Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 3990219 times)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: For all the arl arses.
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2008, 02:55:21 pm »
I remember the old Home James coaches. But I always hitch hicked from The Kraft, or bunked the train from Limey. And I got smuggled onto a few coaches coming home, but I've only ever been on one coach to a game. I can't even remember the game or season (Oh Alcohol, so much to answer for). But I'm a a bit sick I never now. Old mates of mine have some great stories. Mind you, all my mates are, to put it kindly, prone to exageration.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2008, 03:13:27 pm »
I can't remember the season. We were playing West Ham on the Saturday. I came out of the alehouse on Friday night, drunk with two bob in me bin. The winds were awful that night, blowing the roofs off houses and that.
Anyway, I said to me mates, shall we hitch to London for the game. The all started laughing and took the piss.
So, I spit the dummy, had a bit of a wobbler, got on the bus, give the driver me two bob, got off at the Kraft and Hitched to Haydock Island, absolutely dicky mint.

There was a little few die hard scallies there. To be honest, I was gutted I wasn't home in me bed. But I bumped into a few Huyton lads, I knew and we had a laugh. (I won't say names in order to protect the guilty).
Haydock Island was just a shed then - one fella sat in a kiosk to take the money and a row of petrol pumps. Some fella pulled in, got petrol and he's car wouldn't go. The fella got out the kiosk to push him. So, I jumped in. When the fella got back in, he opened the till and, after his nasty shock, threatened to call the bizzies. So, we scattered across the fields.
We ended up walking all night, through farmers fields and ended up, covered in shite in fuck knows where. But we got a train from there to Wigan, then from Wigan to London. There was a few lads on that train, but when we got to the ground there must have been about 200 of us there. Someone said all the overhead train lines had been blown down and no trains had got through from Liverpool.
Can't even remember the score. But I remember how fucking frightening it was all sticking together and getting attacked all the way to Euston.
Great times.
It was the year Jaws came out, cos I remember I took me bird to see it when I got home and I paid in with a brown stripped fiver that had been hid down me kecks from Haydock Island.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 03:17:53 pm by FAT SCOUSER »
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2008, 03:19:09 pm »
Fuck, I'll have to stay away from this gizzmo when I've been drinking that Carling truth serum.

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2008, 03:19:25 pm »
Bit off topic...but sod it. I've looked but can't find a thread about the FA Cup tie with Everton (mid 60's), the one where they put the big screens up at Anfield. Anybody point me to it?
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2008, 04:26:56 pm »

1985 FA Cup Semi-Final v Man U at Goodison Park.

World War III

Was ther to. Was fuckin mayhem. I remember Mancs in The Gladdy trying to get into The Paddock and gettin pulled back in. Vice Versa for Liverpool fans to. The Enclosure looked a bit tasty to. That was the game of the nails and golf balls . Didnt get the reply.

home james indeed. 7/6d to sheffield and back !!

i probably met your folks, fuck, i must be old !!

He asked her out at Sheffield Weds away .

Mad eh!
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2008, 10:50:08 pm »
I can't remember the season. We were playing West Ham on the Saturday. I came out of the alehouse on Friday night, drunk with two bob in me bin. The winds were awful that night, blowing the roofs off houses and that.
Anyway, I said to me mates, shall we hitch to London for the game. The all started laughing and took the piss.
So, I spit the dummy, had a bit of a wobbler, got on the bus, give the driver me two bob, got off at the Kraft and Hitched to Haydock Island, absolutely dicky mint.

There was a little few die hard scallies there. To be honest, I was gutted I wasn't home in me bed. But I bumped into a few Huyton lads, I knew and we had a laugh. (I won't say names in order to protect the guilty).
Haydock Island was just a shed then - one fella sat in a kiosk to take the money and a row of petrol pumps. Some fella pulled in, got petrol and he's car wouldn't go. The fella got out the kiosk to push him. So, I jumped in. When the fella got back in, he opened the till and, after his nasty shock, threatened to call the bizzies. So, we scattered across the fields.
We ended up walking all night, through farmers fields and ended up, covered in shite in fuck knows where. But we got a train from there to Wigan, then from Wigan to London. There was a few lads on that train, but when we got to the ground there must have been about 200 of us there. Someone said all the overhead train lines had been blown down and no trains had got through from Liverpool.
Can't even remember the score. But I remember how fucking frightening it was all sticking together and getting attacked all the way to Euston.
Great times.
It was the year Jaws came out, cos I remember I took me bird to see it when I got home and I paid in with a brown stripped fiver that had been hid down me kecks from Haydock Island.
Pearler that FS! Walking through farmers fields full of shite....yes done that one, after one of the lads turned over a Ford Corsair in the middle of the night near Stoke on a trip down south. Had to 'put foot' rapidly then doss in a ditch ....then in the morning resumed the trip when one of the lads er.. picked up a replacement vehicle from a nearby farm.  Makes me shudder sometimes when I think back. 
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline JackoRed7

