Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 5th - 7th August  (Read 33360 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Premier League Fixtures 5th - 7th August
« Reply #240 on: August 5, 2022, 10:43:28 pm »
Klopp is absolutely going to go mental if they try interview him at half time.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #241 on: August 5, 2022, 10:44:38 pm »
Klopp is absolutely going to go mental if they try interview him at half time.

Runs too quickly, he'll just keep going... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #242 on: August 5, 2022, 11:23:45 pm »
Went and watched the game with 3 Palace fans in Pasadena, one was my daughters old coach. Thought Arsenal were on top for the first 30 minutes and then did nothing the last 60 but get a lucky break. Really a coin flip game that could have gone either way but just went Arsenal's today. Palace fans left feeling pretty good in that they didn't really seem to miss Gallagher that much.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: August 5, 2022, 11:36:51 pm »
Ayew is dreadful

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #244 on: August 6, 2022, 12:11:26 am »
I actually enjoyed the game.

Nice to see proper footy back.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #245 on: August 6, 2022, 12:12:35 am »
Surely the most important thing is to win the first game? Does the performance even matter, as  no one is going to be at their best.
Yes, but it just felt like more of the same as last season. If they grind out wins like that all season, then fair play.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #246 on: August 6, 2022, 03:47:52 am »
Yes, but it just felt like more of the same as last season. If they grind out wins like that all season, then fair play.

Last season we lost there 3-0, so it’s not more of the same. Also after 3 games last season we had 0 points and a gd of -10. Had we had just 3 points we’d have finished top 4. I’d have taken a draw before the game because it’s the hardest place to go to outside the top 6. Result wise it was excellent.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: August 6, 2022, 04:19:01 am »
Last season we lost there 3-0, so it’s not more of the same. Also after 3 games last season we had 0 points and a gd of -10. Had we had just 3 points we’d have finished top 4. I’d have taken a draw before the game because it’s the hardest place to go to outside the top 6. Result wise it was excellent.
Is correct, doesn't matter how you put the points on the board to be honest.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: August 6, 2022, 07:30:14 am »
Best thing about starting on Friday and winning, is you can enjoy the rest of the weekend football. Last season was horrible, weekend ruined.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #249 on: August 6, 2022, 09:19:23 am »

Yeah it really was. Palace are well known to be undercooked because of pre-season

Sorry to rain on Arsenals parade, but those aren’t the stats of a brave new Arsenal. They have a decent new CB, Zinchenko was dreadful to the point they rushed Tierney off the bench, Jesus was tidy without doing much, White was appalling and they were lucky Palace were so profligate.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #250 on: August 6, 2022, 09:23:40 am »
Sorry to rain on Arsenals parade, but those aren’t the stats of a brave new Arsenal. They have a decent new CB, Zinchenko was dreadful to the point they rushed Tierney off the bench, Jesus was tidy without doing much, White was appalling and they were lucky Palace were so profligate.

If they don't sort that long ball over the top they are buggered this season, Ramsdale is a pretty crap keeper too, they are fortunate there are so many inconsistent / bad teams in the league

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: August 6, 2022, 09:24:24 am »
Zinchenko was shocking, that's the Man City guy I remember but he seemed to become a left footed Lahm on here once Arsenal signed him! Early days though of course.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #252 on: August 6, 2022, 09:25:57 am »

Every team have different bogey grounds. For example everyone used to worry about us going to Palace and Burnley but we invariably almost always won there.

Are West Ham top 6? I’d say that’s a trickier away game for us. Everton too, sadly. Leicester.

That said, any away win with a clean sheet is always satisfying. You can’t take them for granted before kick off. Enjoy your stress free weekend!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: August 6, 2022, 09:30:30 am »
If they don't sort that long ball over the top they are buggered this season, Ramsdale is a pretty crap keeper too, they are fortunate there are so many inconsistent / bad teams in the league

It’s actually a decent squad but the one thing holding it back is sat in the dugout. They were battering Palace and then as usual retreated to try and hold what they had and ended up getting dominated, and lucky to get out with a win, against a very undercooked Palace side.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #254 on: August 6, 2022, 09:34:46 am »
Ayew is dreadful
Always has been. First touch of a bumper car
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #255 on: August 6, 2022, 09:36:59 am »
Always has been. First touch of a bumper car

I'm just amazed there is apparently no one at the club better or no one they could buy to replace him

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: August 6, 2022, 09:43:11 am »
Zinchenko was shocking, that's the Man City guy I remember but he seemed to become a left footed Lahm on here once Arsenal signed him! Early days though of course.

Thought he was immense first half, got his first assist already too. Not bad for a dud.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: August 6, 2022, 09:46:05 am »
Yeah it really was. Palace are well known to be undercooked because of pre-season

We deserved to win, at a very tough place, youre just going to have to live with that

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: August 6, 2022, 09:57:11 am »
We deserved to win, at a very tough place, youre just going to have to live with that

I’m not sure I can :(

Last night was like the first time you watch Usain Bolt run, the first time you watch a Roger Federer match, the first time you see Daniel Day Lewis acting, the first time you see Jesse Lingard doing one of his funny dances. Just an unstoppable march to domination and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop it (except probably Benteke, he’d have bagged last night. Oh and maybe Connor Wickham. And Eze, he could have stopped it. Edouard as….well most Palace attackers actually last night. But that’s it).

