Poll

From 12th to bottom getting very tight down there. Who's your 3 to get flushed?

Crystal Palace
14 (2%)
Wolves
4 (0.6%)
Leeds
96 (13.7%)
Everton
139 (19.9%)
Notts Forest
102 (14.6%)
Leicester
56 (8%)
West Ham
9 (1.3%)
Bournemouth
75 (10.7%)
Southampton
205 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 238

Author Topic: Predictions for bottom 3/relegation  (Read 17936 times)

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
Re: Predictions for bottom 3/relegation
« Reply #40 on: April 5, 2023, 11:25:31 am »
Some big games this weekend at the bottom.

Leeds vs Palace, winner of that would be close to safe you would imagine. Leicester vs B'mouth, loser of that would be in deep trouble.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: April 5, 2023, 11:26:27 am »
should relegate 6 teams this year.
no one seems able to pull away, they're all scrapping and picking up points, i thought wolves form hadn't been too bad but they still right in it.
i suppose usually theres at least 1 team thats cut adrift but even southampton are putting up a fight.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: April 5, 2023, 11:50:33 am »
Forest and Southampton look doomed. Bournemouth probably to join them

I'd go with that.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #43 on: April 5, 2023, 01:10:11 pm »

Yes, looks that way to me. Lampard, without doubt would have took Everton down, probably be rock bottom now if he was in charge. Dyche is good at what he does and if he hangs around I reckon he'll get Everton mid table.

I just Everton escape the drop at an away game or better still on a day/night they're not playing at all, I couldn't face another night of relegation escape celebrations on County Road again!

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: April 5, 2023, 01:11:25 pm »
Everton escaping the drop and getting a 6 point deduction which would send them down would be utopia.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #45 on: April 5, 2023, 01:19:45 pm »

Everton escaping the drop and getting a 6 point deduction which would send them down would be utopia.

I think the first one above with a possible variation based on the second one, of course managerial changes can impact at this late stage as well and there's more to come on that one I suspect.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: April 5, 2023, 02:28:38 pm »
Leicester look in deep trouble. Really wouldn't want to rely on Danny Ward if you're scrapping for points. Then again Bournemouth have Neto.

Be great to see Leicester drop and have their team picked apart by the vultures.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 5, 2023, 02:51:47 pm »
Southampton, Bournemouth and Leicester would be my guesses today. Sadly think Everton get out of it now, but I do think they'll go down next year.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2023, 10:49:55 pm »
I'm revising my original picks  ;D

14 Bournemouth -28 33   
15 West Ham       -12 31   
16 Leeds             -20 29   
17 Everton           -22 27   
18 Forest            -32 27   
19 Leicester        -14 25   
20 Southampton-29 23

7 to go - West Ham have 8

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2023, 09:37:57 am »
Leeds looked awful, two homes games and they ship 11 goals, think their next 3 games are there only hopes of picking up any points. After that it don't look good for them.

Leicester still have to play a few around them and have to beat Everton for any chance to stay up.

If I had to pick 3 after this weekend fixtures I say Southampton, Forest and Leeds are going down.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2023, 10:55:22 am »
https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

I still have Everton getting relegated finishing 18th on 31 points ;D
Leeds just scrape it with 32

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2023, 11:07:48 am »
Everton to continue to be the blue turd floater. Bloody annoying, but Dyche is getting them moulded into his shiteball ways. Brentford putting in their worst performance of the season has given them a boost, then getting that jammy late equaliser against Chelsea. Just hoping the international break makes them stutter, especially with a tough April coming up.

Think it'll be Palace (imagine losing Viera as your manager and the OFC dodders into taking training, bringing his 'transferable' anti-football tactics?), along with Bournemouth and Southampton.

My amazing footballing predictions strike once again

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2023, 11:24:05 am »
Now they’re all more or less on the same games played, my final standings prediction is:-
18. Leeds
19. Forest
20. Saints

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2023, 11:26:07 am »
Leeds vs Leicester next week probably decides which one of them joins Forest and Southampton

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2023, 11:46:02 am »
Southampton, Everton and Forest to go down. If not Everton, Leeds. I do think Dean Smith will get a result or two out of Leicester. If Forest go down, they're in serious shit.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2023, 12:15:56 pm »
Everton, Everton and Everton please. 

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2023, 12:20:46 pm »
If Leicester beat Wolves and Everton at home I'm going to start dreaming about Operation Everton Going Down™

Southampton look like they've lost their fight. Forest will also just about slip down, IMO. Don't see where their points are coming from now.

