Author Topic: FT Liverpool 3 vs Arsenal 1 (Firmino 9', Mane 40', Welbeck 57', Gini 92')  (Read 74888 times)

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
We should have killed them off long before they even scored, Coutinho missed a few decent chances with some of those wildy hit pot shots that he blazed over and we were getting ourselves in great positions but just not making the right decisions. 2-1 would have flattered them and I felt that we were worth every bit of that 3-1 win.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Great victory!  Some hairy moments in that second half but we showed great resolve to see it out.  Lallana and Mane were particularly good.  Now let's knuckle down, go on a run and finish the season well.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We should have killed them off long before they even scored, Coutinho missed a few decent chances with some of those wildy hit pot shots that he blazed over and we were getting ourselves in great positions but just not making the right decisions. 2-1 would have flattered them and I felt that we were worth every bit of that 3-1 win.
Yeah, Matip had a great chance with a header too at 2-1. Would have been livid if we drew that game.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Felt sorry for Origi, brilliant header off the post.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Now beat the shit teams, god I hate the shit teams.

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
That's a great win especially after the pressure Arsenal put us under in the second half, really happy with the performance. But i'm seriously irritated why we cannot put in that defensive and attacking performance week in week out.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Played his part in the third too, perfectly weighted pass.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
Stunning goals today.Everyone did well today, even Can. One of the best displays of the season for me. Lovren and Hendo will also strengthen us -onwards and upwards

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great performance from the forwards.

Winning's nice. Let's do more of it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
You win the prize for worst post of the day.

Welcome back Alan.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield

His assist was very good though - perfect pass for Gini to get onto the end of - did some good work holding the ball up earlier as well.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

We just need to remember what we did to beat some of them by a load of goals earlier in the season.

I do think Klopp will work out how to beat the smaller teams eventually, maybe he'll start with our next game?

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Not thinking about Leicester.

Not thinking about Burnley.

Just enjoying the moment.

No idea why at 2-1 up our full backs still get so far forward.

Leaves us unnecessarily open and even more bizarre when truth be told they are nothing special with the ball at their feet.
I on the other hand keep thinking we've all been here so often that I'm not going to get to excited as we've got Burnley next..... beat them and we might just have s chance of top 4 after all

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It could easily been 2-2 but we should have scored 3 much earlier.

Agreed, should have been 4 up at HT.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
I've been peddling the whole 'we are less than the sum of our parts when one of the first 11 is out' argument this week but we managed just fine with Can in the midfield instead of Hendo. So made up that we won, but can't make any sense of it, other than 1. We just get up for the bigger games or 2. we are starting to find a rythmn at home. I hope it's the latter and it's the start of a proper run of form, but I wouldn't put my house on it.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Hahaha this team. Dr jekyll and mr Hyde. Is it really one team I'm supporting, because I have my doubts...
Anyone feel like calculating our stats vs top six and bottom six?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....

His assist was very good though - perfect pass for Gini to get onto the end of - did some good work holding the ball up earlier as well.

Just so in so far as the lad could do with getting back amongst the goals. The assist was nothing short of perfect. Pace, precision, timing. (as Jockey would say)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
No, we did it in 99/00 under Houllier.

That is still impressive though.  8)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Well, it would go well with the one you already have... ;D

You've convinced me :P
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
First half, sure I saw Comolli in our dugout, very weird.

Was that him? I thought it was but thought it can't be.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Weird how Klavan looks good when he's been out the team. Struggles with a run of games.

Which if you think about it. Is fucking weird.

Hahaha this team. Dr jekyll and mr Hyde. Is it really one team I'm supporting, because I have my doubts...

We need a different set up/tactics against the smaller teams
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
Looking forward to seeing that Firmino turn on the edge of their box again.  Remarkable piece of skill.

Edit: found one but can't embed
https://twitter.com/MyFootballCoach/status/838097091658395652
« Last Edit: March 4, 2017, 07:51:08 pm by Red Raw »

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
Was that him? I thought it was but thought it can't be.

Thank you, thought I was going  :odd

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Before kick-off I thought Wenger had finally decided to be pragmatic against us, judging from his talk of going direct and starting his more energetic players, but then they just reverted to type and as usual against them it could have been 4 or 5. Great to see Firmino getting a few goals again, was hoping Coutinho could nab one too but you can see he's getting close to fitness again so no doubt it'll come.

