Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 184855 times)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #760 on: January 1, 2019, 06:42:32 pm »
Another goal for Wilson, cracking finish.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BwpppNsuWjA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BwpppNsuWjA</a>
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #761 on: January 1, 2019, 09:34:15 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BwpppNsuWjA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BwpppNsuWjA</a>
I refuse to believe that a player with this technical ability will not become, at the very least, a good quality Premier League level player. He strikes the ball like Bale, Reus, C Ronaldo, Robben and other immaculate goalscoring attackers.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: January 2, 2019, 12:11:58 am »
was watching Inside Anfield: Behind the scenes of Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal and saw Woodburn follow Milner and the rest of the lads into the changing rooms at half-time. Suggests he's still back at Liverpool whilst recovering form his injury?

No way he's going back to Sheff Utd. Total wipe out for him there.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: January 2, 2019, 08:25:50 am »
Wilson also went off injured right after half time. Had some issues before half time, but looked like he wanted to continue.

Thought he was solid yesterday, but Derby looked really disjointed, he played a lot deeper in midfield than I expected him to.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: January 2, 2019, 12:05:36 pm »
Wilson also went off injured right after half time. Had some issues before half time, but looked like he wanted to continue.

Thought he was solid yesterday, but Derby looked really disjointed, he played a lot deeper in midfield than I expected him to.
I work with a Derby County fan and he says Wilson has been part of their midfield three for a while now.  Mount and Wilson in front of a holding midfielder, usually George Evans but sometimes Huddlestone.  The change was triggered when Bradley Johnson got a 4 game ban for biting Joe Allen (yes, 4, not the 10 given to Suarez...).

It's an ambitious move for the Championship to play two relatively lightweight technical players in central midfield against what are generally destroyers .  Fair play to Lampard who seems to be trying to develop a style of football that will open doors for himself at top clubs rather than becoming yet another pragmatist playing percentage football.

I think it's good for Wilson's development but on the flip side if he's to make it at Liverpool then it will be as a wide forward.  He's technically a cut above most of the Championship to the extent that Derby are likely willing to overlook his deficiencies in other areas of that position.  When the likes of Ozil and Mata are primarily being used as wide forwards cutting infield rather than as part of the midfield then you see how high the bar is for the Premier League.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #765 on: January 2, 2019, 12:30:55 pm »
Hertha BSC's manager Michael Preetz suggesting that Liverpool see Grujic having a place in the Liverpool squad next season:

"There is no agreement with Liverpool on the loan after the end of the season. Liverpool want to put him in a position to be a supporting player."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: January 2, 2019, 12:51:10 pm »
Hertha BSC's manager Michael Preetz suggesting that Liverpool see Grujic having a place in the Liverpool squad next season:

"There is no agreement with Liverpool on the loan after the end of the season. Liverpool want to put him in a position to be a supporting player."

How's he been over there in terms of mobility and putting in the hard yards? He's not blessed with pace, but I have no idea if he has the same sort of energy as Klopp's usual midfielders. Or is he playing more of a number 6 role there?

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #767 on: January 2, 2019, 12:54:17 pm »
Good to hear, I actually rate Gruijic and think he'll thrive in our current set up alongside our current midfield options.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: January 2, 2019, 01:04:08 pm »
How's he been over there in terms of mobility and putting in the hard yards? He's not blessed with pace, but I have no idea if he has the same sort of energy as Klopp's usual midfielders. Or is he playing more of a number 6 role there?

I wouldn't say he's been a classic number 6 there, he's been playing alongside their young defensive midfielder Arne Maier, Grujic is the one who seems to have more of a licence to roam though. He's had a couple injuries unfortunately which has limited his appearances, but when he's played, he's been doing well. I saw his last full game for them vs Frankfurt, and he dominated the game, he was really good. Definately putting in the work, and their fans love him for his style of play and effort. 

Hopefully he'll be able to get a good run of games after the winter break.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #769 on: January 3, 2019, 10:56:38 am »

Yeah agree with that which is why I always saw him playing behind the forward in a 4-2-3-1 or playing as the most advanced in a 3 man midfield with energetic midfielders alongside him.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: January 5, 2019, 09:54:36 am »
Harry Wilson - Derby - Derby picked up an impressive 4-3 away win at title chasing Norwich and then drew at home to Boro, in a game in which Wilson opened the scoring (goal posted earlier in thread). Lampard has said he picked up a hip injury in the Boro draw (which is why he was subbed) and that he'll miss the FA Cup game vs Southampton today, but they hope to have him back for the Leeds game next week.

Ryan Kent - Rangers - Put in an excellent performance and provided the assist for the goal as Rangers beat Celtic 1-0 and moved level on points with them at the top. He was asked again about making the move permanent after the game - "It’s something I’m considering. It’s a chat Rangers are going to have to have with Liverpool because I still have three years left on my contract there. So it’s a bit out of my hands. The honest answer is I don’t know what my future holds. That’s something Jurgen Klopp will have to answer."

