Author Topic: Liverpool vs Real Madrid  (Read 72688 times)

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
Re: Liverpool vs Real Madrid
« Reply #1000 on: April 13, 2021, 10:31:07 pm »
I dont understand why people are saying this is a job too far for us.

Real Madrid are fuck all.

We've said the same thing every time we've played them since 2009 and we've been beaten each time.

They are by no means the Real of a few years ago & I do believe we can beat them and get a result, but I'm pretty sure our manager and players wont be going into the match against the 13 time European champions, who currently sit top of La Liga thinking they are 'fuck all'.  :lmao

Therefore we should also treat the game with the respect it deserves and know we're in for a very hard battle & are big underdogs.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1001 on: April 13, 2021, 10:36:08 pm »
We've said the same thing every time we've played them since 2009 and we've been beaten each time.

Dunno about that. In 2014 I fully expected them to beat us home and away, I mean fair fucks to anyone who didn't but they were light years ahead of us then. Kiev was a coin flip before Ramos did his thing and karius did his. Tomorrow....dunno really. But this isn't an exceptional Madrid side.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1002 on: April 13, 2021, 10:39:07 pm »
We’ve had close to relegation form in the league for 3 months - the quality has been atrocious. The last time we looked capable of tearing a team to shreds like we did Barca, or even scored early? You’d have to go back to 2020. It’s going to take something unique.

This isn't strictly true. Only United and City have more points than us last 6 games. We have definitely improved since Kabak came in and Fab went back to midfield
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 10:42:33 pm by B0151? »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: April 13, 2021, 10:39:57 pm »
Just hope we give it a Real go and none of this low intensity shite. Would rather we went down with all guns blazing rather than a tame surrender.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1004 on: April 13, 2021, 10:40:52 pm »
This isn't strictly true. Only United and City have more points than us last 6 games.
Although I would agree with your wider point of course

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #1005 on: April 13, 2021, 10:41:44 pm »
They are probably gonna score so we will need to score at least 4 to go through in 90 mins...Gini and Fab in the holding roll and play the Fab 4.....Liverpool 4 Madrid 1
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1006 on: April 13, 2021, 10:45:56 pm »
Although I would agree with your wider point of course

Are you living in cloud cookbook land?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: April 13, 2021, 11:10:08 pm »
Dunno about that. In 2014 I fully expected them to beat us home and away, I mean fair fucks to anyone who didn't but they were light years ahead of us then. Kiev was a coin flip before Ramos did his thing and karius did his. Tomorrow....dunno really. But this isn't an exceptional Madrid side.

No I get that, but they are sitting at the top of La Liga mate, so they are not 'fuck all' as the other poster suggested. They've got some exceptional players that can hurt us, as do we to them. As you say, im not sure how it will go tomorrow - i'm looking forward to it and I really hope we can do it. But if we do manage to go through, it'll be because we'll have had to conjure an unbelievable performance & it wont be because they are not an exceptional side.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1008 on: April 13, 2021, 11:10:15 pm »
its not as big an ask as two years ago v Barcelona i guess if you compare the 2 situations. i know we were in better form back then  but we were 3-0 down to a team containing Messi and had to play the second leg without 2 key players. no one thought we had a hope in that game and expected Barcelona to at least score one. this time we have an away goal.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #1009 on: April 13, 2021, 11:14:32 pm »
I just hope the players play with confidence and belief. That's all I ask.

My prediction is wild. I think we'll win 5-2 in extra time!!

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1010 on: April 13, 2021, 11:20:46 pm »
Think we need everything to click tomorrow. 2-0 phillips and trent
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1011 on: April 13, 2021, 11:23:22 pm »
2-0

So do-able.

Very.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: April 13, 2021, 11:24:03 pm »
its not as big an ask as two years ago v Barcelona i guess if you compare the 2 situations. i know we were in better form back then  but we were 3-0 down to a team containing Messi and had to play the second leg without 2 key players. no one thought we had a hope in that game and expected Barcelona to at least score one. this time we have an away goal.

On the way out of the ground, one of their fans handed me his scarf and said they had travelled to pretty much every stadium in Europe watching Madrid play, and he had never experienced an atmosphere like we produced that night.

There is absolutely no chance that result would have happened without the fans. No chance.

Tomorrow, we only trail by 2 goals on paper, and yes we have an away goal, but i honestly believe our supporters are worth 1 or 2 goals a game in Europe.

Someone suggested we'll have to score 4 to win as they will score one - to do would take one of the best all time Liverpool results in European football, without fans. It's a big, big ask....but doable. I really cant wait.

