Author Topic: Pre-80s Movie Draft - Sign up and Discussion  (Read 19289 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Pre-80s Movie Draft - Sign up and Discussion
« Reply #200 on: February 9, 2023, 02:51:08 pm »
Haha such a quotable film. You talking about unforgettable tunes reminded me of this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SJUhlRoBL8M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SJUhlRoBL8M</a>

Haha definitely!!

"You're all individuals!!

We're all individuals!

I'm not...

Shhhhhhh"

Love it.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #201 on: February 9, 2023, 02:51:11 pm »
What's the script now? I've done two are we doing any more today?

We just go in order and keep going, so as soon as the person in front of you picks, you pick again. There isn't like a daily quota.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #202 on: February 9, 2023, 02:58:11 pm »
Haha definitely!!

"You're all individuals!!

We're all individuals!

I'm not...

Shhhhhhh"

Love it.

I was reading somewhere that the "I'm not" line wasn't in the script. The actor just threw it in for a laugh and they liked it so much they kept it  :lmao
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 9, 2023, 03:07:13 pm »
Just had a burst of excitement at the thought of Airplane! for a potential wildcard

alas, another 1980 movie

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 9, 2023, 03:13:21 pm »
I was reading somewhere that the "I'm not" line wasn't in the script. The actor just threw it in for a laugh and they liked it so much they kept it  :lmao

Classic! Funny how those improvised lines always seem to find their way into movies.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 9, 2023, 03:13:54 pm »
Just had a burst of excitement at the thought of Airplane! for a potential wildcard

alas, another 1980 movie

I was gonna pick Raging bull, but also 1980 :(

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 9, 2023, 03:17:54 pm »
I love Andy. I've made my 2 picks can I go home now?  ;D

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 9, 2023, 03:35:35 pm »
I have always known the history of George Harrison and his involvement was Python, but I've been reading Michael Palin's books recently and only just found out he appeared in the movie. Finding this scene will give me an excuse to watch it again, I guess.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #208 on: February 9, 2023, 03:36:59 pm »
Should be up to date now

PICKS:

Samie: 2001: A Space Odyssey - Cat. 5 Sci-Fi/Horror, The Sword in the Stone - Cat 6. Animation, The Conversation - Cat 2. Thriller

John_P: Singin' In The Rain - Cat. 4 Musical, Yojimbo - Cat 7. Foreign Language, Snow White and The Seven Dwarves - Cat 6. Family/Animation,

Chakan: Apocalypse Now - Cat. 1 War, Young Frankenstein - Cat 4. Comedy,  The Graduate - Cat 3. Romance/Drama,

Buck Pete: Blazing Saddles - Cat. 4 Comedy, The French Connection - Cat 2. Thriller/Crime, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly -  Cat 1. Western,

telekon:

Betty Blue: Dr. Stangelove - Cat. 1 War, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Cat 3. Drama, Life of Brian - Cat 4. Comedy/Musical

El Lobo: The Godfather - Cat. 2 Crime, Seven Samurai - Cat. 7 Foreign Language, Animal House - Cat. 4 Comedy

Sheer Magnetism: The Godfather Part II - Cat. 2 Crime, Once Upon a Time in the West - Cat. 1 Western,

Hazell: Dog Day Afternoon - Cat. 4 Drama/Romance, Rosemary's Baby - Cat. 5: Sci-fi/Horror

Musketeer Gripweed: Papillon - Cat. 4 Drama/Romance, Fist of Fury - Cat. 7 foreign language

red mongoose: Star Wars - Cat. 5 Sci-Fi/Horror, North by Northwest - Cat 2. Thriller/Crime/Mystery

Andy @ Allerton!:[/color] Alien - Cat. 5 Sci-Fi/Horror, Metropolis - Cat. 7 foreign language

classycarra: The Jungle Book -  Cat. 6 Family/Animation, Jaws -  Cat 2. Thriller/Crime/Mystery

RobbieRedman: The Deer Hunter - Cat. 1 War, Some Like It Hot - Cat. 4 Comedy

NICHOLLS1986: Vertigo - Cat 2. Thriller/Crime/Mystery, A Clockwork Orange - Cat 5. Sci-Fi/Horror

Lastrador: Barry Lyndon - Cat 3. Drama, All That Jazz - Cat 4. Musical

Max_powers: Citizen Kane - Cat 2. Mystery, Taxi Driver - Cat 3. Drama

killer-heels: M - Cat 7. Foreign Language, Roman Holiday - Cat 3. Romance
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 9, 2023, 03:42:28 pm »
Nice swan Betts.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #210 on: February 9, 2023, 03:45:15 pm »
I have always known the history of George Harrison and his involvement was Python, but I've been reading Michael Palin's books recently and only just found out he appeared in the movie. Finding this scene will give me an excuse to watch it again, I guess.

He also fronted the money to have Life of Brian made, which I'm sure you already know. That's how to make use of fame and fortune if it ever comes your way!

