Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603896 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #7360 on: August 6, 2020, 09:16:46 pm »
Ben Simmons out indefinitely with left patella subluxation on the kneecap.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7361 on: August 7, 2020, 07:58:53 pm »
Portland vs Lakers in the first round one would be epic.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #7362 on: August 10, 2020, 01:05:37 pm »
The bubble games have been so much more entertaining than I thought they'd be.

Some really great games over the weekend. Highlights were the Nuggest/Jazz double OT, watching Luka demolish the best defence in the league and the Lillard/Beverley/George spat after the Blazers/Clippers game.

Playoffs are going to be so much fun.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7363 on: August 10, 2020, 11:10:16 pm »
Phoenix Suns 6-0 in the bubble

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7364 on: August 12, 2020, 05:34:55 pm »
The bubble is being opened up

Adrian Wojnarowski@wojespn
Players will be allowed to bring in family and "established longstanding personal friends," into The Bubble, per memo shared with teams today.

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7365 on: August 13, 2020, 01:28:12 pm »
Just seen Giannis is only getting a one game suspension for headbutting? That’s crazy!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7366 on: August 13, 2020, 01:31:05 pm »
What's crazy? That he only got one game?

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7367 on: August 13, 2020, 02:16:46 pm »
Yeah. Surely should be a little more than that? I’m only a casual watcher of NBA so not going to pretend I know the rules but just seems very lenient?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7368 on: August 13, 2020, 02:17:19 pm »
Yeah. Surely should be a little more than that? I’m only a casual watcher of NBA so not going to pretend I know the rules but just seems very lenient?

It is extremely lenient.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7369 on: August 13, 2020, 03:16:48 pm »
Damian Lillard is the best player in Basketball right now

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7370 on: August 13, 2020, 06:59:01 pm »
Damian Lillard is the best player in Basketball right now
Nah, he is not even top 5 in my book. It's all designed to have big stats in Portland for him. Best players bring titles or at least fight for it, not try to get 8th seed.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7371 on: August 13, 2020, 07:03:42 pm »
Nah, he is not even top 5 in my book. It's all designed to have big stats in Portland for him. Best players bring titles or at least fight for it, not try to get 8th seed.

Portland had no Nurkic for most of the season and have dealed with a load of injuries

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #7372 on: August 13, 2020, 07:17:57 pm »
He did get them to the conference final last year, didn't he? With an injury ravaged squad none the less. He's easily top 5 for me atm. An unbelievable talented and intelligent player who's also a complete assassin. He´s also probably the best and most positive leader on the NBA. There's very few players who are the complete package, but he's very close to it. It's very harsh to held his relatively lack of playoff success against him, when the best teammates he's had on the last couple of seasons have been C. J. McCollum and Nurkic. And if that was the case, then Harden and Giannis shouldn’t be on your top 5 either.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 07:29:33 pm by Lastrador »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7373 on: August 13, 2020, 08:39:02 pm »
He did get them to the conference final last year, didn't he? With an injury ravaged squad none the less. He's easily top 5 for me atm. An unbelievable talented and intelligent player who's also a complete assassin. He´s also probably the best and most positive leader on the NBA. There's very few players who are the complete package, but he's very close to it. It's very harsh to held his relatively lack of playoff success against him, when the best teammates he's had on the last couple of seasons have been C. J. McCollum and Nurkic. And if that was the case, then Harden and Giannis shouldn’t be on your top 5 either.
Don't get me wrong, we (Warriors) fans love surprise teams like Portland, Utah etc come play off time. I sure hope he kicks out one of Clippers or Lakers or hopefully both. But I've been seeing this kid for 8 years, he kept disappointing during the play-off's. Only time I remember him actually playing elite in the play off's was vs OKC. Other than that, he kept disappearing when it mattered. So he can get those cute 61 pts 51 its game during the regular season, I won't change my mind unless I see him doing it in post season. Those big points stat paddings is not hard in this no defense/3 point chucking era. Harden is not my top 5, Giannis is. Giannis is 5 yrs younger but in just a few seasons he made Bucks an elite team in the East.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7374 on: August 13, 2020, 08:42:34 pm »
The East 1st round is set already:

Bucks vs Magic
Raptors vs Nets
Celtics vs Sixers
Heat vs Pacers

Sabonis and Simmons being out kills Celtics-76ers and Heat-Pacers series imo, 2nd round would be awesome though.
None of these 4 will be sweeps though.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7375 on: August 17, 2020, 12:20:39 pm »
Playoffs start tonight. Shame none of the matchups are particularly interesting except the Rockets v Thunder.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7376 on: August 17, 2020, 03:02:35 pm »
Playoffs start tonight. Shame none of the matchups are particularly interesting except the Rockets v Thunder.
Nuggets-Jazz series should be a lot of fun imo.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7377 on: August 17, 2020, 10:25:03 pm »
Nuggets-Jazz series should be a lot of fun imo.

