Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 210468 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #1760 on: October 10, 2021, 04:21:50 pm »
New world, raid shadow legends and Diablo 2R

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1761 on: October 10, 2021, 04:23:40 pm »
starting play the alan wake remaster but I'm not really enjoying the gameplay at all to be honest.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #1762 on: October 10, 2021, 05:06:52 pm »
I know what you mean regarding the last of us. It's an incredible game but even know I get this apprehension to play it. Despite playing the first multiple times and the second a couple it's like a mental thing. I think it's because you know it's a draining kind of the experience, even more so than the first, you had moments of comfort in the dark times, with this there are very few.

Oh Jesus I played through the first  and liked it without really ‘enjoying’ if you know what I mean

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #1763 on: October 10, 2021, 05:45:05 pm »
Just finished Days Gone, got into it so much that I did all the achievements, took me about 115 hours.
Brilliant story and gameplay, I was disappointed to read that they canned the idea of Days Gone 2.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1764 on: October 11, 2021, 09:46:12 am »
I don't get this love for remasters anyway. Yeah, they were great games and both Vice City and San Andreas were the best games at that time. I had tons of  fun with both of them (don't remember too much about GTA III). At the same time, I don't really see the point in playing a 15 year old game again with upgraded graphics that will still look like arse. Stuff like Elite Dangerous (i.e. a classic game brought back to life with modern means) I can understand. The love for remasters? Never...

If its just better graphics then yeah, fuck it.

FF7 remake was excellent because obviously it was such a difference to the original, the whole game is different even if its the same story and characters. If they're doing these games with much better graphics but new gameplay too, then it'll be quite cool. If its literally just the same game but with a but of sheen, then that's what loads of people seem to do themselves anyway with this 'unreal engine' and the lighting thing that seems to be common now. I saw a video t'other day of someone doing it for the first Harry Potter game from like 2002 and it looked pretty modern, so if thats all they'll do for GTA then just leave it to some nerds with too much time on their hands and crack on with a new game.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1765 on: October 11, 2021, 04:03:35 pm »
It was long rumoured this. Remastered using the unreal engine rather than Rockstars in house engine. I don't think it will look drastically different to the originals, but I think the graphics will be cleaner and maybe some tweaks to the controls, that's about it.

I'll still play them again, they're great games.

As long as they can get the controls updated to modern standards and give the graphics a lick of paint I'll be lovingly enjoying the games again.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1766 on: October 11, 2021, 04:09:45 pm »
As long as they can get the controls updated to modern standards and give the graphics a lick of paint I'll be lovingly enjoying the games again.

don't expect too much, the re-releases include mobile devices as well so unless their are an insane amount of options they won't look or be too 'current'.

knowing rockstar they'll probably charge about £70 for it as well.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1767 on: October 11, 2021, 04:19:10 pm »

My sentiments exactly. I understand those who look at yet more Games being remastered and wonder where the originality is, but Vice City and San Andreas are what got me into gaming and I haven’t played them since their original release.  I’m really looking forward to them.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1768 on: October 12, 2021, 12:04:55 am »
Finished God of War last night.

Stayed up till 2am finishing it. What an amazing game. Its pushing Witcher 3 for my favourite ever. I think TW3 just wins, but only just.

Wow, I'm so glad I got a playstation now. That was absolute heaven.

Managed to kill the Valykrie queen, do the impossible trials and get the tears fixed in the mist too, so I'm a little tempted to try and 100% it, but I don't think I can be arsed with the green birds now there are no more missions.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1769 on: October 12, 2021, 05:46:13 am »
Finished God of War last night.

Stayed up till 2am finishing it. What an amazing game. Its pushing Witcher 3 for my favourite ever. I think TW3 just wins, but only just.

Wow, I'm so glad I got a playstation now. That was absolute heaven.

Managed to kill the Valykrie queen, do the impossible trials and get the tears fixed in the mist too, so I'm a little tempted to try and 100% it, but I don't think I can be arsed with the green birds now there are no more missions.
Playing through this now myself. I think I've got only a couple of chapters of the main storyline left. Going to finish off the side quests and visit the two optional realms before trying to fight the Valkyries. I fought one pretty early, almost immediately after you get the ability to open their hidden chambers and got smashed in a couple of hits. Definitely a lot stronger now!

Quality game though, really enjoyed it so far.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1770 on: October 12, 2021, 09:19:04 am »
don't expect too much, the re-releases include mobile devices as well so unless their are an insane amount of options they won't look or be too 'current'.

knowing rockstar they'll probably charge about £70 for it as well.

Haven't seen the mobile releases thing, this is from the Rockstar page

In honor of the upcoming anniversary, today we are excited to announce that all three games will be coming to current generation platforms later this year in Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and the Rockstar Games Launcher on PC.

