Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 210796 times)

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #1600 on: August 14, 2021, 01:42:27 pm »
Report: Grand Theft Auto Remastered Trilogy Is In the Works, Including for Switch

ign.com/grand-theft-auto-iii/164461/news/report-grand-theft-auto-remastered-trilogy-is-in-the-works-including-for-switch

Is this 3, VC and SA with current gen graphics?

I would play the mother fucking shit out of that.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #1601 on: August 14, 2021, 03:02:04 pm »

Needs updated controls though too - I played the old games not too long ago and could cope with the blocky graphics but not the outdated controls

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1602 on: August 14, 2021, 03:07:05 pm »
I read the article and it was a bit shit really. Something about "mixture of old and new graphics" whatever the fuck that means. Probably a fudge but it'll sell regardless.

And the pc version will be later than the others as per fucking usual.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1603 on: August 15, 2021, 05:27:22 am »

It is indeed

Needs updated controls though too - I played the old games not too long ago and could cope with the blocky graphics but not the outdated controls

Yeah, I'm way too used to GTA V style controles now, makes playing Vice City again especially really difficult

I read the article and it was a bit shit really. Something about "mixture of old and new graphics" whatever the fuck that means. Probably a fudge but it'll sell regardless.

For sure. I'm playing GTA III and Vice City on the PS5  ;D
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1604 on: August 15, 2021, 10:11:08 am »

Dunno. It's in Unreal

which is really odd as Rockstar have their RAGE engine

Might be wise to not expect GTAV-level graphics / controls, but I'd LOVE it to be a remake rather than "remaster" (which is an assets refresh)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 10:12:39 am by ToneLa »

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1605 on: August 15, 2021, 10:37:10 pm »
Dunno. It's in Unreal

which is really odd as Rockstar have their RAGE engine

Might be wise to not expect GTAV-level graphics / controls, but I'd LOVE it to be a remake rather than "remaster" (which is an assets refresh)

Alas, I'm pretty sure it's the latter. This is purely down to £££. But as long as it plays and looks well, I'll pick it up down the line when I'm bored with some of the other titles.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1606 on: August 15, 2021, 10:38:28 pm »
My virgin media has been down all weekend, broadband, tv the lot... so I’ve started a 2nd play through on red dead 2.

What a game.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: August 16, 2021, 05:05:49 pm »
Giving the Mass Effect trilogy a go on PS5
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1608 on: August 16, 2021, 05:06:48 pm »
Giving the Mass Effect trilogy a go on PS5

enjoy it. if you don't then you have no taste.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1609 on: August 16, 2021, 05:39:15 pm »
Replaying the Kingdom Hearts games via the collection on PS4. Great memories.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1610 on: August 17, 2021, 11:14:39 am »
Humankind releasing today on pc. Civ 6 like 4x game, will be booting that up at 5pm. Also picked up World War Z on PSN Ffor £6 for some multiplayer action...

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1611 on: August 17, 2021, 04:34:30 pm »
Humankind releasing today on pc. Civ 6 like 4x game, will be booting that up at 5pm. Also picked up World War Z on PSN Ffor £6 for some multiplayer action...

Nearly went ahead and bought this, as I've played Civ 6 to death and wanted something similar to play.... just before buying on Steam thought I would check on the MS Store and it is available on Gamepass.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1612 on: August 17, 2021, 04:58:55 pm »
Revisited FFX, they really screwed up the faces with the remaster. Still a great game though. Just started Hades, seems good and went back to BF4 but that was a big mistake! 720p still  ;D they never updated it from the base Xbox one version 

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1613 on: August 18, 2021, 04:06:24 am »
The real issue with the FFX remaster is they didn't include an option to turn off the voice acting or to switch to Japanese, hence continuing to subject us to the horrendous English voice acting. I'm still amazed how much people are able to love this game when the voice acting is this bad. Or maybe a lot of people are also just happy with bad dubbing in movies and TV. Who's to say?

