Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1918356 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Injury news only thread. *
« Reply #14120 on: November 2, 2021, 12:51:37 pm »
Okie doke all - the asterisk indicates 'heavily moderated', so apologies for removing your pure solid gold, but I've kept the injury updates only. Relieved at the news on Chopper, I have to say. :)

News only for the most part from here eh? Just so people can come in and get the news nice and quickly.
Nice one Roy, it does become a shame when you have to go elsewhere to get latest injury news because people want to use this as a chat thread.
Note to members, this really is an injury news thread now.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #14121 on: November 2, 2021, 01:12:47 pm »
Keita ‘out for a while’ as per Klopps presser
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #14122 on: November 2, 2021, 10:17:22 pm »
Any news on the actual injury?

Hamstring. Nothing about the severity though.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14123 on: November 3, 2021, 10:49:54 pm »
Firmino with a hamstring problem. Always best not to risk a hamstring, so hopefully he felt some tightness rather than anything major.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #14124 on: November 4, 2021, 08:08:16 am »
Jurgen Klopp believes that Liverpool midfielder Curtis Jones “needs to lie down for a week” after suffering an injury in training this week.

The youth academy product missed Liverpool’s 2-0 win against Atletico Madrid in the Champions League.

Speaking before the game to BT Sport, Klopp said: “Unfortunately we lost Curtis Jones last night in training. He had a finger to the eye.

“Some of the things that can happen in life are extraordinary!”

He then added to beIN post-match: “You need to be lucky with injuries here and there, and we are not that lucky. Especially in midfield.

“Last night in training, Curtis got a finger to the eye and cannot see out of it. He needs to lie down for a week.”

https://theathletic.com/news/liverpools-curtis-jones-needs-to-lie-down-for-a-week-after-eye-injury/U3gQGBBn9o20/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #14125 on: November 5, 2021, 01:37:23 pm »
Bobby out long time. Heap big hamsting ache pain. No pass medical, no pass go, no collect heap big 200 pound.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14126 on: November 5, 2021, 01:44:46 pm »
Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com on Friday: “Bobby is not good news with a serious hamstring injury, really unfortunate. We don’t know exactly how long he will be out but it will be not now after the international break directly. We have to work on that.”
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14127 on: November 5, 2021, 01:46:52 pm »
Currently:

Elliot
Bobby
Naby
Curtis
Milner

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14128 on: November 14, 2021, 08:50:38 am »
Henderson  retuning to the club due to injury on international duty

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1459803805290311681?s=21
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14129 on: November 14, 2021, 02:59:05 pm »
Currently:

Elliot
Bobby
Naby
Curtis
Milner

plus Mane, and maybe Hendo.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14130 on: November 16, 2021, 03:56:09 am »
Currently:

Elliot
Bobby
Naby
Curtis
Milner
Mane
Hendo
Robbo
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #14131 on: November 16, 2021, 09:51:52 am »
Currently:

Elliot
Bobby
Naby
Curtis
Milner
Mane
Hendo
Robbo

And Gomez?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #14132 on: November 16, 2021, 10:01:37 pm »
Curtis Jones’s eye injury set to keep him out for several weeks yet…

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/curtis-jones-injury-update

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #14133 on: November 17, 2021, 03:32:53 pm »
Pearce in The Athletic states Robbo 50/50 for Saturday due to tightness in hamstring, scan showed no tear: https://theathletic.com/news/andy-robertson-in-race-for-fitness-ahead-of-liverpools-game-against-arsenal/Ck0HaIVFllwt/

Henderson tightness in groin and hopes to be okay for Saturday (he was out with the groin injury last season). Origi went off with a dead leg and is to be assessed when he returns. Mane back in full training.

