Author Topic: Super Ultimate Last Ever * (Working Title) Movie Draft - Sign up and discussion  (Read 16284 times)

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
So, the wildcard, we can pick a movie previously selected on another draft?

No.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
I don't recall seeing a time window for this one? It was 2 hours for the pre-80's one. Same here, or?
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I don't recall seeing a time window for this one? It was 2 hours for the pre-80's one. Same here, or?

In theory it's meant to be one hour, so you're good to go when ready mate
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Chakan in with the best Star Wars film there!

That means all the really good star wars/LOTR films have gone now ;) (lobs grenade, runs out)

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

That means all the really good star wars/LOTR films have gone now ;) (lobs grenade, runs out)

When did this classic get picked?

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Undoubtedly the best star wars there is! No question!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Warwick Davis even getting a mention on this.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Undoubtedly the best star wars there is! No question!

You would say that!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: March 9, 2023, 01:17:37 pm by Chakan »

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just because it's true :P

Far too much time spent on Dagobah and no Ghost Obi-Wan guiding that torpedo!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Far too much time spent on Dagobah and no Ghost Obi-Wan guiding that torpedo!

I made an edit ;)

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
A New Hope is undoubtedly my favourite, simply because Alec Guiness' acting chops are a cut above everyone. Whether it's the best is another question though.

Offline telekon

• Legacy Fan

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Stop posting things where I don't remember the official episode numbers anymore and make your picks  :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They were good at the time, but boy they are stretching the limits now where I shudder at the thought of watching a Star Wars franchise product. Talk about ruining the legacy.

Offline telekon

• Legacy Fan
They were good at the time, but boy they are stretching the limits now where I shudder at the thought of watching a Star Wars franchise product. Talk about ruining the legacy.

Not enjoying Endor I take it?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not enjoying Endor I take it?

The Mandalorian and Rogue One are possibly the only two things I have enjoyed since Return of the Jedi, and even that had Ewoks.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Dammit, Telekon. Great pick. Though DD might go under the radar a bit longer.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

All the great original Fantasy / Sci-Fi stuff is so oversaturated these days, I'm sure some of it is good but I've not got the time to watch even 20% of it.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Great writeup about The Revenant, Tele. Really enjoyed reading that.

Been meaning to rewatch that film for a while. It's one I really liked but felt with subsequent rewatches would get more out of it, but somehow never managed to. Your post put me right in the mood though.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Three picks in and I'm already tying myself in knots because of movies I can't pick for one reason or another. At this rate I'll be picking Carry On Screaming soon.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Three picks in and I'm already tying myself in knots because of movies I can't pick for one reason or another. At this rate I'll be picking Carry On Screaming soon.

Yeah, I gotta be honest. This draft is a lot harder than I envisioned!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, I gotta be honest. This draft is a lot harder than I envisioned!

I'm sad the movie I would have picked first still hasn't gone. Shameful the lot of you.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm sad the movie I would have picked first still hasn't gone. Shameful the lot of you.

I can't pick it. That's the annoying thing. I was going to pick it until I remembered I couldn't.

Who is to go next anyway?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Wonder if its the one me and SM were guessing at yesterday

surely it is. 

edit: Actually i don't think it is as i cant see that you have picked the one I'm thinking of in a previous movie draft.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2023, 03:44:19 pm by Buck Pete »

Offline telekon

• Legacy Fan
Dammit, Telekon. Great pick. Though DD might go under the radar a bit longer.

I reckoned that as well, but didn't want to risk it going to someone with as fine taste as yourself.

Great writeup about The Revenant, Tele. Really enjoyed reading that.

Been meaning to rewatch that film for a while. It's one I really liked but felt with subsequent rewatches would get more out of it, but somehow never managed to. Your post put me right in the mood though.

Happy to hear it!

I didn't write it (sorry, should have included the link), but also enjoyed that analysis very much.

It's probably even better on subsequent viewings. I wasn't smart enough to pick up on the different tribes/nations at first so a version that translated the native american dialogue and included the tribe name helped a lot.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
"The Chaser" is a great pick, Pete - great movie, creepy as all fuck.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"The Chaser" is a great pick, Pete - great movie, creepy as all fuck.

Yeah. Its between The Chaser and Se7en  as to which is my all time fav movie in that Genre.

Na Hong-jin is a great director.  I watched the 'The Yellow Sea' and 'The Wailing' after I watched 'The Chaser.'  All good movies but the latter is his masterpiece.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah. Its between The Chaser and Se7en  as to which is my all time fav movie in that Genre.

Na Hong-jin is a great director.  I watched the 'The Yellow Sea' and 'The Wailing' after I watched 'The Chaser.'  All good movies but the latter is his masterpiece.

For sure. "Yellow Sea" is absolutely electric, and "The Wailing" is both hilarious and terrifying. He's long overdue for another one.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dam Fight Club has gone! Amazing film

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Is everyone all good with the rules now?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Should have known RM would pick The Royal Tenenbaums, in my top 5 of all time. Fight Club gone too, damn.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Damn, didn't think Let The Right One In would go either :(

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Great pick by John P. My reason for asking the question about directors being replicated in the wildcard choice was because I wanted to see if I could select Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Should have known RM would pick The Royal Tenenbaums, in my top 5 of all time. Fight Club gone too, damn.

I can't believe neither of us has picked it before this.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I can't believe neither of us has picked it before this.

I know, I guess I was just trying to be clever thinking no one's going to pick that, or LTROI, 2 films I adore.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Not seen any of those, and was only familiar with The Wailing - thanks for the intro/recommendation!

Which would you tell someone to start with, to get a good sense of whether you're going to enjoy them?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do we now go past Andy and he catches up after? Or is the hour for picking just in the first round?