Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 850138 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #12040 on: May 24, 2020, 12:06:36 pm »
2 people from 1 Championship club have tested positive for coronavirus after testing of 1014 players and staff from the 24 clubs.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12041 on: May 24, 2020, 12:10:52 pm »
If only the rest of country was as controlled as the premier league in their testing, wed have beaten the virus by now.

Also while its true that our government have been wildly incompetent, the numbers are dropping every day, by the time we start the numbers will be far  better than now.

It's a good thing the rest of the country isn't playing footie then isn't it? I mean professional athletes and the lad in the park are two diffrent things.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12042 on: May 24, 2020, 12:18:41 pm »
It's a good thing the rest of the country isn't playing footie then isn't it? I mean professional athletes and the lad in the park are two diffrent things.

Not sure what you mean, I wish we had the resources to test everyone like the premier league is doing but that's impossible. They will be the safest industry going and will have no danger of an outbreak so should be safe to play on once starting.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12043 on: May 24, 2020, 12:26:18 pm »
Yeah I think the situation seems to be massively improving if you look at what some scientists are saying rather than Piers Moron or Whiteboots. I can't see any way the season doesn't restart now unless players start driving to Durham with Cummings in the car.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12044 on: May 24, 2020, 12:28:32 pm »
Yeah I think the situation seems to be massively improving if you look at what some scientists are saying rather than Piers Moron or Whiteboots. I can't see any way the season doesn't restart now unless players start driving to Durham with Cummings in the car.

Whiteboots is on piste at the moment, thankfully Fromola has picked up the slack though
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12045 on: May 24, 2020, 12:30:31 pm »
Anyone worried about how the government's incompetence could ruin our  restart? Spain, Italy and Germany all seem to have new cases at around less than 1000 and daily death tolls inbetween 50-150. All have implemented strict lockdowns.

UK with 2000-3000 new cases and daily deaths at 200 - 400. I know we are a few weeks behind the rest of them, but the governments sick handling of all of this might just mean our path to new normality might be very much slower.
No, UK is completely where you’d expect considering when it’s peak was. This is despite the Government’s mishandling.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12046 on: May 24, 2020, 12:36:14 pm »
One thing which is starting to get really annoying is people seeing a news story of a few bellends
 at the beach and declaring that we’re going to get a ‘second wave.’

The first wave happened with almost NO social distancing measures in place. With roughly 75 professional football matches with spectators happening weekly, with Champions League matches, Cheltenham Festival, packed tubes and packed pubs, not to mention all offices and work places being staffed as normal.

Currently none of the above is occurring and, whilst I get that it is annoying seeing idiots flouting the rules, it’s just that, annoying, and it is a massive minority. It’s no where near big enough to create an incident any greater than natural selection whereby they get the virus themselves. It’s frustrating to see because the likelihood is that they will end up passing it onto one or two vulnerable people who have followed the rules in a supermarket or something, but it’s not going to affect the country at large and it certainly isn’t going to cause some kind of second peak of infections.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #12047 on: May 24, 2020, 12:40:12 pm »
UK was always going to be 2-3 weeks behind Italy and Spain.

Remember when Italy was having BCD matches on a Saturday weeks before we closed down?

IMO Another 4 weeks before the PL restarts ... 19/20th June is my guess.

I believe fatalities will be well below 100 a day by then.  Hopefully.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12048 on: May 24, 2020, 12:46:10 pm »
One thing which is starting to get really annoying is people seeing a news story of a few bellends

I don't see anything wrong with having this kind of outlook.  If nothing else at least it keeps us on our toes. We're NOT out of this by any means and any perceived threat of a second wave can only serve as a good reminder of that.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12049 on: May 24, 2020, 12:48:05 pm »

The first wave happened with almost NO social distancing measures in place. With roughly 75 professional football matches with spectators happening weekly, with Champions League matches, Cheltenham Festival, packed tubes and packed pubs, not to mention all offices and work places being staffed as normal.

Currently none of the above is occurring and, whilst I get that it is annoying seeing idiots flouting the rules, it’s just that, annoying, and it is a massive minority. It’s no where near big enough to create an incident any greater than natural selection whereby they get the virus themselves. It’s frustrating to see because the likelihood is that they will end up passing it onto one or two vulnerable people who have followed the rules in a supermarket or something, but it’s not going to affect the country at large and it certainly isn’t going to cause some kind of second peak of infections.

Spot on.

I do think we will see a small spike, but that is down to the amount of old and vulnerable I am seeing out and about ignoring social distancing.

