Author Topic: Digital Camera: Which one?  (Read 56947 times)

Offline a partridge in seat_5c

• blames English football
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Digital Camera: Which one?
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2005, 07:54:38 pm »
have a look at the Olympus range

can't remember all the XYZ 5000000 model stuff sorry...think one of them that would be around your sort of budget might be called Camedia something or other, possibly SC760 or something like that...

Offline ds2190

• Simon Cowell + Oswald Moseley's pernickety lovechild
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2005, 11:17:10 pm »

can't remember all the XYZ 5000000 model stuff sorry...................................possibly SC760

Thought you couldn't remember?

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2005, 11:47:11 pm »
I have a Cannon Ixus 40, absolutely superb once I got the right memory card (might be in that post linked above, cant remember!). There's a newer one out though, Ixus 50 I think which is 5MP
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline LadyLala

• Legacy Fan
  • la dee daa
    • lala's RED world
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2005, 02:47:49 am »
A week ago I was doing this marketing project on the consumer decision process when one wants to buy a digital camera... Had to see so many adverts and do so much research on it..

I'm still clueless about digicams! But I do know everyone says Canon digicams are good though.
I never know how I'm supposed to respond to "What's up?"

Offline J££RARD

• Thai me up, Thai me down.
  • Legacy Fan
  • be nice or F.O.
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2005, 03:41:32 am »
Got my old-as-fuck 20gb iPod, full size, 18gb used.

Now the difference between this, and my iPod, is that mine has a more impressive lump when I wear tight jeans.

But fuck it man, I could swallow that. Put me down for one! I'm sure I could just put the essentials on that little thing.

I have the 2nd Gen iPod, i agree that its very big but can you believe that the batter is still ok untill now.. unlike my 3rd gen iPod that battery dead for half a year already and i nevr botehr to go to apple shop to change it.
my twitter rant: @jeerard

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2005, 09:58:37 am »
Do you have to buy a guarantee which costs 100 or something?
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2005, 03:38:33 pm »
I just have a normal ipod with songs in.  Keeps me happy :D
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2005, 03:45:46 pm »
Got 40GB iPod just before Christmas and I'm about to get a refund as it's "broken" It cost £279.99 so I'm going to get the 60GB iPod which only costs £221 in comparison - score!

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2005, 04:01:18 pm »

Post any queries about Mobile Phones, MP3/DVD Players, Camera's, Hi-Fi, TV, Tech stuff etc in here

Ta

87:13

Offline PaulO80

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Keep it clean shaven
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2005, 10:48:18 am »
I'm after a midi/mini/micro/whateverthefuck hi-fi system. Would like it to have DAB and a pretty decent output, and I don't want to pay too much over £100. Not arsed about it having a MD player or a multi-CD changer (the one I have now has one, and is part of the reason I'm getting a new one).

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Paul.
KRnRBF

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2005, 11:10:53 am »
When I get the DVD of my wedding, I would like to be able to capture stills from it and make my own photos.

Any idea's if

a) It is possible to do
b) What software to use to do it?

Ta

Offline kevindublin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2005, 11:19:26 am »
When I get the DVD of my wedding, I would like to be able to capture stills from it and make my own photos.

Any idea's if

a) It is possible to do
b) What software to use to do it?

Ta

Not that i'm a big expert or nothin so other people im sure would be able to advise you better.
But i went on download.com the other day and downloaded a 30 day trial of some software that does exactly what you want. Its pretty good too. just do a search on there for video clips or dvd, youll come across some good stuff

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2005, 10:20:38 pm »
Good guide by Playboy...

I can only see one winner to be honest, and thats the playstation 3.

Looks amazing  :lickin
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2005, 10:44:04 pm »
Console makers are increasingly missing the point, these days its all bloody operating systems, hard drives and thinly veiled PC hardware (which is basically done to pander to the developers, maybe a good thing, maybe a bad thing,) cant be doing with it.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2005, 11:26:45 pm »
Console makers are increasingly missing the point, these days its all bloody operating systems, hard drives and thinly veiled PC hardware (which is basically done to pander to the developers, maybe a good thing, maybe a bad thing,) cant be doing with it.

bring back the cartrige. Remember blowing the game cartrige if it didnt work? those were the days.

Mega Drive. Thats the future.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2005, 11:36:45 pm »
bring back the cartrige. Remember blowing the game cartrige if it didnt work? those were the days.

:D

Anyway, used to have an iPod (now have an mp3 player) but have had problems with both concerning the actual earphones (or whatever they're called) that come with each one. One of them stopped working for the iPod and both don't now for the mp3 player (well, I think one of them does sometimes if I turn the lead/wire thing about a bit). Weird.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2005, 11:54:23 pm »
:D

Anyway, used to have an iPod (now have an mp3 player) but have had problems with both concerning the actual earphones (or whatever they're called) that come with each one. One of them stopped working for the iPod and both don't now for the mp3 player (well, I think one of them does sometimes if I turn the lead/wire thing about a bit). Weird.
Best thing to do, dont buy ipod headphones, there fucking shit. im onto my 5th pair since december, its nothing to do with how loud i play the music btw  :) first pair, one of the headphones stopped working altogether so i had to cut it off,second pair the white casing on it was pushed up so all the wires got damaged,3rd and 4th pair the headphones started crackling everytime the ipod went above half volume, same thing is happening to me 5th pair. my advice is stay away from the apple headphones and invest in a decent pair thatll last.

