Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 336638 times)

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #2080 on: April 29, 2018, 07:35:18 pm »
Nice lad, just not good enough, we need to upgrade in the off season.

Yep.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2081 on: April 29, 2018, 07:39:23 pm »
Could sell him Ings and Origi and get £50m minimum return.....  we would feel no impact at all...

No way, we'd probably struggle to get in even half of that. Even in today's market, Ings will go for a few million quid at most and we'd probably struggle to make the money back we spent on Sturridge and Origi. One is always injured that not many clubs would take a gamble on, while the other has had an awful season and hasn't really done much in his time here to suggest that he's worth any more than we paid for him a few years back.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2082 on: April 29, 2018, 07:45:01 pm »
Could sell him Ings and Origi and get £50m minimum return.....  we would feel no impact at all...

I really doubt we'd get £50m for those three now, all things considered.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2083 on: April 29, 2018, 08:01:55 pm »
Bizarre. What is the point of loaning out a 25 year old who is clearly not good enough for us. I'm sure some mid table team will pay us for him.

It's not bizarre mate.  With the seriousness of his injuries teams many teams may shy away from paying anything close to what they should, until he shows his quality and fitness over a period of time.  This is where a loan can be useful to all involved.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 08:05:16 pm by Redman78 »

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2084 on: April 29, 2018, 08:12:51 pm »
No way, we'd probably struggle to get in even half of that. Even in today's market, Ings will go for a few million quid at most and we'd probably struggle to make the money back we spent on Sturridge and Origi. One is always injured that not many clubs would take a gamble on, while the other has had an awful season and hasn't really done much in his time here to suggest that he's worth any more than we paid for him a few years back.
The summer after Ings' first injury we got £20m bids for him. That was 2 years ago. I think you'll be surprised how much mid table teams will overpay for a league proven goalscorer.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2085 on: April 29, 2018, 08:22:03 pm »
The summer after Ings' first injury we got £20m bids for him. That was 2 years ago. I think you'll be surprised how much mid table teams will overpay for a league proven goalscorer.

Not sure he's that, like. Got 15 PL goals to his name (obviously in part due to injuries, but "proven" he ain't). Agree with the overall sentiment though, think we could get a decent bid for him off a Bournemouth, Newcastle, etc. Doubt we'd fetch £20m, but a good bid of £10-15m I think is do-able.

Don't see us getting much for Origi or Sturridge though, both only have a year left on their contracts. Sturridge in particular will be 29 at the start of the season, is chronically injured and on extortionate wages - suspect any fee we'd get for him would be nominal to get him off the books more than anything else.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #2086 on: April 29, 2018, 08:43:59 pm »
if he isn't on a big wage, he aint a bad "off the bench" type player for us
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2087 on: April 29, 2018, 09:29:48 pm »
This is pretty wishful thinking.

Origi has been poor at Wolfsburg. Sturridge seems permanently injured. Ings is coming off a 2 season lay off and really minimal game time to convince anyone to spend megabucks on him. I don't think any clubs are going to gamble 15-20m on any of these three players, let alone all 3 clubs gambling at the same time. Sure, perhaps if Ings gets regular minutes and scores some goals or has a great season,  or if Origi makes some drastic improvements then maybe it will but right now I don't think this is realistic at all.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2088 on: April 29, 2018, 09:48:21 pm »

The thing Is, when everyone's fit again and we have a few new signings he isn't going to make the bench imo.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2089 on: April 29, 2018, 09:59:34 pm »
Origi is worth 20m in this market, Ings probably 15-20m.  Sturridge will go on a free, nobody will be bonkers enough to pay a fee for him.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2090 on: April 29, 2018, 10:00:33 pm »
The thing Is, when everyone's fit again and we have a few new signings he isn't going to make the bench imo.
Not a reply to you, but even if he did, would that be his ambition? He is a human being, a player with a short professional career, cut even shorter by two horrific injuries; when is he going to play? He needs to go for his own sake. He has shown top notch professional behavior, near that of Sami and Xabi, so I'd think that the club should support him in whatever he wants to do. And if he wants to stay, great.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2091 on: April 29, 2018, 10:03:46 pm »
Origi is worth 20m in this market, Ings probably 15-20m.  Sturridge will go on a free, nobody will be bonkers enough to pay a fee for him.