Looking at the rest of our games for the season and not a lot of them jump out as another Burnley/Sunderland/Hull, and yes I realise one of them is actually against Burnley but they seem a wildly different proposition when they're playing away. A lot of our away games are against upper mid-table teams and they're not usually as difficult a proposition strangely.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Weird how Klavan looks good when he's been out the team. Struggles with a run of games.

Which if you think about it. Is fucking weird.

Maybe he just can't take the pace - 2 games good, 1 game brainfart

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great win, what makes it even better is that we know that the massive c*nt that is Piers Moron will have a shit night.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
I've been peddling the whole 'we are less than the sum of our parts when one of the first 11 is out' argument this week but we managed just fine with Can in the midfield instead of Hendo. So made up that we won, but can't make any sense of it, other than 1. We just get up for the bigger games or 2. we are starting to find a rythmn at home. I hope it's the latter and it's the start of a proper run of form, but I wouldn't put my house on it.

We managed in the first half brilliantly when on the front foot - Can wasn't good in the second when we didn't have the ball but that position is super hard to play when you're being attacked and the full backs are still high up the pitch

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Wenger's last game in charge of Arsenal at Anfield I would be willing to bet.
Imagine if Klopp kept Mane and Firmino on the bench against a top 4 rival. Madness. Deserves all the criticism coming his way
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
V good win today. Well played and did ok in defense but luckily we were very good up front. The problem we have now is we need to let the smaller teams have more of the ball against us so that the games become more stretched and we have more space to exploit.

But today we were very good.

Well done Redmen

YNWA!!!!!

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
Great first half and although it got a bit nerve-racking we fully deserved the three points. Please carry that on to next week lads. More worried about Burnley than City.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital

Offline d.arn

• Kopite
We genuinely looked like a completely different team today, compared to the Leicester game. Again we look like title challengers when we face top opposition. Each and everyone looked liked a different player from Monday. At least it is exciting watching Liverpool - you never know which team is going to turn up.

I'm going to be overly optimistic and conclude that all our problems on the pitch have now been solved. Top four will be easy.  :scarf

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968

Not stats but from BBC:

Unbeaten against the top six
Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal
Posted at
19:29
Liverpool's results against the top six this season:

v Arsenal 4-3 (away) + 3-1 (home) wins.

v Man Utd 0-0 (home) + 1-1 (away).

v Spurs 1-1 (away) + 2-0 (home) win.

v Chelsea 2-1 (away) win + 1-1 (home).

v Man City 1-0 (home) win.
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline dramared

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
well done boys, expected :)  and nice goals too

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
Great win, what makes it even better is that we know that the massive c*nt that is Piers Moron will have a shit night.

Forgot about him, saw the arsenal tv lads at the ground. Poor bastards.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.

What's frustrating is that we can beat them.

Leicester 4-1, Hull 5-1, Swansea 2-1, Palace 4-2, Watford 6-1, Sunderland 2-0, Middlesborough 3-0, Stoke 4-1.

That's 30 goals in 8 games and mostly comfortable wins. It's doing it consistently thats the real problem for us - we batter them one week and then often get rolled over in the return fixture.

It's surely one of Klopp's priorities as clearly we can beat the top 6 sides. Not sure if it's mentality, physicality, or an inability to beat a 10-man defence, but I'm sure it will be a big focus over the summer for signings and pre-season training.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
Henderson and Lovren back for burnley hopefully ! beaut of a result, cheered me right up after the the last match that...
was on blankety blank once and came second.........

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
No shock that emre can was good when played in his natural position. Looked like the Can of last season today
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It was a good Liverpool performance, but purely because of the skill up front by Lallana, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho - they were just far too quick for the defenders and Arsenal's deep midfield. I was frustrated by Can at times - that tackle on Walcott whilst on a yellow not even part of it. I think he's just way too slow on the ball and actually isn't as quick to pick out opportunities when he's a deep player. It's not a position he should play in to be honest. Arsenal's midfield is crap, but we did see a few creaks and cracks in ours in the second half - thankfully, the skill of our attackers won out in the end.

We definitely need a deep midfielder as good as Henderson for next season at least - hopefully a better one. Someone who's quick at moving the ball out of deep areas - Can shouldn't be an option there, but probably back up for a Lallana or Wijnaldum (if in the squad at all to be honest).
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
No shock that emre can was good when played in his natural position. Looked like the Can of last season today
He was sensational. He had more penetrative passes in the first half than Henderson in entire season. The cynical foul was also a thing of absolute beauty.

The talk of a huge drop-off from Hendo to Can was one of the worst shouts I read on this board. He's the most natural 6 in our squad and deserves to stay in the team.