• Main Stander
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2008, 11:04:26 pm »
Mods,  is there any way you could make the Hovis tune play in the background ;D
“I would like to live in Manchester, England. The transition between Manchester and death would be unnoticeable.”  - Mark Twain

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2008, 11:11:09 pm »
Pearler that FS! Walking through farmers fields full of shite....yes done that one, after one of the lads turned over a Ford Corsair in the middle of the night near Stoke on a trip down south. Had to 'put foot' rapidly then doss in a ditch ....then in the morning resumed the trip when one of the lads er.. picked up a replacement vehicle from a nearby farm.  Makes me shudder sometimes when I think back. 
I'm an old fat grandad couldn't fight sleep or sweets off me grandkids. And yeah, I shudder when I think back some times an all now.  But we had some laughs.
I remember having to get home from a mid-week cup game in Barnsley in the same fashion.
Oh well time for me Hovis toast and cocoa.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2008, 11:24:16 pm »
Mods,  is there any way you could make the Hovis tune play in the background ;D
So that smiley icon thingy after your comment.....does that mean you think it is really  funny like?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2008, 11:27:52 pm »
So that smiley icon thingy after your comment.....does that mean you think it is really  funny like?
I thought it was funny anyway mate. And I think it's hilarious when the young lads give us respect... "E'r love, serve the auld fella first" and that sort of craic. If only they knew what fuckers most of us used to be.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2008, 11:34:05 pm »
I thought it was funny anyway mate. And I think it's hilarious when the young lads give us respect... "E'r love, serve the auld fella first" and that sort of craic. If only they knew what fuckers most of us used to be.
Yes its a bit weird being old really isn't it? Not complaining like ..and some of the younger lads have me in stitches some of the stuff they come out with. Nice one lad.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2008, 11:37:55 pm »
Was ther to. Was fuckin mayhem. I remember Mancs in The Gladdy trying to get into The Paddock and gettin pulled back in. Vice Versa for Liverpool fans to. The Enclosure looked a bit tasty to. That was the game of the nails and golf balls .

The replay at Maine Road was fun too. Got a ticket in the main stand so got separated from the main crew but that was the night we smashed up a street on the way out from the ground if I'm not mistaken.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2008, 11:46:57 pm »
Does anyone remember the FA cup game at Chelsea I think it was 1981-82, lost 2-0.
We got attacked from all over the ground. They came at us from the Shed, the main stand, everywhere. Even the fucking stewards were having a go. A bit scary that one, but we just about got out in one piece, although there were a lot of injuries, flying coins, stones etc, got to be one of the worst I saw.

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2008, 11:47:01 pm »
The replay at Maine Road was fun too. Got a ticket in the main stand so got separated from the main crew but that was the night we smashed up a street on the way out from the ground if I'm not mistaken.
The Original game was at Maine Road 2-2 on the Saturday,the replay which we lost 0-1 Greenhoff was at Woodison on the Following Wednesday!!!!!

Offline kwalityproducts

• Kemlynite
  • 25-5-2005.....THE BEST
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2008, 11:49:19 pm »
great thread...great stories.....some great lines in there lads....i am 31....a newbie to all you arl arses!!!

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2008, 11:51:38 pm »
The Original game was at Maine Road 2-2 on the Saturday,the replay which we lost 0-1 Greenhoff was at Woodison on the Following Wednesday!!!!!

No, you got the wrong one, I was at that one too but that was 78-79, we were talking about 84-85
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 11:54:42 pm by redprodigal »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2008, 11:54:57 pm »
Fucking wrecked it. Looked like Beirut. and yeah Old Scrote does feel weird getting old when you think back to them sort of things, especially when I'm walking me grandkids and Jack Russell.
But seeing we're being naughty, does anyone remember the ship of shame?