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1614 on: August 20, 2021, 11:13:17 am »
Skyrim's getting another next-gen upgrade, coming out 11th Nov. Yeah fuck it, why not.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/19/22633130/skyrim-next-gen-upgrade-update-anniversary-special-edition-bethesda
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1615 on: August 20, 2021, 11:29:22 am »
they can fuck right off with that as well the cheeky c*nts.

make a new fucking game.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #1616 on: August 20, 2021, 12:49:10 pm »
yeah I've bought it too, i'd already seen gameplay months before on youtube and that decided it for me. Think it's going to be developing rapidly (i've seen that modders will be supported and they've already patched issues that were highlighted) and looking forward to seeing what will be in the steam workshop.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1617 on: August 20, 2021, 01:18:58 pm »
That Quake remake is crap.

Well, for someone who has Darkplaces installed.

https://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/

Just.. Don't see the point. Runs in 4K but the same blocky ass Quake from 1996. With worse movement.
And they didn't update the UI.

If the GTA remasters are like this, folks are gonna be upset.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1618 on: August 20, 2021, 01:53:49 pm »
Just started playing Ghost of Tsushima on PS5. Did plan on getting it on PS4 but never got round to it.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1619 on: August 20, 2021, 02:19:24 pm »
Been playing that Scarlett Nexus.

Feel like it hasn't had much publicity but I'm really enjoying it.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1620 on: August 20, 2021, 02:40:56 pm »
The real issue with the FFX remaster is they didn't include an option to turn off the voice acting or to switch to Japanese, hence continuing to subject us to the horrendous English voice acting. I'm still amazed how much people are able to love this game when the voice acting is this bad. Or maybe a lot of people are also just happy with bad dubbing in movies and TV. Who's to say?

I started it, but wish they did something similar to FF7 where you could speed battles up.  Just haven't got the patience for all the random battles these days. 

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1621 on: August 20, 2021, 02:49:43 pm »
I enjoyed the ffx remaster when I played it a few years ago, because I'm not sure I ever actually completed it back in the day.

(un?)fortuantely I really trivialised the end fights by using an exploit in the battle arena place meaning that my characters were going 99999 damage with a basic attack.

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
« Reply #1622 on: August 21, 2021, 11:12:36 pm »
Currently playing Onward and Propagation. Both VR games and fuck me Onward is superb for a shooter but Propagation makes you shit your pants, especially when the spiders come.
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1623 on: August 23, 2021, 12:55:54 pm »
they can fuck right off with that as well the cheeky c*nts.

make a new fucking game.
Skyrim's getting another next-gen upgrade, coming out 11th Nov. Yeah fuck it, why not.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/19/22633130/skyrim-next-gen-upgrade-update-anniversary-special-edition-bethesda
I'd agree that they need to get a move on offering up The Elder Scrolls VI, but to be fair, the new 10 year anniversary edition is available for free to anyone who has the special editions of PC, PS4 or Xbox One already, including Game Pass users.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1624 on: August 23, 2021, 10:37:11 pm »
I enjoyed the ffx remaster when I played it a few years ago, because I'm not sure I ever actually completed it back in the day.

(un?)fortuantely I really trivialised the end fights by using an exploit in the battle arena place meaning that my characters were going 99999 damage with a basic attack.

I was playing the FFXI remaster on Xbox but I got quite close to the end (I think) and stopped suddenly. I really should get back into that.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1625 on: August 24, 2021, 01:56:08 am »
Last Stop on Xbox through Gamepass, very good so far, can't really say what it's about as it would probably spoil it, but if you have Gamepass then you should check it out.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1626 on: August 24, 2021, 05:48:45 am »
Decided to give Cyberpunk a bit more of a go, mainly through boredom. Just got a new series s/x controller and the paddles won't work on the game, which is apparently a common problem. Bravo CDPR!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1627 on: August 24, 2021, 06:34:58 am »
Decided to give Cyberpunk a bit more of a go, mainly through boredom. Just got a new series s/x controller and the paddles won't work on the game, which is apparently a common problem. Bravo CDPR!
I bought it on release as I got it fairly cheap via code, played it a couple of times and uninstalled it, gonna wait for this next gen patch, as it was a mess on release