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #1013 on: April 13, 2021, 11:30:36 pm »
I don't have it in me to think we won't win. I'll believe until the final whistle. Heck, I'll probably believe even after the final whistle, hoping for a divine intervention. I'll believe until I see some other captain, in some shirt other than Liverpool's lift Big Ears. I owe Jurgen that much.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1014 on: April 13, 2021, 11:32:39 pm »
On the way out of the ground, one of their fans handed me his scarf and said they had travelled to pretty much every stadium in Europe watching Madrid play, and he had never experienced an atmosphere like we produced that night.

There is absolutely no chance that result would have happened without the fans. No chance.

Tomorrow, we only trail by 2 goals on paper, and yes we have an away goal, but i honestly believe our supporters are worth 1 or 2 goals a game in Europe.

Someone suggested we'll have to score 4 to win as they will score one - to do would take one of the best all time Liverpool results in European football, without fans. It's a big, big ask....but doable. I really cant wait.

3-1 takes us to extra time. 0-0 after an hour still gives us a chance. We just have to right the wrongs of the first leg. There is a good reason Klopp has only lost one two legged European tie with us. Even that game against Atletico we totally dominated the 2nd leg.

The first leg was played in a training camp. The 2nd will be played in a ground in which we have great memories of overturning deficits.

The pressure is all on Madrid.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: April 13, 2021, 11:43:33 pm »
No butterflies like CL butterflies.

Might be convinced we have no chance but it’s the hope that kills you - this game has still absolutely dominated my thoughts this past week.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1016 on: April 13, 2021, 11:46:31 pm »
No butterflies like CL butterflies.

Might be convinced we have no chance but it’s the hope that kills you - this game has still absolutely dominated my thoughts this past week.

I used to love that.

Would Ria find out how to sort her life out? Would Ben find out about Leonard? And would Adam and Russel finally sort themselves out and get a job?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #1017 on: April 13, 2021, 11:59:52 pm »
Surely my eternal fave lone Kopite shout no matter how good a side it happens to be we're playing against. First heard it against the then World Champions Inter Milan in '65 and it opened my eyes as to what it really does mean to be a Red. The defiant innate scouseness of it never fails to charm.

" Come 'ead Reds, these are fuckin shite these"

;D

Has often worked wonders over the years. Got a hunch it'll do so again tomorrow night.  :)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 12:10:17 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: April 14, 2021, 12:01:03 am »
Do us proud lads - one for the manager -  :scarf

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: April 14, 2021, 12:02:36 am »
Do your best, everything else is a bonus :)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1020 on: April 14, 2021, 12:10:50 am »
He said he was the worst midfielder to play the game, has a gimpy leg and looks like a nonce. Pass it on.
I don't think leg gimp or noncery are contagious...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1021 on: April 14, 2021, 12:13:49 am »
I don't have it in me to think we won't win. I'll believe until the final whistle. Heck, I'll probably believe even after the final whistle, hoping for a divine intervention. I'll believe until I see some other captain, in some shirt other than Liverpool's lift Big Ears. I owe Jurgen that much.
Well said. More posts like these, rather than those calling our players shite, would be nice.

(also, said it before but love your username; surprised the Mods haven't written over it...:) )
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online redintweed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1022 on: April 14, 2021, 12:16:20 am »
Yep. If we had our first choice defence, I'd be confident of getting a 2-0 win. Madrid will score, and once they do it will kill the tie.

The most I ask is that the boys show some fight.

If we had our first choice defence, we probably wouldn't need to win 2-0....

But seriously, if you look at the players we had out for the Barca tie, no one really gave us a chance. I said it before the first game, but it all depends on how Kabak and Nat play. They need some help though. The midfield needs to put pressure on Kroos and Modric and not give them the time to pick those long balls and incisive passes.

It's doable, but one mistake and we are in bother....
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #1023 on: April 14, 2021, 12:18:52 am »

(also, said it before but love your username; surprised the Mods haven't written over it...:) )

Please don't give them any ideas!  ;D
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #1024 on: April 14, 2021, 12:19:12 am »
Great post, excellent first line let's do this.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: April 14, 2021, 01:34:14 am »
It's impossible.

i said that in 2019
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #1026 on: April 14, 2021, 03:11:00 am »
Keep writing new chapters in your own stories lads, not re-reading great old stories of the past.
You'll Never Walk Alone
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1027 on: April 14, 2021, 03:23:57 am »
This is the only way I know how to support the club - the more uphill the comeback task is, the higher is my gung-ho passion and optimism.