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2008, 12:04:00 am »
No, you got the wrong one, I was at that one too but that was 78-79, we were talking about 84-85
Sorry ;)

Offline graym

• here, there and everywhere
  • Main Stander
  • bob paisleys fusillers
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2008, 01:12:46 am »
crown coaches to boro ended up breaking down in castleford us younger lads went into town all older lads into miners welfare we had kick of with locals they got pissed .
first away old trafford 74 horrible coming out then 76 we chased them everywhere.
burnly being robbed divvy dave running down street with a carpet he had got as shops were looted.
oxford also got chased loads of lads locked out football pitch at back of ground one of our lads ran on scored a goal next min both teams laying into him loads of lads diving in to save him.
one of worst spurs in milk cup final at wemberly mayheam all day they had one loony mob came into our section .
fave match at Maine road 78 or 9 semi final got in manc early then ended up chased into oxford road loads of mancs waiting .
coppers said theres a mad train load of ours coming in when it arrived mancs got legged to arndale after game all split up walked back to Victoria about 90  of us , came to a park where all their coaches were was like Custer last stand belts off and fighting till cops saved us.
was a laugh though only place ever got nicked was forest 78 the uttoxeter train journey on way back  now that was mental.

Offline morestellata

• Legacy Fan
  • fiends,romans and fuck off everton!!
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2008, 01:30:40 am »
I mugged a tout on Wembley way at the '86 Cup Final and handed his tickets around to loads of lads.

You didn't go from the Boundry on Pilch lane did you by any chance ?
1st IS 1st, 2nd IS NOWHERE.
NEVER FORGET NEVER FORGIVE.
NEVER BUY THE SUN.
JUSTICE WILL BE DONE.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2008, 08:54:01 am »
I remember in the mid 70s, travelling all over the country to matches by train , with my mate, on '2 for 1' Persil vouchers which you cut off from the top of a packet of Persil washing powder and presented to the ticket collector with your one full price ticket. All seems so surreal now but my dads garage was packed with box after box of Persil - enough to do all aways in one season. Well travelled and exceptionally clean clothes that season. Might have been the year Carlisle were in the First Division ( First Division? - now theres a give away of someones age if ever there was)

Offline Stanfo

• Sleeping with the Enemy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2008, 09:25:14 am »
Does anyone remember the FA cup game at Chelsea I think it was 1981-82, lost 2-0.
We got attacked from all over the ground. They came at us from the Shed, the main stand, everywhere. Even the fucking stewards were having a go. A bit scary that one, but we just about got out in one piece, although there were a lot of injuries, flying coins, stones etc, got to be one of the worst I saw.

Remember that game well. The Echo the night before was advising people not to travel and in the end there must of only been a couple of thousand on half of the big open terrace. We went by train and had to literally fight them off at the tube stations. Walking from Fulham Broadway was also a bit tasty with hundreds of Chelsea on the other side of the road.

When we got in the ground we thought we were safe and then all hell broke loose before the game when they all stormed the pitch and were throwing all the shite from the broken running track at us. From memory they had part of our end which also made for an interesting afternoon.

We used to go in a group, which amazingly included a good few blues who just went for the day out, they went to West Ham and Spurs in both league cup finals too. At the Spurs game we were having a drink under the terrace and the next thing we heard a noise behind us, as we looked around there was a crowd in a circle and two lads having a fight, when we looked closer it was one of the Everton lads and a lad from Spurs.

Not condoning what went on in any way, however it happened and at the time in your late teens it did make for an exciting day out.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2008, 02:31:17 pm »
Just read the thread on ROATL and it is brilliant.  Makes me feel young again as I am 36.  I started going to the aways in 86 and kept on going for about 6 years maybe a little longer.  I remember the lads when we went to London would disappear off and go shoplifting.  Trying to remember the names of them.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2008, 04:17:58 pm »

Just read the thread on ROATL and it is brilliant.  Makes me feel young again as I am 36.  I started going to the aways in 86 and kept on going for about 6 years maybe a little longer.  I remember the lads when we went to London would disappear off and go shoplifting. Trying to remember the names of them.

Sssshhhh!

Same age as me mate. Stopped going the aways with me Dah that season I think or maybe the season before. I rememebr me Dah taking me to QPR away putting us inside the ground and fukcin' off the pub. He tells me that when leaving the pub about 10 to 3 to go the match a few Liverpool lads were getting legged by loads of QPR. Anyhow me Dah is walking on his own towards all this and the Liverpool Lads run past. The the QPR lads run past and as the last one is about to go past me Dah clocks him with a fuckin' beauty putting this bellend on his arse and out cold.

Did you used to go by Barnes from County Road?

By the way Iam thinking about lowering the age of an arl arse to 36.       ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 04:19:38 pm by kesey »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2008, 04:28:56 pm »
What about getting legged by a (small) baying mob of your own fans down Shiel Road about 1975 because the soft sod that you were with wore a pair of claret and blue tartan kecks to a home game against West Ham and had an OOT accent? Happy days!

