Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 848547 times)

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #12120 on: May 25, 2020, 08:27:03 am »
football without fans is nothing".

This mantra means far more than just 'fans in the stadium'. It means all of us. Worldwide. Giving our attention and passion to supporting the Reds 24/7.
The return of football, even behind closed doors, gives meaning again to some peoples daily lives, their weekend schedule, etc. Some people live for 3pm on a Saturday (or, 10pm as it is here). The beautiful game, back on TV, providing an escape, providing enteratinment, and providing talking points, is still as much about the fans as is the spectator aspect of a full stadium.

Football may be like this for some time. You can choose to accept that and embrace all the good things the game can still offer... or you can choose to believe that the game is nothing without spectators in the stadium. I prefer the former.

'Football is nothing without the fans'
Well, we're still here, eagerly awaiting the game to ome back into our lives once more.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12121 on: May 25, 2020, 08:37:18 am »
I've waited 30 years to see us win the league so I can watch a few games without crowds if it means finally seeing something finally happen I was beginning to think never would.

Wouldn't have much interest in next season without crowds but as a Liverpool fan still hope we win all the games.

I’m sure there are a few who share your attitude.

But for a lot of people we can’t wait for football to start again because we’re football fans and enjoy watching football instead of just watching trophies. The Bundesliga starting has been great and the football has been really enjoyable. I can’t wait for La Liga to start next, and finally our own league (where I’m sure a lot of us will be watching not just our own games). We all know your attitude in general but honestly, if your attitude to football is that you can’t be bothered....then why bother? All that you bring to this thread, as ever, is a horrible negativity which is so unhelpful and horrible to see at a time like this. There doesn’t need to be a ‘balance’ of positive and negative, pessimism and optimism. This should be a time, particularly as Liverpool fans, that we all show unity in supporting our players any way we can. And your constant negative attitude towards the club, towards football and towards this whole situation is really shining out loud again. If football brings you this much negativity, honestly why bother? It’s meant to be entertaining. If you’re not getting that then honestly just fuck it off and try something else. I know a few older people who are so disillusioned with football that they went from season ticket holders to having no interest in it at all, and get enjoyment elsewhere like gardening or different sports. Playing golf maybe.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #12122 on: May 25, 2020, 08:51:27 am »

But for a lot of people we can’t wait for football to start again because we’re football fans and enjoy watching football instead of just watching trophies.

While I agree with most of your post, I think it's worth pointing out that a large section (probably the majority) of football "fans" don't watch the game out of appreciation for it as a sport

If that was the case Twitter (and indeed most forums) would be full of purists discussing the tactical intricacies of the game

But they're not. You only have to read through some of the "banter" and "opinion" to spot the real reason why most people adopt football fandom

It has little to do with the actual sport itself sadly

That's not aimed directly at Fromola, but in general     
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12123 on: May 25, 2020, 09:29:30 am »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12124 on: May 25, 2020, 09:30:18 am »
Personally i've got zero interest in watching games without crowds (as devilishly annoying as most crowds in England are). I just want the season to finish so we can win the league. Won't give a fuck about next season if there's no fans allowed, although I hope we win the league.

Without fans it's essentially just a kickabout in the park. Our fans pretty much made the tagline "football without fans is nothing".

So when we win the league you won't be posting or celebrating?

Good. Hopefully you'll leave this thread too and leave other people to to it.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12125 on: May 25, 2020, 09:57:27 am »

But for a lot of people we can’t wait for football to start again because we’re football fans and enjoy watching football instead of just watching trophies. The Bundesliga starting has been great and the football has been really enjoyable. I can’t wait for La Liga to start next, and finally our own league (where I’m sure a lot of us will be watching not just our own games). We all know your attitude in general but honestly, if your attitude to football is that you can’t be bothered....then why bother? All that you bring to this thread, as ever, is a horrible negativity which is so unhelpful and horrible to see at a time like this. There doesn’t need to be a ‘balance’ of positive and negative, pessimism and optimism. This should be a time, particularly as Liverpool fans, that we all show unity in supporting our players any way we can. And your constant negative attitude towards the club, towards football and towards this whole situation is really shining out loud again. If football brings you this much negativity, honestly why bother? It’s meant to be entertaining. If you’re not getting that then honestly just fuck it off and try something else. I know a few older people who are so disillusioned with football that they went from season ticket holders to having no interest in it at all, and get enjoyment elsewhere like gardening or different sports. Playing golf maybe.

In all honesty I probably am at that point but i'm still desperate for that title i've waited most of my life for and that the lads have earned and i'll always want Liverpool to be successful. The vile bitterness of all these no marks who want the season voided and have stamped their feet for months just adds to thinking why bother with it. There's no honor left in the sport or any sense of fair play.