Watching the German footy is making me more and more desperate to see us back and to see the bikes, WSB, Bristish Superbikes and MotoGP back on the telly.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12050 on: May 24, 2020, 01:09:16 pm »
Maaan Jim White of transfer deadline day orgasm fame is trying his hardest to get a negative response from Andros Townsend in regards to project restart. It’s pathetic how each question has a negative connotation.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #12051 on: May 24, 2020, 01:11:04 pm »

Good post, and given this context I've wondered why so many have speculated that a second wave would be worse than the first? Unless the virus mutates into a more deadly strain surely we'd be far better prepared?
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12052 on: May 24, 2020, 01:11:15 pm »

My understanding is that isn't how it works.

'Second wave' in this context isn't correct. If we had a re-occurrance now then I believe that this would be just a 'bounce' of the first wave. (Maybe science bods on here can confirm/clarify that?)

The 'Second Wave' is an entirely new thing not based on this wave..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12053 on: May 24, 2020, 01:12:27 pm »
I do wonder why whiteboots was just so adamant about everything. That’s a lot of effort to go through to come to a Liverpool site and peddle his agenda. And peddle he did.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12054 on: May 24, 2020, 01:15:30 pm »

My understanding is that isn't how it works.

'Second wave' in this context isn't correct. If we had a re-occurrance now then I believe that this would be just a 'bounce' of the first wave. (Maybe science bods on here can confirm/clarify that?)

The 'Second Wave' is an entirely new thing not based on this wave..

The terminology may be incorrect, but the point stands. When people say ‘second wave’ they generally mean reverting to the point of in excess of 800 deaths daily, and logic dictates that, that isn’t going to happen when the vast majority of the stimuli which would cause such an infection has been removed.

For the record I am not saying that there won’t be repeated bouts of this as more and more things open, there may well be, but if there is it won’t be because of a few twats on Scarborough beach, and, thankfully it won’t be because PL football resumes (although I know that nobody was implying that it would be.)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12055 on: May 24, 2020, 01:16:55 pm »
I do wonder why whiteboots was just so adamant about everything. That’s a lot of effort to go through to come to a Liverpool site and peddle his agenda. And peddle he did.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12056 on: May 24, 2020, 01:16:59 pm »
It’s spot on from Dunk though, if it is true. The antics of the Brighton chairman and CEO show no confidence in their team being able to get it done on the pitch.
anthony knockaert is on loan at Fulham so why is his opinion important there?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12057 on: May 24, 2020, 01:19:01 pm »
The terminology may be incorrect, but the point stands. When people say ‘second wave’ they generally mean reverting to the point of in excess of 800 deaths daily, and logic dictates that, that isn’t going to happen when the vast majority of the stimuli which would cause such an infection has been removed.

For the record I am not saying that there won’t be repeated bouts of this as more and more things open, there may well be, but if there is it won’t be because of a few twats on Scarborough beach, and, thankfully it won’t be because PL football resumes (although I know that nobody was implying that it would be.)

Well what you think isn't really important mate, it's all down to statistics and that r0 number (And k)

Once r0 goes above one then you get an exponential rate. It's clear that the virus is still out there and is still spreading despite the very good lockdown effort by the public.

We've seen relaxation of this and more people seemingly flouting the rules and giving that r0 a chance to increase.

So I think that's all people are saying mate. It's all about the numbers...

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12058 on: May 24, 2020, 01:31:44 pm »
I expect there to be more spikes- obviously the virus wont just be eradicated any time soon but people think there will be a big second wave, worse than what we had at the peak in April based on a comparison to the Spanish Flu which was a different type of virus all together and 100 years ago with far less scientific advancements.

I don't see how it affects football anyway - they stopped playing initially at a time when everyone was majorly freaking out about the virus as it was so unknown and no one knew what was going to happen. There was no tests, no social distancing policies, no real guidance. Although we still don't know everything about it I think the scientists know a hell of a lot more. We know how to advance slowly as a world again as well whereas when it first got cancelled every country thought it was the right thing to shield and lock down  some later than others.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 01:33:34 pm by UntouchableLuis »

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12059 on: May 24, 2020, 01:35:32 pm »
Well what you think isn't really important mate, it's all down to statistics and that r0 number (And k)

Once r0 goes above one then you get an exponential rate. It's clear that the virus is still out there and is still spreading despite the very good lockdown effort by the public.

We've seen relaxation of this and more people seemingly flouting the rules and giving that r0 a chance to increase.

So I think that's all people are saying mate. It's all about the numbers...

Right, but it isn’t above 0 at the moment is it? As far as we are aware.

Whilst there have been people at the beach flouting lockdown rules (as there have been for the past 12 weeks.)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12060 on: May 24, 2020, 01:43:41 pm »
Right, but it isn’t above 0 at the moment is it? As far as we are aware.

