Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 179529 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: BT Sport
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2013, 10:00:09 pm »
Is ESPN free to all BT Sport customers from tomorrow then?

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2013, 10:03:21 pm »
Is ESPN free to all BT Sport customers from tomorrow then?

Apparently yes.

http://www.bt.com/sport/

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2013, 11:54:38 pm »
I had to pay £12 per month plus a £15 activation fee as a Sky customer, BTSport have a much better football package than ESPN, including Gerrard's testimonial there's five games on this weekend.  I have got free HD for a year, although HD come as standard via ESPN.

Rob, how did you manage to blag free HD?
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 1, 2013, 12:11:06 am »
Rob, how did you manage to blag free HD?

"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: August 1, 2013, 12:37:09 am »
ESPN is available now for anyone who's subscribed to BT - watching Dortmund v Bayern highlights on channel 417 at the moment :)

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 1, 2013, 09:11:56 am »
The BT Sport website has gone live.  Curently streaming ESPN and the quality is pretty good. It will be interesting so see how it copes when the servers are under load.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: August 1, 2013, 10:41:51 am »
Hopefully Virgin will get this sorted in next week or so?

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 1, 2013, 11:22:47 am »
Hopefully Virgin will get this sorted in next week or so?

Hopefully before Saturday mate, want to watch the testimonial with me grandad.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #128 on: August 1, 2013, 01:16:58 pm »
The BT Sport website has gone live.  Curently streaming ESPN and the quality is pretty good. It will be interesting so see how it copes when the servers are under load.

can't log into it. I ordered the £5 a month box jobbers with free BT sport but it won't be activated till the 5th. I'm guessing thats when i'll get to log in (Even though i've had bt infinity for ages now)

Hang on, i need to register for a BT ID. I'm guessing if i register my BTinternet address i'll be able to view it online?
« Last Edit: August 1, 2013, 01:29:39 pm by Mr Kipling »

Offline andym41

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #129 on: August 1, 2013, 02:22:35 pm »
I've downloaded the BT Sports app to my iPhone this morning and tried it out by watching ESPN

Looked quite impressive - if there was decent WiFi or data access in Anfield it would be great to watch replays and highlights at the Stoke game at HT

Offline thomasfrances1

• Main Stander
« Reply #130 on: August 1, 2013, 02:41:20 pm »
I rang up Virgin and fumed before, but they won't tell me anything.

I told them they value new customers, more than loyal ones.

They then let me have XL tv, and double the Internet speed, plus all the sports and movies for less money than I was paying originally.

I'm still annoyed though!!!

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #131 on: August 1, 2013, 03:26:31 pm »
I rang up Virgin and fumed before, but they won't tell me anything.

I told them they value new customers, more than loyal ones.

They then let me have XL tv, and double the Internet speed, plus all the sports and movies for less money than I was paying originally.

I'm still annoyed though!!!
Haha how can you still be annoyed? You've had your cake, eaten it and got another one free all in one phone call! I don't think they'll resolve it before the game on Saturday but they'll have to do something soon or they'll start losing customers to BT. 
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: August 1, 2013, 03:55:30 pm »
Hopefully before Saturday mate, want to watch the testimonial with me grandad.

Unlikely. I'm just hoping its done before season starts.

Offline Swissgaz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: August 1, 2013, 05:00:37 pm »
can't log into it. I ordered the £5 a month box jobbers with free BT sport but it won't be activated till the 5th. I'm guessing thats when i'll get to log in (Even though i've had bt infinity for ages now)

Hang on, i need to register for a BT ID. I'm guessing if i register my BTinternet address i'll be able to view it online?

You login with your BT ID.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 1, 2013, 06:34:09 pm »
To watch online do I have to use the BT internet in my house? For example, can I watch it while I'm in work etc even if they don't have BT internet?

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
BT Sport - home of the Champions League
« Reply #135 on: August 1, 2013, 06:41:55 pm »
Will BT Sport succeed where Setanta and ESPN failed in rivaling Sky Sports? Who the fuck knows. All I know is they are showing a lot of Liverpool games and they have invested a lot of money to build a studio, which admittedly, doesn't look too bad.

Football is not the only sport they are showing as they will be also presenting Rugby, Tennis, UFC, Moto GP and other sports.

As for the presenters, here's a bit off wiki:

Former BBC Sport presenter Jake Humphrey has been announced as presenter of their Premier League coverage. Owen Hargreaves, Steve McManaman and David James will serve as pundits. While Ian Darke and Darren Fletcher will commentate alongside Michael Owen (co-commentator) and Mark Halsey - who will offer views as a former referee. Rio Ferdinand will also act as an interviewer, programme-maker and football expert. Ray Stubbs will also join from ESPN as chief football reporter. Darrell Currie will present live Scottish football with Derek Rae and Gary McAllister as lead commentator and co-commentator, respectively. Stephen Craigan and Emma Dodds complete the Scottish football coverage line-up.

Paul Dempsey is being linked with hosting BT's foreign football coverage, while James Richardson will host Sunday Night Football, covering live European football and reviewing the action and discussing the news from the continent with a panel of experts.

Here's me hoping for some decent sport coverage and people getting their monies worth (unless you're already a BT customer)
« Last Edit: November 9, 2013, 10:21:08 am by SP »
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: August 1, 2013, 06:52:48 pm »
Interview with Gerard coming up next I think.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline Red4Life1978

• Justice Rottweiler
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 1, 2013, 07:03:53 pm »
I think their package gives them quite a few first pick games so they must have a chance of doing well against Sky.
"it was not a failure of the system in operation, but a failure of the Police to operate the system at all."

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 1, 2013, 07:04:01 pm »
2 minutes in and the little prick is already boring the shit out of me

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 1, 2013, 07:05:49 pm »
My main box and my other multiroom box are both working , I thought it was only supposed to be the main one showing BT sport?

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: August 1, 2013, 07:05:59 pm »
Fucking mess, isn't it?

Their team graphic was a badly framed photo of some bloke holding up the team sheet.  ;D

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 1, 2013, 07:06:50 pm »
Liverpool reunion.

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: August 1, 2013, 07:06:55 pm »
Fucking mess, isn't it?

Their team graphic was a badly framed photo of some bloke holding up the team sheet.  ;D
that was an exclusive ;)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #143 on: August 1, 2013, 07:08:06 pm »
Jotevic and Pellegrino. 5 minutes in.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #144 on: August 1, 2013, 07:24:19 pm »
Had a few slip ups already, Clair Balding had a channel 4 microphone when she was talking to them before.

Are they going to be in the studio for every game? Not at the stadium like normal???
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: August 1, 2013, 07:32:40 pm »
To watch online do I have to use the BT internet in my house? For example, can I watch it while I'm in work etc even if they don't have BT internet?

Yeah you can watch it anywhere, just need your BT account email and password to log in.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: August 1, 2013, 07:46:49 pm »
They have 38 premier league games this season.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #147 on: August 1, 2013, 08:00:57 pm »
Is it possible to watch this channel without buying their broadband?

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 1, 2013, 08:17:52 pm »
You can add it to your sky package if you have sky but I think it's about £15 a month.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #149 on: August 1, 2013, 08:20:08 pm »
You can add it to your sky package if you have sky but I think it's about £15 a month.
Thanks.

I don't give Rupert Murdoch any of my money.  I'd quite like to be able to pay for the app without having to sign up for their broadband, but it doesn't look possible.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: August 1, 2013, 08:39:17 pm »
Virgin Media customer here who is tied into a contract which is nowhere near ready to be cancelled yet and so spent yesterday afternoon on the phone to VM and BT to see what my options are. BT told me that BT Sports is to be made available online/via their app to absolutely anybody regardless of who they happen to be a TV or broadband customer with. It's a £12 a month 30-day rolling contract deal. I knew of the online/app service, but that service being available to anybody who wants it as monthly subscription was really news to me. Has anybody else been told the same? Because it sounds a little bit too good to be true.
I spoke to BT again today. It turns out the above is not and never was an actual option, so I don't know what was going on in that call centre last week but they were talking bollocks. And I should have known because I knew it sounded too good.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarįs Solo
« Reply #151 on: August 1, 2013, 08:40:05 pm »
Anyone else been having non-stop ballache with the BT Sport app since 7pm?

Was fine earlier throughout the day, lovely picture watching the Audi Cup highlights, I was rubbing my hands with glee at the prospect of a trouble-free setup in time for Steve's testimonial... but no, we can't be having things so simple can we? Since 'prime-time', the live stream started going choppy as all fuck, constantly freezing, repeating, skipping, breaking up and distorting. Even if I was happy to perservere with that, it would continually just close with the error message:

"Unable to playback video: VC011".

Did what they suggest; logout, close down then try again from scratch, but the same every time (about 6 times in my case).

So I try to check out how things are running live on the online player instead. Unfortunately, the page is utterly gash on an Adroid tablet (they probably expect you to use the app at all times, without ever encountering any problems with it that might lead you to try other avenues), and simply will not let you login there despite already being logged out of everything BT-wise. So I think, "faire douze", make sure I'm defo logged out of everything on the BT Sport website, and try the app again. Only this time the error message I get, and can't stop getting it seems no matter what I do, is:

"You have reached your maximum number of concurrent streams: VC010"

...now not even allowing me to get on any live stream to begin with. I've only been using one single device (Galaxy Tab 2) to try to watch it on, and there's no one else in the household having anything to do with any of it, so I don't know what the fuck it's on about. Absolutely zero wrong with my fibre optic broadband connection either, still running like a dream on iPlayer, youtube, etc. Teething problems, yeah okay, fine, but if it's still acting the twat come Saturday 3pm, I'll sthcream & sthcream until I'm sthick.

Right, I'm fucking this maddening shite off tonight and going to do something enjoyable with my time rather than keep trying to fix this toss. I'll be onto BT tomorrow if it's still like this - just posting all this here in case some wizard happens upon the thread with a cure. As great as modern technology can be, it can also suck a whole bunch of bad dicks a lot of the time.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarįs Solo
« Reply #152 on: August 1, 2013, 08:55:09 pm »
Anyone watching this on the app? Mine's being a cunt.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 1, 2013, 08:58:59 pm »
^ ^ ^
Sounds frustrating mate, I hate scenarios like that. Is that through Sky?

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarįs Solo
« Reply #154 on: August 1, 2013, 09:21:59 pm »
^ Nah man, I'm just on the BT Sport app on a tablet. It was working lovely before the 'big match' coverage started.

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Hologram fan with digital flag 'full members cup runners up 1986'.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
« Reply #155 on: August 1, 2013, 09:54:39 pm »
The punditry is a bit painful. McManaman's ok as he's done it before but Owen & James aren't going to challenge Gary Neville just yet.  Even makes me yearn for Shearer & Hansen...

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #156 on: August 1, 2013, 10:08:12 pm »
Is it possible to watch this channel without buying their broadband?

I was wondering the same but doesn't look like it. I'm happy with my internet and sky can fuck off.

Offline Haemoglobin

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarįs Solo
« Reply #157 on: August 1, 2013, 10:08:47 pm »
I can sort of understand why Mancs of either affiliation might not exactly warm to Jocky, but I genuinely think he's a boss pundit when the chemistry with the others is just right, and I'm certain I'd feel the same way as a 'neutral'. He just needs better around him.

Not that I can tell for mysel tonight with this bastard [cr]app not cooperating, but choosing Michael Owen and David James seemed a pretty mental decision. I can't see either of them ever developing a screen presence, or even engaging viewers in any sort of way as 'characters'. Pickings surely can't have been that slim?

Macca'll be alright, 'cause he's a smart lad. I can see him properly settling into it with time and a mainstream audience, like Gary Neville has.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #158 on: August 1, 2013, 10:14:16 pm »
To save me scrolling through 4 pages...

I signed up to BT from Sky. I have a BT Hub now and internet came on last night. I have a freeview recorder and freeview is built into my TV.
Now, I have an Ethernet cable in my tv yet no picture. I dont have an Ethernet cable in my freeview recorder box, but currently have a picture.

Whats the score? Is the picture Im getting a free one that everyone does (bar me tele) or is that that up and running.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #159 on: August 1, 2013, 10:17:32 pm »
I signed up to BT from Sky. I have a BT Hub now and internet came on last night. I have a freeview recorder and freeview is built into my TV.
Now, I have an Ethernet cable in my tv yet no picture. I dont have an Ethernet cable in my freeview recorder box, but currently have a picture.

Whats the score? Is the picture Im getting a free one that everyone does (bar me tele) or is that that up and running.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.