But I think in general there will be a wider sense that without fans in the ground it loses an awful lot. Viewing figures will tank if not this season then next season. The fact we won't even be able to go to the pub to watch the match or (as things are now) even have mates or family around to watch it.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12126 on: May 25, 2020, 09:59:36 am »

Rory Smith made a very good point last week that there is a difference between being a fan of football as in the game, and being a fan of the spectacle that the match brings, both are absolutely fine, but they are not the same thing.

I suspect the majority of us are fans of both.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12127 on: May 25, 2020, 10:01:18 am »
In all honesty I probably am at that point but i'm still desperate for that title i've waited most of my life for and that the lads have earned and i'll always want Liverpool to be successful. The vile bitterness of all these no marks who want the season voided and have stamped their feet for months just adds to thinking why bother with it. There's no honor left in the sport or any sense of fair play.

But I think in general there will be a wider sense that without fans in the ground it loses an awful lot. Viewing figures will tank if not this season then next season. The fact we won't even be able to go to the pub to watch the match or (as things are now) even have mates or family around to watch it.

Exactly. You shouldn’t bother. We all deserve things in life that we enjoy, and it’s very clear that football isn’t one of them for you. Like you say, you should pack it in after this season and look for something you actually like. You’ll be much better off for it, as will those you impact with your footballing ‘outlook’ :)

It takes a brave man to walk away from something they’ve followed their whole life, so fair play to you Fromola
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12128 on: May 25, 2020, 10:05:10 am »
Rory Smith made a very good point last week that there is a difference between being a fan of football as in the game, and being a fan of the spectacle that the match brings, both are absolutely fine, but they are not the same thing.

I suspect the majority of us are fans of both.

That's true but the game needs both to flourish. Without the skill and quality etc it obviously loses a lot (not many people watch the Welsh League for example) and without the fans and the atmosphere etc it also a lot. The two go hand in hand.

THat's not to say you can't have one or the other. A great atmosphere at a poor quality match (say Belgrade derby for example) can still be a great thing because of the spectacle. A great football match in an empty stadium can still be a good thing. But it is obviously missing something.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 10:08:19 am by Fromola »

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12129 on: May 25, 2020, 10:10:05 am »
I've got no problem watching games without crowds. It's watching them at home on me tod on a poxy livestream on my laptop when I'd rather be in the pub with my bestie going mental at a giant screen. :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12130 on: May 25, 2020, 10:14:24 am »
That's true but the game needs both to flourish. Without the skill and quality etc it obviously loses a lot (not many people watch the Welsh League for example) and without the fans and the atmosphere etc it also a lot. The two go hand in hand.

Hence why I said they majority of us are fans of both.’  ;D

If you gave me the option to watch a game that you could objectively rate as 8/10 in terms of quality, say Barca v Sevilla, but with no fans, or a game that you’d rate 6/10 in terms of quality but with fans, say Chelsea v Arsenal, I’d watch the latter as I prefer having the fans in the stadium for the spectacle and I also think it gives you a better chance of something mad happening. But in absence of the latter, I’d still watch the former, because fundamentally I’m still a fan of the game of football and if Messi does something amazing I’m still going to watch it and have the same response to it as I would if there were 80k people in the Nou Camp.

For me with this, I think it’s just going to be a time where our expectations for the game have to change slightly for (hopefully) a short period of time. We no longer watch a game and associate it with the roar of the crowd but rather the talent on show and the opportunity to watch the game of football, it’s fine, it’s not as good as what was before and what will come later down the line but we’ve got the best squad we’ve had in the 30 years that I’ve also waited for us to win the league and I’m fucked if I’m not enjoying it.

As an aside, the atmosphere has been much better since Klopp came in, but on the subject of being able to hear the players shout etc, I’ve been to plenty of shit atmospheres over the years, especially early kick offs under Rafa, where you could hear that anyway I’ve been told to shut up several times for singing? So I think maybe there is a touch of revisionism about this.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12131 on: May 25, 2020, 10:14:48 am »
I'm looking forward to watching Crystal Palace without having to listen to non stop droning, the mancs without them singing shite just for the sake of singing, all the rest of the little England/brext shite singing the same generic stuff, make all our games early kick off and you won't hear much difference apart from the usual shite coming from the away end, only thing I'll miss is the booing and comedy fuck off shouts at Goodison

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12132 on: May 25, 2020, 10:21:58 am »
As an aside, the atmosphere has been much better since Klopp came in, but on the subject of being able to hear the players shout etc, I’ve been to plenty of shit atmospheres over the years, especially early kick offs under Rafa, where you could hear that anyway I’ve been told to shut up several times for singing? So I think maybe there is a touch of revisionism about this.