In two minds about it. They're remaking it in Unreal so like why wouldn't you make an effort to make things better. You'd get stuff like global illumination built in, anti aliasing, it's surely got to be a fair level higher

But then it's also got to run well on the Switch. Which is your point anyway... Don't get too excited

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1771 on: October 12, 2021, 09:32:25 am »
Hades, cleared it twelve times or so and going for the Platinum trophy when I have an hour to spare. Got a week off now in which I intend to play the Mass Effect remasters and watch a shitload of pro Dota

Enjoyed Deathloop for a good fifteen hours or so but can't muster the motivation to go back to it.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1772 on: October 12, 2021, 10:35:29 am »
Been tempted by Hades, really not sure if my thing or not.  I liked Bastion but never finished it, and did NOT like Transformer, is it anything similar to those games?

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #1773 on: October 12, 2021, 10:38:35 am »
I wouldn't pay an inflated price for it, but when the sales kick in I'd get a remastered Vice City. It always bugs me that I never completed that one as I really loved playing it, just couldn't get past one story mission at the time. I tried later on PC but found it impossible to play after years of the later games.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1774 on: October 12, 2021, 08:04:35 pm »
Back 4 Blood is pretty good fun, put six hours in over the past couple of days.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1775 on: October 12, 2021, 08:17:15 pm »
Been tempted by Hades, really not sure if my thing or not.  I liked Bastion but never finished it, and did NOT like Transformer, is it anything similar to those games?

In story telling it's much more like Pyre, where you unlock different little stories as you go along and they all add up into the larger one, but instead of the basketball games it's hack and slash runs through a randomly generated set of dungeon rooms. It plays a bit like Bastion in that sense but there's different weapons to try and a lot more depth to how you can build with the randomness of the roguelite being much more part of it too. Transformer plays very differently with the mix of planning phase and real time.

----

Been playing odds and ends of Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Got Disco Elysium to try again with its big update but not in the head place for it right now. My original complaint of it was that it relied so very heavily on adolescent humour to carry it and apparently they've done work to reduce that since, or at least provide different alternatives, as well as fully voicing it with their huge success in making it. There's some nice ideas to it as a game if you don't mind letting it take you on a very bizarre journey. Also need to finish off Deathloop but waiting on them patching up the PC version some more as I'm stuck on yet another crash bug from killing a certain NPC at a certain point. I love Arkane's three other 0451 games so much, but this one feels thrown out of the door for all it being a different take on a shooter.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1776 on: October 13, 2021, 02:23:20 pm »
PGA 2k21 after getting it on PS Plus.  Feels like it's too easy at the moment, no worries getting under par for more than half the holes on each course I play.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1777 on: October 13, 2021, 02:34:56 pm »
Recently finished Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair on the Switch. Fun little platformer which I'd recommend, not always the hardest but there's enough challenge to make it worthwhile.

Then completed Scott Pilgrim, also on the Switch. Found it an absolute nightmare until I read online about a shop with some upgrades, after grinding a bit to earn the money for them I breezed through the rest of it in a couple of days ;D

FIFA next, and might finally get around to Cyberpunk which has been sat on the shelf looking at me. That or another spell on Hades.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1778 on: October 13, 2021, 10:26:53 pm »
PGA 2k21 after getting it on PS Plus.  Feels like it's too easy at the moment, no worries getting under par for more than half the holes on each course I play.

Been relaxing with this too, nice game to chill and pass an hour with.

Doing similar with my scores too, though I'm struggling to understand exactly where the ball is actually gonna drop vs the marker on some clubs/holes/shots..

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1779 on: October 13, 2021, 10:37:03 pm »
and might finally get around to Cyberpunk

Waiting until its playable to give that another go. Won't be fooled again.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1780 on: October 14, 2021, 07:04:49 am »

Yeah I'm like that with it. Feels like once I got the hang of shots I can do the same thing over and over without issue. It's just a matter of choosing correctly and birdies galore

Can't remember if there is a higher difficulty? Think so. I'm enjoying it, it's scenic and sometimes a good golf game scratches an itch.

I do like the control scheme.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1781 on: October 14, 2021, 09:05:17 am »
Mass Effect didn't play particularly well even when it came out, and the equipment management is horrendous, but the species and tech lore is exceptional still. Strong enough that they could have made it a multimedia franchise if they'd managed it properly instead of upping the stakes so often that they ended up with nowhere to go but into nonsense.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1782 on: October 14, 2021, 09:09:57 am »
Currently on the third island on Ghost of Tsushima - aiming to platinum it. Think it's a great game but very repetitive throughout.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1783 on: October 14, 2021, 09:14:01 am »
Mass Effect didn't play particularly well even when it came out, and the equipment management is horrendous, but the species and tech lore is exceptional still. Strong enough that they could have made it a multimedia franchise if they'd managed it properly instead of upping the stakes so often that they ended up with nowhere to go but into nonsense.

those with the decision making chose to dive into bullshit at the end, there was no need for it.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1784 on: October 14, 2021, 09:22:20 am »
Yeah, it really does feel like something like The Witcher (I know that's based on books) where a TV show, spin off games etc (suppose there was Andromeda) would all be possible in that universe. We had a discussion a few pages back where I said I think that Mass Effect has some of the most outstanding world building and lore ever for a series of so few games brought out in such rapid succession. The Elder Scrolls and Fallout are great at this, but they've had decades and 5+ games and spin offs in which to establish a world and the lore around it. The codex in Mass Effect could kill time, it was well written.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1785 on: October 14, 2021, 10:38:00 am »
Currently on the third island on Ghost of Tsushima - aiming to platinum it. Think it's a great game but very repetitive throughout.

yeh i had a great time playing through the first island and progressed a lot in terms of build/techniques. have hit a bit of a wall since, and am only slowly exploring the second island (and barely doing big missions).

after 50 hours it feels like i need a good palette cleanse of a game

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1786 on: October 14, 2021, 11:07:56 am »
If its just better graphics then yeah, fuck it.