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 9, 2023, 03:54:16 pm »
Nice one, Lobo. "Animal House" is right up there with the all-timers.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 9, 2023, 03:55:42 pm »
He also fronted the money to have Life of Brian made, which I'm sure you already know. That's how to make use of fame and fortune if it ever comes your way!

Yeah, I knew he and Dennis O'Brien fronted up the money when EMI pulled out at the last minute. He became really friendly with Palin and Idle in particular. I've read Palin's books, Idle's and Cleese's in the last year. Bloody good reads, but better in Audiobooks to be honest.

I didn't know Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin fronted up money for erm, another project they were involved with, until recently though.

Keith Moon was also meant to be in Brian, but died before filming it.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 9, 2023, 04:00:30 pm »
Hell, didn't realise Papillion had gone.  That's my drama pick out the window

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #214 on: February 9, 2023, 04:12:48 pm »
Yeah, I knew he and Dennis O'Brien fronted up the money when EMI pulled out at the last minute. He became really friendly with Palin and Idle in particular. I've read Palin's books, Idle's and Cleese's in the last year. Bloody good reads, but better in Audiobooks to be honest.

I didn't know Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin fronted up money for erm, another project they were involved with, until recently though.

Keith Moon was also meant to be in Brian, but died before filming it.

Yeah and then Dennis screwed him out of a large sum of money! I should get on those. Love a good audiobook too.

Didn't know that about Keith Moon's potential cameo. Pity, he'd have fitted right in!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 9, 2023, 04:20:45 pm »
Really jonesing for my next pick

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: February 9, 2023, 04:22:10 pm »
 ;D

Really getting hooked into it now mate?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 9, 2023, 04:23:25 pm »
I have my next pick ready whenever it's my go.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 9, 2023, 04:24:16 pm »
You're an old whore Haze, no one gives a damn if your pick is ready or not.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 9, 2023, 04:26:14 pm »
;D

Really getting hooked into it now mate?
It's definitely got me good mate! Don't think I know enough about italian football in the 90s for the football ones, but love me some film chat

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: February 9, 2023, 04:27:53 pm »

I also have my next pick ready.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 9, 2023, 04:29:06 pm »
Wells Sheer has missed his go, so we're probably good to carry on

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #222 on: February 9, 2023, 04:30:08 pm »
It's definitely got me good mate! Don't think I know enough about italian football in the 90s for the football ones, but love me some film chat

I think we need to find more spin off film drafts once this one is done. This is meant to be the last one, sadly.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: February 9, 2023, 04:32:28 pm »
I think we need to find more spin off film drafts once this one is done. This is meant to be the last one, sadly.

Just thought of a new Film draft we could do after this. We pick only Sequels to films for our stable.  :D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 9, 2023, 04:32:37 pm »

Arse.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 9, 2023, 04:33:47 pm »
I also have my next pick ready.

Not your first rodeo either Mongy.  :-*

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: February 9, 2023, 04:34:48 pm »
Arse.

;D

Although I do love Watership Down.

Did you see the new one? It;'s good too.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 9, 2023, 04:39:28 pm »
Watership down traumatized me so so much.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #228 on: February 9, 2023, 04:44:06 pm »
Watership down traumatized me so so much.

Not sure what's worse between that and The Exorcist.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #229 on: February 9, 2023, 04:45:18 pm »
I feel like Watership Down is the film equivalent to Catcher in the Rye, in that every serial killer has watched it.

This guys the best character anyway

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 9, 2023, 04:47:10 pm »
Not sure what's worse between that and The Exorcist.

I feel like Watership Down is the film equivalent to Catcher in the Rye, in that every serial killer has watched it.

This guys the best character anyway

It's close really, I mean the exorcist is disturbing but it's like gross disturbing, whereas Watership Down is just a complete mind fuck.

Exorcist has some awesome quotable lines though!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: February 9, 2023, 04:48:18 pm »

:lmao

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #232 on: February 9, 2023, 04:49:06 pm »
Watership Down can suck a dick, fuck that movie and fuck the teacher who made us watch it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #233 on: February 9, 2023, 04:51:52 pm »

Or how about a best of Film decades draft draft? So we have to pick one film from each decade - 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 9, 2023, 04:52:05 pm »
Watership Down can suck a dick, fuck that movie and fuck the teacher who made us watch it.

Omg some teacher made you watch it!?

Bloody hell are they insane? That's just cruel.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #235 on: February 9, 2023, 04:52:15 pm »
Going out in a bit, so might have to put my next one down in 8 minutes
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 9, 2023, 04:52:48 pm »

Always enjoy the fact some channel usually puts it on around Easter each year so another generation of kids can get scarred for life. For some reason we had a book of the film in the house complete with graphic rabbit violence.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 9, 2023, 04:52:49 pm »
Going out in a bit, so might have to put my next one down in 8 minutes

Send your pick to someone.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #238 on: February 9, 2023, 04:52:53 pm »
Actually RM has just gone so
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #239 on: February 9, 2023, 04:53:35 pm »
Omg some teacher made you watch it!?

Bloody hell are they insane? That's just cruel.

Yeah was in primary school, so before the age of 12.  Nightmare fuel.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.