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2005, 11:55:10 pm »

Mega CD*

Think I was the only kid in Liverpool to have one.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Offline Acaustiq

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2005, 12:01:13 am »
Best thing to do, dont buy ipod headphones, there fucking shit. im onto my 5th pair since december, its nothing to do with how loud i play the music btw  :) first pair, one of the headphones stopped working altogether so i had to cut it off,second pair the white casing on it was pushed up so all the wires got damaged,3rd and 4th pair the headphones started crackling everytime the ipod went above half volume, same thing is happening to me 5th pair. my advice is stay away from the apple headphones and invest in a decent pair thatll last.

Got some shure e2c's for my zen, (though the standard creative ones are pretty good,) they could be described as expensive but I suppose thats relative to how much you use your ipod, they're seriously spot bollock either way.

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2005, 02:36:06 pm »
Got some shure e2c's for my zen, (though the standard creative ones are pretty good,) they could be described as expensive but I suppose thats relative to how much you use your ipod, they're seriously spot bollock either way.
My ipod headphones cost me something like 8 pound P&P of Ebay, but i use them every day in sixth form and on buses etc, personally the quality of them is extremly poor and i aint gona buy a new pair of them once these ones im using break.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2005, 12:13:33 pm »

totally agree.

Don't mind having an in built DVD player but anuthing else is too excessive.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2005, 03:03:42 pm »
Mate of mine in work having some probs with his.

When people ring or text him, it shjows the numbers and not the contact names he has them save under...any reason why? can this be turned on and off?

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2005, 03:05:41 pm »
Could be that the memory in use is switched to the wrong setting. Can have either phone, sim case or both. Will be somewhere in contacts or settings where it can be changed. Try that
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2005, 03:09:38 pm »
Mine doesnt even show the numbers, it just says call ???
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2005, 03:12:22 pm »
Think thats the one Tim, just havin a gander now.

Can it be set to use both sim and phone? this ones an oldish nokia, doesnt appear to have that setting.

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2005, 03:14:25 pm »
Im always weary about "copy from sim to phone" or vice versa after doing that previously on one of my phones and losing loads of numbers.

Offline dont

• does
  • Main Stander
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2005, 03:17:55 pm »
Sorry to hijack the post but my Nokia has the symbol for voice message on the front screen even though there are no outstanding messages, it came on yesterday when I received a message but did not go after deleting it.

Anyone have any ideas why?

Ta
'what a hit son, what a hit'

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2005, 03:31:26 pm »
Sorry to hijack the post but my Nokia has the symbol for voice message on the front screen even though there are no outstanding messages, it came on yesterday when I received a message but did not go after deleting it.

Ta

Mine does the same, takes days for the out-standing message icon to piss off, only does it when the screensaver is on... very irritating  :no

the answer to your question tho' is no, i don't know why it does it.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline FinnishRed

• Frog in a liquidiser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities...
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2005, 03:34:23 pm »
I have the same problem with my Nokia...nobody seems to understand the reason it shows only the number when a few of my mates try to call me.

Never buy anything finnish... ;D

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2005, 03:37:38 pm »
contacts probably need saving to the phone or something. either that or its just fucked.

Offline bez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill!!!!!!!
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2005, 03:42:37 pm »
Mine only works with name if I put 0044 or +44 like the international code in the contact details

for example

johnny briggs

Not  07777 777777  but
00447777 777777  or
+447777 777777
Oh W**ky W**ky, W**ky W**ky W**ky W**ky Warrington.

Betfair referal code 6TXMVXF6J. £25 free

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2005, 03:43:14 pm »
Mine shows it with texts but not with calls  ???
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Throxenby

• Has a date with Fat Frank sometime in 2007
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2005, 04:48:20 pm »

Ta
your inbox is nearly full
God bless the skywashed for they know not what they do.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2005, 04:54:36 pm »
I get the number prob if i have the same number listed twice, so it does seem you are usign both memories (and that he has got the contacts saved twice, once on sim, and also on the phone)

And as for the symbol, its what guy above said.
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2005, 04:56:22 pm »
Mate of mine in work having some probs with his.

When people ring or text him, it shjows the numbers and not the contact names he has them save under...any reason why? can this be turned on and off?

This normally happens when the same number is saved under 2 different names.
I.E- home 01234567890
       mom 01234567890.
Hope you get my drift :)
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline blurred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2005, 04:59:17 pm »
I.E- home 01234567890
       mom 01234567890.

That's a conveniently easy phone number to remember that you have there! ;)

Offline JamieB

• Legacy Fan
  • Winning isn't important, it's everything
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2005, 05:05:06 pm »
Ive got a philips hd1120 mp3 player and i was wondering if you can somehow connect the mp3 player to a hi-fi system so it plays the songs you choose. Like putting a speaker plug in the headphone socket? so plays thorugh the speaker? On my hi-fi you can choose an Auxillary option so not sure if its something to do with that?
I know you can do it with I-pods

Hope you can help, cheers
Pass and Move its the Liverpool Groove,
Go Robbie, Go Robbie, Go!

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2005, 05:07:55 pm »
I.E- home 01234567890
       mom 01234567890.

I solved it that way with my Nokia. It is really iritating though. I've got one of the new 6680's, and apart from 3G RAWK, it's not a great phone.

hoonin

« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2005, 05:12:32 pm »
Do you have a line out socket in the player? If so, plug it into the line-in in your amp.

Offline JamieB

• Legacy Fan
  • Winning isn't important, it's everything
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2005, 05:17:02 pm »
Nope only the headphone socket and an Optical line in?
Pass and Move its the Liverpool Groove,
Go Robbie, Go Robbie, Go!