Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4158319 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #72800 on: March 24, 2023, 11:17:43 am »
Fury needs to understand that the public wont forget this

They forgot about his homophobic and misogynist rants.

Almost any other sporting figure would have had pundits & journos bringing up his disgusting comments since. But then I guess Fury would whine about 'prejudice and discrimination' cos of his background.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72801 on: March 24, 2023, 11:58:34 am »
As predictable as it was unintelligible. Fury is an attention seeking bellend. He will continue talking and talking, and probably fight some no mark next. Best case scenario is he fights Wilder again but only because he knows he can beat him.
I'm not sure Wilder really wants that fight either.  He only took it the first time because he thought he could sneak the win while Fury was out of shape, and if the ref could have counted to 10 properly he'd have pulled it off.  Then he got sucked into the rematches.

He'll go back to sparking out Jason Gavern level opponents and play the ratings game till he gets a title shot against whoever the latest version of Bermane Stiverne is.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #72802 on: March 24, 2023, 12:01:12 pm »

They forgot about his homophobic and misogynist rants.

Almost any other sporting figure would have had pundits & journos bringing up his disgusting comments since. But then I guess Fury would whine about 'prejudice and discrimination' cos of his background.

As ever with boxing, I always find the pundits love the Great White Hope - Fury can say whatever he likes and it comes back that he is controversial, a showman, entertaining, a good ole lady, a real big character, etc etc.

He can pull out a sob story or two about his mental health and why he was a drugs cheat, and then go on to do nothing but insult his opponents with no regards to mental health. But it's alright because he is a big character, a right laugh.

AJ comes out to rap music and a firework show and he is arrogant, needs to be taken down a peg or two. Fury says horrendous things about minority groups, and "Ohhh haha, that's Tyson! But he sings when he wins, ain't he a laugh"

Now of course he is also a coward, not taking any fight he doesn't know he can win, all while shouting in the background as the hard man.

Usyk is a real champ, Fury is a clown

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72803 on: March 24, 2023, 12:54:14 pm »
I don't mind Fury, but even I would admit he looks bad coming out of this.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #72804 on: March 24, 2023, 12:57:38 pm »
The sexism and homophobia probably makes him look worse than ducking out of a fight to be fair
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #72805 on: March 25, 2023, 09:24:07 am »
I'm not sure Wilder really wants that fight either.  He only took it the first time because he thought he could sneak the win while Fury was out of shape, and if the ref could have counted to 10 properly he'd have pulled it off.  Then he got sucked into the rematches.

He'll go back to sparking out Jason Gavern level opponents and play the ratings game till he gets a title shot against whoever the latest version of Bermane Stiverne is.
;D You might well be right Lusty!

However, Wilder knows he can hurt Fury and might think it's his ticket back to the big time if he could just keep him down. Plus they'll be able to sell it, and he will get a nice payday regardless.  Losing again won't hurt his reputation any further.

It would be nice to see Windmill fight half-decent opposition regardless.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72806 on: March 25, 2023, 09:29:35 pm »
I reckon Okolie gets rid of this guy inside 6. 9/4 is a nice price for it IMO. It looks a physical mismatch and as soon as The Sauce lands flush it's done.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72807 on: March 25, 2023, 11:11:26 pm »
Struggling to fight at this level Okolie. I thought he'd be a genuine champion a few years back.

Wins by UD.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 11:13:42 pm by Samie »

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72808 on: March 25, 2023, 11:15:37 pm »
Looked incredibly one dimensional.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72809 on: March 25, 2023, 11:16:38 pm »
Looked incredibly one dimensional.

Spot on!

Mate he was throwing the same two punches throughout the fight. A blind man could predict his next move.   ;D

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72810 on: March 25, 2023, 11:25:02 pm »
It was a dreadful dull one sided fight.

I'll give Okolie a pass as he hasnt had a fight for 13-14 months so this could be good for him even though for me it was boring.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72811 on: March 25, 2023, 11:56:00 pm »
That went well  :( Riakporhe or CBS won't be fearing that.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72812 on: March 26, 2023, 03:42:46 am »
Just woke up , last thing I remember was round 6 of okolie. Knocked me out anyway. Awful boring rubbish .

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #72813 on: March 26, 2023, 04:45:07 pm »
Hoping Richard Riakporhe & CBS can get a crack at Okolie. He's not the most exciting fighter which is why I gave last night a miss.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72814 on: March 27, 2023, 04:29:07 pm »
Fury needs to understand that the public wont forget this

I just really dislike Fury now. I wanted this Usyk fight so much and to see Fury lose that zero. He's becoming an expert at ducking fights, and he's always been an expert in talking mindless disgusting trash.

He'll never go down as anything close to a great. The last golden era of the heavyweight division remains when Lennox Lewis was at the top. That's going on a quarter of a century ago now. Mad when you think about it.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72815 on: March 30, 2023, 05:46:54 pm »
Canelo Alvarez has confirmed to reporters that his plan is to rematch Dmitry Bivol in September, though insisted he is open to a David Benavidez fight if Bivol doesn't happen.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #72816 on: March 30, 2023, 09:30:17 pm »
Pay-per-View figures... ?   is there a website that shows the actual PPV sales ?
Like DAZN or Sky Box Office etc...  or is this info kept hidden ? ...  :wave
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72817 on: March 30, 2023, 10:23:45 pm »
Pay-per-View figures... ?   is there a website that shows the actual PPV sales ?
Like DAZN or Sky Box Office etc...  or is this info kept hidden ? ...  :wave

I don't think I've ever seen a consistent set of data.  You can generally find the numbers for any individual fight if you Google it because it normally gets reported in the press some time after, but I don't think it's reliable and I have never seen all the figures presented together.