That suggests muscle fatigue with Robbo and Hendo though so we need to be careful.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14134 on: November 18, 2021, 05:40:46 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/klopp-provides-fitness-update-eight-players-ahead-arsenal

Klopp provides fitness update on eight players ahead of Arsenal

Liverpool are checking on the fitness of Jordan Henderson and Andy Robertson ahead of Saturday’s clash with Arsenal, while Sadio Mane is fit and available, explained Jürgen Klopp.

All three sustained issues while representing their countries during the international break, with Henderson and Robertson now working to be in contention to face the Gunners.

Mane has already been training with the Reds squad this week, however, and is ‘fine’ as he completes his recovery from a rib complaint on Senegal duty.

“Robbo was lucky, we can probably say. It was a little bit DOMS, the intensity of all the games he played probably, rather than anything else,” Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com on Thursday.

“He was smart enough to [make] the right decision, he went off early, which he usually is not doing. But in this case it was absolutely right, and so there’s a good chance that he can be involved at the weekend.

“Hendo, a little bit more [injured] than Robbo but a chance for the weekend. So we are working on that. It’s not a serious injury but in this short period of time we have to see if he is ready for Saturday. But after that, 100 per cent, and possibly for Arsenal as well.

“Sadio is fine – painful but fine. Everybody who had a rib bruise knows it’s an annoying thing. But Sad trained here with us now in all sessions.

“We took him out a little bit earlier here and there when we knew now it will be full contact, stuff like this, just to give it a bit more time to settle. But he looks fine.”

The weekend’s teatime kick-off against Arsenal definitely comes too soon for Roberto Firmino, Joe Gomez, Naby Keita and James Milner, though.

Those four were sidelined before the pause for international fixtures and are not yet being considered for matches despite positive progress.

“So Joe is obviously still not available. He is in a good way and it looks pretty good. It was clear he will need a few weeks and that’s still [the case], the rehab is not finished. But in a good place actually,” said the boss.

“Naby and James are in a good way as well, getting closer. Probably next week we expect them being back in team training, let’s see what that means for the Porto game – but not for the weekend, they are not available.

“Bobby [is] getting closer but not for the weekend. We’ll see, that will take a little bit longer still.”

Klopp also provided an update on Curtis Jones with the midfielder set to be sidelined for several more weeks as Liverpool take a careful and cautious approach regarding the eye injury he recently suffered.

“I thought I saw all injuries as a manager, but that was really a freak one. He was very lucky – very lucky – in the end because we all know with the eye there’s no jokes about that, let me say it like this,” he said.

“He is good, he is just not allowed to do a lot of things in the moment, we have to wait until the doctors give us a green light. Curtis is completely fine, he has his eyesight back, all these kinds of things, but the eye is still recovering.”

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #14135 on: November 19, 2021, 09:24:22 am »
Great info thanks.

So good news overall, at least that the injuries are all relatively short term, Keita missing again isnt great, i hope Hendo is passed fit...

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/klopp-provides-fitness-update-eight-players-ahead-arsenal

Klopp provides fitness update on eight players ahead of Arsenal

Liverpool are checking on the fitness of Jordan Henderson and Andy Robertson ahead of Saturday’s clash with Arsenal, while Sadio Mane is fit and available, explained Jürgen Klopp.

All three sustained issues while representing their countries during the international break, with Henderson and Robertson now working to be in contention to face the Gunners.

Mane has already been training with the Reds squad this week, however, and is ‘fine’ as he completes his recovery from a rib complaint on Senegal duty.

“Robbo was lucky, we can probably say. It was a little bit DOMS, the intensity of all the games he played probably, rather than anything else,” Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com on Thursday.

“He was smart enough to [make] the right decision, he went off early, which he usually is not doing. But in this case it was absolutely right, and so there’s a good chance that he can be involved at the weekend.

“Hendo, a little bit more [injured] than Robbo but a chance for the weekend. So we are working on that. It’s not a serious injury but in this short period of time we have to see if he is ready for Saturday. But after that, 100 per cent, and possibly for Arsenal as well.

