The Liverpool FC Forum > Hillsborough Memorial Board

Solidarity and tributes from fans of other clubs

<< < (2/176) > >>

Jrkopite:
Fair play to you but it's annoying the amount of people who are now showing "solidarity" after believing all the lies for the last twenty three years.

Barney_Rubble:

--- Quote from: gunnerstu on September 14, 2012, 08:52:42 pm ---If my changed reality is worth anything to you then here it is - use it and take it for what you can. I and anyone I've spoken to this week am shocked, stunned and absolutely behind the fans and their families.
--- End quote ---

That's one of the best things that has happened this week in a nutshell. A changed reality, and the fact that so many eyes have been opened to the true extent of the whole disgusting travesty. It's especially pleasing to hear it coming from opposition fans.

Pheeny:

--- Quote from: Jrkopite on September 14, 2012, 11:31:35 pm ---Fair play to you but it's annoying the amount of people who are now showing "solidarity" after believing all the lies for the last twenty three years.

--- End quote ---
surely that's a victory in its self?

boodiddy:
I've been touched by the response from rival clubs. I really have. I have been shocked by our so many people have immedialtely been visibly shocked and almost disgusted with themselves for believing the establishments version of events.

We have always known. Our club and the families can rejoice in the fact that most of the world knows the truth. That tinge of resentment to everyone connected with the club and hillsbrough has been dispersed. Now, we need to fight fo rjustice. But, the angels can rest in peace knowing they were totally blameless and everyone now knows.

Id love it if we could possibly show the world how truly great the club and people are. I was thinking it would be poignant to have a banner in the kop against united to commemorate those players and staff killed at Munich. We are the two greatest clubs in the world and with a global focus on it. Lets show the world. One city, one people, one mindset.

A truly special emotional club that can never be tarnished.

Em5y:

--- Quote from: gunnerstu on September 14, 2012, 08:52:42 pm ---I'm an Arsenal fan with no allegiances to LFC - but I've been moved to sign up to this forum today to show some solidarity with the fans and families of fans of LFC. I realise that this thread is in the wrong forum but I wasn't able to start one in the Hillsborough forum.

Its hard to express what I really feel - shame is the main feeling. I live in a society where I've allowed this to happen so I feel as much to blame as anyone for the truth not being heard earlier. I hope you can understand but you see the lies were convenient - they fitted and they were easy to swallow. Even as I stood for the minutes silence for the 96 at the Emirates last year I was only really honouring the dead on a human level - even then I was fairly sure of the version of reality that I'd decided upon.

This week has been shocking for me only on the realisation that I've got it wrong for so many years. I'd always known that there were lots of factors at play but having been to so many games in that era I'd just assumed.......but it was wrong.

If I'm this upset I don't know how those of you directly affected can be coping right now. If my changed reality is worth anything to you then here it is - use it and take it for what you can. I and anyone I've spoken to this week am shocked, stunned and absolutely behind the fans and their families. The truth won't be forgotten.  :'(

Good luck with the next steps and I hope you can find something positive to take forwards and find some normality after this.

RIP the 96 and peace for their loved ones.

--- End quote ---

Don't feel shame.

You were lied to by the very people you should be placing your trust in.  Be angry.

The fight for justice starts now, and as some of the other topics on this board show - there is plenty you can do to help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version