Author Topic: CL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Rangers TAA 7’ Salah 53’  (Read 12661 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: CL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Rangers TAA 7’ Salah 53’
« Reply #240 on: October 5, 2022, 05:31:14 pm »
It wasn’t just Milner it was also Elliott, I think once both came on we started to look exposed again. The lads upfront got in each other’s way a couple of times but that is to be expected, the constant switching of positions in Nunez runs were causing them problems- a few more weeks playing together and these boys will be much more fluid going forward. Made up for Trent - can’t be easy for a young lad to have to deal with this much stick after achieving so much in his career so far .

Was it just the players coming on or was it likely to happen any way. Rangers gameplan seemed similar to a lot of teams who come to Anfield. Be ultra defensive and try and stay in the game as long as possible and then have a go in the last ten minutes.

There is also psychology at play the team that is winning tends to keep what they have and the losing side literally has nothing to lose so can play with freedom.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: October 5, 2022, 05:43:10 pm »
Average positions they took up last night.

4-4-2 for me, Clive.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: October 5, 2022, 07:05:24 pm »

Cheers mate, you’ll be sick of us by next week (I hope  ;D )

Yeah, a unique week where you play Rangers, Arsenal, Rangers. I will be cursing you guys by next Thursday lol.

Late changes notwithstanding but the last 15 minutes were even and you had 2 great chances. What do you think GVB is going to do at Ibrox next week ? Open up and have a go or, well what ? If he does the same as last night then it's another Liverpool stroll surely ?

Your guess is as good as mine mate. Last night is the first time I've seen us play 3 centre backs since I don't know when!
We all want him to open up a bit, we are all finding the tactics just a bit too negative. Some strange team selections as well, playing Steven Davis in that formation just swamped him and he looked his age last night. Playing Morelos when Colak had been playing well. Playing Tilman wide yet again. All questionable.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #243 on: October 5, 2022, 07:48:29 pm »
....we are all finding the tactics just a bit too negative. Some strange team selections as well, playing Steven Davis in that formation just swamped him and he looked his age last night. Playing Morelos when Colak had been playing well. Playing Tilman wide yet again. All questionable.

That's kind of what the lads on the youtube vid I watched were saying.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: October 5, 2022, 07:53:58 pm »
That's kind of what the lads on the youtube vid I watched were saying.

Yeah, we're a bit all over the place at the moment. We need Ben Davies to come in and cement that left centre back position so it's a better foundation to build from.
Think not having that has just made everything a bit unsteady and it's spread through the team.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupι Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #245 on: October 5, 2022, 07:58:58 pm »
I was watching 4 Rangers lads do a post-match analysis on youtube and if their views are representative, he's on borrowed time, so I think they have to be braver and have a real go. Atmosphere likely to be white hot too, so we need calm heads and a classic away performance like of old, not like at Red Star a few years back.

Played them four times, only won one!

But we certainly wilted in that atmosphere in Belgrade. We need a classic European away performance next week.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: October 6, 2022, 04:59:36 am »
Let's keep improving and winning!
Believer

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: October 6, 2022, 01:38:34 pm »
Yeah, we're a bit all over the place at the moment. We need Ben Davies to come in and cement that left centre back position so it's a better foundation to build from.
Think not having that has just made everything a bit unsteady and it's spread through the team.

Cheers SG (and Barrow Shaun).
I think he's gonna let the team off the leash and go for it. Play to the crowd. Worst case they go out with a bang best case it's "an unforgettable night at Ibrox". Nothing to lose 'cos we'll beat them if they try and play cagey. In fact their own crowd will probably eat them at half time if they try that.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: October 6, 2022, 06:52:27 pm »
Cheers SG (and Barrow Shaun).
I think he's gonna let the team off the leash and go for it. Play to the crowd. Worst case they go out with a bang best case it's "an unforgettable night at Ibrox". Nothing to lose 'cos we'll beat them if they try and play cagey. In fact their own crowd will probably eat them at half time if they try that.

I'd hope so mate, we played on the front foot in the home games in the Europa League, I see no other reason to change that for the Liverpool and Ajax games at home.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: October 6, 2022, 11:51:37 pm »