FF7 remake was excellent because obviously it was such a difference to the original, the whole game is different even if its the same story and characters. If they're doing these games with much better graphics but new gameplay too, then it'll be quite cool. If its literally just the same game but with a but of sheen, then that's what loads of people seem to do themselves anyway with this 'unreal engine' and the lighting thing that seems to be common now. I saw a video t'other day of someone doing it for the first Harry Potter game from like 2002 and it looked pretty modern, so if thats all they'll do for GTA then just leave it to some nerds with too much time on their hands and crack on with a new game.

The remastered games don’t necessarily appeal to people who played the original but with games like GTA 3 and San Andreas there’s a lot of people who won’t have been around when the originals came out 15-20 years ago, and either don’t have systems to play them or the graphics arnt up to the standards the youth of today expect.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1787 on: October 14, 2021, 11:13:51 am »
I wouldn't pay an inflated price for it, but when the sales kick in I'd get a remastered Vice City. It always bugs me that I never completed that one as I really loved playing it, just couldn't get past one story mission at the time. I tried later on PC but found it impossible to play after years of the later games.

I downloaded GTA 3, Vice City and San Adreas on the iPad, not really remastered as they are pretty much direct ports of the originals but at the same time they were about £4-5 each and you can’t really go wrong for that price for the hours of gameplay you get.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #1788 on: October 14, 2021, 01:24:01 pm »

Yeah I've been playing alot of this. I like the fact it's quite easy and accessible. I don't want to be turning on sweaty try-hard mode when I'm trying to chill and play some golf.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1789 on: October 14, 2021, 01:58:53 pm »
The best part about it is the big hats.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1790 on: October 14, 2021, 03:04:03 pm »
Is the career mode or equivalent in PGA decent?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1791 on: October 14, 2021, 03:08:06 pm »
Is the career mode or equivalent in PGA decent?

It's alright, depends if you want to do the multiple rounds for events to vary the course and make you need to perform every round.

I play on a middle difficulty, tried harder but I usually play the game to just relax after work or while I'm waiting for my missus to get ready in the morning. I quite like finding the courses I've been watching on TV and having a go myself. Played through the Ryder Cup course a few times!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1792 on: October 14, 2021, 03:56:14 pm »
I enjoyed the PGA career mode. It’s not too deep but you can tweak the difficulty quite well and I tended to play two rounds per event to mean the odd bad round might be recovered but it still didn’t take too long per event.

Like Elzar I didn’t push the difficulty too high as I used this game to chill out. By tweaking the course, weather and opposition settings though it could be brutal I think. Only thing I didn’t like was the seeming lack of effect changing your clubs etc had.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1793 on: October 14, 2021, 03:57:45 pm »
Is there an option to remove that putting guide line?  That'd probably ramp up the difficulty, I need that sucker every single time.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1794 on: October 14, 2021, 04:19:33 pm »
Is there an option to remove that putting guide line?  That'd probably ramp up the difficulty, I need that sucker every single time.

You can limit how many you can use per round. I have it on 18, so I get one a hole basically.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1795 on: October 14, 2021, 04:27:59 pm »
You can limit how many you can use per round. I have it on 18, so I get one a hole basically.

Same here, must be the default.  Anymore would be taking the piss.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1796 on: October 14, 2021, 05:14:05 pm »
Same here, must be the default.  Anymore would be taking the piss.

I think on easy difficulty it has unlimited! When my friend is over we play with 9 as he is too good at the game but I'm better at putting. Makes it closer rather than losing by 7 strokes each time.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1797 on: October 14, 2021, 06:20:46 pm »

My fella got me the comic collection for my birthday ;D

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1798 on: October 16, 2021, 06:31:29 pm »
Data miners have been busy.

Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas updated for a new generation, now with across-the-board enhancements including brilliant new lighting and environmental upgrades, high-resolution textures, increased draw distances, Grand Theft Auto V-style controls and targeting, and much more, bringing these beloved worlds to life with all new levels of detail.

Minimum requirements:

- Intel Core i5-2700K / AMD FX-6300

- Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB

- 8 GB RAM

- 45 GB Storage Space

- Windows 10

Recommended:

- Intel Core i7-6600K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600

- Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB / AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB

- 16 GB RAM

- 45 GB Storage Space

- Windows 10

Apparently there are typos in the intel CPU names.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1799 on: October 16, 2021, 07:56:58 pm »
Hope people don't confuse GTA-style controls with GTA-style graphics and have wild expectations
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."