Taiwo Awoniyi - Gent - Winter break.

Anderson Arroyo - Gent - Winter break.

Allan - Frankfurt - Winter break.

Shamal George - Tranmere - On the bench for Tranmere's 2 league games and not in the squad for the 7-0 FA Cup loss to Spurs.

Adam Bogdan - Hibernian - Played as Hibs lost the Edinburgh derby 1-0 at home to Hearts.

Ben Woodburn - Sheffield Utd - Injured and back at club, no official confirmation his loan is over yet.

Herbie Kane - Started both games as Doncaster beat Gillingham 3-1 and Rochdale 5-0, they're now in 6th place.

Danny Ings - Southampton - An unused sub as Southampton lost 3-1 to Man City, and then taken off at half time with a knock in the 0-0 draw at Chelsea.

Marko Grujic - Hertha Berlin - Winter break.

Connor Randall - Rochdale - Loan was due to expire Jan 1st so he's likely back at the club now.

Loris Karius - Beşiktaş - Winter break.

Corey Whelan - Crewe - On the bench for Crewe's 1-0 win against Stevenage but came back into the side for the 3-1 loss away at Bury.

Sheyi Ojo - Reims - No games.

Clyne has now joined Bournemouth on loan and will be included in future updates.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: January 5, 2019, 01:51:57 pm »
I wouldn't say he's been a classic number 6 there, he's been playing alongside their young defensive midfielder Arne Maier, Grujic is the one who seems to have more of a licence to roam though. He's had a couple injuries unfortunately which has limited his appearances, but when he's played, he's been doing well. I saw his last full game for them vs Frankfurt, and he dominated the game, he was really good. Definately putting in the work, and their fans love him for his style of play and effort. 

Hopefully he'll be able to get a good run of games after the winter break.

Thanks for this mate, look forward to taking more of an interest one he's back playing

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #772 on: January 6, 2019, 10:37:12 am »
What’s the latest on Ovie Ejaria since his departure from Rangers

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: January 7, 2019, 06:23:36 am »
What's the situation with Souza?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: January 7, 2019, 08:58:35 am »
Rumours on twitter that Awoniyi's current loan will be terminated and he'll be going to Turkey instead

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: January 7, 2019, 11:59:18 am »
Ejaria to Reading for the second half of the season, chosen them over a "number of offers"

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: January 9, 2019, 02:18:13 am »
So - Camacho to Sporting?

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #777 on: January 9, 2019, 09:46:17 pm »
A (well connected) Rangers blog has announced we're in formal talks to buy Ryan Kent. I'd be delighted if we managed to get that one over the line.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: January 9, 2019, 09:48:16 pm »
A (well connected) Rangers blog has announced we're in formal talks to buy Ryan Kent. I'd be delighted if we managed to get that one over the line.

Would be a good deal for you - he isn't making it here and I'm sure you can get him for somewhat cheap - like 4-5m.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #779 on: January 9, 2019, 09:53:45 pm »
Would be a good deal for you - he isn't making it here and I'm sure you can get him for somewhat cheap - like 4-5m.

Will probably depend on how the payments are structured. Can't understand why the lad's other couple of loan deals didn't seem to work out as he looks a player.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: January 9, 2019, 10:16:08 pm »
Will probably depend on how the payments are structured. Can't understand why the lad's other couple of loan deals didn't seem to work out as he looks a player.
I always liked Kent when I've seen him in our pre-season games and the odd U23 game. I saw the derby and thought he looked really good, worked his arse off and showed some moments of quality. I understand that he's never put up great production, but I'd have liked him to have hung around the squad at Anfield and got minutes here and there in the cups or when we're coasting in games (not so much this season as the last two, as it was clear at his age that he was definitely on the way out this time round).

Hope you can come up with a deal, looks like he's responding to the expectations and atmosphere up there.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: January 9, 2019, 10:37:11 pm »

Definitely a good fit for Rangers and the SPL with Gerrard at the helm. He's thriving on getting regular gametime with a manager that backs his abilities and can give him the exact guidance he needs to improve his overall game and go from just a pacy winger to a complete attacker that can pass, create, score and drive his team to success.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #782 on: January 10, 2019, 08:17:33 pm »
He needs to add goals and assists to his game but I find it hard to criticise him all that much given how much his game has come on in a few months. Really like the lad and the support has definitely taken to him.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: January 11, 2019, 08:10:55 pm »
Watching Leeds v Derby right now. Harry Wilson not even on bench, so must still be injured. Wonder when he'll be back.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: January 12, 2019, 12:05:41 am »
Ojo played the last 15 away to Lyon tonight.  Had a decent chance 1-on-1 with the keeper which he fired into his body having made a good run initially.