It's also really hard to compare one fight to another because PPV buys and revenue are not always consistent and it's hard to compare across countries.  The Klitschkos were doing crazy numbers in Germany and Ukraine for example and I don't know how you add it all up and compare it to the big American fights.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72818 on: March 30, 2023, 11:02:42 pm »
As Lusty said mate they only report figures if they're good or break records.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72819 on: March 31, 2023, 12:45:06 am »
As Lusty said mate they only report figures if they're good or break records.  ;D
And even then they make it up half the time!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72820 on: March 31, 2023, 02:34:05 pm »
Heading down to London tonight for the Joshua v Franklin fight lads. Just remember if there's a disturbance in the crowds it's most likely some dickhead from my cousins crew. I shit you not.  ;D

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72821 on: March 31, 2023, 03:14:42 pm »
Heading down to London tonight for the Joshua v Franklin fight lads. Just remember if there's a disturbance in the crowds it's most likely some dickhead from my cousins crew. I shit you not.  ;D

I believe you ;D

Have a good un

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72822 on: March 31, 2023, 04:04:56 pm »
I heard you're fighting on the undercard mate.  Against Phil Foden's Mum.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72823 on: March 31, 2023, 04:07:04 pm »
I'd throw my belt in the bin if I had to fight Foden's ma mate.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72824 on: March 31, 2023, 04:10:42 pm »
I'd throw my belt in the bin if I had to fight Foden's ma mate.
What if I offered you a 70/30 split and promised to drop the rematch clause ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72825 on: March 31, 2023, 08:33:45 pm »
Fuckin' hell mate, you're more dodgy than Don King.  ;D

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #72826 on: March 31, 2023, 09:21:42 pm »
As Lusty said mate they only report figures if they're good or break records;D
Thought as much... was curious to the actual figures, how much they pay out to what they recoup... i'll have a google woogle  :wave

Also Samie i'll keep an eye for you throwing your zimmer frame into the ring...  ;D
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72827 on: April 1, 2023, 10:34:19 am »
Just seen Charlie Edwards call out his brother Sunny. Luckily the latter has got the right promoter to sell that now. Going for AJ, round 4 tonight.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #72828 on: April 1, 2023, 02:46:24 pm »
Ken Buchanan sadly passed away. R.I.P 

Scottish boxing legend Ken Buchanan has died at the age of 77.

It comes a year after his son Mark confirmed he had been diagnosed with dementia.

Buchanan was Scotland's first undisputed world champion and arguably the country's greatest boxer.

The Ken Buchanan Foundation confirmed his death, saying "it is with great sadness that we have to inform you Ken passed away peacefully in his sleep this morning".

The statement added: "Further announcements will come and please give the family some time to process this sad news. RIP Ken, always a gentleman and one of the best champions we will ever see."

Having turned professional in 1965, Buchanan memorably won the WBA lightweight world title by dethroning Panama's Ismael Laguna in the scorching heat of Puerto Rica in 1970, a year in which the Scot was the American Boxing Writers' Association's Fighter of the Year, ahead of Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali.

He defeated Ruben Navarro in Los Angeles in 1971 to take the WBC crown and become Scotland's first undisputed world champion, a feat only matched 50 years later by Josh Taylor.

Buchanan won his first 33 professional fights and retired in 1982 with a 61-9 record, including 27 wins by knockout.

More to follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/65149207

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72829 on: April 1, 2023, 02:47:05 pm »
RIP
  :(

One of our very few Undisputed Champions.  And at his peak only lost to Roberto Duran. Says it all.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2023, 02:49:16 pm by Samie »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72830 on: April 1, 2023, 03:57:26 pm »
RIP
  :(

One of our very few Undisputed Champions.  And at his peak only lost to Roberto Duran. Says it all.
And that should have been ruled a NC as well.

RIP.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72831 on: April 1, 2023, 05:00:26 pm »
RIP to a great champion  :(

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72832 on: April 1, 2023, 07:55:46 pm »
RIP Ken Buchanan, a British boxing great and one of Scotland’s finest ever sportsmen.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72833 on: April 1, 2023, 08:01:35 pm »

Perhaps my favourite fight of all-time

Ken was fucking magnificent that night

RIP.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72834 on: April 1, 2023, 08:26:36 pm »
Are there any links to the AJ fight, thanks?

Offline danuttah

• Main Stander
« Reply #72835 on: April 1, 2023, 08:38:50 pm »
This one is working OK here right now - struggling to find much else.

https://www.vipleague.st/anthony-joshua-vs-jermaine-franklin-1-live-streaming

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72836 on: April 1, 2023, 08:42:33 pm »
This one is working OK here right now - struggling to find much else.

https://www.vipleague.st/anthony-joshua-vs-jermaine-franklin-1-live-streaming

What is that mate? Just a collection of spam windows

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72837 on: April 1, 2023, 08:46:39 pm »
What is that mate? Just a collection of spam windows

I just tried it & it's sound with an ad-blocker,zero pop ups.  :thumbup
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline danuttah

• Main Stander
« Reply #72838 on: April 1, 2023, 08:52:03 pm »
Yeah - use an Adblocker, or just be pesistant...

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #72839 on: April 1, 2023, 08:53:50 pm »
What times the main event