missing with Pepe leaving was his distribution to launch counter attacks with one quick long ball. I think there both great keepers though and praise to Rodgers for having the balls to change keepers - a good keeper is hard to find and he's already proving to be a very good acquisition.

Offline Hayer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 6, 2013, 02:46:24 pm »
Whoscored.com GK ratings so far this season. Top 3:
Hugo Lloris : 7.33
Simon Mignolet : 7.32
Brad Guzan 7.17

Offline Cochise

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #25 on: October 6, 2013, 02:47:28 pm »
We've got a Reina fanboy.

When he played for us yes. He doesn't play for us now so don't care now.
JFT96 - YNWA

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #26 on: October 6, 2013, 02:49:21 pm »
Thats your opinion mate.

Requesting a gif of when he easily played it past a Stoke player.

Simon is definitely boss. Seems like a genuine upgrade on Reina.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Hayer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 6, 2013, 02:50:20 pm »
I think people are being a bit harsh on Pepe.

Not at all. One thing that has been shown with having Mignolet, is how awful Reina was for us in the last three seasons.

Finally we have a keeper who can save a shot he has no right saving. Pretty nice thing to have like.

Offline Cochise

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #28 on: October 6, 2013, 02:50:27 pm »
He's won us games and saved points single handedly this season. We'd be in a worse position without him.

He is, indeed, boss.

He's won us games single handedly? Scoring goals aswell now?
JFT96 - YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #29 on: October 6, 2013, 02:51:58 pm »
His shot-stopping is superb, bit of work needed on his distribution and commanding his area but I'm impressed so far, that penalty save did his confidence the world of good. Plus his song is boss and needs singing more.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #30 on: October 6, 2013, 02:52:49 pm »
Not at all. One thing that has been shown with having Mignolet, is how awful Reina was for us in the last three seasons.

Finally we have a keeper who can save a shot he has no right saving. Pretty nice thing to have like.

You can't have followed us for long if you think Pepe has been awful. David James in 1996 was awful. Pepe over the last three seasons hasn't been anywhere near his world class standard, but nowhere near awful.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hayer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 6, 2013, 02:54:02 pm »
You can't have followed us for long if you think Pepe has been awful. David James in 1996 was awful. Pepe over the last three seasons hasn't been anywhere near his world class standard, but nowhere near awful.

By Liverpool standards he was awful.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #32 on: October 6, 2013, 02:55:11 pm »

I wouldn't say awful, but I'd have said there was about 5 goalies better than him in England recently. Mignolet, Begovic, De Gea, Cech, Lloris, Freidel, et al
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 6, 2013, 02:55:25 pm »
He's won us games single handedly? Scoring goals aswell now?

Do you ask the same question of Suarez/Sturridge or Gerrard when someone uses that phrase about those players ?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 6, 2013, 02:56:17 pm »
His shot-stopping is superb, bit of work needed on his distribution and commanding his area but I'm impressed so far, that penalty save did his confidence the world of good. Plus his song is boss and needs singing more.
Just needs work on the distribution (which is improving).  His commanding of his area is fine.

Offline Hayer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 6, 2013, 02:56:57 pm »
I'm waiting for the one day when we might have a bad day at Man City, Arsenal, Spurs or City, and for once the last line will save us. Looking forward to that.

Offline Hayer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 6, 2013, 02:57:48 pm »
I wouldn't say awful, but I'd have said there was about 5 goalies better than him in England recently. Mignolet, Begovic, De Gea, Cech, Lloris, Freidel, et al

5 is being very kind.

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 6, 2013, 03:00:51 pm »

YNWA

Offline Cochise

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #38 on: October 6, 2013, 03:02:05 pm »

Aww so cute. I like cat gifs, probably my fave type of gif.
JFT96 - YNWA

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #39 on: October 6, 2013, 03:33:42 pm »

Define awful?   Statistically (as in number of times he stops the ball when he's supposed to) he's been one of the worst in the premier league so in relative terms to our competition awful is fair