So with that, come one redmen - I really really need a win in life :/

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1028 on: April 14, 2021, 04:52:57 am »
I really struggle to see Gini as an ace anymore, unfortunately, and Curtis is more creative. Even Milner would be a better choice than Gini IMO

It's almost exactly the same as pre-Barca, Gini was lost, even Klopp thought so, then he comes on and scores 2
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: April 14, 2021, 05:16:30 am »
Make Us Dream.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #1030 on: April 14, 2021, 06:24:50 am »
I will have to agree with you. Hopefully Gini proves us wrong because there is no way Klopp does not start Gini if he is fit. Please Gini, Barcelona is watching you. Put in one of your brilliant performance that we have not seen for a very long time.
The whole team has struggled at times this season and Gini shouldn't be singled out in a season where he had to carry our entire midfield for 5 months. He's one of those rare players that doesn't stand out over the 90 minutes, yet rarely puts a foot wrong - the classic 'dont know what you've got till its gone' player.

Against top midfielders we need someone like him due to his energy, his ability to look after the ball and shield it from others under pressure, and his big game experience. There is a reason he's played almost every game available under Klopp.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #1031 on: April 14, 2021, 06:38:32 am »
Could learn something from Bayern game yesterday. I really thought they could go through after pressing PSG for most of the game, but still can afford only one goal.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: April 14, 2021, 06:41:05 am »
The whole team has struggled at times this season and Gini shouldn't be singled out in a season where he had to carry our entire midfield for 5 months. He's one of those rare players that doesn't stand out over the 90 minutes, yet rarely puts a foot wrong - the classic 'dont know what you've got till its gone' player.

Against top midfielders we need someone like him due to his energy, his ability to look after the ball and shield it from others under pressure, and his big game experience. There is a reason he's played almost every game available under Klopp.

Gini is so obsessed with not putting a foot wrong that he doesn't put a foot right very often either. A total non entity when we've needed him to actually carry our midfield instead of being an observer.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1033 on: April 14, 2021, 07:11:02 am »
We falter every time I get my hopes up for this season. So I shall do a magic trick and not have any hope for this game.

You can all thank me later.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #1034 on: April 14, 2021, 07:43:12 am »
It's almost exactly the same as pre-Barca, Gini was lost, even Klopp thought so, then he comes on and scores 2
Yeah, that would be our Gini, the mystery man. Show absolutely nothing for months, then suddenly play like Zidane and make Modric look like a pub player. He's got that level in him. What has Gini played for us, 200 games? I still don't really get him. He's got bags of skill that he uses 10% of the time. Since Curtis seems to be out, I guess we have to pray that you are right.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 07:44:51 am by jepovic »

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1035 on: April 14, 2021, 07:49:49 am »
We can definitely get the two goals we need. It'll be a tough ask keeping a clean sheet but let's see!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1036 on: April 14, 2021, 07:50:54 am »
Can’t believe Dortmund was 5 years ago (to the day). Need to somehow summon the spirit of that night and the Barca night and Auxerre and St Etienne and Olympiacos and all the others when the stadium was full and unlikely comebacks were made possible, then likely (then sometimes improbable again!) before becoming reality. A tough ask without the supporters but Real Madrid are fully aware this morning that strange things can and do happen on that hallowed and sacred ground.

That bus welcome 5 years ago btw, stood at the scaffolding by the King Harry, was one of the maddest things I’ve ever had the privilege of seeing. Dortmund were cooked before they’d even got to the ground ;D

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #1037 on: April 14, 2021, 08:17:21 am »
To cheer you all up a bit, lads...  :)  :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ik-DhHJM8eo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ik-DhHJM8eo</a>
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #1038 on: April 14, 2021, 08:45:45 am »
Gini is so obsessed with not putting a foot wrong that he doesn't put a foot right very often either. A total non entity when we've needed him to actually carry our midfield instead of being an observer.
That's harsh for a player that hasn't had Henderson or Fabinho next to him for most of the season. Which are the games where he hasn't he put a foot right? There's lots of critics of him this season with very little evidence to back it up. If you're using goal output, dribbling, or defence splitting passes as your criteria then you'll be disappointed. If you're using ball retention, ball recycling in transition, tackling, retaining rhythm, pressing, cutting out passing lanes and covering every blade of grass in midfield (i.e. the exact role Klopp has given him for 5 seasons), then you'll see what he brings and why he is picked so regularly. Players don't have to always have the ball at their feet to be performing their role well.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 09:32:51 am by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1039 on: April 14, 2021, 08:54:28 am »
I reckon Klopp starts Naby and Thiago, he fucking loves a redemption story, and this has one written all over it.

But the problem we have, and our midfield can go toe to toe with theirs, is they’ll just sit back and whack it long at the Trent/Phillips channel all day long. Drop Fab back and we’ll lose the midfield.

It’s quite the tactical dilemma Klopp is facing.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him