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1628 on: August 24, 2021, 09:10:26 am »
I bought it on release as I got it fairly cheap via code, played it a couple of times and uninstalled it, gonna wait for this next gen patch, as it was a mess on release

Still is a mess mate. I can't even be arsed spending time googling a solution for the controller problem. Gone back to Rage 2 and Automobilista 2 instead.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1629 on: August 24, 2021, 10:14:05 am »
Can anyone give me a rundown on Hades? I'm seeing a lot of talk about it recently.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1630 on: August 24, 2021, 11:55:12 am »

One of my most treasured gaming memories is time time I was riding Shadowmere to my house, minding my own business, and then suddenly I'm flying hundreds of feet in the air atop Shadowmere (a.k.a Chomp) and getting higher and higher, spiralling into the atmosphere whilst I was howling with laughter.

What a glitchy, wonderful mess of a game - it doesn't need another remake, but if it's free then fuck it.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #1631 on: August 25, 2021, 11:07:32 am »
Got lost on the way back to my ship on Fallen Order and i think i'm done, it's just been bad platforming bits to get to okay lightsaber bits.

Looks lovely though.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1632 on: August 25, 2021, 07:02:52 pm »
Mutant Year Zero. Really struggling. But I love the atmosphere, music, ambient sounds and story.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1633 on: August 25, 2021, 10:02:26 pm »
Has anyone played Rustler? Like a medieval version of an old GTA.

Was advertised to me on social media and looks a lot of fun, but I've no idea ;D

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1634 on: August 25, 2021, 10:11:37 pm »
Yeah, I saw an ad for it a while ago and had a look. I'm interested, but I don't like playing those kinds of games in Early Access. Have seen that the full release will be on the 31st and I'll have a look at some reviews then and will probably get it at some point.

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #1635 on: August 26, 2021, 01:44:08 pm »
Has anyone played Rustler? Like a medieval version of an old GTA.

Was advertised to me on social media and looks a lot of fun, but I've no idea ;D

Theres a 2 hour demo on steam for this , its decent but the controls aren't great
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1636 on: August 31, 2021, 05:59:56 pm »
Bought Yakuza(7): Like a Dragon on PS4 and used the free upgrade to get the PS5 version. Ha this legit is one of the greatest and most hilarious turn based RPGs I've ever played. I recommend this game to everyone.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1637 on: August 31, 2021, 10:14:00 pm »
I'm about 60% way through Horizon: Zero Dawn at the moment. Wasn't convinced at first but fucking loving it now. It's actually really beautiful in parts, and I'm only on 1440, can imagine this looks incredible on 4k. The story while fairly predictable (so far) is finally adding a nice bit of intrigue, there's a bit more depth to the characters, so I'm invested in the world and interested to see where it goes.

Next up, should I play:

BoTW or
One of the Assassin's Creeds (Odyssey or Valhalla)
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1638 on: September 1, 2021, 09:51:02 am »
I'm about 60% way through Horizon: Zero Dawn at the moment. Wasn't convinced at first but fucking loving it now. It's actually really beautiful in parts, and I'm only on 1440, can imagine this looks incredible on 4k. The story while fairly predictable (so far) is finally adding a nice bit of intrigue, there's a bit more depth to the characters, so I'm invested in the world and interested to see where it goes.

Next up, should I play:

BoTW or
One of the Assassin's Creeds (Odyssey or Valhalla)

I'm a fan of all three and have played through them all but there's no question really. BoTW is one of the best games ever made, it's absolutely glorious.

Odyssey and Valhalla are both a lot of fun, but I still regret selling my copy of BoTW years later. I've never really had an urge to boot the other two up again after finishing them (though I enjoyed them both at the time).

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1639 on: September 1, 2021, 01:01:03 pm »
Got the PS5 version of Xbox Live yesterday, downloaded God of War which I hear good things about