Author Topic: Boot Room Cafe  (Read 13305 times)

Offline Sar75

• no common sents
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boot Room Cafe
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 10:52:37 pm »
Been to Carra's loads of times and it's always been good.  Having a bit of a celebration with some mates in a few weeks time and was thinking of it again but was wondering would the Boot Room Cafe be better?

I much prefer the food in Boot Room Cafe compared to Carra's. However, been to Carra's in the evening and thought the atmosphere was great, really vibrant and good for a celebration. I haven't been to Boot room in the evening so can't really tell you what it's like at night! Haven't really helped have I- sorry. All I can say is, if you were going for food alone I think Boot Room is far nicer.....
To work hard and have our supporters behind us and believing until the end, you run a little bit more.
Rafa Benitez

Offline Rossie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2011, 09:35:35 pm »
I much prefer the food in Boot Room Cafe compared to Carra's. However, been to Carra's in the evening and thought the atmosphere was great, really vibrant and good for a celebration. I haven't been to Boot room in the evening so can't really tell you what it's like at night! Haven't really helped have I- sorry. All I can say is, if you were going for food alone I think Boot Room is far nicer.....
Thanks mate, think I'm leaning towards Carra's as usual, handier for the pubs after too.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."  Rafa Benitez, 01/Nov/'10.

Offline Styf

• Lyttle Fyngers
  • Anny Roader
  • You can't buy atmosphere
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2012, 12:08:22 am »
Anyone who knows if The Boot Room are showing QPR-Liverpool? I can see the game is on Sky Sports 1 so I assume they show the game, but I need to be sure, because I'm at Goodison to watch Everton-Chelsea, so I need to find a spot for our game as fast as possible.
BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2012, 01:05:20 am »
Failing that, the Sandon will have it on no doubt.

Offline Kop202

• Main Stander
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2012, 09:27:13 pm »
Anyone who knows if The Boot Room are showing QPR-Liverpool? I can see the game is on Sky Sports 1 so I assume they show the game, but I need to be sure, because I'm at Goodison to watch Everton-Chelsea, so I need to find a spot for our game as fast as possible.

?? Any pub around Anfield will show the game. Pretty sure The Boot Room will have it as well. Have only been there once to watch a game and that was the Wolves v Liverpool one where Mereiles scored that goal and Andy Gray had his final day at work.

Offline Joxer

• Anny Roader
  • Rafas Redmen, We ride at dawn
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2019, 06:59:50 pm »
Anyone ever been to this on the match day hospitality packages? Just wonder how they do it for the early kick offs (Burnley game)..

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #46 on: February 2, 2019, 04:12:42 am »
Yes. But given the whole coffee shop market is taking the proverbial, £1.95 is restrained!!

£3.45 for a medium coffee & biscuit in Costa with NHS staff discount. Material costs probably about 20p!

The Quarter Cafe by Blackburn House is £2.05 for a coffee. I get to sit outside and look at the Anglican too.

Fuck Costa.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 2, 2019, 04:14:25 am »
Just realised this thread is years old. Wonder how much it is for a coffee in Costa these days.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 2, 2019, 10:51:45 am »
Just realised this thread is years old. Wonder how much it is for a coffee in Costa these days.
£1.99 mate with a free muffin mate.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #49 on: February 2, 2019, 11:04:48 am »

Coffee is big business, Whitbread sold Costa to Coca Cola for nearly £4 billion last year. It’s insane how it’s taken off over the last decade or so.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 3, 2019, 01:41:12 pm »
£1.99 mate with a free muffin mate.

Not bad but I try to stay away from places like Costa. I just love starting my day sitting outside the Quarter. The staff have gotten to know me now which I like. Things like how was your recent trip away and stuff like that. The think Iam mad though as Ive been sitting outside still all this week.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: February 3, 2019, 01:42:06 pm »
Coffee is big business, Whitbread sold Costa to Coca Cola for nearly £4 billion last year. It’s insane how it’s taken off over the last decade or so.

Programmes like Friends have surely played a part.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #52 on: February 3, 2019, 01:58:20 pm »
Programmes like Friends have surely played a part.

No doubt, one thing I've also noticed increasingly over the last 6-7 years is the number of youngsters that don't drink.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 3, 2019, 03:00:22 pm »
No doubt, one thing I've also noticed increasingly over the last 6-7 years is the number of youngsters that don't drink.

Not really noticed that being honest on a big scale being honest.

Sitting outside the Quarter now and a bit of sun is breaking through the clouds as the Anglican bells are ringing. It' s beautiful and pretty spiritual too.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 3, 2019, 03:03:24 pm »
Just as I posted that the bells stopped.

:lmao

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 3, 2019, 09:08:51 pm »
Can't be arsed starting a thread on this but there was a blackout tonight . Cycling up Seel St I noticed from Colquit St onwards had no street lights on. All the way up to Catherine St was blacked out and one side of Canning St too. Was crackers. All I could hear going up was ' What's going on ' . I did stop off at one point by the Grapes and spoke to some arl couple and we all reckoned that it must've been like this in the arl days and especially zee Blitz. A very surreal experience .

« Last Edit: February 3, 2019, 09:13:25 pm by kesey »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #56 on: March 6, 2019, 08:33:39 pm »
Anyone ever been to this on the match day hospitality packages? Just wonder how they do it for the early kick offs (Burnley game)..

They serve breakfast. Self service of pastries, cold meats and smoked fish then a served hot breakfast. Think it was the worst hot breakfast i’ve ever had 😔