Author Topic: Champions of England All Time XI Draft Sign Up Thread  (Read 33300 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: Champions of England All Time XI Draft Sign Up Thread
« Reply #760 on: July 8, 2020, 01:17:12 pm »
Agree with Viva and Robbie here.   I can think of about 10 people here in drafts over the years that leave, have left or want to leave because of this clique-ish bullshit - precisely because of stuff like this.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #761 on: July 8, 2020, 01:28:46 pm »
What even :lmao
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: July 8, 2020, 01:29:41 pm »
Agree with Viva and Robbie here.   I can think of about 10 people here in drafts over the years that leave, have left or want to leave because of this clique-ish bullshit - precisely because of stuff like this.

Trend I got nothing against you mate, but this is absolute nonsense. This has nothing to do with cliques and whatever issue you have with betty.

You have Robbie who was raising a point about whether or not Cole could play up front by himself. Now in the history of all the drafts I've done, there have been hundreds of centerforwards played as central strikers, who always for the most part in their careers have played with another striker next to them, in a 4-4-2 formation. No one, and I mean no one, has ever said ''Why are you playing X striker by himself, he's never played by himself up front''

In any case that point by Robbie isn't a big deal, I don't think it's foreign for a centerforward to play by himself, particularly in my line up given that Lampard is making runs to the box and Salah plays in and around the box.

So robbie selects Henry, one of the greatest centerforwards in the English league, picks him ahead of van persie mind you in the draft, and then proceeds to play him as a left winger/forward with Van persie central. The same henry who was world class as a central forward in England through out his whole time in favor of Van Persie? This has fck all to do with cliques and whatever other nonsense you are all on about, so please dont interject with whatever issues you have and then try to tag me along with it as if I am in some clique. It's a football issue. Who the fck is sacrificing Henry on the flank in favor of Robie bleeding Van persie?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: July 8, 2020, 01:34:28 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: July 8, 2020, 01:36:15 pm »
Two numbers left. Who hasn't taken theirs yet?

I'll take 3.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: July 8, 2020, 01:37:00 pm »
I may be bullshitty and cliquey but....what was the third thing you said?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: July 8, 2020, 01:39:29 pm »
DeFacto chill, no one has their panties in a twist, their sitting fine here thanks :)

Yours was not a final team post, it was a sketch if you like similar to Elzar, I was offering support but I guess it came across differently, although I was complimentary as I was Elzar, he was grateful you took it differently, its no bother. You're welcome to tear apart my disgusting formation ;)

Just comes across as that BB felt the need to step in because of those interactions, where he mentioned 'haters' whereas I was anything but hating

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: July 8, 2020, 01:43:28 pm »
DeFacto chill, no one has their panties in a twist, their sitting fine here thanks :)

Yours was not a final team post, it was a sketch if you like similar to Elzar, I was offering support but I guess it came across differently, although I was complimentary as I was Elzar, he was grateful you took it differently, its no bother. You're welcome to tear apart my disgusting formation ;)

Just comes across as that BB felt the need to step in because of those interactions, where he mentioned 'haters' whereas I was anything but hating

Ironic that I'm being told to chill and a page ago you were talking about people being tw@ts. I didn't take it any type of way, you offered your opinion which you are entitled to, and I offered mine, it's not that serious. But then for you to be puzzled why someone is offering an opinion on your side, particularly when it comes to a player that excelled and dominated in one position and not the position you have him in, is weird.

You can play him at leftback for all I care. Cliques,haters,and all that other nonsense has fck all to do with me, I'm offering my football opinion, not just because you did the same to my side, but because imo you would be better off playing Van persie wide and henry centrally.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #768 on: July 8, 2020, 01:47:45 pm »

I and several other drafters are allegedly members of a secret organisation known as the Draftilluminati, who conspire to control world drafting affairs, by masterminding events and planting agents in draft governments, in order to gain drafting power and influence and to establish a New Draft Order. It is thought that we have been here for hundreds of years, lurking in the shadows, pulling the strings and levers of power in dozens of drafts.