Whilst there have been people at the beach flouting lockdown rules (as there have been for the past 12 weeks.)

The problem is that the testing isn't being done at the correct level, we don't know what r0 is and in many cases it seems that people are getting it and either not knowing or not dying and not being recorded.

So we don't know. All we can know really is that we won't know or get a hint of it until a few weeks later.

To be clear, I think that football should still go ahead as the plans in place mean that footballers are in a very good position; Fit, healthy and in a position to know almost immediately if they have the virus - which would help protect their families and others. And continued testing means that they are likely to stay safe. If the proper tracing was also done and picked up across the country then 'we' would be able to do something proactive to solve the virus issue.

But that isn't happening from what I can see. So it's just accounting at the moment.

I'd like to think that the majority of people are still being safe and still taking notice of the previous advice (I have no idea what the current advice is - it seems to be a random shit show of crap spouted daily)

One thing is for sure - unless Cummings is sacked and then fined by the police, I'd say that this lockdown is pretty much dead in the water right now.

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12061 on: May 24, 2020, 01:44:21 pm »

I don't see anything wrong with having this kind of outlook.  If nothing else at least it keeps us on our toes. We're NOT out of this by any means and any perceived threat of a second wave can only serve as a good reminder of that.

You mean to say it helps you stay alert?

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12062 on: May 24, 2020, 01:49:12 pm »

The problem is that the testing isn't being done at the correct level, we don't know what r0 is and in many cases it seems that people are getting it and either not knowing or not dying and not being recorded.

So we don't know. All we can know really is that we won't know or get a hint of it until a few weeks later.

To be clear, I think that football should still go ahead as the plans in place mean that footballers are in a very good position; Fit, healthy and in a position to know almost immediately if they have the virus - which would help protect their families and others. And continued testing means that they are likely to stay safe. If the proper tracing was also done and picked up across the country then 'we' would be able to do something proactive to solve the virus issue.

But that isn't happening from what I can see. So it's just accounting at the moment.

I'd like to think that the majority of people are still being safe and still taking notice of the previous advice (I have no idea what the current advice is - it seems to be a random shit show of crap spouted daily)

One thing is for sure - unless Cummings is sacked and then fined by the police, I'd say that this lockdown is pretty much dead in the water right now.

I disagree with your last sentiment. The cummings nonsense hasn't changed mine or my girlfriend's current stance that we wont visit our family in their homes until the Government say we can. I expect most rational and adult people will do the same still. The idiots who say 'well Cummings broke the rules so I will now's are probably the same idiots who have been breaking rules anyway.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12063 on: May 24, 2020, 01:55:31 pm »
I disagree with your last sentiment. The cummings nonsense hasn't changed mine or my girlfriend's current stance that we wont visit our family in their homes until the Government say we can. I expect most rational and adult people will do the same still. The idiots who say 'well Cummings broke the rules so I will now's are probably the same idiots who have been breaking rules anyway.

I hope you're right mate. And me and the missus and my friends are the same.

But none of us are Tories or Brexit voters.. And there are a lot of those two camps out there. I'm more thinking of how his actions will affect the S*n, Daily Fail, Torygraph and Sly News readers/watchers

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12064 on: May 24, 2020, 02:02:00 pm »

But none of us are Tories or Brexit voters.. And there are a lot of those two camps out there. I'm more thinking of how his actions will affect the S*n, Daily Fail, Torygraph and Sly News readers/watchers

I’m not sure people realise how unhelpful this sort of thing is.

There are a huge amount of people who are doing the right things, keeping their distances from loved ones and friends, doing exactly what they’ve been told to do. Amongst them a lot of Tory voters or Brexit voters. I believe you were quite vocal at how you attended a street party so you know....people in glass houses and all that.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12065 on: May 24, 2020, 02:06:26 pm »

There are a huge amount of people who are doing the right things, keeping their distances from loved ones and friends, doing exactly what they’ve been told to do. Amongst them a lot of Tory voters or Brexit voters. I believe you were quite vocal at how you attended a street party so you know....people in glass houses and all that.

I attended a street party with social distancing. A party that was clearly far safer than the social gathering I've seen in the last few weeks with everyone keeping their distance and obeying the rules. The only people close to each other were the family groups.

If people are going out and following that advice - keeping to social groups, keeping their distance of over the distance specified and being very careful then I can't see a problem with that.

The shots I've seen of people out and about don't seem to show that in the slightest. But, like you, I'm hoping that the majority of the country that have been following the rules continue to do so.

Also find it amusing that I've been following the rules for 9 weeks now and have barely left the house and you're having a go at me for following the rules to the letter at the time the party happened.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #12066 on: May 24, 2020, 02:08:06 pm »
This is from the Mail but it sounds very likely to be true.

'A group of Brighton players asked the club to tone down their outspoken opposition to Project Restart last week as they felt it belittled their chances of staying in the Premier Leagueon merit.

Seagulls captain and hometown boy Lewis Dunk made direct representations to chairman Tony Bloom, expressing their unhappiness that Brighton — two points above the relegation zone — were being seen as the ringleaders in preventing top-flight football from returning.

Glenn Murray and Anthony Knockaert were among the Seagulls players who also publicly questioned whether the Premier League should return but a larger group headed by Dunk felt Brighton’s negative stance came across as a lack of confidence in their ability to avoid relegation on the pitch.'

Just shows how bad sports journalism has got, Anthony Knockaert plays for Fulham.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #12067 on: May 24, 2020, 02:15:13 pm »

You need to see that Iain Banks quote about sweetcorn and turds. And pack it in with the personal attacks. This is a thread about how COVID-19 is impacting upon sports, not a points-scoring opportunity to attack other members.

And Andy, don't rise to it, you just make it worse by doing so. Ta.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #12068 on: May 24, 2020, 02:16:09 pm »
This is from the Mail but it sounds very likely to be true.

No Daily Mail references here please - regardless of whether or not there's a link. The Mail is paper-non-grata here. Thanks.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12069 on: May 24, 2020, 02:16:12 pm »
UK was always going to be 2-3 weeks behind Italy and Spain.

Remember when Italy was having BCD matches on a Saturday weeks before we closed down?

IMO Another 4 weeks before the PL restarts ... 19/20th June is my guess.

I believe fatalities will be well below 100 a day by then.  Hopefully.

We just need to put a firm restart date me with fixtures and make sure relegation etc is happening

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #12070 on: May 24, 2020, 02:16:48 pm »
Shockingly, it turns out Hull are the team with two players testing positive in the Chsmpionship. I’m flabbergasted.
AHA!

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12071 on: May 24, 2020, 02:18:55 pm »

For the record, my post was very much of the assumption that people are doing the right things - every person I know personally are doing the right things.

What I find frustrating is how someone sees the news, sees a bunch of morons behaving like morons, and uses that as a justification for saying that ‘half the country’ is doing it and that a ‘second wave’ is en route. Whether the terminology of ‘second wave’ is wrong and it should be a ‘bounce,’ isn’t really the point - when people say this they generally mean a huge spike in numbers infected and numbers of deaths.

We all know that the news highlights the most controversial things, like how they’re only interested in the footballers who are dissenting about the season restarting - it’s not representative of the vast majority of people behaving sensibly.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12072 on: May 24, 2020, 02:26:27 pm »
Shockingly, it turns out Hull are the team with two players testing positive in the Chsmpionship. I’m flabbergasted.

Poor indeed, Only managed two, useless bastards.....
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12073 on: May 24, 2020, 02:44:09 pm »

Seems funny how it's these relegation threatened teams.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12074 on: May 24, 2020, 02:52:42 pm »

Yes does seem like ridiculous irony.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12075 on: May 24, 2020, 03:17:55 pm »

Almost like when we were kids and one got chicken pox so the mums threw all the kids together so everyone caught it

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #12076 on: May 24, 2020, 03:41:21 pm »
It's noticeable how it's the clubs in & around the relegation zone & early on Spurs who have nothing to play for that have been most vocal on cancelling the season, i've not heard anything from Arsenal, us, & apart from the fans City, United, Everton, have been quite silent.
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12077 on: May 24, 2020, 03:45:39 pm »
It’s spot on from Dunk though, if it is true. The antics of the Brighton chairman and CEO show no confidence in their team being able to get it done on the pitch.
This very issue was called out on here very early into all this, particularly by Red Berry, if I recall correctly.

If they had got away with railroading a voiding or at least the removal of relegation then maybe they would have viewed the blatant lack of faith in their players as worth it.

Problem is, now those things are not even in the room, never mind on the table, it looks like the clubs have thrown their players under the bus. The clubs' own hierarchies have delivered major psychological blows on their own players.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12078 on: May 24, 2020, 03:46:39 pm »

It's obviously a coincidence but truly bizzare.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12079 on: May 24, 2020, 03:49:53 pm »
Just watched the Sunday Supp on catch up and then flicked to the Leipzig match.

What a bunch of negative, miserable pricks they are.

You've got Shaun fucking Custis banging on about the balls being too sticky due to the disinfectant spray used on them ... and then on the other channel you see the German league players flying into tackles.