I can struggle to enjoy a game in a shit atmosphere, especially in England because it's blood and thunder and the crowd are a big part of the game to up the pace (as downright twattish as English fans be). Plenty of others do which was why you had the Reclaim the Kop campaigns in those years and people trying to something about it. Klopp is the same and has fought and fought to get the crowd going and involved because he knows the importance. Now he's got to deal with no crowds at all.

It's one thing for a few weeks to get a season finished but it'll be a disaster for the sport if weeks becomes years.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 10:28:19 am by Fromola »

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12133 on: May 25, 2020, 10:28:03 am »
Im really looking forward to the game tomorrow between Dortmund and Bayern, this would be the closest thing to a premier league game for me, I haven't enjoyed watching the Bundesliga behind closed doors, I have not been able to watch a full game yet, but then I never watched a full Bundesliga game even before the lock down, I tried to watch a game yesterday and the only familiar name was Uwe Rosler the manager of dusseldorf.
I think I lost interest more because I could not identify with any of the teams/players and didn't understand the back story of the season no matter how much BT/talksport tried.
Tomorrow's game would be one I normally make time to watch, I understand the title implications of it and I know the history of both teams. That's why I would enjoy palace burnley if there was something riding on it, ill even watch championship football. Its not just the quality of the football, but also the importance of a match that makes me watch, and there will be a lot of important matches coming up.
Its also somewhat fascinating to see how world class players react in a massive game without crowds.
Itll never be as good as being sold out with fans, but its far better than having no football at all.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12134 on: May 25, 2020, 10:39:03 am »
I can struggle to enjoy a game in a shit atmosphere, especially in England because it's blood and thunder and the crowd are a big part of the game to up the pace (as downright twattish as English fans be). Plenty of others do which was why you had the Reclaim the Kop campaigns in those years and people trying to something about it. Klopp is the same and has fought and fought to get the crowd going and involved because he knows the importance. Now he's got to deal with no crowds at all.

It's one thing for a few weeks to get a season finished but it'll be a disaster for the sport if weeks becomes years.

But why would you care now? You’ve just said you’re at a point where you don’t enjoy football at all and are looking to start giving it a miss. I’m not sure why playing behind closed doors or not would bother you at this point.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12135 on: May 25, 2020, 10:47:50 am »

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #12136 on: May 25, 2020, 11:05:34 am »

That's fine with me. While I'll miss watching Soccer Saturday down the pub, I prefer watching actual games on my own if I'm not in the ground anyway. Nothing worse than someone jabbering on when you're trying to concentrate on what's going on.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12137 on: May 25, 2020, 11:11:30 am »
I liked the way Fox Sports had crowd noise for the Bundesliga. Watched a couple of games over the weekend and for Koln game I forgot the fans weren't even there. Not sure why they didnt have it on BT though.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12138 on: May 25, 2020, 11:20:06 am »

THat's not to say you can't have one or the other. A great atmosphere at a poor quality match (say Belgrade derby for example) can still be a great thing because of the spectacle. A great football match in an empty stadium can still be a good thing. But it is obviously missing something.

Yeah but you clearly don't like football. You like the atmosphere.

I've been watching the German League and I've been just as enthralled at the tactics and play as I am interested in football

Mind you, I watch every game (not Liverpool FC) with the sound off, so that's probably why. I'm not interested in the 'atmosphere' - I watch footy because I'm fascinated with the game of Football.

Never occured to me before this conversation that you actually had Reds that genuinely didn't like football but just went for the craic.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:24:47 am by Andy ⁎ Allerton »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12139 on: May 25, 2020, 11:46:04 am »
I can't wait for the season to resume so we can get the two wins we need to seal the title. No one will be able to say we were given the title. No matter what we say if the title is just given to us people will always say that we didn't mathematically win it even if the chances of City catching us is 1%. We need to win it on the pitch, period.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12140 on: May 25, 2020, 11:50:58 am »
I can't wait until the Premier League is up and running again, but I'm definitely missing tennis and American sports. Can't wait until everything's back, so I can have a variety of things to watch. Bundesliga or foreign horse racing is pretty much it at the minute.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12141 on: May 25, 2020, 11:57:48 am »
I can't wait until the Premier League is up and running again, but I'm definitely missing tennis and American sports. Can't wait until everything's back, so I can have a variety of things to watch. Bundesliga or foreign horse racing is pretty much it at the minute.

Nascar was on the other night. I got bored of it very quickly
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12142 on: May 25, 2020, 12:02:57 pm »
Personally i've got zero interest in watching games without crowds (as devilishly annoying as most crowds in England are). I just want the season to finish so we can win the league. Won't give a fuck about next season if there's no fans allowed, although I hope we win the league.