Not much else to say of his performance, though Reims were well and truly bunkered in holding onto their 1-1.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: January 12, 2019, 12:19:28 am »
Ojo played the last 15 away to Lyon tonight.  Had a decent chance 1-on-1 with the keeper which he fired into his body having made a good run initially.

Not much else to say of his performance, though Reims were well and truly bunkered in holding onto their 1-1.

It's a shame his loans haven't worked out, he's a very gifted attacker but just seems to have constant fitness issues and doesn't look like a hard worker on the pitch.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #786 on: January 12, 2019, 02:45:52 pm »
Looks like Ejaria straight into line up for Reading today

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #787 on: January 13, 2019, 05:01:43 pm »
Woodburn being linked with a loan to Rangers. I get the feeling it's just paper talk and lazy journalism though as they tend to link us with loans to just about everyone who isn't a 1st team player at Liverpool.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: January 14, 2019, 01:06:45 pm »
Marko Grujic is back in full team training with Hertha BSC. Not 100% sure if that means he'll be ready for the first Bundesliga game after the winter break this coming weekend. But hopefully it does!

Here's to him having better luck with injuries for the 2nd half of the season and carrying on his strong performances.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: January 14, 2019, 02:27:51 pm »
Woodburn being linked with a loan to Rangers. I get the feeling it's just paper talk and lazy journalism though as they tend to link us with loans to just about everyone who isn't a 1st team player at Liverpool.

Very much lazy journalism. Can't see him getting much game time there

Gerrard has Ryan Jack, Steven Davis, Mcrorie, Coulibaly and Arfield who can play in the more advanced CM's roles, while he has Defoe, Kent, Candeias, and Morelos who can play along the front 3. I can't see Woodburn really displacing any of those chaps in the middle of a tilt at the SPL title. Personally, I think he's better off back at the club training hard and getting back to a very good state of fitness. He'll want to make himself visible when it comes to next pre-season, and perhaps trying to decide who's an option for the first team squad next season.

I think one of his major issues is that nobody really knows what is his best position. He's also competing with some top class players in his areas (our front 3, Shaq, Sturridge for attacking roles and our CM's for midfield roles, including Ox and Keita)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 02:30:26 pm by mrantarctica »

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #790 on: January 14, 2019, 03:37:17 pm »
Marko Grujic is back in full team training with Hertha BSC. Not 100% sure if that means he'll be ready for the first Bundesliga game after the winter break this coming weekend. But hopefully it does!

Here's to him having better luck with injuries for the 2nd half of the season and carrying on his strong performances.

Really interesting to see how he develops the 2nd half of the season.

Not seen Hertha much but by all accounts Grujic has been impressive in between the injuries. He's always looked to have ability. Probably more a worry about his tactical ability to play CM in a major league. Particularly if he's lining up as a DM or CM.

I think Grujic is being over looked a bit when people talk about the shape of our future squad. A good 2nd half of the season and really think he could be in the position to fight for a squad place in 2019/20.

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #791 on: January 14, 2019, 05:46:03 pm »
Oh god please don’t loan Woodburn to Rangers  :wanker
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: January 14, 2019, 05:50:49 pm »
I'm sure I read Awoniyi is back on loan at another Belgium club the other day.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: January 14, 2019, 05:52:08 pm »
I'm sure I read Awoniyi is back on loan at another Belgium club the other day.

He is but can’t remember  which one!!!

Edit- royal excel mouscron

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: January 14, 2019, 06:43:03 pm »
He is but can’t remember  which one!!!

Edit- royal excel mouscron
Sounds more like an out if town shopping centre than a football club [emoji23]

Best of luck to him anyway but he doesn't seem to be progressing much.  He's 21 now, been with us nearly 4yrs and this is his 5th loan.  He's nowhere near to getting a work permit either.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #795 on: January 16, 2019, 05:18:36 am »
https://statsbomb.com/2019/01/loan-watch-how-are-premier-league-prospects-across-europe-faring/

Statsbomb is fairly unimpressed with how Ojo, Allan and Grujic have done so far.

Mind you, it might be a different story for Grujic had he not had the injuries he's had.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #796 on: January 16, 2019, 07:10:14 pm »
I'm assuming Wilson is starting tonight?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: January 16, 2019, 07:11:27 pm »
I'm assuming Wilson is starting tonight?

Ask Marcelo Bielsa, he'll know ;D

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: January 16, 2019, 07:14:58 pm »
Harry Wilson starting against Southampton tonight, can see him play on bbc1 in about half an hour.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #799 on: January 16, 2019, 08:14:06 pm »
Good first 30 min from Wilson, pacy, direct, intelligent
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!