“Sadio is fine – painful but fine. Everybody who had a rib bruise knows it’s an annoying thing. But Sad trained here with us now in all sessions.

“We took him out a little bit earlier here and there when we knew now it will be full contact, stuff like this, just to give it a bit more time to settle. But he looks fine.”

The weekend’s teatime kick-off against Arsenal definitely comes too soon for Roberto Firmino, Joe Gomez, Naby Keita and James Milner, though.

Those four were sidelined before the pause for international fixtures and are not yet being considered for matches despite positive progress.

“So Joe is obviously still not available. He is in a good way and it looks pretty good. It was clear he will need a few weeks and that’s still [the case], the rehab is not finished. But in a good place actually,” said the boss.

“Naby and James are in a good way as well, getting closer. Probably next week we expect them being back in team training, let’s see what that means for the Porto game – but not for the weekend, they are not available.

“Bobby [is] getting closer but not for the weekend. We’ll see, that will take a little bit longer still.”

Klopp also provided an update on Curtis Jones with the midfielder set to be sidelined for several more weeks as Liverpool take a careful and cautious approach regarding the eye injury he recently suffered.

“I thought I saw all injuries as a manager, but that was really a freak one. He was very lucky – very lucky – in the end because we all know with the eye there’s no jokes about that, let me say it like this,” he said.

“He is good, he is just not allowed to do a lot of things in the moment, we have to wait until the doctors give us a green light. Curtis is completely fine, he has his eyesight back, all these kinds of things, but the eye is still recovering.”
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14136 on: November 30, 2021, 01:33:06 pm »
No one that was previously injured is ready for tomorrow's game against the bitters.

Gomez, Bobby, Naby, Curtis. But apparently soon.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14137 on: November 30, 2021, 01:56:20 pm »
Jurgen in today's media thing:

"Everyone came through well," he said. "All the boys, Joe Gomez, Naby Keita.

"Especially Joe, he is not too far away from team training, Naby is not too far away from team training and then Bobby [Firmino] probably needs another week to do more football stuff and with Curtis, it's just in our hands. He is completely fine, he's doing what he is allowed to do.

"If you asked Curtis, he would go out and run a marathon but it's just not allowed at the moment and we have to wait until the doctors give us the green light."

Online Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14138 on: December 2, 2021, 06:48:32 pm »
Keita and Gomez back in full training. Curtis and Firmino still not ready.

Slowly and steadily, we are getting back numbers for the intense festive season.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14139 on: December 15, 2021, 01:55:34 pm »
Bobby back in full training, Curtis had his first half session with the team, both close to being in contention.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14140 on: December 16, 2021, 07:00:43 pm »
'Fabinho, Curtis Jones and Virgil van Dijk will miss tonight’s Premier League fixture against Newcastle United after registering suspected positive tests for COVID-19.'

- Liverpool FC

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14141 on: December 16, 2021, 07:01:26 pm »
'Fabinho, Curtis Jones and Virgil van Dijk will miss tonight’s Premier League fixture against Newcastle United after registering suspected positive tests for COVID-19.'

- Liverpool FC

FFS.  But we don’t get to cancel like others… sigh
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14142 on: December 16, 2021, 07:08:08 pm »

- Liverpool FC

What was on that pizza he had the other night?  :( ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14143 on: December 16, 2021, 07:20:37 pm »
Keita and Gomez back in full training. Curtis and Firmino still not ready.

Slowly and steadily, we are getting back numbers for the intense festive season.

