Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1923237 times)

Offline calvin

• Anny Roader
Re: Injury news only thread. 24 hour bans if ignored *
« Reply #13960 on: November 19, 2020, 08:28:25 am »
Jordan Henderson is likely to miss the Leicester game with a groin injury he suffered while on England duty.

@_pauljoyce

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13961 on: November 19, 2020, 10:23:40 am »
Neco is absolutely fine, no issues.

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13962 on: November 19, 2020, 04:30:09 pm »
Paul Joyce saying Trent is out for another 3 weeks at least.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #13963 on: November 19, 2020, 05:39:30 pm »
Paul Joyce saying Trent is out for another 3 weeks at least.

He also says Fabinho and Thiago out for an undetermined amount of time in the same article. I'm losing track of who's fit.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13964 on: November 19, 2020, 05:49:21 pm »
He also says Fabinho and Thiago out for an undetermined amount of time in the same article. I'm losing track of who's fit.

He says they’ve both been out in recent weeks;

‘ In addition, Trent Alexander-Arnold is out for another three weeks, Jordan Henderson is likely to miss the Leicester game with a groin injury he suffered while on England duty, and Fabinho and Thiago Alcântara have also been absent in recent weeks.’

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13966 on: November 20, 2020, 12:05:45 pm »
Klopp PC:

Salah is feeling well. Hasn't said when he'll be back. Not saying anything publicly about him attending the wedding.
Henderson not available
Trent not available
Thiago, Fabinho, Rhys Williams - "We will see, they're closer but we'll see whether they can play this weekend"
Ox - "in a good way"

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13967 on: November 20, 2020, 01:31:02 pm »
Does this seem correct as of today?  Tried to collate a bunch of information through the official site, the BBC, the Echo, etc.

PlayerDate of injuryNature of injurySurgery?Training?Next game (Leicester)?Estimated return date
Alexander-Arnold8th Nov 2020Hamstring/CalfNoUnknownNoEarly-Mid December
Fabinho27th Oct 2020HamstringNoYesTBCLate November
Henderson15th Nov 2020Leg tightness (Hamstring?)NoYes (individual)NoLate November
R. Williams18th Nov 2020HipNoYesLikelyLate November
Thiago17th Oct 2020KneeNoYesTBCLate November
Gomez11th Nov 2020Knee tendonYesNoNoUnknown (Long-term injury)
Salah11th-14th Nov 2020Covid-19 infectionNoNoNoLate November
Van Dijk17th Oct 2020Knee ligamentsYesLightNoUnknown (Long-term injury)
Oxlade-Chamberlain21st Aug 2020KneeNoYes (rehab, no-contact)NoUnknown
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #13968 on: November 20, 2020, 03:33:12 pm »
Does this seem correct as of today?  Tried to collate a bunch of information through the official site, the BBC, the Echo, etc.

These guys collate it (and for all Premier League clubs) so you don't have to:

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13969 on: November 20, 2020, 07:26:48 pm »
A general sum up of the situation from the official site.

LFC fitness update: Henderson, Trent, Fabinho, Thiago and Salah https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/416606-jurgen-klopp-leicester-city-injuries-fabinho-alexander-arnold-thiago-salah-henderson
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13970 on: November 22, 2020, 07:10:07 pm »
Sounds like a while longer for Trent.  Maybe worse than we thought.

Jurgen Klopp: "Trent is not only out for a game or so, it'll be slightly longer. So that means we need to use all the options we have there and Millie is one of them."
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13971 on: November 22, 2020, 10:15:00 pm »
Klopp asked about Shaqiri: "Shaq had a muscle injury at the national team and he didn't really realise. We made a scan and found that he has an injury so he was not able to be involved.”

https://twitter.com/dmlynch/status/1330634480969785348?s=20

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13972 on: November 23, 2020, 07:50:41 am »
Naby Keita sustained a hamstring injury during Liverpool’s 3-0 win over Leicester City at Anfield, Jürgen Klopp confirmed.

The midfielder limped out of the contest after 53 minutes and will now undergo further assessment of the issue with the club’s medical team.

“He felt his hamstring and was not able to play on, otherwise he would have stayed on the pitch,” Klopp explained during his post-match press conference.

Liverpool set new record for unbeaten league games at Anfield

Liverpool were also without Xherdan Shaqiri for the visit of the Foxes, with the forward picking up a muscle injury while on international duty with Switzerland.