Still optimistic. Origi has done nothing to be worth £20m even in today’s crazy prices

Ings I reckon we could fetch 10-12m for from a club like Newcastle or Burnley.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2092 on: April 29, 2018, 10:34:43 pm »
Still optimistic. Origi has done nothing to be worth £20m even in today’s crazy prices

we sold Jordon Ibe for £15m, anything is possible
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2093 on: April 29, 2018, 10:44:06 pm »

Not too sure about Origi. His spell in Germany is underwhelming but I guess who knows. Sturridges  disaster loan to West Brom has probably rendered him worth less than nothing with his high wage. Ings is a difficult one. Easily worth 20 million but the injury history would be concerning for any club. He got into double figures for Burnley when they had the worst attack in the league. That would make him top scorer for most prem teams this year from 7th down. Klopp will decide either way. I'm not unhappy if he stays. It won't stop anyone coming in and you can never have too many options.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2094 on: April 29, 2018, 10:47:22 pm »

Ings would be closer to £20m, with English premium on top of his PL experience.

Origi would fetch around £15m.

Not sure if we can put a price on Sturridge because I doubt anyone wants to take a gamble with him.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2095 on: April 29, 2018, 10:56:36 pm »
The only way we're getting close to 20 million for him is if there's a team that hasn't scouted him

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #2096 on: April 29, 2018, 11:37:56 pm »
It's odd.

Another linesman or another day, Ings has won us the 3 points and we're all gushing about a wonderful touch and ruthless finish, another match winner in the squad.

Instead he should be sold.

I'd suggest that yes there is a place in the squad for a poacher who likes to press, can score when others are misfiring, is useful off the bench etc; should he be our second choice to the front 3 however? No, he isn't a natural fit and is a step down in skill. I think Sturridge and Origi are off but both Solanke and Ings will remain with another attacking player coming in nearer or of equal quality to Mane/Firmino (as Coutinho was).

Danny does need to remain fit and impress throughout pre season though you'd imagine.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2097 on: April 30, 2018, 09:51:03 am »
Is he? Would you really be confident in bringing him off the bench if we needed a goal?

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2098 on: April 30, 2018, 10:34:58 am »
I don't think we can properly judge him until we've seen him play more minutes through the middle. Last 2 weeks he's come in and played wider, so I'm not sure we've seen him at his best - and that's before we consider how fit he is.
Clearly there's a drop off from Firmino, but if he can learn more of Firminos game, then he could be a good option to help with the workload.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #2099 on: April 30, 2018, 10:41:33 am »
It's odd.

Another linesman or another day, Ings has won us the 3 points and we're all gushing about a wonderful touch and ruthless finish, another match winner in the squad.

Instead he should be sold.

I'd suggest that yes there is a place in the squad for a poacher who likes to press, can score when others are misfiring, is useful off the bench etc; should he be our second choice to the front 3 however? No, he isn't a natural fit and is a step down in skill. I think Sturridge and Origi are off but both Solanke and Ings will remain with another attacking player coming in nearer or of equal quality to Mane/Firmino (as Coutinho was).

Danny does need to remain fit and impress throughout pre season though you'd imagine.

Yeah, I'd agree with this.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2100 on: April 30, 2018, 10:47:49 am »
Is he? Would you really be confident in bringing him off the bench if we needed a goal?

If Mo, Bobby and Sadio haven't been able to score a goal I don't think there's many players in world football who I'd be confident coming off the bench to do what they couldn't.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2101 on: August 9, 2018, 05:35:09 pm »
Sky reporting Southampton trying to take him on loan.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2102 on: August 9, 2018, 05:36:26 pm »
The only way we're getting close to 20 million for him is if there's a team that hasn't scouted him

How much were Sunderland willing to pay again?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2103 on: August 9, 2018, 05:41:08 pm »

As a back up to Shane Long? :)

Seriously, he’d give them the speed with actual goals on the end of those runs.