I suffered that with my brother after a Leeds game in the 70s - walking back to Lime Street and someone asked us for the time... like mugs we replied and got chased... oh how we laughed...

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2008, 05:20:38 pm »
I suffered that with my brother after a Leeds game in the 70s - walking back to Lime Street and someone asked us for the time... like mugs we replied and got chased... oh how we laughed...

Leeds away, the year Keegan got a brace. Punched in the mouth outside the station - almost needed a brace myself.

Again, the year that Ray Kennedy scored and Leeds equalised with the last kick of the game - chased by a mob outside the Gelderd End when someone spotted a bit of red sticking out of my pocket.

Leeds was always a tricky one for me. Don't wear colours and I'd be a target for the Scousers as soon as I opened my mouth. Wear the colours and you'd get Revie's grieving legions after you.

Almost forgot: Leeds away the following year when Case hit the winner. I was at the back of a heaving Lowfield road terrace, having failed to get into the Liverpool end. Couldn't suppress a delighted shout when Case stuck it away. Suddenly there's hundreds of Leeds fans looking over their shoulders and pointing at me and my mate Raj (an Indian lad, so that didn't help). They wanted to murder us. No question. Spent the last 25 minutes of the match under the stand next to a copper waiting for the gates to open. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 05:26:38 pm by yorkykopite »
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2008, 05:24:32 pm »
Remember that game well. The Echo the night before was advising people not to travel and in the end there must of only been a couple of thousand on half of the big open terrace. We went by train and had to literally fight them off at the tube stations. Walking from Fulham Broadway was also a bit tasty with hundreds of Chelsea on the other side of the road.

When we got in the ground we thought we were safe and then all hell broke loose before the game when they all stormed the pitch and were throwing all the shite from the broken running track at us. From memory they had part of our end which also made for an interesting afternoon.

We used to go in a group, which amazingly included a good few blues who just went for the day out, they went to West Ham and Spurs in both league cup finals too. At the Spurs game we were having a drink under the terrace and the next thing we heard a noise behind us, as we looked around there was a crowd in a circle and two lads having a fight, when we looked closer it was one of the Everton lads and a lad from Spurs.

Not condoning what went on in any way, however it happened and at the time in your late teens it did make for an exciting day out.
remember the headline in the echo telling not to go in a boozer within mile of the ground,as the met couldn't guarantee our safety,also remember train trip to derby,after leaving stoke we arrived at place called longton,loads of stoke on the other platform,next thing all hell broke loose,one of the lads pulled communication cord,loads of our lot chasing stoke fans down longton high street,when we finally got to the baseball ground think it was nearly halftime....

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2008, 05:46:32 pm »
Alright Yorkie mate. Haven't seen you in here for ages.

And Kesey, I always hated going to QPR. No, so called firm, but they were snidey bastards. Me and two of me mates got legged for fucking miles by at least twenty odd of them. We finally caught up with our own lads, and got the piss taken out of some something rotten for getting legged by divvies like them.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2008, 05:48:25 pm »
Sssshhhh!

Same age as me mate. Stopped going the aways with me Dah that season I think or maybe the season before. I rememebr me Dah taking me to QPR away putting us inside the ground and fukcin' off the pub. He tells me that when leaving the pub about 10 to 3 to go the match a few Liverpool lads were getting legged by loads of QPR. Anyhow me Dah is walking on his own towards all this and the Liverpool Lads run past. The the QPR lads run past and as the last one is about to go past me Dah clocks him with a fuckin' beauty putting this bellend on his arse and out cold.

Did you used to go by Barnes from County Road?

By the way Iam thinking about lowering the age of an arl arse to 36.       ;)

No even though I was born in Liverpool, we moved to Chester when I was very small.  We always did the trains and always tried to get away with paying half.  Worked most of the time, esp as I was always young looking but was still quite funny getting away with it at the age of 22!!!

Remember having a good time at Derby in 1991 when we won 7-1, we got split up and I must have ran 5 miles around that shitty industrial estate around The Baseball Ground, they were big lads though. 

Swansea in the cup (1990) was a good laugh even though their infamous pub "The Swansea Jack" was a bit of a joke.  The train journey back was good though.

Millwall was always dodgy, walking down towards the away end on a January Sunday.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2008, 06:23:41 pm »
I've been chuckling away at your stuff though Fats.  ;)
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2008, 06:31:44 pm »

And Kesey, I always hated going to QPR. No, so called firm, but they were snidey bastards. Me and two of me mates got legged for fucking miles by at least twenty odd of them. We finally caught up with our own lads, and got the piss taken out of some something rotten for getting legged by divvies like them.