Klopp said: “Shaq, how I know it, he had a muscle injury with the national team which he didn’t really realise.

“Now he trained with us, we gave him a day off and then he came back and was involved in the session, but was not fully involved and all these kind of things. He just did a little bit, after that he felt a little bit. Then we did a scan and they found he has an injury from five or six days ago.

“Nobody knew about that, not even Shaq knew about it, but that’s how things sometimes are and so he was not able to be involved.”

Liverpool are set to welcome Mohamed Salah back to training on Monday, however, after he missed Sunday evening’s encounter with Leicester.

“That’s what I’ve heard, yes, it [was] negative today,” detailed Klopp. “I think he is from now on pretty normal in testing. Tomorrow we have the UEFA testing for the Champions League and I am pretty sure he will be in that.

“He can now train with us tomorrow, that’s it. He will have two tests in the next two days, so, yes, he will be tested like all of us.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/416916-naby-keita-xherdan-shaqiri-and-mohamed-salah-fitness-latest
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13973 on: November 24, 2020, 01:33:45 pm »
Any news on Hendo ?

Klopp's teasing us

"Asked for an update on Liverpool’s other current fitness concerns, Klopp added: "All the rest, no news. One looks closer, the other one looks not that close, so that’s how the situation is and we’ll see who is available.

“I don't want to speak too much about it because I have no idea who Atlanta can bring into this game, so why should we give any kind of information to them?”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/417141-mohamed-salah-could-return-for-atalanta-clash

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #13974 on: November 28, 2020, 03:17:13 pm »
Klopp confirms that Milner has a hamstring problem and says neither Thiago nor Oxlade will be back for the games against either Ajax or Wolves.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13975 on: November 29, 2020, 10:56:59 am »
It would be great if people can pop in here for genuine injury updates. Like an actual injury update thread, a thread to be ignored unless there's news or you want news.

If you want to talk about the impact of injuries on the squad there's this thread.
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=334841.msg17438207#msg17438207

If you want to chat about the influence of international football on injuries there's this thread.
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=346217.240

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Injury news only thread. *
« Reply #13976 on: November 30, 2020, 01:21:04 pm »
Thiago  - still needs few weeks, huge impact on knee, see Thiago thread for quotes from Klopp

Trent - is close to being available, did his individual rehab session today, wont be too far along

Keita - will have to check to see how soon, but close

Milner - out for tomorrow, no news beyond that

Shaqiri - closer to being back fit

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13977 on: December 4, 2020, 12:32:20 pm »
Klopp Wolves press conference

Trent and Naby back in team training - chance they can be in the squad
Ox looking really good and not too far away
No other news on anyone else injured, a few niggles following Ajax but he didn't say who

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13978 on: December 4, 2020, 12:32:23 pm »
Trent and Naby back in team training. Nobody else is coming back for Wolves game. Ox looks promising, warming up with the team and some ball work, expecting in the next few days to assess when he's ready, but not too far away.

Some niggles after Ajax not sure who will be available for Sunday. Trent and Naby looks like they will be in the squad for matchday at the minimum

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13979 on: December 4, 2020, 04:02:17 pm »

Hmmmm

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13980 on: December 12, 2020, 11:07:28 am »
Jota and Tsimikas picked up knocks against Midtjylland, so are most likely out of the Fulham game. But Chamberlain and Ali are both back to team training.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13981 on: December 12, 2020, 02:08:50 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13982 on: December 13, 2020, 08:28:44 am »
News only. And this last news may in fact be bollocks.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13983 on: December 13, 2020, 03:38:10 pm »
Klopp - 6 to 8 weeks for Jota

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13984 on: December 13, 2020, 04:20:40 pm »
Klopp on Jota: "It’s worse than we first thought but better than we then thought. The potential surgeons had a look but no surgery necessary. He will be out for a while, one-and-a-half to two months, we don’t know exactly. It’s pretty similar with Kostas Tsimikas. Unbelievable."

Kostas also facing a spell on the sidelines then!

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13985 on: December 13, 2020, 05:39:34 pm »
Matip back injury

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13986 on: December 13, 2020, 06:30:10 pm »
The mods have already deleted posts from this thread several times, it's a starred thread, lets keep it to news only as requested

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13987 on: December 13, 2020, 06:59:05 pm »
Anyone know when everyone is expected back?