Well the first game sounded fun.

Only guessing though because Sky Sports weren't showing it for some reason. Looks like we're only getting one playoff game a night from them which is utterly ridiculous given the lack of live sport at the moment.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7378 on: August 17, 2020, 11:29:32 pm »
Well the first game sounded fun.

Only guessing though because Sky Sports weren't showing it for some reason. Looks like we're only getting one playoff game a night from them which is utterly ridiculous given the lack of live sport at the moment.

It's fucking stupid especially with the games actually being played at watchable times as well.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7379 on: August 18, 2020, 01:20:56 pm »
Porzingis ejection was disgusting yesterday, it's the play-off's ffs, how soft are you trying to make this game?
Mavs were to win it imo. Seems like NBA can't wait for Clippers-Lakers on the Western conference.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7380 on: August 18, 2020, 01:21:54 pm »
Bucks-Magic should be yawn but I have good expectations from Pacers-Heat.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7381 on: August 18, 2020, 01:22:32 pm »
Doncic dropped 44 pts, but he's got stop turning the ball over so much [11]

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7382 on: August 18, 2020, 02:53:58 pm »
Also insane performance from Donovan Mitchell, too bad his team fucked it up in the end.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7383 on: August 18, 2020, 08:46:03 pm »
well well well, Orlando proved me wrong!

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #7384 on: August 18, 2020, 08:56:06 pm »
well well well, Orlando proved me wrong!
So strange. They did this to Toronto last year, too.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7385 on: August 18, 2020, 09:10:07 pm »
Big upset there. Again, shame I couldn't watch it. Thanks for nothing Sky Sports

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7386 on: August 18, 2020, 09:13:02 pm »
So strange. They did this to Toronto last year, too.
Yeah, Raptors didn't lose by 10+ though, this was ugly for the Bucks. When you rely on Middleton and Bledsoe (even Lopez to some degree) to shoot well, this sometimes happens. I think Bucks win in 5 but if they lose the next game, they are truly screwed. Good to see Fultz doing well.

Maybe this was Orlando having home advantage in effect? 8)

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7387 on: August 18, 2020, 09:14:59 pm »
Big upset there. Again, shame I couldn't watch it. Thanks for nothing Sky Sports
Pacers-Heat should be good too

https://www.vipboxtv.se/stream-miami-heat-vs-indiana-pacers-live-1

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7388 on: August 18, 2020, 09:29:31 pm »
To an outsider like me, are the Giannis Bucks a lot like the early LeBron Cavs? A superstar with a supporting cast of 'he's fine, I guess' that doesn't really work in the playoffs?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7389 on: August 18, 2020, 10:19:06 pm »
To an outsider like me, are the Giannis Bucks a lot like the early LeBron Cavs? A superstar with a supporting cast of 'he's fine, I guess' that doesn't really work in the playoffs?
A bit but not entirely. I think Lebron had way worse cast than this Bucks team in his early Cavs years. He took a team of Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Eric Snow and freaking Pavlovic to the finals.

This is the year Bucks make the finals imo. Celtics too inexperienced and Raptors too short handed imo.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #7390 on: August 18, 2020, 10:45:42 pm »

His Bucks are a much better squad than the likes Lebron had.
But Lebron was on another level than Giannis, he hit the ground running all the way back when he was a rookie.

Still not convinced Giannis can win a Championship unless he starts scoring from range or gets another bonafide 2nd scorer to share the ball in the clutch (and give him space).
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7391 on: August 19, 2020, 07:31:27 am »
Lakers are in deep trouble this Portland side are better than the one last season that reached the conference finals. Portland have got Nurkic back from injury and have added Melo to the side.

If Portland wins this series it's not much of a shock as when fully healthy the Blazers are more of a 3rd or 4th seed rather than an 8th seed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 07:33:11 am by kloppagetime »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7392 on: August 19, 2020, 07:58:38 am »
I think the Lakers will work it out and end up winning in 6, same with the Bucks.

Do think the Lakers have a problem with their 3 point shooting. Not been very good in the bubble and went 5/32 last night which just isn't going to cut it in the playoffs.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7393 on: August 19, 2020, 08:39:33 am »
I think the Lakers will work it out and end up winning in 6, same with the Bucks.

Do think the Lakers have a problem with their 3 point shooting. Not been very good in the bubble and went 5/32 last night which just isn't going to cut it in the playoffs.
Anthony Davis has to show up. As much as i love James he really has to turn in to playoffs mode sooner rather than later.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7394 on: August 19, 2020, 12:18:26 pm »
Anthony Davis has to show up. As much as i love James he really has to turn in to playoffs mode sooner rather than later.

Wasn't he 8/24 or something like that? They're not going to even make the finals with him playing like that never mind win a title.

Worrying thing for the Lakers is that Portland weren't really at their best either.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #7395 on: August 19, 2020, 06:01:27 pm »
Hey lads... if you are up for an entirely new kind of NFL fantasy league - 1st time (Hunger Games meets PPR) check this out:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345849.0

Taking managers now
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #7396 on: August 20, 2020, 08:40:36 am »
Lakers are in deep trouble this Portland side are better than the one last season that reached the conference finals. Portland have got Nurkic back from injury and have added Melo to the side.

If Portland wins this series it's not much of a shock as when fully healthy the Blazers are more of a 3rd or 4th seed rather than an 8th seed.

Lakers should be fine. Lebron's teams almost always tend to lose one of their first 2 games, surprisingly enough.
The Portland backcourt is electric though, and Melo is a smart wildcard they picked up. But I think over a series, the Lakers have more fire power. I can't imagine the supporting cast will play as bad as they did in the first game.

Sixers definitely out, and I was disappointed the Mavs didn't win the first game, though they won the second. They're just a better team whereas the Clippers seem to be a team of better players without a nice flow to them. Luka with the ball in his hands is more of a threat than Leonard, he just offers more options for his team, and that might be the difference. Crazy to think it's only his second season. Not that many players put up those sorts of numbers that early in their career, and he's doing it as the main scorer and creator on his team. Not so sure Porzingis is the best partner in crime for him, they'll need another bonafide scorer to start eying championships.

Indy vs Heat. The most exciting series to watch that no one cares enough about. ;D Neither team will go far, but that's going to be a fun series, though can't see the Heat dropping a loss.

Bucks, meh. Still not sold on a Giannis led team that requires him to do everything with the caveat that he has to penetrate every single possesion to get buckets. No outside shot +absolutely no 3pt range = not getting any closer to the FInals.

I think even more than football, basketball and the NBA are really suffering without the fans watching. They're so close to the players, the noise makes a massive difference, you can't even play in the park without people spectating, this must be surreal for the players. And forget about homecourt, it's just the difference in where the sit and that's it. At the very least, the NBA should have added some floor design or colour that matched the home team, or something. The teams that have players that thrive on challenges, and have great leaders, are the ones that will benefit immensely (more so than usual).

*Celtics are flying. I should be annoyed by the fact that the Celtics and Lakers are doing so well (well not yet for the Lakers), but it is nice to see teams with those sorts of history come to relevance again. Even the Heat are fun to watch, and watching the Pacers lose again is always worth a snigger or two.
 ;D
Aaah, the life of a Knicks supporter. Our decade will come, if not this decade than the next..
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7397 on: August 20, 2020, 09:38:14 am »
Wide open for me this season their are a number of teams who could win it all as for me their is no standout out favourite for the title.

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #7398 on: August 20, 2020, 10:31:25 am »

I think even more than football, basketball and the NBA are really suffering without the fans watching. They're so close to the players, the noise makes a massive difference, you can't even play in the park without people spectating, this must be surreal for the players. And forget about homecourt, it's just the difference in where the sit and that's it. At the very least, the NBA should have added some floor design or colour that matched the home team, or something. The teams that have players that thrive on challenges, and have great leaders, are the ones that will benefit immensely (more so than usual).

I don't know. I think the basketball we've seen in the bubble has been great. I guess these players, with nothing much to do, really have only basketball to focus on. Especially now that you're in playoffs, everyone is looking sharp, except 76érs (poor Embiid) and Nets (who seem to be happy just to be there).
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7399 on: August 20, 2020, 11:16:35 am »
Mavs would be 2-0 up but for that BS Porzingis ejection in Game 1. Very annoying as I want to see Luka go far in these playoffs, he's the most exciting prospect in the league IMO