If Southmpton doesn’t buy a striker, they will probably go down.

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2104 on: August 9, 2018, 05:43:10 pm »
Loan? No thanks. Sick of clubs trying to bend us over taking players on loan.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2105 on: August 9, 2018, 05:45:08 pm »

Good luck to him if it goes through, hope he does well.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2106 on: August 9, 2018, 06:32:58 pm »
Loan? No thanks. Sick of clubs trying to bend us over taking players on loan.

Be around the squad with Southampton or sit in the stands with a suit week in, week out with us. Hopefully has a good season and shows his injuries haven't ruined him, and move him on next summer.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2107 on: August 9, 2018, 06:34:14 pm »
Good luck to him. Would rather get the money now, but can't complain really. At least with a loan, he can't play against us,minor silver lining.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2108 on: August 9, 2018, 06:45:04 pm »
Be around the squad with Southampton or sit in the stands with a suit week in, week out with us. Hopefully has a good season and shows his injuries haven't ruined him, and move him on next summer.

Yeah but sturridge is still made of glass despite the encouraging signs in pre-season, solanke isn't proven

it was only the other day klopp said we don't want to strengthen other teams, hence we aren't gonna give them away on the cheap, but looks like we are loaning Ings. How long left on his deal?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2109 on: August 9, 2018, 06:45:38 pm »
I'd enjoy greatly watching Southampton take a drop to the Championship after reading some of their fans comments during last summer in SaintsWeb.

But if Danny goes there good luck to him,he's a nice lad by all accounts,a good player and he deserves some for a change.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #2110 on: August 9, 2018, 06:56:24 pm »
it was only the other day klopp said we don't want to strengthen other teams, hence we aren't gonna give them away on the cheap, but looks like we are loaning Ings. How long left on his deal?

Not a lot to lose for us though if we loan him out. We shouldn't be in a fight with Southampton position wise. He can't play against us if it's a loan and if he helps them take points off other teams it's good for us...

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2111 on: August 9, 2018, 07:02:27 pm »
Not a lot to lose for us though if we loan him out. We shouldn't be in a fight with Southampton position wise. He can't play against us if it's a loan and if he helps them take points off other teams it's good for us...

Fair point. Just feel like we've been here before over the years with loan deals.

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2112 on: August 9, 2018, 07:20:51 pm »
Yeah but sturridge is still made of glass despite the encouraging signs in pre-season, solanke isn't proven

Surely it’s better to strengthen our non-direct rivals though. Ings can play against all our direct rivals but not against us so it works in our favour.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #2113 on: August 9, 2018, 07:24:25 pm »

I saw him in the street in Southampton a month ago. I should be an ITK.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2114 on: August 9, 2018, 08:12:28 pm »
Surely it’s better to strengthen our non-direct rivals though. Ings can play against all our direct rivals but not against us so it works in our favour.

And, if a loan, that's 2 games he won't play in
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2115 on: August 9, 2018, 08:22:59 pm »
Feel for the lad, it just hasn't happened for him. Exemplary attitude, just a pity his ligaments didn't hit those heady attitude hight's.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2116 on: August 9, 2018, 08:33:04 pm »
Good luck to him at Southampton. £18 million heck of a few too

All the best Danny

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2117 on: August 9, 2018, 08:35:23 pm »
Shame he's gone to a club that I don't give a fuck about, if he'd gone to Newcastle I'd have taken more of an interest in how he gets on. Southampton are the magnolia paint of Premier League football teams.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2118 on: August 9, 2018, 08:36:24 pm »
Best of luck Danny, hope he strikes lucky there (except against us).
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2119 on: August 9, 2018, 08:36:28 pm »
A shame that he's left, but it's the right move for his career. The potential revival of Sturridge, as well as Klopp's enthusiasm to invest in Solanke and potentially Brewster was always going to see Ings' opportunities diminish more and more. I'm glad he got that goal last season for us though, felt like a huge moment for him after the injury nightmares he's been through.