Leeds are a bit of a worry. They need to try something else, because even if they go gung ho it won't be enough, they concede too many.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2023, 12:33:37 pm »
Southampton, Bournemouth and Leicester would be my guesses today. Sadly think Everton get out of it now, but I do think they'll go down next year.

Bournemouth look like they're pulling out of it.

Right now Southampton, Leicester and Forest but Leeds are seriously shite.

Still think Everton manage to get out of it purely because Dyche will get them enough draws or something, but I'd agree with whoever it was saying they've got the worst squad of all the teams. There's not one Everton player I'd have here even as a sub but there's a half decent body or two in most of the other squads.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2023, 12:50:09 pm »
Think Everton's got the worst remaining fixture list between themselves, Bournemouth, Forest and Leicester. Though they are playing Bournemouth at Goodison on the final day, that should be mental.

I don't see Dyche as their saviour at all. His reputation is staked on him having players that play his style at his disposal, something I think Everton lack at the moment. Since he joined they've shipped 20 goals versus scoring only 8, not exactly replicating his Burnley type numbers, nor are they indicative of an improvement since he took over. 

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2023, 01:08:27 pm »
Pretty tough to call with all of them being so shit.

Assuming Bournemouth and above are safe

West Ham 31 pts with -12 GD
Leeds 29 points with -20 GD
Everton 27 pts with -22 GD
Forest 27 pts with -32 GD
Leicester 25 pts with -14 GD
Southampton 23 pts with -29 GD

GD could come into play for West Ham and Leicester being better than the rest, and for Forest it could have the opposite as they're at least 10 worse off than everyone bar Southampton.

Along with their European games, West Ham have Bournemouth A, Liverpool H, Palace A, Abu Dhabi A, Manc Utd H, Brentford A, Leeds H, Leicester H
Leeds - Fulham A, Leicester H, Bournemouth A, Abu Dhabi A, Saudi Arabia H, West Ham A, Spurs H
Everton - Palace A, Saudi H, Leicester A, Brighton A, Abu Dhabi H, Wolves A, Bournemouth H
Forest - Liverpool A, Brighton H, Brentford A, Southampton H, Chelsea A, Arsenal H, Palace A
Leicester - Wolves H, Leeds A, Everton H, Fulham A, Liverpool H, Saudi A, West Ham H
Southampton - Arsenal A, Bournemouth H, Saudi A, Forest A, Fulham H, Brighton A, Liverpool H

I could see Forest losing every game apart from Southampton.
Southampton could pick up a point or 2 v Bournemouth and Fulham.
Leeds need to sort themselves out sharpish.
Leicester could get out of it with a few points v Wolves, Leeds, Everton and West Ham.
Everton could easily lose their next 5 but still somehow be sitting in 17th.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2023, 01:28:56 pm »

Leeds - Fulham A, Leicester H, Bournemouth A, Abu Dhabi A, Saudi Arabia H, West Ham A, Spurs H

Leeds need some points, probably at least 5 I'd say, from their next 3 fixtures or they're fucked.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2023, 02:35:48 pm »
If Leicester beat Wolves and Everton at home I'm going to start dreaming about Operation Everton Going Down™

Codename Turdflush
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2023, 02:54:57 pm »
As others have said, the key game is Leicester-Everton

If Leicester win that, I think Everton have one foot over the trapdoor, as I could see them then only getting to 32 points max. If Everton win that game, it buys them enough breathing space and I would say they'd just about keep clear.

Can see each of Leeds, Leicester and Forest finishing on 32-33 points. It's just a pity one or two of these have been unable to put a run together to pull themselves clear.

I reckon WHU will safe (35-36 points)

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2023, 03:30:35 pm »
As others have said, the key game is Leicester-Everton

I think Leicester generally speaking are the 'king makers' here. It feels like they might have the players to pull themselves out of it, and to me at least they look like a squad most capable of putting enough results together. If they do then there's suddenly 2 places in play rather than 2. And I'd think that would be enough to relegate everton along with one of forest or leeds.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2023, 03:41:01 pm »
Part of me wants Everton to stay up for another year. They aren't getting better next season. May have a points deduction. SO pro-long the agony for them. Once they are relegated they can get rid of their high earners which will give them a much needed reset.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2023, 03:54:12 pm »
Part of me wants Everton to stay up for another year. They aren't getting better next season. May have a points deduction. SO pro-long the agony for them. Once they are relegated they can get rid of their high earners which will give them a much needed reset.

If Everton do avoid it then without new owners coming in before the summer I can't see how they avoid it next year.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2023, 03:59:04 pm »

Avoiding relegation means another year of PL money, another 12 months of being a PL team to potentially attract new owners.

I'd prefer them to be flushed this season, fail to get re-promoted, watch the financial chickens come home to roost. Then enjoy Goodison get a new lick of Cuprinol to serve another 10 years.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2023, 04:01:17 pm »
If Everton do avoid it then without new owners coming in before the summer I can't see how they avoid it next year.

The issue next year is the promoted teams look even worse than this year. At least Fulham have done very well, there's a chance Burnley could do okay but a few of their best players are on loan and they could just be another Norwich or Fulham previously when they've come up. Sheff United aren't as strong as when they come up last time and whoever wins the play offs have got no chance.

There's also Leeds in the same boat as Everton who get worse each year but one of them will likely go IF Leicester pick up. Other teams like Bournemouth if they stay up will struggle again. Everton will rely on Dyche getting a few warhorses in on the cheap and scraping out results like he did at Burnley.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2023, 04:59:56 pm »
I think Leicester generally speaking are the 'king makers' here.

They play Everton and Leeds so they'll have a massive say. Leeds really need to get on a run in the next 3 matches. Southampton are doomed. Forest are hopeless. Everton will probably just stay up.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2023, 05:36:12 pm »
Expect Saints, Forest, and Leeds to drop.

Hope that Everton, Leicester, and Forest drop.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2023, 05:39:42 pm »
Saints, Leicester and Forest are who I think will go, the turd will continue to float.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2023, 06:20:13 pm »
They play Everton and Leeds so they'll have a massive say. Leeds really need to get on a run in the next 3 matches. Southampton are doomed. Forest are hopeless. Everton will probably just stay up.

Everton need to somehow be worse than Leicester AND Leeds for the rest of the season. Southampton and Forest are no hopers.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2023, 08:45:55 pm »
Saints, Leicester and Forest are who I think will go, the turd will continue to float.

Taking more notice to the bottom of the table and genuinely hoping one of the teams goes down, helps you realise how poor some of the teams in the bottom 6 are.

It's staggering how poor some of the teams are that will stay up. To be fair some of the teams who go down will also have taken points off us.

I reckon 34 points has a decent chance of keeping you up this season. It's why I wouldn;t rule Southampton out just yet. Anyone West Ham and above is surely safe though.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2023, 08:52:38 pm »
Leeds
Forest
Southampton...

In that order
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2023, 10:27:30 pm »
Taking more notice to the bottom of the table and genuinely hoping one of the teams goes down, helps you realise how poor some of the teams in the bottom 6 are.

It's staggering how poor some of the teams are that will stay up. To be fair some of the teams who go down will also have taken points off us.

I reckon 34 points has a decent chance of keeping you up this season. It's why I wouldn;t rule Southampton out just yet. Anyone West Ham and above is surely safe though.

You're probably right with the 34 pts, each of the bottom 5 have one game against a bottom 5 team, Leicester have 2 (Leeds and the Shite) which each will think is a winnable game, the rest of the games you think they will lose, so they'll all finish on 30pts or less. I just can't see Southampton breaking 26 pts, they look nailed on for bottom
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2023, 10:52:15 pm »
Southampton, Everton & Leeds, maybe Forest instead of Leeds depending on their result against Southampton, win that and I think Leeds are gone as I can't see them winning another match

Everton are fucked, there's a slight chance they could nick something at Palace or Wolves depending on whether they turn up or not but Everton have fuck all goals in their side which makes it doubly difficult, if they're in the bottom 3 going into the final game I'll only be worried if Bournemouth turn up on a fire damaged bus and their keeper is carrying a briefcase with "The Arteta Money" written on it

Online swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2023, 10:08:26 pm »
Following that very unexpected point for Southampton, amazingly they've put themselves back in with a chance of getting out of it.

They've got Bournemouth, Forest and Fulham as 3 of their next 4. 7 points out of thst and they've got a chance. They'll lose their other games probably.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2023, 11:58:50 am »
Following that very unexpected point for Southampton, amazingly they've put themselves back in with a chance of getting out of it.

They've got Bournemouth, Forest and Fulham as 3 of their next 4. 7 points out of thst and they've got a chance. They'll lose their other games probably.

They've got us at home last game - imagine the fewm if we lose that and it sends the bitters down ;D

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2023, 01:32:24 pm »
https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

I still have Everton getting relegated finishing 18th on 31 points ;D
Leeds just scrape it with 32
Just completed this myself, I have Leicester in 18th, Southampton 19th and Forest 20th.

Leeds and Everton survive by a point.

https://gyazo.com/882ff2ce848ce907027202cbeed7c63e
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2023, 05:03:54 pm »
Some important Midweek games
Leeds v Leicester
Forest v Brighton
Everton v Newcastle   
Southampton v Bournemouth