Was all the street names and even the pub named after South Africa?  If so they could be fuckers.  Oh and Mark Falco was a bigger fucker.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2008, 06:35:18 pm »
Anyone see the two fellas climbing the side of Wembley to get into the Wimbledon game by any chance?

I was in the Wimbledon end for that one.
Not packed out.

Anyone remember the football special to Old Trafford?
As it was getting nearer to Manchester at a certain point you would hear windows smashing and it would get louder.
On the embankments either side of the train were mancs throwing every stone or rock they could get their hands on. Everyone ducked down until we passed them...

I was 14 when I experienced Old Trafford for the first time.
Me and a few school mates.
I was shit scared.
I'd never seen anything like it before.
People getting slashed, horses stamping on people. fighting everywhere, charging the gates, granny's spitting at you and that was before we got into the ground.

Those were the days......
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 06:39:29 pm by alfonso »
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2008, 06:37:25 pm »
I was in the Wimbledon end for that one.
Not packed out.

Anyone remember the football special to Old Trafford?
As it was getting nearer to Manchester at a certain point you would hear windows smashing and it would get louder.
On the embankments either side of the train were mancs throwing every stone or rock they could get their hands on. Everyone ducked down until we passed them...

I was 14 when I experienced Old Trafford for the first time.
Me and a few school mates.
I was shit scared.
I'd never seen anything like it before.
People getting slashed, horses stamping on people. fighting everywhere, charging the gates, granny's spitting at you and that was before we got into the ground.

Those were the days......

And afterwards it would go off all the way down Warwick Road past the shitty chippy all the way down to the cricket ground.

Offline fletcheri

• Kopite
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2008, 06:41:16 pm »
what about black beard in the road end i thought he was a right c*nt but looking back what a job he had on his hands

Offline cornish exile

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2008, 07:01:02 pm »
went on the special once to norwich 78/79 ish. felt sorry for the young programme seller.outside on the streets, by himself and no cops around.loads of scallies saying give us a proggie,obviously he refused and he got a bit of a kicking for his troubles.all the proggies went flying. ive still got my programme somewhere at me mams.personally i thought it was out of order, him getting a smacking, but i wasnt going to say anything either.im sure something simialr happened at QPR too.again a free proggie.
ive been lucky i suppose.all the times on the specials, the scariest places were leeds and birmingham and i escaped untouched.
me and my cousin went on a normal train to maine rd and we both got jumped  outside the kippax.should have gone on the special and we might have been ok.
some great stories here from you old scallies.im old, but not  a scally though  ;D(too soft)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" – -- Unknown

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2008, 07:45:48 pm »
Getting off to watch Rangers St Petersberg.
Can't stand the hun or all they stand for. But fuck me. They know how to put on a show.
Imagine Hicks owning them....
"Ohh nae Jimmy. Ye cannae chant tha. Will upset all americans no just Hicks."
"Occh aye, mussnae demonstrate during the game. Will upset the lads trynnae play footbah!"
Fuck. I miss the good old days.

Offline graym

• here, there and everywhere
  • Main Stander
  • bob paisleys fusillers
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2008, 08:36:42 pm »
the brick Battle of Birmingham think it was 78 when they put fence up biggest mob of reds i had seen there year before we got battered.
stoke was always fun used to go on there end then kicked off into ours
qpr always snide and u used to relax not take it seriously
west ham the weekend when Leeds were at Chelsea Leeds got battered at Trafalgar square tube .
loads of us at west ham kicked off after at tube and at barking, when we got back to town came in behind Chelsea trying to get at Leeds when they heard liverpool they shit it and Leeds ran in as well.
but worst was spurs in cup before game brilliant in London at 9.30 on first special after game battered always down seven sisters road ,then in league game only few hundred down there but was better.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2008, 01:21:59 pm »
He's Fat
He's Round
He bounces off the ground.

And he's coming home. Chuffed about that.

Offline 5Goldstars

• Main Stander
  • ........Make that 6 Gold Stars
Old boys thread ....pre premiership
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2008, 09:14:57 pm »
Remember the 89 title decider against Arsenal it was a warm evening and spirits were high but the game was nowt special.After we lost i remember an Arsenal fan with his two lads decked out in full kit walking down the pitch to the Kop and clapping us,also remember after the game in the Albert with The Beatles on the jukie n me crying me eyes out
Liverpool fc, bastion of invincibility

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2008, 02:18:53 pm »
Was thinking about this last night.

Anybody remember the Hesyel 26 T - Shirts?

They were on sale at Coventry away in '87.

* Modified * Was it 25 or 26?         Fuck it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 02:59:39 pm by kesey »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi