Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 503010 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dejan Lovren signs new long-term Liverpool contract
« Reply #2920 on: July 14, 2018, 12:58:10 pm »
Wow - I assumed this would be a few pages of people congratulating the only Liverpool player in the World Cup Final. How daft could I be?

Sun's shining - a few of you need to step away from the keyboard.

Could everyone picking up on Lovren's errors please write a list of any Liverpool player, in fact any player anywhere who hasn't made an error or a poor decision in their career.

Hyypia did, Lawrenson did, Hansen did, Phil Thompson did, Maldini did...

As did I.

It's a crying fucking shame when one of our lads is in the WC final and the usual suspects jump into his thread to bash him and the team they are supposed to SUPPORT.

Like I said earlier,all defenders make mistakes,all of them.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2921 on: July 14, 2018, 01:33:09 pm »

As did I.

It's a crying fucking shame when one of our lads is in the WC final and the usual suspects jump into his thread to bash him and the team they are supposed to SUPPORT.

Like I said earlier,all defenders make mistakes,all of them.

No one is bashing Lovren or the team they are just not going along with the hype.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2922 on: July 14, 2018, 01:37:40 pm »
No one is bashing Lovren or the team they are just not going along with the hype.

What harm does the hype do, anyway? If it was Mane, Salah or Henderson getting to the final would you be looking at previous mistakes from them?

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2923 on: July 14, 2018, 01:37:41 pm »
Plus we lost to Swansea, United and Chelsea whilst having between 68% possession and 72% possession. In those 3 games we conceded 4 goals from 8 shots on target.

So was our improved defensive record down to us becoming better defensively or was it down to teams playing a low block, ceding possession refusing to attack in numbers but still getting results.

Teams sat back, ceded possession, and refused to attack all season. But they were less successful at it in the second half of the season. Not sure why it's so hard to say that the defense may have improved.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2924 on: July 14, 2018, 01:49:37 pm »
Teams sat back, ceded possession, and refused to attack all season. But they were less successful at it in the second half of the season. Not sure why it's so hard to say that the defense may have improved.

Except when the defence was actually tasked with defending we weren't that great. As soon as we took Salah off against Roma and tried to see out the game we looked shakey at the back. We couldn't hold on to a 2-0 lead at West Brom with 79 minutes on the clock. We couldn't defend goal kicks against United.

Plus the fact that we conceded 9 goals from the last 10 minutes of the semi final first leg to the end of the final.

For me we aren't great defensively and our success came because we scored 84 goals in the League and 47 in the Cl. So for me addressing the frailties at the back is easier than trying to score even more goals.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2925 on: July 14, 2018, 01:54:17 pm »
What harm does the hype do, anyway? If it was Mane, Salah or Henderson getting to the final would you be looking at previous mistakes from them?

The harm the hype does is we keep on kidding ourselves that our players are better than they are. Time and time again we massively over hype our players, raise the expectations and then turn on the players when they fail to meet our ridiculous expectations.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2926 on: July 14, 2018, 01:56:46 pm »
Except when the defence was actually tasked with defending we weren't that great. As soon as we took Salah off against Roma and tried to see out the game we looked shakey at the back. We couldn't hold on to a 2-0 lead at West Brom with 79 minutes on the clock. We couldn't defend goal kicks against United.

Plus the fact that we conceded 9 goals from the last 10 minutes of the semi final first leg to the end of the final.

For me we aren't great defensively and our success came because we scored 84 goals in the League and 47 in the Cl. So for me addressing the frailties at the back is easier than trying to score even more goals.

You're using isolated, small sample sizes to make overall judgements. And it's been repeatedly pointed out to you that when looking at the defense over a long term period (like the last half of the season when we had a consistent goalkeeper and Klopp's number 1 CB brought in) the team defended in title-challenging form.

Also, you're including those goals that Karius let in in the final as well as the own goal smacked off of Milner's face as a way to make a point about the defense? You know that's not fair.
---Rilke

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2927 on: July 14, 2018, 01:56:50 pm »

It isn't hype in any case, just recognition of his form for Liverpool and Croatia.

And it's fully deserved.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2928 on: July 14, 2018, 02:06:48 pm »
You're using isolated, small sample sizes to make overall judgements. And it's been repeatedly pointed out to you that when looking at the defense over a long term period (like the last half of the season when we had a consistent goalkeeper and Klopp's number 1 CB brought in) the team defended in title-challenging form.

Except people were saying that not so long ago about when Matip and Lovren had a good partnership.

Also, you're including those goals that Karius let in in the final as well as the own goal smacked off of Milner's face as a way to make a point about the defense? You know that's not fair.

To balance that out you could bring up Karius incorrectly getting away with bringing Dzeko down, TAA handling in the Roma game or Ronaldo being clean through only for the game to be stopped because a spectator came onto the pitch.

For me we concede far too many soft goals and people have too high an opinion of our defence and keeper.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2929 on: July 14, 2018, 02:33:28 pm »
The harm the hype does is we keep on kidding ourselves that our players are better than they are. Time and time again we massively over hype our players, raise the expectations and then turn on the players when they fail to meet our ridiculous expectations.

That takes the fucking biscuit,you of all people posting about people turning on our players.

As for this "when they fail to meet our ridiculous expectations"

All you ever do is piss and moan,doesn't matter the thread or the player,one thing that is guaranteed is Al will soon be around to piss on peoples bonfires.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2930 on: July 14, 2018, 02:49:48 pm »
Al, the ultimate joy killer.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #2931 on: July 14, 2018, 03:27:11 pm »
Dear Dejan

Most of us are fuckin made up for you for reaching CL and WC finals weeks apart. You give it everything you've got  Fuck the haters and the pedants. It's a shame some people can't follow a simple request and deny others the opportunity to wish you well almost 24 hours before the biggest game of your life but hey that's rawk for you, lid.

Personally I have nothing invested in the final  other than you play for our club and it feels good to know a WC finalist medal is worn by someone in our team. Good for you and best wishes for the game.

We will reopen this after the match. Then any nasty comments will be leapt upon like you leapt upon that cross and headed in the winner v Dortmund. Will never forget the shared joy of that moment  :-*

Love and kisses
The Fat Controllers
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 03:47:59 pm by 24/7 »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #2932 on: July 15, 2018, 05:57:12 pm »
Dear Dejan

Unlucky, lad. 4-2 hardly begins to tell the full story.

This thread is now back open - and some will doubtlessly rush to slag you off for being dogshite and losing the two biggest finals in football within weeks of each other, for which I apologise deeply but, as mentioned, that's RAWK, eh?

Nil desperandum and all that - most of us look forward to cheering you on in the coming season wearing the liver bird.

Love and kisses
The Fat Controllers.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2933 on: July 15, 2018, 05:58:54 pm »
Unlucky lad, cracking tournament though

Losing Europa, CL and World Cup Finalist though must be fucking shite. Least he'll have a PL winners medal next summer :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2934 on: July 15, 2018, 06:00:00 pm »
Cheating French bastards...... was never a free kick for the 1st.... was going down before the tackle was even made.
And that was never a pen in any way shape or form!!!!

Because of that the ref ruined the biggest showpiece..... Croatia had to attack and that left them open to France on the counter!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 06:15:32 pm by RedorRed »

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2935 on: July 15, 2018, 06:00:18 pm »
Two finals for Dejan. Two days of heartbreak. But he's been an absolute colossus in both ours and Croatia's runs to the final. Hopefully he'll come back with all the determination to see things right.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2936 on: July 15, 2018, 06:00:23 pm »
Heartbreaking season for Dejan. To lose the two biggest games in World football in the space of weeks must be tough to take professionally.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2937 on: July 15, 2018, 06:01:56 pm »
He had a great tournament.

Deserves great credit for his form in recent months, for club and country.  Hopefully he gets a good rest over the next few weeks and comes back ready to pick up where he's left off ahead of next season.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2938 on: July 15, 2018, 06:03:40 pm »
A sad end to his World Cup but he can be proud of his efforts and his country! Well done Dejan, have a good holiday and bring that confidence with you to Liverpool!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2939 on: July 15, 2018, 06:06:34 pm »
There wasn’t a better central defender at the World Cup....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2940 on: July 15, 2018, 06:09:15 pm »
Heartbreaking season for Dejan. To lose the two biggest games in World football in the space of weeks must be tough to take professionally.

Or played in two of the biggest games in the space of weeks,most professionals fail to play in even one of those games.

Did the club and his country proud,was excellent throughout.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #2941 on: July 15, 2018, 06:18:57 pm »
Got to be in it to win it as they say, and although it didn't end the way he wanted it to at least big Degsy got there and played in the two biggest matches you can get in football within a matter of weeks. Kudos to the big fella, and well done for shutting the doubters up.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2942 on: July 15, 2018, 06:31:48 pm »
Can't wait to sign his mate with the ponytail. The Kop going mental and full on camp doing Ricky Martin's "Lovren La, Vida Loca!".
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2943 on: July 15, 2018, 06:45:52 pm »
Unlucky for Dejan and Croatia. Played well though and can be proud of what's been accomplished in Russia.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2944 on: July 15, 2018, 06:48:08 pm »
Can't wait to sign his mate with the ponytail. The Kop going mental and full on camp doing Ricky Martin's "Lovren La, Vida Loca!".

Or move Xherdan into defence for "Love Shaq". ;D

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2945 on: July 15, 2018, 06:49:06 pm »

Thought he was great, but Varane was top notch.
---Rilke

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2946 on: July 15, 2018, 07:01:05 pm »
He was... but he wasn’t better.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2947 on: July 15, 2018, 07:05:01 pm »
Unlucky Dejan lad, hopefully he had a great experience and comes back determined to win something with the Reds.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2948 on: July 15, 2018, 07:07:12 pm »
Unlucky Dejan lad, hopefully he had a great experience and comes back determined to win something with the Reds.

I think he will, he'll mourn this loss but it's still a great achievement.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2949 on: July 15, 2018, 07:27:29 pm »

His partner wasn't too shabby either.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2950 on: July 15, 2018, 07:38:34 pm »
Gutted for him, especially the way in which they lost it but he can hold his head high

After all the stick he's had he's put in a top performance in a CL final and had a fantastic World Cup

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2951 on: July 15, 2018, 07:40:38 pm »
People (and quite a few Liverpool fans, unfortunately) were wishing he'd get skinned by Mbappe in the final after the comments about being one of the best in the world, but I thought he played really well against the biggest talent in world football and another top striker in Griezmann. He can be proud of both his club and international season, hope he gets a decent amount of rest and joins up with the squad as soon as possible.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #2952 on: July 15, 2018, 07:47:43 pm »
:wellin Dejan

Can hold his head up high and a silver medal from the WC which is more than a lot of defenders in the PL have.

More than held his own against some top attacks including the final.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2953 on: July 15, 2018, 07:50:29 pm »

On a personal level I feel for Lovren. It must be heartbreaking to lose two huge finals in such quick succession. As for him being the best central defender at the World Cup get real.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2954 on: July 15, 2018, 07:53:38 pm »
:wellin Dejan

Can hold his head up high and a silver medal from the WC which is more than a lot of defenders in the PL have.

More than held his own against some top attacks including the final.

He certainly did!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2955 on: July 15, 2018, 07:55:47 pm »
On a personal level I feel for Lovren. It must be heartbreaking to lose two huge finals in such quick succession. As for him being the best central defender at the World Cup get real.

Please don't get the thread locked again Al

If you feel like you need to slag him off again, just type it out and then don't click post if you really need that release.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2956 on: July 15, 2018, 08:08:32 pm »
Not sure if this is his actual Twitter account or not -

@DejanLovren_
So sad that this wonderful journey has come to an end, we will come back stronger than ever next time, thanks for all the love and support. 🇭🇷❤️

He posted the same picture on Instagram with the following - "Uff, tesko je naravno prihvatit ovaj poraz, ali znate sta ponosan sam kao nikad do sad u svome zivotu. Na svoje suigrace,cijeli strucni stozer, fizjoterapeute, ekonome itd...Ponosno danas mogu reci da smo dali sve od sebe, dali smo sve za nasu zemlju! Hvala vama svima koji su nas bodrili ovdje na svjetskom prvenstvu, hvala svim ljudima u Hrvatskoj koji su bili sa nama i vjerovali u nas, jer bez vas nebi bilo ovo moguce. Disali smo kao jedna dusa proteklih 53 dana...necemo ovo nikad zaboravit! Hvala vam od srca ❤️ #iznadsvihhrvatska"

Which Google Translate says means -

"Uff, it's difficult to accept this defeat, of course, but you know I'm proud of my life so far. To your teammates, the entire professional stoker, the physiotherapist, the economist, etc ... I can proudly say today that we have given our best, we have given it all to our country! Thank you to all those who bore us here at the World Championship, thank you all the people in Croatia who were with us and believed in us, because without you this could not be possible. We have been as a soul in the past 53 days ... we will never forget this! Thank you for your heart ❤️ #iznadshrvatska"

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #2957 on: July 15, 2018, 08:13:46 pm »
Except I haven't slagged him off. As I said he had a good tournament and I feel for him losing two finals. Personally though I think the likes of Varane, Godin and Jiminez have had better tournaments.
Varane has been immense no doubt.

On what basis has Godin and Jimenez had a better tournament than Lovren?
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2958 on: July 15, 2018, 08:14:15 pm »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2959 on: July 15, 2018, 08:15:50 pm »
Varane has been immense no doubt.

On what basis has Godin and Jimenez had a better tournament than Lovren?

There's been a few excellent CBs, Lovren amongst them

But to be honest it just isn't the time for that debate anyways. The lads just lost the WC Final, do people really need to wait by their keyboards waiting to criticise as soon as the thread is unlocked? Its just saaa aa aa aaaaad