Without fans it's essentially just a kickabout in the park. Our fans pretty much made the tagline "football without fans is nothing".

You do realise that mantra relates to fans being priced out of the game? Sport thrives at all levels irrespective of attendances.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12143 on: May 25, 2020, 12:24:06 pm »
One thing watching the Bundesliga these last weekends has done for me is reignited an enjoyment of watching football. Yes, the passion of the crowd might be missing, but the game itself has been the focus and its been very very enjoyable.

Like others I've not missed the awful shite the English crowds come up with.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12144 on: May 25, 2020, 12:31:49 pm »
One thing watching the Bundesliga these last weekends has done for me is reignited an enjoyment of watching football. Yes, the passion of the crowd might be missing, but the game itself has been the focus and its been very very enjoyable.

Like others I've not missed the awful shite the English crowds come up with.

and the crowd noise this past weekend actually helped - especially when the cameras weren't focused on the crowd - made it almost seem normal.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12145 on: May 25, 2020, 12:37:57 pm »
and the crowd noise this past weekend actually helped - especially when the cameras weren't focused on the crowd - made it almost seem normal.

Yes a bit of background noise will help to home viewing experience. Obviously nothing ever gets anywhere near close to the atmosphere when actually in the ground, nor when the Kop is in full voice when watching on TV, when BT sport shut up and just play the ground singing YNWA, it sends a tingle down the spine, but until things get more normal, I'll take what is offered.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #12146 on: May 25, 2020, 12:45:28 pm »

It's all very circular...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12147 on: May 25, 2020, 12:50:02 pm »

It lost its appeal once Lightning McQueen retired

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12148 on: May 25, 2020, 01:05:40 pm »

You don’t like TrashCar?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12149 on: May 25, 2020, 01:38:36 pm »
You don’t like TrashCar?

Reminds me of driving around that huge roundabout in Skem. Also, If I hold the scalextric controller trigger just right, I can reproduce the races at home.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12150 on: May 25, 2020, 01:42:42 pm »
...Like others I've not missed the awful shite the English crowds come up with.

It's dire, isn't it.

By the time crowds are back in football grounds these drones will have had at least a year out to come up with something witty to throw at the opposition and maybe even something inspiring for their own team.

Despite that, you can bet all they'll come back with is "sign on" "your support is facking shit" and "where's your famous atmosphere."

Sad and so depressing. I thank God I was born in Liverpool and am lucky enough to follow this club.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12151 on: May 25, 2020, 01:44:47 pm »
It's dire, isn't it.

By the time crowds are back in football grounds these drones will have had at least a year out to come up with something witty to throw at the opposition and maybe even something inspiring for their own team.

Despite that, you can bet all they'll come back with is "sign on" "your support is facking shit" and "where's your famous atmosphere."

Sad and so depressing. I thank God I was born in Liverpool and am lucky enough to follow this club.

Liverpool? That means your were manufactured, not bornTM

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12152 on: May 25, 2020, 01:47:36 pm »
Liverpool? That means your were manufactured, not bornTM
:duh
Not my day, is it.  :sad
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12153 on: May 25, 2020, 01:49:46 pm »
It's dire, isn't it.

Covid 19 champions will be wormed in there somewhere.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12154 on: May 25, 2020, 01:55:52 pm »

Since watching John Oliver last week, I've found this to be much more enjoyable:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7D-FHaaShvM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7D-FHaaShvM</a>
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12155 on: May 25, 2020, 02:40:34 pm »
One thing I’m looking forward to in the behind closed doors is all the effing and jeffing from the players. Surely they won’t be able to cover it up unless they mute everything completely.

Online Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12156 on: May 25, 2020, 02:41:55 pm »
It's dire, isn't it.

To be fair it gives the bitters a few months to come up with something more groundbreaking than ‘fuck off on Easyjet’ when they come to Anfield next.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12157 on: May 25, 2020, 02:48:44 pm »
One thing I’m looking forward to in the behind closed doors is all the effing and jeffing from the players. Surely they won’t be able to cover it up unless they mute everything completely.

I was thinking about that the other day too when watching Bayerns game. One of the commentators said the main thing without the crowd is you can very clearly (obviously) hear who is vocal in a team and who isn't. I loved watching that Bayern game with no crowd you completely zone in on the game itself. Never mind removing the restrictions about 3pm coverage, remove the restriction about bad language before 10pm. Just a shame Craig Bellamy isn't still playing

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12158 on: May 25, 2020, 03:05:46 pm »

Thursday looks pretty big then.

What happens if they just can't agree on those things such as the home ans away grounds and the how to settle the table if it ever gets curtailed?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #12159 on: May 25, 2020, 03:10:44 pm »
Loss of revenue will prevail
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/