Author Topic: Champions League, Liverpool V Rangers, Tuesday Oct 4th  (Read 14259 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Champions League, Liverpool V Rangers, Tuesday Oct 4th
« Reply #40 on: October 3, 2022, 06:29:39 pm »
A change in attitude is the thing I am looking for most. There needs to be a reaction if we are to get anything from the season.

I agree, I'd love to see a change in the fans. Sing more, no phones, support the team - a change is needed !

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #41 on: October 3, 2022, 06:38:54 pm »
Thanks for the OP Dougle and for your insight Scottish Gooner. Interesting you say something feels like it’s broken at Rangers as it feels a bit similar for us at the moment.

I’d like to think this could be a game where we could play some football and score a few, but it’s hard to know what to expect at the moment. Be nice to score first and not have to dig ourselves out of another hole, usually of our own creation.

Looking forward to it, think the atmosphere should be good and if we can use that and make a bright start we should be winning this
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #42 on: October 3, 2022, 06:54:45 pm »
Thanks for the OP Dougle and for your insight Scottish Gooner. Interesting you say something feels like it’s broken at Rangers as it feels a bit similar for us at the moment.

I’d like to think this could be a game where we could play some football and score a few, but it’s hard to know what to expect at the moment. Be nice to score first and not have to dig ourselves out of another hole, usually of our own creation.

Looking forward to it, think the atmosphere should be good and if we can use that and make a bright start we should be winning this

Wouldn’t a clean sheet as well as scoring a few be a thing of wonder?

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: October 3, 2022, 07:03:26 pm »
I don't know if it's tactical or tiredness.

For all the improvements Klopp is discussing about tactical things like defending, how aware are they of just how tired they all are or look? Or is this some ignorance on our parts? They just all look spent.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 3, 2022, 07:15:01 pm »
Let's fucking hammer these flag shaggers. A clean sheet would be nice too

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #45 on: October 3, 2022, 07:23:57 pm »
Wouldn’t a clean sheet as well as scoring a few be a thing of wonder?
Let's fucking hammer these flag shaggers. A clean sheet would be nice too
What’s a clean sheet?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #46 on: October 3, 2022, 07:40:46 pm »
It's only because he is thinner in the face now, I think.

it is. Defo not gaunt, he still looks quite tanned (in comparison to a lot of pasty faced people over there  :P  ;D ).

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #49 on: October 3, 2022, 08:26:23 pm »
Back to not knowing what to expect here, but I'll just say that a win of any sort without conceding would be absolutely wonderful, thank you very much.

Main thing will be selection - Jota to start up front with Mo and Luis. That should be more than enough problems for them in that department. Midfield I would say is gonna be Hendo, Stan and Thiago... Back line however is where I would see some changes. Obviously let Trent play through would have a lot of merit and this game could be just the sort he needs, but there is also an argument for playing Joe at RB. For me, if Ibou is fit, I'd start him as Morelos and Colak would hate facing him and Virg, with the Greek Scouse at LB.

Don't take these lightly though, but as most of you probably have as well, I've watched them a few times on the box and they look like a side that will suffer from over-eagerness and some over-zealousness which will bite them - It just has that feel about it for me.

Anyway, staying up afterwards for this one and very much looking forward to being there again - hopefully that will be magnified in the bar afterwards! 
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #50 on: October 3, 2022, 08:37:18 pm »
The exact type of game where Klopp will put the same 11 out and ask them to go and prove themselves and what will happen is the exact same performance as all season and we will all be back here questioning everything all over again!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 4, 2022, 12:11:18 am »
Back to not knowing what to expect here, but I'll just say that a win of any sort without conceding would be absolutely wonderful, thank you very much.

Main thing will be selection - Jota to start up front with Mo and Luis. That should be more than enough problems for them in that department. Midfield I would say is gonna be Hendo, Stan and Thiago... Back line however is where I would see some changes. Obviously let Trent play through would have a lot of merit and this game could be just the sort he needs, but there is also an argument for playing Joe at RB. For me, if Ibou is fit, I'd start him as Morelos and Colak would hate facing him and Virg, with the Greek Scouse at LB.

Don't take these lightly though, but as most of you probably have as well, I've watched them a few times on the box and they look like a side that will suffer from over-eagerness and some over-zealousness which will bite them - It just has that feel about it for me.

Anyway, staying up afterwards for this one and very much looking forward to being there again - hopefully that will be magnified in the bar afterwards! 

id start Nunez up front for this...
Let him loose..

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #54 on: October 4, 2022, 12:44:20 am »
a fuck load of them are going to be in the home end for this. Crazy amounts of upper main stand tickets and lower Anfield road tickets sold. Also saw a few who bought in kop 304
YNWA

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 4, 2022, 03:26:13 am »
Thanks Dougle and SG. A good old fashioned Spyin Kop - nice one

I hope all the jocks have a nice time in town.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2022, 03:30:35 am by kavah »

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #56 on: October 4, 2022, 08:30:32 am »
Thanks Dougle and SG. A good old fashioned Spyin Kop - nice one

I hope all the jocks have a nice time in town.

They were in Concert Square/Bold St and Mathew Street last night. Seemed to be having a good time.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #57 on: October 4, 2022, 09:21:02 am »
id start Nunez up front for this...
Let him loose..

Same here. You don’t spend a fortune on a car and leave it on the drive way. The only way he’ll get used to our style of play is by actually playing.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #58 on: October 4, 2022, 09:32:27 am »
I'd like to see Arthur start this one in midfield. Milner will probably play as well.

