Author Topic: Harrys Heroes - ITV  (Read 919 times)

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
Harrys Heroes - ITV
« on: May 23, 2020, 01:34:08 pm »
Couldn't see a mention of it elsewhere, sat down this week and watched all three episodes of Harrys Heroes on ITV.
Had reservations initially, but got to be honest and say I really enjoyed it.

Funny, poignant and insightful, definitely worth a watch.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: Harrys Heroes - ITV
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 01:38:28 pm »
Enjoyed it too but didn't see the point of Rudduck being there he's never going to change his boozing & partying lifestyle in spite of being told to change many times, they went to a curry house the first night they were there, even Merson seen his arse with it, Merson came across well too rather than the thick pundit he portrays on Soccer Saturday
#Sausages

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 02:32:00 pm »
Enjoyed it too but didn't see the point of Rudduck being there he's never going to change his boozing & partying lifestyle in spite of being told to change many times, they went to a curry house the first night they were there, even Merson seen his arse with it, Merson came across well too rather than the thick pundit he portrays on Soccer Saturday

Agreed, felt for Merson when he got upset. Ruddock has always come across as a bit of a tit and this programme did little to change opinions.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 02:49:53 pm »
Agreed, felt for Merson when he got upset. Ruddock has always come across as a bit of a tit and this programme did little to change opinions.

One of the few times I've heard someone say they have a serious health condition and thought serves you right you prick.

The show was enjoyable, the rest came across really well, good laugh. Felt for Hendrie, he went through some right shit. That French footy team though  :o
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 05:02:00 pm »
Couldn't see a mention of it elsewhere, sat down this week and watched all three episodes of Harrys Heroes on ITV.
Had reservations initially, but got to be honest and say I really enjoyed it.

Funny, poignant and insightful, definitely worth a watch.

Doesn't say much when Harry Redknapp is the slimmest one there.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 05:06:27 pm »
One of the few times I've heard someone say they have a serious health condition and thought serves you right you prick.

The show was enjoyable, the rest came across really well, good laugh. Felt for Hendrie, he went through some right shit. That French footy team though  :o

Lee Hendrie talking about when he was at a restaurant pretended to be a dog over a forfeit for something, only there was a journalist from the scum in that restaurant, you wonder if Hendrie was set up.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 05:19:56 pm »

Lee Hendrie talking about when he was at a restaurant pretended to be a dog over a forfeit for something, only there was a journalist from the scum in that restaurant, you wonder if Hendrie was set up.

When you think about it, you do wonder if he was set up, as Taylor was on the phone to him straight away.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 06:15:57 pm »
Tried watching a bit of this but couldn't cope with Harry's awful voice over asides.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 08:44:15 am »
Doesn't say much when Harry Redknapp is the slimmest one there.
About 10 caps between them
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2020, 08:53:03 am »

I don’t think Merson comes over badly most of the time. He’s just a fuckwit, but I don’t get any bitterness from him like you do a lot of other pundits. It’s a bit like Ian Wright. They’ll quite often come out with shite but I think they’re both actually quite likeable.... They don’t seem to have an agenda, which is pretty rare.

Ruddock doesn’t seem like he’s changed one bit from the arsehole who played for us. Just a lout who happened to be half decent at football.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.