Then

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #14144 on: December 16, 2021, 07:21:02 pm »
What was on that pizza he had the other night?  :( ;D
Ha ha, beat me to it. I was rushing over here to make that gag, but Looks like I was slower than a Dominos delivery driver
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14145 on: December 16, 2021, 07:22:04 pm »
Ha ha, beat me to it. I was rushing over here to make that gag, but Looks like I was slower than a Dominos delivery driver

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14146 on: January 12, 2022, 01:46:05 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-fitness-update-alisson-trent-thiago-origi-and-elliott

Trent - training
Alisson - training
Thiago - injured
Div - injured
Elliot - almost training
Robbo - fit
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #14147 on: January 12, 2022, 01:48:21 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-fitness-update-alisson-trent-thiago-origi-and-elliott

Trent - training
Alisson - training
Thiago - injured
Div - injured
Elliot - almost training
Robbo - fit

That's fairly positive.

Any news about Gomez?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14148 on: January 12, 2022, 01:51:00 pm »
That's fairly positive.

Any news about Gomez?

Not in that article - haven't listened to his Press Conference yet but I usually do cos they're fun. I'll update then senor.

Edit: reading between the lines, he's fit 'n' available.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 01:57:51 pm by royhendo »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14149 on: January 12, 2022, 05:23:22 pm »

Trent - training
Alisson - training
Thiago - injured
Div - injured
Elliot - almost training
Robbo - fit

Can we leave this thread for updates on injury status, and not personal opinions of Robertson's (or any players) attractiveness.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14150 on: January 13, 2022, 02:45:09 pm »
It's a fair cop.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14151 on: January 19, 2022, 11:26:16 am »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/thiago-alcantara-and-divock-origi-injury-latest

*bong*
Thiago could return before Cardiff, set to return to training after international break.

*bong*
Div to return to training after Cardiff.

*bong*
Ox may be OK for weekend.

*bong*
Elliot is back in training.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 11:35:09 am by royhendo »

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14152 on: January 19, 2022, 11:38:19 am »
Stop hitting that bong Roy.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14153 on: January 19, 2022, 11:42:13 am »
Origi's "not serious" injury in mid December is gonna end up not being back till mid February missing all the games we really needed him for. Classic us  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14154 on: January 19, 2022, 11:53:49 am »
Ox out for Thursday then?

Postpone!

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14155 on: January 30, 2022, 11:07:46 am »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/thiago-alcantara-and-divock-origi-injury-latest

*bong*
Thiago could return before Cardiff, set to return to training after international break.

*bong*
Div to return to training after Cardiff.

*bong*
Ox may be OK for weekend.

*bong*
Elliot is back in training.

any update on Thiago?
I see Harvey had a good run out with U23's so close to being in contention which is great news.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14156 on: January 30, 2022, 12:33:24 pm »
any update on Thiago?
I see Harvey had a good run out with U23's so close to being in contention which is great news.

There was an Instagram video last week of Thiago working out pretty hard. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in team training this week.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14157 on: January 30, 2022, 09:17:16 pm »
There was an Instagram video last week of Thiago working out pretty hard. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in team training this week.

Klopp seemed pretty confident he would be back after the Cardiff game. It would seem we dont really have any injuries at the moment other than Origi and even then supposedly hes not far off, but could see him leaving tomorrow.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14158 on: January 30, 2022, 09:49:50 pm »
what am I missing re: Origi?

he basically hasn't been seen for just about 2 months (I know he was training outside a bit the other day)  with a barely-explained "knee injury" .... but everyone seems convinced he's gonna get snapped up any minute?

that's gonna need one hell of a pre-contract medical.

edit: sorry, wrong thread. I'll post it on the transfer thread.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14159 on: January 30, 2022, 09:56:41 pm »
what am I missing re: Origi?

he basically hasn't been seen for just about 2 months (I know he was training outside a bit the other day)  with a barely-explained "knee injury" .... but everyone seems convinced he's gonna get snapped up any minute?

that's gonna need one hell of a pre-contract medical.

edit: sorry, wrong thread. I'll post it on the transfer thread.

I'm not convinced he'll be snapped up, but I think there is a chance. I don't think these medicals excessively focus on knee injury, especially if he is close to recovery, unless it's a long term recurring issue, an expert can clarify.