VVD - season
Gomez - season?
Thiago - hopefully Jan
Milner - ?
Jota - 4-6 weeks
Keita - ?
Tsmikas - ?

Anyone else injured that I missed here?

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13988 on: December 13, 2020, 07:01:58 pm »
https://twitter.com/ptgorst/status/1338196727761936387?s=20

Klopp saying he doesn't think Matip's issue is serious

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13989 on: December 13, 2020, 08:15:23 pm »
News only. And this last news may in fact be bollocks.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13990 on: December 13, 2020, 08:21:33 pm »
Jota out for two months according to Portuguese press

https://www.record.pt/internacional/paises/inglaterra/liverpool/detalhe/lesao-afasta-diogo-jota-por-dois-meses
6-8 weeks confirmed by Klopp.

Home country sources are usually ahead of the game .....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #13991 on: December 14, 2020, 04:05:32 am »
James Pearce saying both Jota and Tsimikas will be out for "up to two months"

"The gut-wrenching news that Diogo Jota and Kostas Tsimikas are facing up to two months out following knee injuries suffered in the midweek dead rubber against Midtjylland..."

https://theathletic.com/2256313/2020/12/13/liverpool-premier-league/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #13992 on: December 14, 2020, 04:37:13 pm »
Tidbit from James Pearce earlier today regarding Thiago from a comment in an article from The Athletic;

"Issue has been that when Thiago has been close to coming back it’s flared up again."

https://theathletic.co.uk/2256313/2020/12/13/liverpool-premier-league/

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13993 on: December 15, 2020, 12:39:43 pm »
Klopp doesn't know whether Matip is available
Naby maybe available tomorrow
No one else is back

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13994 on: December 18, 2020, 11:47:08 am »
Positive news:

Thiago stepping closer but has a few tests before team training, inside jokes at the club about signing him in January ;D

Milner and Shaqiri expected in team training next week.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13995 on: December 23, 2020, 02:45:11 pm »
Thiago, Milner and Shaq all in full training today.

https://twitter.com/dmlynch/status/1341755743381446658?s=21
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13996 on: December 25, 2020, 04:08:41 pm »
Any word on how Gomez is recovering?

Last time I heard he was staying with his family down south for the first part of the recovery.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #13997 on: December 27, 2020, 07:36:27 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/421466-joel-matip-and-naby-keita-fitness-latest?fbclid=IwAR1WzPGQ5ULTClCAXM7wWAYTLKngx0gAlluepjjxGz8ZvUfddBUYElW4ojM

Liverpool will await further diagnosis on the adductor issue Joel Matip sustained during Sunday's 1-1 draw with West Bromwich Albion.

The centre-back was forced from the field on the hour mark at Anfield after pulling up. The injury will now be assessed by the club’s medical team.

Jürgen Klopp told his post-match press conference: “Joel told me he felt something in his adductor and that’s obviously not too good.

“I am not sure how serious it is now, but it was serious enough that he had to leave the pitch. The rest of the information I will get tomorrow.”

Elsewhere, the Reds were without Naby Keita for the fixture and Klopp expects the midfielder to also miss Wednesday’s trip to Newcastle United.

“He felt a muscle again,” the manager said of the No.8’s absence. “I don’t know exactly how long [it will be], but he was not ready for today and not for Wednesday, I think. We will see.”

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13998 on: December 29, 2020, 02:25:08 pm »
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1343847385592717312

Liverpool have appointed Andreas Schlumberger to the newly created role of head of recovery and performance. He previously worked with Klopp at Dortmund.
New role acts as a bridge between two departments at the club, performance (Andreas Kornmayer) and medical/rehab (Jim Moxon/Lee Nobes) with a focus on on-pitch recovery.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #13999 on: December 29, 2020, 05:19:00 pm »
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1343847385592717312

I wonder if the current state of our team with all the muscle injuries and players coming (what feels like) slowly back has anything to do with the recent changes to our fitness and rehabilitation personnel? I recall that there were major changes in the summer, but no details. Could someone shed light on that?

EDIT: Article on TIA about that:
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/12/liverpool-confirm-arrival-in-key-new-staff-role-reuniting-klopp-with-former-colleague/

(I didn't mean to invite chat at all, Roy, but I believe that the changes in these positions are important and will resonate throughout the rest of the season.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 05:31:25 pm by farawayred »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."