Arsenal on Sunday so need to take some minutes out of Thiagos and Fabinho's legs

Rest of the team pretty much picks itself. Getting max points from the home games is key to getting out of the group.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #59 on: October 4, 2022, 09:36:46 am »
The new jurgen mural seems to have got a lick of blue paint last night and the Irish bars are taking the flags down.
YNWA

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 4, 2022, 10:21:29 am »
The new jurgen mural seems to have got a lick of blue paint last night and the Irish bars are taking the flags down.

Do we know it was Rangers fans?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #61 on: October 4, 2022, 10:25:56 am »
Do we know it was Rangers fans?

Who else would paint over a Liverpool mural with blue paint?  ???
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 4, 2022, 10:27:52 am »

Not sure why the first thought would be Rangers fans if thats the case

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 4, 2022, 10:30:12 am »

Very good question, especially when a few comments have said that this type of vandalism is happening more and more in the city recently. :o
« Last Edit: October 4, 2022, 10:34:29 am by ScottishGoon »

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 4, 2022, 10:52:39 am »
Are the Rangers fans likely to start any shit if they're in the home sections, like any previous of that? I'd expect not from my limited knowledge and for them to just cheer their team on apart from the odd pissed up dickhead, same as our fans would, but no idea of the culture with their travelling fans and would like to be forewarned in case I end up sat next to a few later.  ;D

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 4, 2022, 11:06:22 am »
Are the Rangers fans likely to start any shit if they're in the home sections, like any previous of that? I'd expect not from my limited knowledge and for them to just cheer their team on apart from the odd pissed up dickhead, same as our fans would, but no idea of the culture with their travelling fans and would like to be forewarned in case I end up sat next to a few later.  ;D

I’ve not heard anything positive about Rangers fans to be honest. I don’t think it’s a good thing they are going to be all over the ground either.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 4, 2022, 11:11:30 am »
5-0, Nunez hatrick. Job done.
What?
You think Nunez is Haaland now? 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 4, 2022, 11:14:28 am »

I'd hope not, especially as they will be spread out, but sometimes you just can't legislate for drunken arseholes, and I'm afraid we have a fair few of them, especially if it's not the usual regulated official match goers, it's perhaps others that has just seen this trip as a jolly chancing their arm buying in the home support.

How are they managing to get tickets in the home end? On a different note, if I wanted to take my son down to a normal Liverpool game and sit in with the home crowd, how easy is it to get tickets?

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 4, 2022, 11:19:47 am »
I'd hope not, especially as they will be spread out, but sometimes you just can't legislate for drunken arseholes, and I'm afraid we have a fair few of them, especially if it's not the usual regulated official match goers, it's perhaps others that has just seen this trip as a jolly chancing their arm buying in the home support.

How are they managing to get tickets in the home end? On a different note, if I wanted to take my son down to a normal Liverpool game and sit in with the home crowd, how easy is it to get tickets?

Yeah problem is if you are brazen enough to buy in a home section then there's a good chance if you're not keeping quiet you are going to cause shit happening just by the fact they'd be taking the piss.

If you know people it's easy as so many are shipping their tickets these days, other than that you just need to go on touting/re-sale sites or twitter and you'll see a ton, half of them are scammers but still lots about.

If you wanted to take your son for a one off game then buy memberships, go for a game down the ladder and try the late sales, or go in the bulk sales in November for the second half of the season. Or if you have the dough then just get hospitality.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2022, 11:24:27 am by Andy82lfc »

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 4, 2022, 11:26:08 am »
Really need 2 wins against this lot for the belief to come back. With our recent form in the competition I would expect us to give this trophy another good go, if not the season could be long and frustrating. Really hope the crowd are giving it some noise as well.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 4, 2022, 11:26:20 am »
how have they been allowed to setup their own tifo at OUR ground? what on earth
YNWA.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 4, 2022, 11:29:32 am »
Imagine if we lose  ;D

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 4, 2022, 11:30:35 am »
how have they been allowed to setup their own tifo at OUR ground? what on earth

Queen liz?

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 4, 2022, 11:31:25 am »
Queen liz?

won't even surprise me...  :butt
YNWA.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #74 on: October 4, 2022, 11:38:03 am »
I’ve not heard anything positive about Rangers fans to be honest. I don’t think it’s a good thing they are going to be all over the ground either.

Browsed their forums. All of them saying the Irish flags better be taken down in the city centre or they’ll be taking it down themselves. Pathetic behaviour. Hope we stuff them tonight. Monarchy loving c*nts.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 4, 2022, 11:56:53 am »
Browsed their forums. All of them saying the Irish flags better be taken down in the city centre or they’ll be taking it down themselves. Pathetic behaviour. Hope we stuff them tonight. Monarchy loving c*nts.

Genuinely don’t know who they think they are like 🤣 wanting flags to be taken down just because they’re going to be in the city 😂 I hope we give them a good 5-0 to endure tonight. Don’t know how so many get seats in our end. Must be buying them off then websites.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 4, 2022, 11:59:33 am »

Well there's...and it could also be....nah.

they'd never do that and hope to blame another team.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 4, 2022, 12:06:02 pm »
Yeah problem is if you are brazen enough to buy in a home section then there's a good chance if you're not keeping quiet you are going to cause shit happening just by the fact they'd be taking the piss.

If you know people it's easy as so many are shipping their tickets these days, other than that you just need to go on touting/re-sale sites or twitter and you'll see a ton, half of them are scammers but still lots about.

If you wanted to take your son for a one off game then buy memberships, go for a game down the ladder and try the late sales, or go in the bulk sales in November for the second half of the season. Or if you have the dough then just get hospitality.

Thanks for the reply Andy, it's defo something I'd like to do with my son, perhaps wait until the wife is back at work and off Maternity Pay so I don't get moaned at about money lol.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 4, 2022, 12:06:29 pm »

;D

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 4, 2022, 12:23:20 pm »

Morons on forums, who'd have thought it eh. Good old keyboard warriors.