I'm sorry if that come across that way, that's wasn't my intention. The 'haters' thing was just a bit of banter. I'm not picking on you specifically. I would do this to any team that had Henry wide in an English League draft.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #769 on: July 8, 2020, 01:52:06 pm »
I and several other drafters are allegedly members of a secret organisation known as the Draftilluminati, who conspire to control world drafting affairs, by masterminding events and planting agents in draft governments, in order to gain drafting power and influence and to establish a New Draft Order. It is thought that we have been here for hundreds of years, lurking in the shadows, pulling the strings and levers of power in dozens of drafts.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: July 8, 2020, 01:53:48 pm »
Defacto

you're a very decent fella and I don't have any issue with any of your comments, I'm not continuing this though

:)

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: July 8, 2020, 01:54:37 pm »
I'm sorry if that come across that way, that's wasn't my intention. The 'haters' thing was just a bit of banter. I'm not picking on you specifically. I would do this to any team that had Henry wide in an English League draft.
No problem BB

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: July 8, 2020, 01:56:33 pm »
I may be bullshitty and cliquey but....what was the third thing you said?

;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: July 8, 2020, 02:02:12 pm »
Defacto

you're a very decent fella and I don't have any issue with any of your comments, I'm not continuing this though

:)

No worries. Play Henry centrally, and van persie wide, your team would be better for it, it's driving my OCD off the walls  ;D

All jokes aside, I have no issue with you Robbie.

Trend's cliquephobia is another thing.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #774 on: July 8, 2020, 02:11:38 pm »
« Last Edit: July 8, 2020, 02:35:35 pm by Lastrador »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: July 8, 2020, 02:15:55 pm »

Beautifully done.

Not sure my clique will approve, but a lovely team

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #776 on: July 8, 2020, 02:19:44 pm »
Nicol as a left back is the only flaw there.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #777 on: July 8, 2020, 02:20:37 pm »
Beautifully done.

Not sure my clique will approve, but a lovely team
Thank you mate, let's see what the lizard people have to say.  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: July 8, 2020, 02:21:06 pm »
Spelt Stam and Ljungberg wrong which is an automatic loss in my book

Can’t see Fowler working as a lone striker either

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: July 8, 2020, 02:33:10 pm »

Trend do you want my seat at the High Table?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #780 on: July 8, 2020, 02:45:05 pm »
Nicol as a left back is the only flaw there.
I drafted Nicol so early on because he could really play on either side. Ideally, I would play him on the right but there weren't any leftbacks that floated my boat left.

Can’t see Fowler working as a lone striker either
Don't doubt the power of a deity, you godforsaken cliquey man.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #781 on: July 8, 2020, 03:22:56 pm »
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Then vote for me.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: July 8, 2020, 03:43:28 pm »
Hey guys did anyone pic-

Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #784 on: July 8, 2020, 03:57:22 pm »
Hey guys did anyone pic-

Now that's funny....not like you claus?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: July 8, 2020, 03:59:11 pm »
Now that's funny....not like you claus?

I'm hilarious! Just ask my mom!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: July 8, 2020, 04:05:40 pm »
Ooooh....woulda risked it Robbie

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: July 8, 2020, 04:06:14 pm »
No thanks

You've missed out on:

Seamus Coleman

(Not Chris which is where Betty got stuck)

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: July 8, 2020, 04:09:19 pm »
Not much between Coleman & Kelly apart from the medal Kelly won

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: July 8, 2020, 04:11:26 pm »
Not much between Coleman & Kelly apart from the medal Kelly won

Coleman surely has more according to Everton rules?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: July 8, 2020, 04:19:56 pm »
Coleman surely has more according to Everton rules?
I forgot the rules, Coleman by a landslide :)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #794 on: July 8, 2020, 04:56:25 pm »
Will be able to get on shortly to post a formation, if I don’t win after changing shape, I’m offering Robbie and Betty out for a fight.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #795 on: July 8, 2020, 05:24:35 pm »
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: July 8, 2020, 05:59:33 pm »
Someone needs to pick a number right? Then we'll fill out Flash's team and move on.

I posted the matchups before, so you can put together a "how my team would win" and PM it to me so I can include it in the OP of the matchup threads.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: July 8, 2020, 06:00:56 pm »
I picked 3 before?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: July 8, 2020, 07:02:45 pm »
I picked 3 before?

Sorry must have missed it:

"Attacking midfielder"

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: July 8, 2020, 07:13:04 pm »
Sorry must have missed it:

"Attacking midfielder"

No thanks :)