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: August 6, 2022, 11:33:20 am »
I’m not sure I can :(

Last night was like the first time you watch Usain Bolt run, the first time you watch a Roger Federer match, the first time you see Daniel Day Lewis acting, the first time you see Jesse Lingard doing one of his funny dances. Just an unstoppable march to domination and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop it (except probably Benteke, he’d have bagged last night. Oh and maybe Connor Wickham. And Eze, he could have stopped it. Edouard as….well most Palace attackers actually last night. But that’s it).

:D It was a brilliant display of domination against a very very good team,let's face it they're also just going to get better and better with such a young team all with ceilings in the stratosphere.

And Arteta,whoa,what can you say young,articulate and extremely likeable genius manager smiling away there after the game with the sun gently glistening on his magnificent black head fur.

Beginning of the new Arse era fam.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: August 6, 2022, 11:39:12 am »
:D It was a brilliant display of domination against a very very good team,let's face it they're also just going to get better and better with such a young team all with ceilings in the stratosphere.

And Arteta,whoa,what can you say young,articulate and extremely likeable genius manager smiling away there after the game with the sun gently glistening on his magnificent black head fur.

Beginning of the new Arse era fam.

Love it

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #261 on: August 6, 2022, 11:41:27 am »
Thought he was immense first half, got his first assist already too. Not bad for a dud.
Agreed. I thought he did pretty OK to start off with. Wasn't really paying attention later so he might have run out of steam, but it's early days at a new club.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: August 6, 2022, 12:02:57 pm »

Palace being a tough place to go is an absolute myth.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: August 6, 2022, 12:10:09 pm »
Palace being a tough place to go is an absolute myth.

Unbeaten in 9 home games, lost only 4 last season, only once by more than 1 goal, and took 4 points off city. Dont disrespect them just because they got beat by Mikels Marauders .

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: August 6, 2022, 12:11:59 pm »
No Leno, the fuck is going on Fulham.... Unless he asked not to play. "Can i start my new job on Monday"

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: August 6, 2022, 12:18:25 pm »
Unbeaten in 9 home games, lost only 4 last season, only once by more than 1 goal, and took 4 points off city. Dont disrespect them just because they got beat by Mikels Marauders .

If we went to Palace on the opening day and won by 2 goals to nil we'd be happy. I'll be happy with that scoreline today against Fulham and they've only just come up.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #266 on: August 6, 2022, 12:19:52 pm »
No Leno, the fuck is going on Fulham.... Unless he asked not to play. "Can i start my new job on Monday"

Maybe he’s Emi Martinezed it. You were always right about him.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: August 6, 2022, 12:33:48 pm »
Maybe he’s Emi Martinezed it. You were always right about him.

Yeh got so much stick about him, always thought he was a wrong un.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: August 6, 2022, 12:35:21 pm »
Proudfoot and Beglin doing comms on Supersport.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: August 6, 2022, 01:07:17 pm »
If we went to Palace on the opening day and won by 2 goals to nil we'd be happy. I'll be happy with that scoreline today against Fulham and they've only just come up.

Is right, first game of season is all about getting the 3 points. An away from home start is even harder as you are playing against a hyped up crowd as well. No more intimidating away place than palace and we dealt with things brilliantly by not conceding and winning the game, we had to dig in at times but that’s also a positive. Couldn’t have asked for a better start.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: August 6, 2022, 01:53:07 pm »
We're already on the back foot and its' the opening game.  :butt

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: August 6, 2022, 01:58:21 pm »
Diaz must be the unluckiest player going.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: August 6, 2022, 01:59:43 pm »
Did I hear right were these twats singing the national anthem?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: August 6, 2022, 01:59:51 pm »
When those things start going in for him he will go to a new level.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: August 6, 2022, 02:00:05 pm »
Did I hear right were these twats singing the national anthem?

yeah.  ;D

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: August 6, 2022, 02:36:54 pm »
Yes. Absolutely disgraceful club

Why?

It was only social media rumours that it was him wasn’t it?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: August 6, 2022, 02:38:22 pm »
What 15:00 are we watching?

Spurs/Southampton sounds good until you remember it's Conte's boring Spurs. Not too fussed about the others.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: August 6, 2022, 02:38:45 pm »
Why?

It was only social media rumours that it was him wasn’t it?

There’s literally messages from him to the accuser admitting it, it’s horrifying that Arsenal and their fans have just quietly ignored it.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: August 6, 2022, 02:58:29 pm »
The music playing while the Spurs and Southampton players were in the tunnel sounded like Shawn Michaels theme music. Very strange.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: August 6, 2022, 03:02:00 pm »
Already shaping into a very good weekend for Arsenal, though I expect we ll lose top spot in 2 hours, Spurs could get 6 against this awful Soton team.