Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2491488 times)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Abraham all comes down to price. If we can get him for say 25 - 35 million then he's probably worth that right off the bat if he plays to his current level. He can score 10 - 12 goals a season and be in the rotation.

If they are chatting 50 million or so then you have to ask "is he going to be a 20 goal a season striker? Is he good enough to be the main striker for a team with ambitions to win the PL" Which he hasn't hasn't yet but he might be under the right guidance and tactics.

But yeah for around 30 million he is a no brainer. If you start going above that, not as much.

I can't see him going abroad, I see him going to possibly a team like Spurs especially if they lose Kane.

Spurs fans would lose it if the replace Kane with Abraham, he will go to a mid table club, no club fighting for champions league places will take the risk on him, especially if he’s supposed to be the main striker.

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
You’re very welcome to go and look at how many crosses they make and how many chances / goals it creates

In terms of goals created, in the previous two seasons it was pretty great, that much is surely uncontroversial.

"Crosses are an ineffective way of scoring" seems meaningless to me as a blanket statement. You can prove that kicking the ball is an ineffective way of scoring by the same method, that doesn't usually result in a goal either.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
St Maximin would be great at us

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
In terms of goals created, in the previous two seasons it was pretty great, that much is surely uncontroversial.

"Crosses are an ineffective way of scoring" seems meaningless to me as a blanket statement. You can prove that kicking the ball is an ineffective way of scoring by the same method, that doesn't usually result in a goal either.

I said inefficient not ineffective and that was part of a sentence which went on to differentiate between types of crosses to explain the statement

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
This would be surprising given that he has only started 4 league games all season and he was subbed off in 3 of them, one after 46 minutes.

Porto are rarely playing with a defensive midfielder in the domestic league. That is why Grujic has started more games in the Champions League ...

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
I said inefficient not ineffective and that was part of a sentence which went on to differentiate between types of crosses to explain the statement

Fair enough, not sure I buy that deep lying, not cut-back, crosses are necessarily inefficient either, but I'll leave it and I did perhaps misread that post a bit.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp seems in a good mood recently. Do you reckon he has been told he will be taking Mbappe up the Big Dipper?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Klopp seems in a good mood recently. Do you reckon he has been told he will be taking Mbappe up the Big Dipper?
No
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
St Maximin would be great at us

As well as or instead of Ollie Watkins?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
As well as or instead of Ollie Watkins?

Saint Maximin, Watkins and Almiron would be a great summers work for us

G’wan MD1990, you stick to your guns. Ollie Watkins is great.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!

Shudder.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Shudder.

Yeah, Watkins would ruin what would otherwise be a great transfer window.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Yeah, Watkins would ruin what would otherwise be a great transfer window.

;D

Indeed.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Seen Ousmane Dembele being linked the last day or so.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

I think he is amazing but he has probably had more hamstring injuries in such a short space of time than any footballer ever.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Seen Ousmane Dembele being linked the last day or so two or three years.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
We have enough injury prone players at the club already.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Still only 23, and will have 12 months left on his contract in the summer. Hasn't suffered any significant injuries this season. Could be the bargain of the summer transfer window ...

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Still only 23, and will have 12 months left on his contract in the summer. Hasn't suffered any significant injuries this season. Could be the bargain of the summer transfer window ...

It would be such a gamble. I think he is great and if he were to stay injury free then it would be a bargain. Problem is he needs his pace and surely all those hamstring injuries will come home to roost.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan

Watkins or Raphinha would be great

Neto too but he is injured

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
Watkins or Raphinha would be great

Neto too but he is injured

Why do you keep mentioning Watkins? He is bang average and has little chance of playing for Liverpool, I don’t get it.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Why do you keep mentioning Watkins? He is bang average and has little chance of playing for Liverpool, I don’t get it.

Because he is Ollie Watkins.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
It would be such a gamble. I think he is great and if he were to stay injury free then it would be a bargain. Problem is he needs his pace and surely all those hamstring injuries will come home to roost.

Yes, definitely a high risk/high reward scenario. Someone will make that gamble, but I doubt it will be us ...

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
I was replying to a post.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You were replying to someone clearly taking the piss out of you. How naive can you be mate?  ;D

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
You were replying to someone clearly taking the piss out of you. How naive can you be mate?  ;D
;D of course i know they were taking the piss.

i think if Jota was mentioned this time last season it wouldnt have been met with much excitement.
Would have been said he wasn't clinical etc.
I mentioned him early last summer.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:10:59 pm by MD1990 »

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
We should go full PL superstar mode and get Zaha, Saint-Maximin and Traore, blistering pace all over the pitch and a guaranteed 3-4 goals a season.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
;D of course i know they were taking the piss.

i think if Jota was mentioned this time last season it wouldnt have been met with much excitement.
Would have been said he wasn't clinical etc.
I mentioned him early last summer.
Not sure about that mate, I don't know one Liverpool fan who wasn't happy with Jota. I don't know one Liverpool fan who would be happy with Watkins. It would be like signing Ricky Lambert.

He had only one good season in the championship where he score 24 goals but he scored 10 in each of the seasons before that (2 being pens) with over 30 games each season He has reverted to the mean again this year infront of goals and has missed the same amount of big chances as Firmino.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Watkins cost Villa ~30m. One year into his contract surely he'd cost us about 50m? Seems like you could do much better for less.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Watkins isn't better than anything we currently have.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan

Bringing in a good old fashioned English centre back like James Tarkowski or Lewis Dunk would be the icing on the cake.

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Anny Roader
Saint Maximin turns up about 3 games in 10, Ollie Watkins is at his level playing for Villa - let’s move on we can do much better.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Saint Maximin turns up about 3 games in 10, Ollie Watkins is at his level playing for Villa - let’s move on we can do much better.

Yeah, once we get Konate and Almiron in, I think we probably need at least one more forward.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Almirón? That better not be true. Does he even have 10 goals in total since he came to the PL? Plus he is at an age where he should be playing his best football.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
Well, 3 months after we've had the last discussion on Lautaro Martinez in here, he is yet to sign a new contract at Inter, has sacked his agent, and is talking to Jorge Mendes about being represented by him ...

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
So The Blades are officially going down. Anyone for Sander Berge? Could he do the Gini job?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
Bringing in a good old fashioned English centre back like James Tarkowski or Lewis Dunk would be the icing on the cake.

Joking aside, Tarkowski wouldn’t be the worst signing given he did come through Brentford and is decent on the ball. Obviously we won’t sign him given Konaté looks nailed on and we’ll probably redeem Kabak but could definitely see Tarkowski get a move to a Leicester in the summer given he’ll have 12 months left on his deal.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
Yeah, once we get Konate and Almiron in, I think we probably need at least one more forward.

Joelinton may be available, so that would complete the set for the window.  A Brazilian that played at Hoffenheim?  Sounds good.  He and Almiron can continue their partnership here.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 06:03:48 am by skipper757 »
King Kenny.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"They will look for value and invest in exciting potential rather than the finished article. The pot will be topped up with the proceeds from player sales."

https://theathletic.com/2521938/2021/04/18/no-showpiece-finals-and-no-glory-but-liverpool-still-have-plenty-left-to-fight-for/

Damn. No Mbappe then. Oh well.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."