Author Topic: Turkey/Syria earthquake  (Read 4696 times)

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Turkey/Syria earthquake
« Reply #40 on: February 9, 2023, 01:53:04 pm »
My wife's from Chile, and the first thing she asked is how can a country situated on a fault-line have no culture of preparing for earthquakes. It's a good question and one I couldn't answer. It's not like earthquakes are a rarity in that part of the Med.

Cause they care much more about their bottom line, than protecting people's lives.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2023, 09:33:37 am »
It's absolutely heart breaking watching the news as think the death toll will go a lot higher. To see people digging with their hands looking for love ones is chilling. Yesterday they saved a man who was holding his dead wife under the rubble for three days. He probably wished he was dead with her as survivors grief will eat at many there.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2023, 10:51:25 am »
Saw similar video yesterday where they dug out a dad who was dead but had held his son under his body shielding him. The son was found alive underneath. Father love. Enough to make grown men cry.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2023, 09:31:21 am »
Saw similar video yesterday where they dug out a dad who was dead but had held his son under his body shielding him. The son was found alive underneath. Father love. Enough to make grown men cry.

That's unbelievable but then again there is probably similar moments in every house in every apartment building where love ones put themselves in danger without thinking to save a child or elderly parent. Makes me think twice about any issue i have right now and definitely not worrying about a football game too much.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2023, 02:51:35 am »

When I was younger these news stories of tragedy seem to wash over me. Now as a parent the shear humanity of the situation is staggering and very depressing. I think most of us feel like the struggle of being a parent is hard. Seeing mums and dads with young kids in the cold with half their family deceased makes my stomach turn thinking about it.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2023, 08:39:21 am »
What's striking is the historical city of Aleppo looked like post-war Dresden during the civil war, being bombed with impunity. Now it's been literally flattened by the earthquake and many surviving buildings will have to be demolished for safety. It's heartbreaking the unimaginable suffering people in ths region are going through.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2023, 10:14:40 am »

It’s a poor country, businesses in construction have cut corners and i guess the government didn’t have a strong enough enforcement regime, absolute devastating to see it, a close friend of mine from work has seen family members killed and his entire family and all of their relatives lose everything, completely homeless but even they are grateful for making it alive

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2023, 02:17:14 pm »
Reports of up to 5 million homeless in Syria now. Hard to grasp how vast the disaster is over there.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2023, 06:01:06 pm »
Reports of up to 5 million homeless in Syria now. Hard to grasp how vast the disaster is over there.

it’s horrific

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2023, 09:17:34 pm »

It’s a poor country, businesses in construction have cut corners and i guess the government didn’t have a strong enough enforcement regime, absolute devastating to see it, a close friend of mine from work has seen family members killed and his entire family and all of their relatives lose everything, completely homeless but even they are grateful for making it alive

I'd suggest it's a deliberate policy.

Before he started trying to regress Turkey into an oppressive neo-theocracy, Erdoğan rose to power espousing an economically hard-right programme of deregulation and promoting corporate interests. That he opened an amnesty for construction firms who had deliberately failed to construct buildings to earthquake-resistant standards says everything about the evil, goat-fucking shitstain.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2023, 10:52:18 pm »
Am sure this was about the Turkey/Syria earthquake. Not about the political points scoring or Erdogan Assad bashing. Not that im a fan either. Maybe take that to another thread.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2023, 06:09:24 pm »
Over 30,000 dead now, and many many still under the wreckage yet to be discovered.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Rawkybalboa

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2023, 02:37:22 pm »
Over 37,000 loved ones sadly lost their lives. Lots of children whilst sleeping.

But you got idiots like this one below

https://news.sky.com/story/capital-fm-presenter-ant-payne-apologises-for-insensitive-joke-about-earthquake-hit-turkey-12810687

and idiots at Charlie Hebdo
who think its worth making a joke of. Sick hypocritical world we live in.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2023, 06:42:09 pm »
Tbf, that was more crass than CH. CH was just having a go at Erdogan, wasn’t it?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2023, 06:50:40 pm »
Tbf, that was more crass than CH. CH was just having a go at Erdogan, wasn’t it?

Fair to say that opinion is split

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2023, 06:51:43 pm »

Ah don't set em off again already got one thread locked!

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2023, 07:44:37 pm »
His apology is about as sincere as Pep's, he's a c*nt. You don't make comments like that and say it was an error of judgement when your job is to fucking TALK!

RIP to all those that have perished, incredible loss of life.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2023, 11:05:10 pm »

Ah don't set em off again already got one thread locked!

Ahhh, only just saw that thread.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2023, 06:17:41 pm »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2023, 07:39:13 pm »
Heart breaking.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2023, 09:58:16 pm »
Just terrifying they must be wondering what's happening next.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"